• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do You Get On Every Trip (Anti-Pin Thread)

I get a Christmas ornament for our tree. Every trip I take to an ordinary or exotic place I look for a Christmas ornament. It is an inexpensive way to have a memory from our past year.

I always buy a new Christmas ornament & a t-shirt, my dh, ds, & dd also get t-shirts & my dd usually gets a toy, stuffed animal, or both. This year I plan on buy jewelry:dance3:

I'm surprised at how many people collect Christmas ornaments. I thought I was in the minority with that...
I can't wait till Oct 3 to get another one! :banana:

Great thread! We always get a Disney magnet. The last couple of years I've been getting one each trip for a favorite attraction or ride. My all-time favorite is one I found about three years ago of the monorail -- it moves along the track if you move the magnet!

Christmas ornament and we have started collecting a flag Mickey from each country in EPCOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204
Here's an idea for a Souvenir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHrSX0gHX_8

HILARIOUS! I didn't see this when it first aired.

I don't have a specific something I get each time at WDW, but I'd like to start getting a penny in each park / resort I go to, and I love the artwork idea, it's definitely a way to commemorate the trip without being junky or too much of the same thing.

I actually know somebody in my family that this happened to...
They had a 14 yo DD & 11 yo DS, went to WDW on vacation
and 9 mos. later had another beautiful DD...
That was 16 years ago...
They haven't been back to WDW since.. :rotfl:

This will be our first trip to WDW, but every year we've gone to DL my husband has gotten me a light-up rose. I have them all arranged in a glass vase on my desk. When I am feeling down, I turn down the lights in the office and turn on all the roses. It's my own romantic Disney cheer-me-up!

Other than that, we all get to buy a new pin each trip, and the kids get a new set of mouse ears to hang in their wall each trip.

Mickey ear balloon - which I then deflate and keep :cloud9:
charm for my bracelet
jackets for my DDs - the spring/fall weather ones with the hood & grey lining - in pink and purple of course!

Usually an ornament but I am not sure our Disney tree can handle anymore. :lmao: Also, I love the little family of people that you put on your back car window. This year we will have to get a baby one! Also, I love the antenna boppers and license plate covers. I also love looking at all of the jewelry in WS.

We usually go for the small stuff. We buy T-shirts, magnets, PINS :rolleyes1, etc with the year on it. We were buying small snowglobes, but with the change to airline security we stopped. :confused3 Oh well..

I've only been once, but I have a trip coming up! DSis is coming with us and she collects snowglobes. DW and I have a magnet collection of places we've been so we plan to look for magnets at our resort and throughout the parks.

A disney Hat. The whole family get in on it. Go to the MK on our first day. Must go to the hat shop that faces the the train. Try on ridiculous hats. Decide which ones you like best. Make sure to put the pictures in a scrapbook when you get home so you can laugh at each other all over again . :rotfl:

We always get a couple Christmas ornaments. One with the year and a random one.

This is what we have done and are planning on doing again this year. Will probably get my dd a Minnie (she has the Tinkerbell and princess ones), and some pins for dd and ds. Also a fridge magnet. I think I want a mug this year too...I love Disney shopping! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter