What is the Disney smell you love most?

Compared to all the other scents you all have talked about I'm going to sound really strange. My favorite smell of Disney is from when I was a little girl. I remember the smell of Main Street just being cleaned. Yes, I said cleaned. It was a smell of a cleaner I hadn't smelled before. When I started working at TDS I found out what the smell was. It was the glass cleaner. Needless to say cleaning the glass on a Saturday morning was my favorite job. Now when I walk into MK all I smell is popcorn and the bakery. They are great smells but nothing beats the smell of glass cleaner in the early morning :rotfl2:

Here's another oldie... Do you remember the ride in Epcot, where you went past an orange grove of the future? This was back in the 90's... but I remember distinctly that orange tic-tac smell... mmmmmm.....

mm, I don't know how they do it anymore, but back in my CM days they would artificially pump out the smell of cotton candy out of vents from the shops on Main Street! That is Disney!! And during Christmas it was peppermint!!!

I had heard about this being done some time back. The smell of cotton candy as you enter the Magic Kingdom on the first day of your trip is my favorite.
I also love the smell of the steam-engine train as you're riding around the park.

For me the smell I remember the most is the scent you get when you walk in the Land Pavalion. Also the smell of the Hot tar at Animal Kingdom...

There are so many to choose from but our favourite is the smell when you walk into the lobby at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We stayed there back in 2002 but always stop by on each visit. :)

Mine are: The smell of florida.. whenver I go to Florida I go to disney so that hot humid smell is disney...

second, the musty moldy smell of rides like spaceship earth and IASW are TOTALLY disney!

Third, there is a kind of gross smell that I always noticed even as a young kid... it's some type of cleaner they use combined with certain sweets they sell... it's a sickly sour sweet smell. I love it though because it IS disney:)

Finally, it's a feeling as well as a smell.. the hot humidity and then you walk by a gift shop and the ICEY COLD ac hits you and draws you in (great marketing!) and you smell the florida AC.... it doesn't smell like that in Ohio!

For me it's the smell of piers at FW Campground. Brings back memories of my childhood of standing there waiting to get onto the boats to go to MK. The smell of the lobby at the Poly, walking down Main Street and the smell of popcorn, the smell of Pirates of the Caribbean, different whiffs of food around World Showcase, smell of AKL. Even the bags after purchasing souvenirs have a wonderful smell. Oh man I want to be at Disney right now! Even our tent has the smell of the campground that I love so much.

I hope this doesn't seem gross, but the smell that I smell out and about that reminds me of Disney is body odor. Anytime I smell that, I think of WDW. :laughing: I wouldn't call it my favorite.

I love the smell of popcorn and the smell of Main Street Bakery most. :love:

Splash Mountain! Ahh...

And the smell when you walk into the POR lobby.

Here's another oldie... Do you remember the ride in Epcot, where you went past an orange grove of the future? This was back in the 90's... but I remember distinctly that orange tic-tac smell... mmmmmm.....

Yes I agree 100%! My husband and I both miss that smell so much. The ride just isnt the same without it. I also love the smell of the cookies and hot chocolate during MVMCP. :lovestruc Yum

The burning rubber at Lights Motors Action (MGM) the GRYO I had at Downtown Disney. and the electromechanical smell inside of Walt Disneys Carousel of progress.:)

I hope this doesn't seem gross, but the smell that I smell out and about that reminds me of Disney is body odor. Anytime I smell that, I think of WDW. :laughing: I wouldn't call it my favorite.

I love the smell of popcorn and the smell of Main Street Bakery most. :love:

:lmao: That's funny! I don't find it too odd, as when I was little I had a strangely fruity smelling suncreen which I used in WDW. Well, from then on, whenever I wanted to 'smell' Disney again, I'd just slather on some sunscreen!
Unfortunately I can't find that brand anymore...but there are so many other smells that make me feel like I'm back there!

Everyone has such good and amusing scents that they love! I can't stop smiling when I read them! :cloud9:

For me it's the smell of chilly dog burbs on Stitch :scared1: There is nothing like it :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: and I hope thats the only place I will every smell that again.

Like others, for me it's the smell of the dark rides. There's the smell of the water rides, and the smell of the non-water rides. I'm sure the smell is mostly previous guest's B.O. plus the smell of the machinery, the plastics used, and other gross or even mundane stuff, but mixed together it smells like Disney to me! It's the same in Disneyland and WDW, both.

For me it's the smell of chilly dog burbs on Stitch :scared1: There is nothing like it :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: and I hope thats the only place I will every smell that again.

:rotfl: :lmao: :laughing: :rotfl2:

That is the one smell I've always dreaded from WDW! I grabbed a huge stack of advertisement papers that had the 'scratch n sniff' Stitch chili slobber all over them when I first saw them for scrapbooking...so gross!!!

Needless to say I decided against putting those things in my scrapbook, and instead use them to terrorize my boyfriend if he puts me in a foul mood...:laughing:

I love how smells can bring back wonderful memories. I always go to Bath and Body Works and purchase a new scent before every trip for just this reason. Then anytime I use that scent after the trip my mom and sister always say "It smells like florida in here'" or wherever the trip was that I used that particulat scent for. They have not yet figured out my trick. :rotfl: For our Disney trip in May I have already purchased the coconut lime verbena....can't wait to make some new smell memories.

For me, it's at Disneyland when you first walk into Pirates of the Caribbean. It's that musty, chlorine smell. Nothing else in the world I know of has that smell. :love:

I have to second this one! We rode Pirates at DL about 10 times this past week and I loved getting to smell that water smell every time! I just love it! :teeth:

I love how smells can bring back wonderful memories. I always go to Bath and Body Works and purchase a new scent before every trip for just this reason. Then anytime I use that scent after the trip my mom and sister always say "It smells like florida in here'" or wherever the trip was that I used that particulat scent for. They have not yet figured out my trick. :rotfl: For our Disney trip in May I have already purchased the coconut lime verbena....can't wait to make some new smell memories.

Yes! I used this one body spray when I went to Paris, and now whenever I use I always say, "ah, it smells like Paris in here!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter