What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?

We go for spring or fall break and get 4-5 days in the parks. It's rushed and we don't get to repeat anything outside of MK (2.5-3 days total with hopping). When my 3 & 4 year-olds can ride most things, I'd like to take a 7-10 day trip in early summer.

Right now ... with a toddler .. 4 nights .. 3 days .. and only 2 park days! Can't wait until he gets older and can plan a bigger/longer trip.

We typically stay between 12 and 14 nights, with 10 day tickets. That gives us a day or two off from the parks to do laundry, explore the resort, visit DTD, or just kick back for a while.

Seven days/six nights. Anything longer is just too long away from my dog and I would start worrying about things piling up at work.

With a toddler, 5-6 days is our max. I'm sure that will change as he gets older. In 2.5 years, he has been to WDW x2 and DLR x1 (and again in October), so he's still getting his Mickey time in!

We usually get a 5 day hopper but stay for six days so we can take a day off mid week. We still get to do disney stuff (board walk in the evening or chef mickeys) but it's not as crazy as park days and it means my boys will get at least 1 nap! Lol

We like 10 days. We never take a whole day off, just go at a more relaxed pace. One afternoon off for laundry & sometimes we' ll go back to hotel early in the evening to swim.

If a never ending trip would be possible that would be my choice lol. But on a reasonable note we have found that we like 10 day trips. We like that with that amount of time you can tour at a more relaxed pace and really take in all that WDW has to offer :)

An 8 day trip was a bit much for us once. Often 5-6 is perfect (with us as often yearly Disney people) but a factor is we are leaving pets at home that we are anxious to get back to...
We go 4 or 5 nights. We would stay longer but we have pets at home also. I hate to leave them any longer then that.

Usually 7 days with 5 of those park days; this year 13 days with 6-7 WDW days and 2-3 universal days. Want some more down time this trip, and likely be last WDW trip for a while. We want to get to DL in next year or 2.

We like a 10 day trip, it seems perfect! The longest we ever stayed was 21 days in FL but that felt too long even though we broke it up with Universal, off site and on site. We learned a lot on that trip though about what we like. We bought DVC and get an annual pass these days. We will use the AP for about 21 days over 3 trips during the 12 months and then take a couple years off. We haven't visited for 2 years and will start the new AP in June, our first trip with the FP+.

We travel often, but not always to WDW. When we make the trek to Florida, from NY, we like to stay in FL for 2 weeks. We rent a house in Kissimmee, and schedule 5-6 park days over that span of time. (The parks aren't always WDW, however.) We do rope drop through closing each day. We enjoy a lot of "down" days at the rental house, spicing them up with some DTD visits, etc.

We like staying a week. This will be our first time going 2 times in one year. In January we stayed 5 days. In September were going for 7. We don't expect to do EVERYTHING in the parks. Well probably book a BB in September if they're offered, even if we don't end up going next year, but hopefully were able to. We live in NJ not too far away from most people, so airfare or driving down isn't expensive at all.

I've done 6 nights, 7 nights and 8 nights. Next trip is 10 nights.

At 6 nights we had no rest day. 7 and 8 nights we did a rest day. By day 8 of the 8 night trip I needed an extra rest day so I was beat our last day.

Our next trip for 10 nights has two full rest days and no park on departure day. Hoping this is our sweet spot.

10-12 anymore and we get bored and homesick.

I would rather split up a 2 week trip into 3 trips in one year.

If I'm staying "in the bubble" (onsite), 5 or 6 nights is about enough. What I really like is renting a condo/townhouse offsite, rent a car and get two weeks out of it.

Five or six park days is our sweet spot, we've found. Anything less is too rushed and anything more gets boring. I can't imagine going on vacation for 2-3 weeks at a time.

We recently bumped our park days from 8 to 9, once we did 11 and the last 2 felt like a job, believe it or not.

Bill From PA

I know exactly what you mean! We went for 11 one year, and by the last day, we were more than ready to go home. We now go for 8 days, and that seems perfect for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter