What foods have you never tried and will never try?

Sheep's eyes
Still-warm monkey brains
Donkey testicles
Live crickets
Spider larvae

Horse.....:)

hate to tell you but if you have ever eaten a fast food burger, you have eaten horse.
lol, just kidding (i think?), i couldn't resist.

I'm the poster who posted about the maggot cheese, and yeah, it's the aliveness, along with the wormyness. I have eaten food that was still moving--in Japan they cut the head of shrimp and serve it on sushi. It's dead but still has reflexes.

I love cow tongue--grew up eating it and never even knew it was "weird" till now. I am surprised at how many people have posted that it's icky. It's really, really good, and once it's all sliced up, it doesn't even look like a tongue anymore.
:eek: :scared: :scared1:

Food has to be accepted by my mind before my brain lets me pick it up and place it in my mouth and my mind will never, ever accept organ meat, protruding parts of animals, most of anything that was once breathing and/ or thinking, insects and whatever comes off or out of them and is visible to the naked eye, and probably a whole lot more, but thats all for now.

Cuttlefish.

I tried cuttlefish in Venice a few weeks ago. It was stewed in it's own ink which I thought would make me vomit since the whole dish was black, but it was actually good! Never say never I guess...

The one thing I couldn't get past my lips was Octopus. Just seeing all those little suction cups on the tentacles did me in.

http://www.kayem.com/products/deli/old-world-specialties?p=macaroni-cheese-loaf

i try not to look at that stuff when i am at the grocery deli counter, the sight of it makes me woozy but i always lock right in on it...like a sick twisted individual who feels the need to torture themself.

i want to ask the folks behind the counter if anyone ever requests that because i can't imagine a single soul would. i can't even imagine why anyone would have invented it. it honestly looks like a solid block of vomit...and i don't mean watery spit up. i mean a full meal and seconds of partially digested food followed by a full glass of fruit punch vomit. :faint:

blood pudding :crazy2:

raw oysters-I've eaten them fried and broiled. If I didn't like them that way, I'm pretty sure raw is not my thing.

chitterlings-the smell :scared:

I do like some of the other things mentioned.

Wow - I've tried nearly everything mentioned here. I remember some Chinese restaurant where I had something called "assorted insides noodle soup". I didn't have a problem in that it was chitterlings, but I'd only wished they had been cleaned. The menudo I had at a Hometown Buffet once was cleaned.

I thought maybe I'd be the first to mention durian, but it was mentioned. I don't know how to describe the smell. Depending on the ripeness and how close you are to it, it smells variously like fetid urine, human farts, or rotting meat. And having left rotting meat in my car once, that is not a good smell. And they're some of the scariest looking fruit I've ever seen. There are rumors of people dying from injuries when one fell off a tree.

I refuse to eat the stuff.

Durio_kutej_F_070203_ime.jpg

They're often sold in plastic mesh bags to make it practical to carry.

And as far as exotic Asian food goes, anyone tried jellyfish or sea cucumber?

I love cow tongue--grew up eating it and never even knew it was "weird" till now. I am surprised at how many people have posted that it's icky. It's really, really good, and once it's all sliced up, it doesn't even look like a tongue anymore.

For me, the damage has already been done. When I was little I opened my grandparents' refrigerator and saw a giant tongue just sitting on a plate. :crazy2: Now I cannot make myself try it because the image is still in my head.

No way in heck I'd touch frog legs, chicken feet, escargot, mussels, raw fish/meat, tongue. GROSS! No thanks.

Ive tried shrimp and its absolutely repulsive and disgusting to me. Ditto for calamari and squid.

For me, the damage has already been done. When I was little I opened my grandparents' refrigerator and saw a giant tongue just sitting on a plate. :crazy2: Now I cannot make myself try it because the image is still in my head.

I remember once ordering a lengua burrito at a taqueria near work during lunch. The guy preparing it pulled it out of a stock pot to cut off a piece - maybe 4 oz. As he pulled it out, I noticed one woman behind me waiting to order noticeably repulsed by the sight of a cow tongue.

It was great though.

fyi - The correct name really is "poke salet" not "poke salad".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_salet

I think that may just vary by region. Living in Texas, I have never heard it called anything except poke salad. When you search for poke salad, squillions of hits show up. I also see poke salet, poke salat, poke sallit. Those three remind me of the German word for "salad." So it seems some used the German word for salad and some used the English word for salad. Six of one, half dozen of the other if that is the case. I didn't notice any other explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter