What is your most ridiculously easy dish that draws raves?

Potato-Leek soup

Recipe:
4 Tbs
2 or 3 leeks trimmed and thoroughly cleaned (number depends on size)
4 lbs golden potatoes peeled (if you like) and cubed
6 C chicken stock (youi can use veg stock to make it all veggie)
1 C milk or cream
Croutons if you like

Slice up leeks and cube potatoes, melt butter in large pan. Saute potatoes and leeks in butter for about 15 mins over Med-low heat. Add stock, bring to boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender. Use a stick blender to smooth out soup to your liking. Add milk/cream, stir, top with croutons and serve.

The great thing about this soup is the variation. In the summer, I peel the potatoes, blend it very smooth, use milk and serve it cold. In the winter, I leave the peels on, blend it chunkier, use cream and add croutons. It is really easy and so yummy!

My very favorite, ridiculously easy dinner recipe is from the South Beach Diet cook book. I don't remember the name of the dish, but. it is quick and easy and nutritious.

I roast 1 lb asparagus drizzled with olive oil for 20 minutes.
Then, in the same oven, 4 servings salmon (I do 3oz servings, but, it depends on your appetite and caloric needs) for about 10 minutes.
Serve over field greens with a dressing made up of 2tbs Dijon mustard, 2tbs olive oil, 1tbs wine vinegar.

The whole project takes about 20-25 minutes, tops. A great work day dinner.:worship:

OMG, this sounds great!

My very favorite, ridiculously easy dinner recipe is from the South Beach Diet cook book. I don't remember the name of the dish, but. it is quick and easy and nutritious.

I roast 1 lb asparagus drizzled with olive oil for 20 minutes.
Then, in the same oven, 4 servings salmon (I do 3oz servings, but, it depends on your appetite and caloric needs) for about 10 minutes.
Serve over field greens with a dressing made up of 2tbs Dijon mustard, 2tbs olive oil, 1tbs wine vinegar.

The whole project takes about 20-25 minutes, tops. A great work day dinner.:worship:

I do almost the same thing but with the asparagus I mix it with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and a couple dashes of lime juice. Roast it in the oven and it is awesome!

Potato Salad

-Dice and boil russet potatoes (until very soft)
-Chop celery very fine
-Equal parts of dill pickle cubes and sweet pickle cubes
-Chop up a couple of hard boiled eggs
-Add Dukes mayo, yellow mustard, and white vinegar to taste
-salt and pepper

Stir it all together.

The 2 ingredient dessert.....

1 box Nabisco Famous Chocolate wafer cookies
Whipped cream (best) or Cool Whip

Take a cookie, put a layer of wc or cw on it, stack another cookie on top, and keep layering like that until you have a large enough log for however many people you need to serve. Cover the entire log with wc or cw, and if you really want to go crazy, you can even shake some chocolate chips on top. Let sit overnight in refrigerator so the cookies soften, and slice it diagonally. It looks like a black and white striped cake and it is delicious.

A real simple dessert that you can make look very elegant with chocolate curls on it as well. People are amazed when you tell them how simple it really is!

Equal parts flavored yogurt and cool whip mixed.
Chilled in a grahm cracker pie crust. It takes less then 5 minutes to whip up and is delicous.

This is mine :blush:

BBQ Ribs:

(I use country-style ribs with this recipe.)

1 cup of ketchup
1 cup of barbecue sauce
1 cup of chili sauce

(if you want to get fancy add oregano, worcestershire sauce and a dash of tabasco sauce).

I have both a slow cooker and an oven recipe for these ribs.

I was going to post the super easy cocktail meatballs!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

They're amazing and SOOOOOOOO easy!!!

Equal parts flavored yogurt and cool whip mixed.
Chilled in a grahm cracker pie crust. It takes less then 5 minutes to whip up and is delicous.

That is perhaps one of the easiest dessert recipes I have ever seen!

I am going to try this tomorrow, thanks. :thumbsup2

Great thread! I can't think of anything that hasn't already been posted but I'll think about it.

This is REALLY ridiculously easy, and it always gets wiped out in five minutes at every party.

1 can hot chili
1 block cream cheese

Stick the chili in a micro safe bowl, cut the cream cheese into it, microwave for a minute at a time, stirring between, until melted together and hot. Served with tortilla chips. :laughing:

Easy but not at ALL low-fat:

Fruit dip

1 family-size box instant vanilla pudding
1 can condensed milk
1 cup water

Mix and chill for five minutes while whipping
1/2 pt. whipping cream

Fold together and chill. Serve with fruit cut in bite-sized pieces for dipping (especially amazing on bananas and canteloupe).

The 2 ingredient dessert.....

1 box Nabisco Famous Chocolate wafer cookies
Whipped cream (best) or Cool Whip

Take a cookie, put a layer of wc or cw on it, stack another cookie on top, and keep layering like that until you have a large enough log for however many people you need to serve. Cover the entire log with wc or cw, and if you really want to go crazy, you can even shake some chocolate chips on top. Let sit overnight in refrigerator so the cookies soften, and slice it diagonally. It looks like a black and white striped cake and it is delicious.

A real simple dessert that you can make look very elegant with chocolate curls on it as well. People are amazed when you tell them how simple it really is!

I have had and made this. It really is a yummy (and easy) dessert :lovestruc

I agree that WC is the best (although CW will do in a pinch)

Easy but not at ALL low-fat:

Fruit dip

1 family-size box instant vanilla pudding
1 can condensed milk
1 cup water

Mix and chill for five minutes while whipping
1/2 pt. whipping cream

Fold together and chill. Serve with fruit cut in bite-sized pieces for dipping (especially amazing on bananas and canteloupe).

I am going to try this at my next treat day at work, thank you :thumbsup2

The cookie log reminded me of one I've had.

Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Milk
Cool Whip

Dip each cookie in milk then place in a bowl, top with cool whip, repeat with as many layers as you wish to have. Let it sit at least an hour in the fridge for the cookies to soften.

**Going to the kitchen now to break open the bag of cookies**

VIDALIA ONION SPREAD

2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 cups chopped Vidalia onion (or other sweet onion)
1 cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in a 9 or 10" pie plate. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve hot with crackers.

So easy and so good!

VIDALIA ONION SPREAD

2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 cups chopped Vidalia onion (or other sweet onion)
1 cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in a 9 or 10" pie plate. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve hot with crackers.

So easy and so good!

Have you ever tried this with any other cheese? I'm not a fan of Swiss cheese but would love to try this.

I don't like swiss cheese that much but for some reason I love this dip! I do have another recipe for Vidalia Dip without Swiss cheese, although I've never tried it....

2 medium Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
8 oz Jarlsberg cheese, grated
2 cups mayo
4 T butter

Sautee onions in butter until soft. Mix all ingredients and place in quiche dish.Sprinkle with paprika and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Ok here's mine...very easy and always is gone within minutes.

Hashbrown Casserole

One bag of frozen hashbrowns
1 Onion, chopped
1 Can cream of chicken (or mushroom or celery) soup
1 bag shredded cheese, your choice
Cornflakes
Butter

Thaw hashbrowns slightly in microwave

Mix hashbrowns, onion, soup and cheese. Put in 9x13 pan. I usually spray Pam on it.

Melt butter and toss cornflakes in butter. Enough to cover top.

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Whenever I take these beans to a BBQ, several people ask, "Who made the beans?" Then they want the recipe. Okay, here it is....

ready..........

3 or 4 very large cans of Campbell's Pork & Beans
1 large bottle of BBQ sauce (I love to use "Head Country" when I can find it. Otherwise I Cattleman's.

Cook over heat until bubbly. Dump in a crockpot and transport to party. Everyone thinks they are homemade BBQ baked beans and raves about them ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter