What foods have you never tried and will never try?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by IheartMickey, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Domo

Domo Wotcha

Sheep's eyes
    Still-warm monkey brains
    Donkey testicles
    Live crickets
    Spider larvae

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dadddio

dadddio DIS Veteran

Cuttlefish.

4. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

5. arminnie

arminnie <font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br

6. denisenh

denisenh <font color=deeppink>All I can do is lie down<br><

hate to tell you but if you have ever eaten a fast food burger, you have eaten horse.
    lol, just kidding (i think?), i couldn't resist.

:eek: :scared: :scared1:

Food has to be accepted by my mind before my brain lets me pick it up and place it in my mouth and my mind will never, ever accept organ meat, protruding parts of animals, most of anything that was once breathing and/ or thinking, insects and whatever comes off or out of them and is visible to the naked eye, and probably a whole lot more, but thats all for now.

7. Jeafl

Jeafl <font color=red>Has an emergency auto hammer & kno

I tried cuttlefish in Venice a few weeks ago. It was stewed in it's own ink which I thought would make me vomit since the whole dish was black, but it was actually good! Never say never I guess...

The one thing I couldn't get past my lips was Octopus. Just seeing all those little suction cups on the tentacles did me in.

8. denisenh

denisenh <font color=deeppink>All I can do is lie down<br><

http://www.kayem.com/products/deli/old-world-specialties?p=macaroni-cheese-loaf

i try not to look at that stuff when i am at the grocery deli counter, the sight of it makes me woozy but i always lock right in on it...like a sick twisted individual who feels the need to torture themself.

i want to ask the folks behind the counter if anyone ever requests that because i can't imagine a single soul would. i can't even imagine why anyone would have invented it. it honestly looks like a solid block of vomit...and i don't mean watery spit up. i mean a full meal and seconds of partially digested food followed by a full glass of fruit punch vomit. :faint:

9. mfd25wife

mfd25wife DIS Veteran

blood pudding :crazy2:

raw oysters-I've eaten them fried and broiled. If I didn't like them that way, I'm pretty sure raw is not my thing.

chitterlings-the smell :scared:

I do like some of the other things mentioned.

10. carrie1626

carrie1626 DIS Veteran

Lutefisk

Sushi

11. bcla

bcla DIS Veteran

Wow - I've tried nearly everything mentioned here. I remember some Chinese restaurant where I had something called "assorted insides noodle soup". I didn't have a problem in that it was chitterlings, but I'd only wished they had been cleaned. The menudo I had at a Hometown Buffet once was cleaned.

I thought maybe I'd be the first to mention durian, but it was mentioned. I don't know how to describe the smell. Depending on the ripeness and how close you are to it, it smells variously like fetid urine, human farts, or rotting meat. And having left rotting meat in my car once, that is not a good smell. And they're some of the scariest looking fruit I've ever seen. There are rumors of people dying from injuries when one fell off a tree.

I refuse to eat the stuff.

[​IMG]

They're often sold in plastic mesh bags to make it practical to carry.

And as far as exotic Asian food goes, anyone tried jellyfish or sea cucumber?

12. Jeafl

Jeafl <font color=red>Has an emergency auto hammer & kno

For me, the damage has already been done. When I was little I opened my grandparents' refrigerator and saw a giant tongue just sitting on a plate. :crazy2: Now I cannot make myself try it because the image is still in my head.

13. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

No way in heck I'd touch frog legs, chicken feet, escargot, mussels, raw fish/meat, tongue. GROSS! No thanks.

Ive tried shrimp and its absolutely repulsive and disgusting to me. Ditto for calamari and squid.

14. bcla

bcla DIS Veteran

I remember once ordering a lengua burrito at a taqueria near work during lunch. The guy preparing it pulled it out of a stock pot to cut off a piece - maybe 4 oz. As he pulled it out, I noticed one woman behind me waiting to order noticeably repulsed by the sight of a cow tongue.

It was great though.

15. LuvsDragonflies

LuvsDragonflies DIS Veteran

16. bcla

bcla DIS Veteran

Had it. Both big pieces served as sushi (tako) and little ones where the entire octopus is bite sized. Kind of like squid only a little chewier and with more flavor. Good stuff.

17. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

What has you digging up old threads today?

18. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

I think that may just vary by region. Living in Texas, I have never heard it called anything except poke salad. When you search for poke salad, squillions of hits show up. I also see poke salet, poke salat, poke sallit. Those three remind me of the German word for "salad." So it seems some used the German word for salad and some used the English word for salad. Six of one, half dozen of the other if that is the case. I didn't notice any other explanation.

19. Domo

Domo Wotcha

Eyeballs. I don't like it when food looks back at me.

20. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

I am cleaning out old subs for lack if better word should I just delete them.

21. MissHippy

MissHippy Mouseketeer

Mussells, clams and oysters:scared::sad2::eek: