• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the Disney smell you love most?

I love this thread !! There is something special about a smell that brings you back to a happy place. I have several. I take the train from CT. to WDW. Everytime I smell the hand soap Amtrak uses It makes me smile. I love the smell of the flowers at Old Kew West. And odly enough the machinery and electrical smell inside the Carousel of Progress. :confused3

My mother and I are taking a trip with YS4 in May and the one thing I keep thinking about is the second I step outside the airport while waiting for The Magical Express...THAT is the smell, it's all I have been able to think about for 2 weeks!!!! That smell that you know your home. My favorite thing to do at Disney is to wake up early before anyone in my family and take a walk just at dawn...that smell of warmth if that makes sense, it's a comfort and it's the thought of all the fun that is about to be had that day. Pirates definately brings back all the memories of my childhood waiting in line for what seemed like hours...now my children get to have those memories.

This is an old thread that was bumped up but still a fun topic! I am going to move it to the Theme Parks Community Board to continue.

The Peanut Brittle! I also love the smell during the Be Our Guest scene of Philharmagic :)

love this thread!

my favorite disney smell... hard to narrow it down! 2 that i really love because they are such awesome, well-thought-out details are the burning in spaceship earth and the orange blossoms in soarin. but my FAVORITE disney smell is the marshmallowy-ness of those mickey rice krispies and all the places that sell them! mmmmmmmmm delish :lovestruc

The Main Street Bakery, for sure! That smell whafts down mainstreet and no matter which park we are visiting, we always make it back to the MK for a yummy Apple Charlotte. It is huge and would last me several days if it were anything else! I always indulge at the end of the night so I can head back to the room for some stretchy pajama bottoms :)

We always get a room at Boardwalk with Boardwalk view....so when you sit out on the patio you can smell Big River Grille --- yum. And in the morning when we go out for a run, the Boardwalk bakery smells heavenly.

This one will seem strange, but there is something about the smell of the Classic Hall at the POP. After getting into the Everything POP section, I headed to get our mugs, and was hit by the smell, which I cannot at this time describe, but all I could think at the time was "this smells right". I am trying to remember the "disney water" smell, but can't picture it for the life of me right now...

Oh my goodness-AWESOME thread!!!! There are so many smells I LOVE at WDW :) The Main Street Bakery, Churros or Turkey Legs in Frontierland... Disney Popcorn..The smells from all the water rides, POTC,Splash, IASW,Kali River...Oh and the smell from Spaceship Earth when Rome is burning...LOL!!! I know weird huh? I saw Dinosaur also mentioned and funny but I LOVE that smell too :) There is just something about the air around WDW-Sometimes when you are out and about a smell will hit you and it brings you back to WDW...... I love it when that happens :)

Oh my goodness-AWESOME thread!!!! There are so many smells I LOVE at WDW :) The Main Street Bakery, Churros or Turkey Legs in Frontierland... Disney Popcorn..The smells from all the water rides, POTC,Splash, IASW,Kali River...Oh and the smell from Spaceship Earth when Rome is burning...LOL!!! I know weird huh? I saw Dinosaur also mentioned and funny but I LOVE that smell too :) There is just something about the air around WDW-Sometimes when you are out and about a smell will hit you and it brings you back to WDW...... I love it when that happens :)

:thumbsup2 Glad to see others share my affinity for Mouse Culture....

This one will seem strange, but there is something about the smell of the Classic Hall at the POP. After getting into the Everything POP section, I headed to get our mugs, and was hit by the smell, which I cannot at this time describe, but all I could think at the time was "this smells right". I am trying to remember the "disney water" smell, but can't picture it for the life of me right now...

I agree about POP! I wouldn't have thought of it, but yeah, you're right. It's the first "Disney smell" in the morning and usually the last one at night. We ordered a pizza, got a bottle of wine & my DH and 2 friends hung out there for an entire night. It was so much fun! I wish they had an indoor bar - the petals bar is a joke.

My fav smell at WDW is any of the water rides. Don't know what it is about the smell of Disney water but I love it. Lets me know that I am at WDW!!!

Oh and the Mickey Soap in your room!!! Love the smell of that. I take plenty home w/ me so I can shower w/ it when I'm missing WDW. Lol, I'm Disney crazy...

MSB and the candy place next door

GF lord that lobby smells great, I asked a CM and they claim it Basin upstairs but I dont think so, DTD doesnt smell like that around Basin..

Anyone ever notice that the monorail smells like a bandaid? LOL I love the monorail but every time I step on it, I think about that..

. . .Anyone ever notice that the monorail smells like a bandaid? LOL I love the monorail but every time I step on it, I think about that..

Completely agree! :goodvibes

I also admit to getting excited when the liquid soap in a public restroom smells like the one they use at WDW . . . glad to see I'm not alone! :scared1:

We always bring home some of the hotel soaps & shampoos . . . whenever I need a Disney pick-me-up, I break one of those out and get my "fix"!

Wish I knew what they used to clean the GF hotel rooms with - if I could make my house smell like that, I'd want to clean a lot more often! ;)

Love the smell at the old Horizons in the Orange Grove!
Love the smell in SE Rome burning
I even Love to smell the Sulphur in the sprinklers...Lets me know I am at Disney!

Oh this thread is really making me think of WDW- Not that I don't do that enough!!! LOL!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter