• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?

11 Nights. We used to go about 6 days and it was not very relaxing at all. Now we go 11 nights in October/November and we are very happy with the number of days.

It is too expensive to go more than once with airfare and park tickets per year so 11 nights in one visit is very enjoyable and the most economic for us.

About 2 weeks. We are five and come from New England, so the travel costs are significant either in $ (airfare) or time (driving). Between the travel overhead and park ticket economies, we find it is significantly cheaper to go for two weeks every two years then once a year for a week. Plus the long stay allows us to take our leisure with plenty of downtime and still hit lots and lots of stuff.

Having said that, this year we will be there three times in one year, but that is an exceptional situation and the other two trips will be short. Not complaining though! :-)

9-10 years once every 18 months is our sweet spot

One time we we stayed 7 nights and felt like we needed another few days. Felt a bit rushed.

Living 20 hours away by car, or 2k for plane tickets, we go about every 3 to 5 years for a week. Next family trip in 2017 or 2018 will be 10 to 14 days with 2 or 3 at US, probably one at SW, and maybe 1 at the beach or cape Canaveral, all the rest at WDW.

We always stay 4-5 days in the parks. That seems like a real sweet spot for us. Maybe someday it will be nice to double that up though.

Can I vote "the rest of my life"? I think I'd live there if money were no object. :rotfl:

On a more serious note, we tend to do short trips, because we visit relatives in Florida most years. We typically spend a few days at Disney or Universal, and then the rest of the trip relaxing with family. It works out fine for us.

But, if I was doing just Disney, and school schedules (and leaving pets with sitters) weren't issues, I think I might favor longer trips. I would definitely build in days to relax, but I think I'd try staying a full two weeks.

I could handle 6.5 days. We could get into our resort a little after noon and get to DHS in time for an early dinner and use our FP+s for a few rides and settle in for Fantasmic. Then we would have two full days at MK and EPCOT and one full day at DHS and AK.

Last trip we used our half day at MK followed by two full days at EPCOT and single days at MK, AK and DHS. I enjoyed that rotation.

Our family trip is usually anywhere from 12 to 16 days. It's a very relaxing way to wrap up the summer. A short stay would be too hectic.
We do a girls only trip in the winter for just a week - that one is good just to get out of the frozen tundra for a bit, but I always come home exhausted!

12 days every 18 months or so is comfortable for us. Anything shorter and we feel too rushed. Anything more frequently and it cuts into our travel to other places.

3 weeks are our normal vacation periods. 1 week Universal and 2 weeks Disney.
Past trips have also included SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Centre.

We usually do 7-10 night trips. Whether at Disney or elsewhere this is usually our number. Our trip to Disney next week is 10 nights.

Just to get to the airport we have a two hour drive, then a two hour ferry ride, so anything less than 10 nights Is not worth it. Our stays have always been between 10 and 17 nights during school holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter