What else to say to the characters???

I was impressed with Buzz Lightyear at MGM. We were getting his "autograph" but he and Buzz stamped on the wrong side of the book - we were trying to put the pictures on the left and the autographs on the right. Anyway, we didn't want to hold up the line so we asked the CM if she would just stamp on the other side while Buzz and Woody were with other children. She stamped Woody's name but Buzz came over and stopped her and insisted on stamping his own. I thought that was really nice. Doesn't really answer your question but I just thought of it.

My son got some great interaction from Buzz quoting stuff from the Toy Story movies. He said "hey Buzz, you are a T-O-Y toy!" and "when Rex met you on Andy's bed he said 'I'm so glad you're not a dinosaur!'" We asked him if he'd had any run ins with Zurg lately etc.

Originally posted by vicb
a lion with a crown). When he said to our kids "who are those bad guys?" Gov.

Hey that lion with a crown is Prince John from Robin Hood... the phony king of England!
:teeth:

Love this thread - thanks for starting it!

Here's what we've done...DD is shy, used to be very very shy and identified with Piglet because she stands the same way he does when she's feeling shy (arms crossed at the wrists and clasping hands with her chin down...she noticed it one time and that was all it took, she decided they were just alike!)...when we FINALLY met him (of course it took us a long time to find him since we were looking :) ) I told Piglet that DD had been looking for him and loves him because she's shy just like him and even stands the same way she's feeling shy - he was sooooooo sweet to her! He hugged her and spent some extra time with her.

Also, a year or so ago she got that Disney Princess set that has the Kelly dolls dressed up like Princesses. She took them all (!) to our princess breakfast and every princess commented on them and how DD had gotten the dolls of them when they "were her age." One princess even said, "Oh, I forgot that I had that dress!" Very sweet.

One last thing, not talking, but DD made a picture for Minnie and I told the CM while we were in line - I thought for sure DD would be disappointed and not able to give it to her, but the CM told DD to show it to Minnie and then she would take it to her house for Minnie, because it would be hard for to hold with her gloves on. DD was thrilled - she's sure it's up somewhere in Minnie's house, she even looked for it last trip! (We decided she had a special place where she keeps her pictures)

Hopefully this helped with some ideas!

For Buzz, maybe tell him Zurg is behind him, or that Woody is the boy's (forgot his name!) favorite, or ask him if he hangs out with Tour Guide Barbie?

jennz

I have it on very good authority, that many of the pictures the Princesses receive are posted on bulletin boards in their 'break room." They really enjoy them. Sometimes the Princesses take them home and put them on their refrigerators. I've even seen some with my own eyes. :-)

Call Chip and Dale squirrels, or gophers or rats - they'll get humorously indignant!

Ask Donald Duck where Mickey Mouse is... talk about indignant!!!

My DS (4) asked him this last year and Donald stomped his foot, turned on his heel and stormed off! The look on DS's face was PRICELESS!!

Then, Donald came back and gave him a very loud raspberry and DS still talks about the day he made Donald Duck mad...almost a year later! :cloud9:

At a character meal, I always ask them if they cooked the dinner. If Chip tells me he did, I'll say that Dale is taking the credit for it. Once I told Aladdin that Jafar was being mean to the little kids and he went over and they had a whole scene.

The funniest thing I've ever seen is when Chip stole DH's hat and then Chip and Dale played keep away with it for 2 or 3 minutes. Everyone was laughing at that. DH still talks about stealing one of their hats some day to get even.

I have heard if you call Chip or Dale
Alvin or Theodore they really flip out!!

How about asking Buzz "Exactly what is beyond infinity?"

Chip and Dale often have a funny shtick if you ask them why their noses look different, or which one they think got the better nose.

Other than that, you can get some good reactions if you ask a question that completely buys into the theme and their character and you make it very specific and very earnest. Or ask them something very complicated about their character that makes them stop and think. The bottom line is that if you put them on the spot and make them think and give them a way to "play" their role instead of just doing rote things they've done a hundred times, they'll sometimes get into it more and do something memorable, like go get another character or something similar that will make your kids feel special. Not always, but sometimes.

Like at Chef Mickey's ask Mickey something very specific about the menu or something that you might ask a real chef at a real restaurant. "Mickey, you run a great restraurant here. As business gets better and better, do you ever consider bringing in a separate pastry chef?" Or "Buzz, if you played baseball, what position would you play?"

Tried to engage Peter Pan. He was hanging out at a gift shop, just sitting up on a display of treasure with a treasure map in front of his face. Looked like he was trying to take a break, maybe, but once my son knew he was real, he was very persistent. He kept trying to engage, and trying to engage, and really, Peter was ignoring him for a very long time........finally, my ds turned away really disappointed, and I whispered in his ear to crow for Peter. Well, he did the little kid "****-a-doodle-doo" and Peter crowed this loud crow, but did stay behind the map. So, ds picked up one of those swords they had for sale, and said "en garde". Peter jumped down and grabbed a sword, and they had a sword fight until Peter made ds's sword fly away, and then started chasing him...........they ran through the gift shop and in and out until ds fell, and Peter stopped to see if he was okay, gave him a high five, and told him "you're a pretty cool kid"..........as we left, he went climbing back on the treasure pile and hid behind a map again. My son was six and he was just thrilled. There had been no other kids around at all, so he had Peter all to himself. It was so exciting, especially since I started out thinking Peter was just going to ignore him completely.

Tpaigevz, what a terrific experience with Peter Pan!

These were some of our recent character experiences:

Minnie loves it when you wear a shirt with her on it! (So does Mickey :D )

Cruella gave extra negative attention in response to a hat that had a disney feline on it! She also notices jewels!

I didn't think my camera was working right while photographing a Green Army Man so had to take multiple shots. Unbeknownst to me, it was working and I ended up with a hilarious set of photos showing his escalating frustration (all in good fun) with me! I don't advise trying this on purpose this if the line behind you is long. :p

Give the villians a hug.

If you have the talent, speak to Donald Duck in a duck's voice.

Of course, the princesses oohhed and awed over jewelry and clothing with images of princesses on it.

I once told Cruella that I used to have a Dalmatian (I really did). She looked very indignant and kind of growled, "a lot of good that does me NOW!" HAHA

The first time I saw Donald I remarked on how much shorter he was than I'd thought. He stomped his foot and walked away! HAHA I had to go after him and tell him that it wasn't a bad thing and that I thought he was very cute. He high-fived me and seemed to actually being showing off as he stood with me to get our picture taken!

Debbie:earsgirl:

If you see the Mad Hatter, ask him for his "autograph". He will draw a picture of a car and a graph. If you want his "signature", you must ask for it, or ask him to sign his name.

Call one of the 7 Dwarfs by the wrong name, very funny, especially if all 7 are present.

Cruella asked DS if he had ever thought of a job as a dog catcher. That was a funny conversation.

We just got back and got some great character interactions:

It was my DD's birthday and I made her a 6x6 page for each character to sign and on the top had "Happy Birthday Julia" and on the bottom "Walt Disney world 2004" I made one for each character and put their picture on the page - this started a lot of interaction b/c the character's knew it was her birthday and LOVED seeing their picture on the page - a lot of them would point to the picture and then hug her in thanks!

When Buzz realized it was her birthday he tapped the Happy Birthday song to her on his chest - she loved that

Tinkerbell is in a lantern in the World of Disney and DD told Peter Pan and he asked exactly where she was and told her he would have to go rescue her

She told Chip she loved his "chocolate chip" nose

My daughter begged to meet Pochahantas and so our 2nd day at MGM I asked where she would be and they told us - a ton of characters came out but no Pochahantas so we got in line for Snow white - then she came out and we were all the way accross the circle at the front of the park and my DD screamed her name and went running over to meet her squealing the whole way - I imagine this is not a normal reaction for Pochahantas and she spent forever with my little girl and everyone around us was laughing - some of the other face characters were telling Pochahantas how lucky she was to have such a cutie love her so much and then she gave her a kiss (leaving a kissprint) on her cheek - that really stuck out in my DD's mind

She also told Belle that Beast scared her - Belle told her how sweet he was though and that he was only that big b/c his heart is so big

Not really something we said, but...on DD's 6th bd she had her birthday pin on and met Cruella, who yelled to the crowd that it was her birthday and everyone should give her a puppy! It was very cute. DD was kind of shy, and when Cruella told her she'd be coming by for the dogs DD gave her a hug and said, "I think you try very hard to be nice." Cruella actually smiled for a split second. :)

My DS was wearing a gryffindor cap from Harry Potter and the Snow Queen had a lengthy conversation about goody goody boys who want to be in Gryffindor when actually Slytherin was the best house and she had been in Slytherin when she was a student at Hogwarts,
she also refused to have her photo taken with my other DS as he was wearing a Snow White pin - he had to take his lanyard off and we all had to bow or curtsey.

Originally posted by Scotfan
My DS was wearing a gryffindor cap from Harry Potter and the Snow Queen had a lengthy conversation about goody goody boys who want to be in Gryffindor when actually Slytherin was the best house and she had been in Slytherin when she was a student at Hogwarts,

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on this board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter