What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?

We try to book 7 but order our travel arrangements in a way we can extend the trip with minimal cost if we decide we're staying longer. Next trip we're doing 9 days.

We've stayed 6-7 nights and it has not been long enough. Next trip we are planning on 10 and have been talking about bumping it up to 12. I still think we will cry when we leave. :rotfl:

I think we've done 7 nights each of the 4 times we've been there. I would love to do 10 or 14 but it would difficult to get off of work for that amount time and the logistics of everyone else's schedules.

We've done 8 day/7 night and 7 day/6 night Disney trips which were both nice, but I think 9 days/8 nights would be *perfect* for us. I would love to have 3 Magic Kingdom days, 1 Epcot day, 1 Hollywood Studios day, 1 Animal Kingdom day, 1 day for another Orlando area theme park (we did a Legoland day on our last trip and want to try Sea World on our next trip), 1 resort & DTD or Boardwalk day, and 1 water park day. This type of itinerary is what we are hoping for with our next trip. I am keeping our fingers crossed that we can get the flight times we want on both ends so that we can maximize our time and have a true 9 day/8 night trip.

I have only been to Walt Disney World once in my life and we stayed 7 days. We really were Speedy Gonzales's during the trip since it was me and my parents first trip ever. It was a great trip, but an extra few days would have been nice.

We went for 10 days in 2012 @ Halloween and I found at the time that our group started putzing out around the 8 day mark. But in all fairness we had some pretty busy days planned. This time we are going for 8 days but left off the water parks as we found our home state water parks (Carowind's Boomerang Bay & Emerald Pointe) to be sufficient for our water park fix for the year. I would like to try 10 days again next time without a water park and instead use one of those days as an extra Epcot or MK day and 1 full day to just explore the resort. This time we have 1 AK day, 2 DHS days, 2 Epcot Days, 2 MK days and 1 whatever park everyone wants to go to again day.

For those who have stayed around 7 days, would you recommend doing a split stay between onsite Disney resorts, or just stay at one resort?

Last trip, 18 days. Previous trips two or three weeks. Three weeks was fabulous, but hoping to go in two years-coming from Scotland, flights can be expensive- and spending 4 weeks, 3 in Disney, 1 in a villa. Will be a blissful trip.✈

we manage to usually do 10 days, 9 nights (8 park days, 2 travel days) every other year. But our ideal time if money was no object- about 3 weeks, or for-ev-er.

We travel down from NJ, so would never go for less then 7 nights. We usually go yearly but last year did now go down. This Aug/Sept we are staying 11 nights at CBR, with free dining for 9 of those nights. Our last night we are staying in Tampa since we are flying out since we got a cheaper flight. We are also renting a mid-size car for a week for $97 while we are there to have a car for part of the time and for driving to Tampa.

For those who have stayed around 7 days, would you recommend doing a split stay between onsite Disney resorts, or just stay at one resort?
I would never consider a split stay. I don't like packing up and moving. We make our home base and stick to it, but it sounds like it works out great for a lot of families.

We've never resort hopped but for cost reasons, we've considered doing a higher priced resort and switching. Some holidays or special occasions for us we will do it in the future because it'll allow us to stay longer.

We bought annual passes this year and are doing 5 shorter trips this year. My ASD son can only handle about 4 days out of routine before he loses his ability to regulate, and we are just south of Atlanta, so it isn't a bad drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter