What else to say to the characters???

We had great interaction on our trip. Here is one: We were at MGM and during the disney animation tour, there is a class where you can learn to draw Mickey. Later that night we were at the Garden Grill in EPCOT for dinner and decided to show Mickey our drawings. He LOVED this. He sat down and made a fuss over my 5 year old's. Then he saw my drawing and my wife's drawing which I must say came out pretty good especially my wife's. He was very impressed at first but then in a fun way, started pointing out everything that was wrong with the drawings. Like in mine, I made his nose a little too long and in my wife's drawing she gave him a little bit of a receding hair line. Anyway, we had him sign the drawings. It was alot of fun!!

I am bookmarking this thread! I have never interacted with or had pictures taken with any Walt Disney World characters when I've vacationed there, but have been thinking about taking more notice of the characters in future visits. Lots of good ideas on this thread! Thank you!

Whenever we see Captain Hook, My DD always asks "Where's Mr. Smee?" Captain Hook then makes a motion with his hands as if he's mopping/swabbing the deck. Makes us laugh every time.

We asked Chip and Dale how to tell them apart. We got a very lively discussion about how each is more handsome then the other. My DS3 has small action fiqures from the disney movies. when we went to the princess breakfast we brought the figures. We could not remember Mulans boyfriends name. But she spent a long time playing with the figures and telling us stories about him.

Last visit, my DS (was 2, 3 for this trip) started signing the Yo Ho Yo Ho A pirates life for me - Captain Hook took him out of my arms and did a bit of a jig with him - great video and DS really seems to remember it, he was a pirate for Halloween this past October and wants to pack his hat to wear to MK so he can show Hook.

LOL.

Another good one is to confuse Chip & Dale - my MIL did this at LTT and they sat down with us for about 30 minutes and then took my sister and tried to get her to surf on a chair in the lobby. Not really sure how one thing led to another, but the also picked though all of our bags of purchases. I think my DH told Chip we had just got a pin with his picture on it and he wanted to see it so he dumped all our stuff out on the table and picked through it. It was very funny.

and with Minnie, DS told her he thought she was pretty, so she picked him up and carried him around the lobby at BC and made him tell a bunch of people waiting to check in that she was pretty.

The characters always do such a wonderful job!

Cant wait to get there again!
Paula in CT

pirate:

When I was on the college program I was working in the Indiana Jones Outpost and Aladdin, Shang, and the jester (forget his name) from Hunchback came into the store to kill time apparently. In one corner we had a basket with rolled up carpets. The store was quiet, no guests, so it was just the couple of us working and the characters standing around talking and out of nowhere we hear the jester yell, "Hey Aladdin! I think I found Carpet!"

And this qualifies as something you'll only hear backstage at Disney. I was leaving work in the afternoon and the Mulan parade had started. The final float with Mulan and Shang was sitting backstage waiting for their turn. There were a few handlers at the bottom with the horses. Just as I walk past I hear Mulan yell down, pounding on the float, "I demand a straight Shang! It's in my contract!" I about tripped I laughed so hard.

Last summer, a friend and I decided to relive our childhood so we stopped for every character. Goofy has always been my favorite (if my name didn't give it away) and Pluto hers. As luck would have it, Goofy and Pluto were standing together in Camp Minnie Mickey. We both went running, haha. They ended up playing around, dancing with us (I'm talking ballroom dancing with dips and everything, haha) Even people in line snapped a couple pics. It was so funny - and so much fun.

Then last December we were back and in Camp Minnie Mickey again waiting for my cousin, her husband, and kids came out of the Lion King. There were only a couple other people milling around when all the characters came out. Mickey insisted on getting kisses, pointing to each of his cheeks so we each kissed a cheek at the same time. The CM with him was yelling over, "you better watch out! Minnie's watching you!" and Minnie was just tapping her feet.

Then I went for a pic with Santa Goofy - he was just walking around when I walked up to him but he grabbed my hand and walked me all across the area til we got up to his chair. Once he sat down he started flipping out, slapping his hands to his chest. It took me a minute but I realized that I was wearing a Goofy sweatshirt. I was like, "ohh! Yeah! What can I say? You're my favorite!" He pulled me onto his lap and just sort of cuddled for the picture. It was too cute.

Oh and one I forgot!! My cousin's little girl LOVED Chip and Dale. We all got into town late at night, so the first morning we ate at Chef Mickeys (they gaev us one of the tables in the back - the kids abotu flipped out of their chairs trying to look when I showed them that you could see the castle from the window I was sitting next to, haha) Chip was the first character to visit and that was all it took.

A couple days later we were at MGM and got to all the characters hanging out in front of the Chinese theater. Chip and Dale were there playing with the penguins. The three ganged up on Dale and took his scarf and tied him to the tree. My cousin's little girl took off running as soon as she saw them and they all started playing with her. They had this HUGE game of tag going on. She'd run around the trees and they'd chase her. Eventually the penguins and Dale stopped to sign stuff for other kids but Chip kept playing. I have the cutest pic of her peeking around the tree with Chip running at her.

When getting my photo taken with Donald Duck I started talking like him (not quack quack but like he really talks). That really got him and he bent over laughing.

I had made photo cards for each of the characters, or so I thought. But when we found Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, I couldn't locate Mr. Smee's card. When I told him I had lost it, and asked if he would sign Capt. Hook's card, he got very upset and walked off (and then came back for a picture.)

DD had the Pluto Autograph Hound and when Cruella got him, she looked him over and ave my DD a knowing look, saying, "good choice!"

Rafiki held up the Pluto like Simba before signing him.

The photo cards are usually a hit, and the characters always make a big deal about seeing their picture. But the less popular characters and the rarely seen ones are much more enthusiastic.

I had made a photo card of Bullseye in 2000 only to find out that he couldn't sign it. He tried putting his hoof in some mud for me to wipe on the card, though!

We've brought chestnuts for Chip and Dale, dog biscuits for Pluto, a little honey pot for Pooh. Once we gave little mini Donald Duck doll to Chip and Dale and they kept chasing each other around with it.

DH and I went on our honeymoon so many characters noticed our bride and groom hats. When we went to Crystal Palace, DH asked Eeyore how he was doing and Eeyore made a crying motion with his hands. DH felt so "bad" for Eeyore.

Mickey and Minnie were happy that we were wearing Mickey hats and were happy when they saw newleyweds. Minnie checked my ring and thought it was "nice." Genie acted like I should lose DH and date him instead. I interacted and told Genie I would "call him later for a date." Some of the characters would come up to me during the parade by kissing my hand.

when we were there this feb. we ran into rafiki ---my kids all love the lion king--my daughter had been carrying around a little simba stuffed cub--rafiki took it off of her and proceeded to do the whole "baptism" ceremony where he held up the doll, marked his head etc. the kids were screaming in laughter---and my husband caught the whole thing on video!! it was really great-----they really like it if you have dolls,props etc. with you. My other daughter brought one of her storybooks for the characters to sign and we happened to see Gideon on main street---he was soooooo excited to see the book and his story in the book that he took the book to show to everyone in the near area his picture----my daughter will never forget that or him!!!! It is really wonderful how they all love to "live" their stories!!!!! princess:

I walked up to Eyeore a few years back and tapped him on the shoulder and just said, "thanks for noticing me" in my best eyeore voice.......

I found the best way to interact with the characters was to be "natural". Last trip, we had lunch at the Crystal Palace, and not known to me, my favorite hundred acre wood character was standing behind my chair as i was eating. My daughter, sitting across from me, kept pointing behind me. FINALLY, I caught on, and there was PIGLET! I jumped up, told Piglet how happy i was to see him and got such big hugs! I introduced Piglet to the other people at our table and it was just so much fun. Piglet came by our table one more time and gave me such a big hug, remembering me from earlier.

One other time at the Garden Grill, Chip sat down to "eat" with us and I told him how Dale had already come by and stole our french fries. Chip went nuts!

Another time at LTT, we told Minnie how we were from Massachusetts and she acted like we were royalty! She bowed down to all of us and was just so funny.

Last April, we were with friends at Cape May for breakfast. Unbeknownst to Goofy, we had a teenager who hates to have her hair touched. Well, Goofy came by, patted her on the head, she turned and said "Goofy, please don't touch my hair." He stood back, put his hands on his hips, and proceeded to mess up one of the other teeenager's hair. then he gave hi'5's to everyone at the table and then just stared at the first girl. She finally said, "ok, just touch my hair but please dont' mess it up". Goofy was so funny; he kept looking at her head, finally picked out ONE hair and quickly touched it, and walked away.

A few years agoo my DW and I had breakfast at the castle. My DW and every princess was talking about thier princes would not pick up thier clothes and such. Talk about male bashing and staying in caracter. There were adults at other tables with little ones who were burning out already. They were laughing so hard the kids had no idea why. :earseek:

Make comments about thier clothes, like when they are in holiday clothes like you would with friends. It gets really neat. Things like I just love your outfit kind of thing. pirate:

For the person who didn't know: The jester from Hunchback is Clopin.

My grandson snuck up behind and pulled Dale's tail once. That was hysterical.

Ask Mary Poppins to say "the word" with your child. Or ask her to say it backwards. She spent a lot of time with my granddaughter doing that one.

Tell the Mad Hatter it's your Unbirthday.

Meeko signed an autograph book over Chip's name at the LTT, so when Chip came around again, we showed him. He went over and got Meeko. He also wrote him a note in the book. "Meeko, don't write over this!!!!!"

Scratch Pluto behind the ear.

Ask Minnie how many dresses she has. Try to ask her in front of Mickey, or when a CM is around to talk about it.

Tell Chip and Dale you have nuts in your backpack.

Offer Stitch a cookie. Or wear something with Stitch on it that he can take, like a backpack.

Call Hook an old codfish.

Wear a costume during one of the parades. Especially effective if you are an adult. I was wearing my Fairy Godmother costume twice during the snow globe parade. The first time the characters - especially around the princess float - came over to see me. The Prince was waving, saw me, turned and tapped Cinderella on the shoulder, nodded towards me and then she saw me and waved. Suzy and Perla ran over and hugged me. Many characters bowed. The second time, Brer Bear came over to get me and took me out to dance in front of the float. And the villains just stared me down. I told Cruella that I know she's good inside, and told Jafar if he wasn't nicer I would turn him into a horse for Cinderella's coach. Got a lot of reaction.

Bumping this up. Looking for other things that you can say to interact more with the characters!!!

Paula

one of the stitch's had a field day with my back pack.....he opened it up and toook everything out.....tried to put on everything in it, hat,coat,etc
tried to drink my water....and as the picture was being taken of me and him and lilo he proceeded to pick my nose for me and my ears too.,he was the best ever stitch.I was dying as i had the biggest laughing fit especially when he was picking my ears.....this is when he was 1st in the parks in like 2002

another time was last year when we were at the garden grill and my significant other had her hidden mickey book out.....Dale came over pointed at the book as if "what are you reading" and took it from her all excitedly....proceeded to run around the room with it in his hands holding it open to his eyes pointing here and there at walls as the crowd is going "what the heck is he doing" ....he keeps pointing some more and finally finds the 2 hidden mickeys for us.....one of em he made us get up with him cause it was on the other side of the room ...but he had a blast with us and that moment...
he was all proud of himself holding his hands up as if he had just won a race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter