• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do You Get On Every Trip (Anti-Pin Thread)

I used to get an ornament every trip, but the selection lately has been unimaginative, uninspiring and uninteresting... so I haven't gotten one in recent years.

Past few trips I always get an antenna topper for my car - they take enough abuse that I can always justify a new one, and they are a pretty cheap souvinier from Disney.

We always get an ornament for the Christmas tree and I always buy pencils and notepads. I tend to buy the practical things to use everyday and remember our trips......:lovestruc

T shirts and coffee cups. But on our last trip I bought the big white hands along with everything else. I thought they looked so cool.

I'm a creature of habit. I always get 2-3 pins, a t-shirt, & a picture frame.

My niece looks like a Precious Moments character, so we always get a PM figurine. And another addition to the list of ornament collectors!

I always get....

1. a mug (sometimes a few) .... with the year on it or the theme if I like it
(like Happiest Celebration) and if there is any special event like Flower and Garden or F&W I will get that mug also (one trip I cam home with 7 mugs)

2. A couple pins usually, favorite ride for that trip, one with the year on it,
a resort pin if there is a new one.

3. Mini-snowglobe with the year on it.

4. Magnet with the year on it.

Pressed pennies

Popcorn buckets. I love the buckets. I give them to DD to put her pens and little things into. I also have one with my cookie cutters in there. They were annoying me every time I put my hand on a shef they used to come crashing down. They look better in a WDW bucket! ;)

I always get an ornament too. My DD always gets a new set of ears, 2 pins ( 1 with the year and another she picks out), a charm for her necklace and at least 1 Disney character baby.

Each trip I get a plushie...sometimes two ( I know it's childish lol! They all live on my couch! Ha!)
The first visit it was a swaddled baby Simba, second visit it was older cub Simba from AK and a swaddled baby Marie from France. Is anyone seeing my pattern with The Lion King and cats in general?:rotfl: I know someday I am going to be that crazy old cat lady:laughing: Seriously though I hands down love The Lion King :lovestruc It's one of my all time favorite Disney movies. Okay I'll stop typing now...

Ok, so when my wife and I go to WDW, I always get a big snow globe to represent the trip for that year, so we have one for each year. Was just wondering, does anybody else buy or get something to represent each trip, besides pins :lmao: not that Im against pins or anything:lmao:

I get some sort of pressed penny. I did ToT for the first time last time, so I splurged for a pressed quarter!! You can see me do it at the end of my video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VnfomXAawk :thumbsup2 I saw that it was a pressed quarter so I was like...meh... but DH was like YEAH! DO IT! :goodvibes It was kind of a big deal...me doing ToT... as you can see from the video :rotfl2:

Ummm.......how about a pin? :lmao: Sorry just had to....But seriously, we cannot leave the world without a mug!! Love those things!!

It's Mickey Ears for us. We let our kids pick out their own and each time they choose different ones. It's great to see them pick their ears because it shows what they were into at that time in their life! Fun, Fun!!

Pins (sorry, but it's true) and a t-shirt or two.

I used to get antenna toppers, but now I have no antenna to top.

We love the ornaments and as try to get them dated since we always seem to go around our wedding anniversary.

:earsboy:hoodies are something hubby and I also seem to be collecting now too.

And after every trip we buy a photo book from photopass

~~~~~Next trip Dec 2010!~~~~~

Caribbean Beach Resort '91
Dixie Landings '92
Wilderness Lodge Dec 09', April '10, and Dec '10
:tinker::tinker::tinker::tinker::tinker::tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter