What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?

I'd love 12-14 but it would probably be that little bit too much. Ten is probably just about right, especially if we fly down instead of losing time to a drive.

Actually, I find 12 to be absolutely perfect. It allows you travel days on each side of a 10 day ticket without having to travel on a park day.

Most of our Disney vacations have been 9-10 nights, but the one we just returned from last week was only 7 nights because we have a newborn and weren't sure how he would travel - he did great!! After 7 nights, we were actually ready to come home. Usually on our 10 night trips, our girls are whining by day 9 and ready to come home so I am thinking that 8 nights might be our sweet spot....

Most of our Disney vacations have been 9-10 nights, but the one we just returned from last week was only 7 nights because we have a newborn and weren't sure how he would travel - he did great!! After 7 nights, we were actually ready to come home. Usually on our 10 night trips, our girls are whining by day 9 and ready to come home so I am thinking that 8 nights might be our sweet spot....

Uh oh- should I be ready for this out of my kids? They are 5 and 4 this summer. Will my day of sadness come soon when my kids are too telling me, "Enough Disney! Let's go home!"

Uh oh- should I be ready for this out of my kids? They are 5 and 4 this summer. Will my day of sadness come soon when my kids are too telling me, "Enough Disney! Let's go home!"
AWWW, lol. Our girls are 11 and 8 and they LOVE Disney....but I think because we go so frequently and stay for 11 days at a time, it's just too much. Next year, they just want to do a cruise. We are thinking of bookending resort only stays around a DCL cruise, no parks, and our girls are happy with that.
They want to go back to the parks in 2017. We will continue visiting the parks of course, we have a 4 month old as well!! :)

This year will be 19 days. My longest was 23 days but that's when I was staying at Howard johnsons for $30 a night. This year it's 4 nights at universal's Cabana Bay Resort, 7 nights at ASMU and the remaining nights at a vacation home. I'm never ready to come back home,LOL

Our ideal trip would consist of 12 days, but we have not ever been able to do it. Here is how I would do it:
Day 1-Arrive and relax at the resort
Day 2-Magic Kingdom
Day 3-Resort Hop
Day 4-Animal Kingdom
Day 5-Blizzard Beach
Day 6-Hollywod Studios
Day 7-Typhoon Lagoon
Day 8-Downtown Disney
Day 9-Resort Hop
Day 10-Magic Kingdom
Day 11-Magic Kingdom
Day 12-Relax at resort and Downtown Disney until its time to leave

We have always found its more fun to spend your last full day at the Magic Kingdom.

We all love WDW but 7 is my limit. Everyone is over it by the time we check out when we have stayed longer.

I agree 10 has always worked for us. My kids have never complained about being there to long if anything they want to stay longer. The magical express is the one ride that brings joy and sadness to our family.

Ideal would be 10-14 nights. Budget allows 6-8 nights every 16-24 months.

4 days is my average. I typically fly down on a Saturday and home on Tuesday. I know you all are staring at me like I'm nuts. :) I'd love to stay longer but DH isn't a big Disney person. This trip DD and I are flying down on a Tuesday evening. We will get Wednesday and Thursday in the parks by ourselves. He flies down on Thursday night. (Right now his work will not allow him to be away more than a long weekend... and he owns the company so there's no arguing with the boss!) Friday is a "day off" to recover from 95 degree heat. We will be hanging out at the pool, visiting downtown Disney and going to a water park for a while. Then Saturday (DD's 15th bday!!!) is being spent at the magic Kingdom. Sunday we are taking DD to Universal Studios. I have never been so I'm looking forward to seeing all of the H.P. stuff.

We usually do 7 nights, 8 days. I would stay much longer if I had the time, money, etc.

9-10 days

We live in NJ and do fly down for 4-5 day trips but everything feels rushed. We drive in the summer so stay longer, this summer staying on property for 16 days. But we normally go again in Nov and we are not doing our Nov trip this year.

Since I live only 3 hours south, 4 is usually our averge. If I wanna go during my semesters, then that's really all I can do. Just went last week, and did 5 days and 4 nights. And that was with missing a clinical day and 4 study days.

Dying to go for a week during spring break! Once I'm established, I'd love to spend a week in Disney, followed by a week long Disney cruise.

I thought of 3 more questions

1) Should we stay off property in a 1-2 bedroom will like the Sheridan upon our arrival 18 till departure 27th and use rental car or hotel shuttle the 18-21st? We plan to attend the Mickey Disney Party on the 18th)

2) Should we switch from the swan to PO and Riverside since we are paying almost the same amount 260 for PO / 190 plus 18 parking and 28 resort fee for Swan. We would have the magic wrist bands and options for the DDP. Plus we will still have to use the bus for both to get to Magic Kingdom.

3) How bad is the traffic I and around Disney during the week of Christmas? Is it better to stay on property due to traffic?

We go for 8 days and leave one day open for a beach day, rent a car and drive to cocoa beach.

I'm reading these replies and thinking I'm doing it all wrong! We've only ever gone for 4 nights/5 days even since I was a kid. Last year was the 1st time I'd been back in 13 years but 5 days was definitely way too short. Unfortunately, this time around it's another 5 day trip. We end up adding another 3 days at Universal since my wife is a big Harry Potter fan.

We go once a year and usually stayed for 8 days/7nights. But it is never enough, even though we get pretty tired of crowds and buses by the end. We are going for 91/2 days this time, half a day on arrival at noon. We always get park hoppers and go to another park, dtd, etc in the pm. Works for us. I think this time we will be able to see and do more on our "bucket" list because we are staying longer. We do have one day set for universal for the new HP side. We did the IOA 2 years ago and only want to see the new hp one! So, we are planning on checking out other resorts and taking it slower and easier this time:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter