What is the Disney smell you love most?

My favorite smell use to be the orange smell in The Living with the Land Ride, but since that is gone, I'll go with the roasted pecans throughout the Disney parks.:lmao:

haha. You are so right! It does smell very horse-y on the monorail.

My favorite smells are the inside of Spaceship Earth, especially when you go through the dark ages and the book burning. I also love Philharmagic when you smell the apple pie. YUM! I also love the smell in Soarin'. From the moment you step in, it has a great smell! The musky, damp smell in Pirates is another favorite. Those all say Disney to me!

i love that as well

CinRell posted:
"Mine are: The smell of florida.. whenver I go to Florida I go to disney so that hot humid smell is disney...

second, the musty moldy smell of rides like spaceship earth and IASW are TOTALLY disney!"

I TOTALLY agree with you! It may sound strange, but for me, that FL musty-ness smell, the high-humidity smell, IS Disney World. The other ride where I remember it is Energy, in the dinosaur swamp. :)

Mall Fountains = water rides/Disney smell
Apple Spice Candle = PhilharMagic
Brown Sugar Body Scrub (Avon) = Sleepy Hollow Caramel Corn
Banana Boat Sunscreen = Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach

I smelled a shower gel that reminded me of the Swan once and I can't find it again, don't know what it was. I think it was Softsoap brand though.

I love how smells can bring back wonderful memories. I always go to Bath and Body Works and purchase a new scent before every trip for just this reason. Then anytime I use that scent after the trip my mom and sister always say "It smells like florida in here'" or wherever the trip was that I used that particulat scent for. They have not yet figured out my trick. :rotfl: For our Disney trip in May I have already purchased the coconut lime verbena....can't wait to make some new smell memories.

So funny me too....I always wear my Sweet Pea in disney because I don't want strong perfume smell. Whenever I do where it at home (rarely) my DD says mom you smell like Disney. So Sweet...I can't wait to go 7 more weeks:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Mine is the exit into the gift shop from the ride in Norway. There is a display for Laila perfume, at least it was still there in 12/06. I purchase a bottle whenever I am there. It's now my summer scent and I think of Disney every day!
:flower3:

I know this might sound wierd but my favorite smell is the Pirates of the Carribean ride. The water smell reminds me of the amazing times at WDW. As soon as we arrive we go there to ride it and that smell brings the whole trip together.

Maybe I'm an odd bunny, but one of the things I love about WDW are the numerous and wonderful fragrances! To me, the Magic Kingdom smells like spring flowers, Epcot has a more earthy smell (like huge forests of trees), and MGM has air heavy with all kinds of delicious foodstuffs!

So what is it that really strikes you as a 'Disney' smell? The one you find most memorable...Maybe just the smell of summer humidity? Or is it the mouth-watering bakeries and candy shops? They say smell is the strongest sense related to memory, and I'm just curious if anyone else has a favorite Disney scent? :)

This is such a cute question. Some of my favorite smells are kinda funny when I think about it. I love the way the inside of spaceship earth smells [& feels nice & cool & relaxing;] I also like the way the Carousel of Progress smells. I guess this is b/c the r older attractions & remind me of when we were young & went to Disney. I love the way the water fountains smell @ Epcot 2. & of course the bakery smells nice 2. = )

I know this might sound wierd but my favorite smell is the Pirates of the Carribean ride. The water smell reminds me of the amazing times at WDW. As soon as we arrive we go there to ride it and that smell brings the whole trip together.

haha. I was thinking the same thing! The smell of the water from Pirates of the Caribbean is the thing I remember most about going to Disneyland. pirate:

I like Main Street. Yummy sweet smellls from the bakery, fresh popcorn, and the smell of clean streets. I just love walking thru main street first thing in the morning and taking in all of the smells of the park.

queenie:]VMK;37391325 said:
haha. I was thinking the same thing! The smell of the water from Pirates of the Caribbean is the thing I remember most about going to Disneyland. pirate:

Too funny! Same here, and DBF thinks I'm crazy. Sometimes, if we're near one of those fountains at a mall, I'll stop and inhale and say it smells like Disney... :rotfl:

I dont think your weird lol I love the smell of the rockin roller coaster when you walk into the ally

I asked my husband what the water smell was because he is a pool operator and works with the chemicals. Chlorine has a very distinct smell, but what they are actually using is bromine. So when you get that "water" smell from a fountain of some of our favorite rides, it is actually bromine.

Just a little info... :thumbsup2

I would have to say the Turkey Legs, I've never had any quite the same as in Disney and the smell is the best!

I asked my husband what the water smell was because he is a pool operator and works with the chemicals. Chlorine has a very distinct smell, but what they are actually using is bromine. So when you get that "water" smell from a fountain of some of our favorite rides, it is actually bromine.

Just a little info... :thumbsup2

Maybe we can bottle bromine with little mickey ears in a bottle and make a few bucks on "Eau de Disney"!

Got to agree with a bunch of posters here: love that Disney "water" smell! Splash Mountain, PoC, Jungle Cruise, even BTMRR! Also love the Epcot "air conditioning" smell when contrasted with the humid Florida outside air. So missing the Mouse House right now!

My all time favorite smell is...the smell of a clean rental car:rotfl2: everytime i get into a car with the "new car smell" my mind goes straight to Disney!!!

My second favorite disney smell has to be from rome burning in Spaceship Earth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter