what do i do next??

julluvsdisney

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f
Ok so today the title company said they sent the deed to disney! Yay! My question is what should I do next to expidite this process? When should i call and what do I ask?any helpful info for this final step woukd be greatly appreciated !

I waited 10 days then called member services and they did have everything recorded. I was able to get my member number and login information at that time.

I waited 10 days then called member services and they did have everything recorded. I was able to get my member number and login information at that time.
I agree there really isn't much you can do except wait for now and call disney in about 10 days-I actually got my information at 9 days (from the date the deed was recorded according to the OC comptroller site) but it seems like 10 is pretty typical. However I didng think member services would give out member # I thought that you had to get them from member administration (option #2 vs option #1)

You should check the Orange County Comptroller site to see when your deed is filed. Start calling about 10 calendar days after that. You must select option #3 (not 2) on the phone menu to get Member Accounting. They are the only ones who can provide your new member number over the phone. They should then transfer you to another department who can give you your Club ID and Activation Code which will allow you to log into the website.

You should check the Orange County Comptroller site to see when your deed is filed. Start calling about 10 calendar days after that. You must select option #3 (not 2) on the phone menu to get Member Accounting. They are the only ones who can provide your new member number over the phone. They should then transfer you to another department who can give you your Club ID and Activation Code which will allow you to log into the website.

Excellent!! This is the answer I was looking for! The orlando comptroller has the deed filed on 2/27 so maybe I can call on 3/9? That would make me so excited if everything was all set that day!!

Thank you all for your quick responses ! It's very appreciated!

That's so weird I feel like dvc members get different info from different people at DVC
The first time I tried calling I selected member accounting (based on previous posts) who told me they couldn't help with giving me a member # and to talk to member administration and subsequently transferred me-both that time and when I called to follow up the next day I wound up talking to member administration and they were able to check for me and release the info once avail

So funny because I was just about to post this same question!! I got an email today that my deed was sent to recording so I'll have to keep an eye out on the comptroller site.

I actually JUST went through this, so hopefully I can chime in!

I started calling 7 calendar days after the deed was filed, but they couldn't find me in the system until 10 days had passed. I first tried Option 2 (Administration), but they refused to release the member number. They confirmed I was in the system, but that without an SSN (I'm in Canada), they couldn't divulge the member number. I hung up, called back immediately and pressed option 3 (Accounting), where the nice lady gave me the member number without a word of complaint ;). Then she transferred me to option 6 (Web Help), who instantly gave me my Club ID and one-time activation code, and I was off to the races!

I think that perhaps option 2 might help you if you have an SSN on file, but option 3 seems to be the more popular choice. Try both if one won't give it out- if you're in the system, it seems that CMs are willing to give you the number more often than not. Good luck :)!

Ok so I just called, 11 days out, and nothing! She also said I have to wait for the letter in the mail! what the heck?!?! She also asked if I have the contract number, where would I find that? Do you think it's too early in the day? maybe later in the day I could magically show up? I feel like this is taking me longer than normal! we are at 81 days so far!

Thank in advance!!!

Ok so I just called, 11 days out, and nothing! She also said I have to wait for the letter in the mail! what the heck?!?! She also asked if I have the contract number, where would I find that? Do you think it's too early in the day? maybe later in the day I could magically show up? I feel like this is taking me longer than normal! we are at 81 days so far!

Thank in advance!!!
Try again this afternoon. Make sure you select option 3. Then try again tomorrow. Depending how busy they are, it could be the end of the week before you're in the system.

Thank in advance!!!

Your contract number should be on your paperwork- that's the old contract number for your seller. You should have that on multiple places on your paperwork, including your closing/title package. If they have that, they can cross-reference with the new contract number assigned under your name. Was she able to verify if your name was in the system?

Your contract number should be on your paperwork- that's the old contract number for your seller. You should have that on multiple places on your paperwork, including your closing/title package. If they have that, they can cross-reference with the new contract number assigned under your name. Was she able to verify if your name was in the system?
She did not see my name in the system. I'll have to look on the paperwork for the old contract number . Thank u both for the info!!

I'm wondering if perhaps they've stopped releasing the information quicker over the phone because of the volume of calls they're getting? The internet is a good way to pass helpful information, but that can also bite us in the butt if everyone starts calling daily.

I had to call 5 ppl before getting a competent person. The other 3 claimed we were not in the system yet even though I provided the resale contract info. One saw our name but said it was a different member ID and a different dept handles it.

Ask for Kevin in member admin. He's awesome. Took care of everything.

second call of the day! She was much nicer but still saw nothing! Bummer! I guess I'll try again tomorrow. She didn't ask for the contract number (which I found) just my last night.

I had to call 5 ppl before getting a competent person. The other 3 claimed we were not in the system yet even though I provided the resale contract info. One saw our name but said it was a different member ID and a different dept handles it.

Ask for Kevin in member admin. He's awesome. Took care of everything.

Did you call all in one day or several days? I want to call again but I'm thinking it may be a waste of time! I'll try again tomorrow I guess!

Last edited:
second call of the day! She was much nicer but still saw nothing! Bummer! I guess I'll try again tomorrow. She didn't ask for the contract number (which I found) just my last night.

Did you call all in one day or several days? I want to call again but I'm thinking it may be a waste of time! I'll try again tomorrow I guess!

I called 2 days in a row. The first day one person saw our new member ID. The second person was just lazy and didn't want to look.

The second day I called three people. The first 2 kept saying to wait until we get our packets. I kept explaining that we already have a new member ID, but there is a mistake bc we have a precious contract -- and the member ID needed to be combined. They either purposely misunderstood or claimed they couldn't find us.

Finally, the last person, Kevin, went though our paperwork. He took the time to understand the situation, look into it, and went above and beyond. Competence. Finally.

I called 2 days in a row. The first day one person saw our new member ID. The second person was just lazy and didn't want to look.

The second day I called three people. The first 2 kept saying to wait until we get our packets. I kept explaining that we already have a new member ID, but there is a mistake bc we have a precious contract -- and the member ID needed to be combined. They either purposely misunderstood or claimed they couldn't find us.

Finally, the last person, Kevin, went though our paperwork. He took the time to understand the situation, look into it, and went above and beyond. Competence. Finally.

Well I have called 3 times in 2 days and nothing so far! I am hoping to run into someone like kevin that will take mercy on me and give me my number ! haha

Well I have called 3 times in 2 days and nothing so far! I am hoping to run into someone like kevin that will take mercy on me and give me my number ! haha
Have you tried talking to both accounting and member administration? Many people have reported success with accounting but when I talked to them I was told they couldn't help me and to talk with member administration. I would have the contract number handy too because they can look and see if it is still listed under your seller's name.

Have you tried talking to both accounting and member administration? Many people have reported success with accounting but when I talked to them I was told they couldn't help me and to talk with member administration. I would have the contract number handy too because they can look and see if it is still listed under your seller's name.

I have only tried accounting. Maybe it's worth a call to administration as well!

I was able to find the old members contract number so I've had it in front of me with the second and third call but neither asked. Maybe I should offer the info before they ask for my name ? I'm just so ready to be done! The first has to be the worst right?!?! I plan on doing this at least one more time and I'm hoping it's not as stressful since I'll already have access to the website! What's aggitating and most stressful is not know if there is any availability for June 4-7. I just wanna book my stuff!!

I have only tried accounting. Maybe it's worth a call to administration as well!

I was able to find the old members contract number so I've had it in front of me with the second and third call but neither asked. Maybe I should offer the info before they ask for my name ? I'm just so ready to be done! The first has to be the worst right?!?! I plan on doing this at least one more time and I'm hoping it's not as stressful since I'll already have access to the website! What's aggitating and most stressful is not know if there is any availability for June 4-7. I just wanna book my stuff!!

This is a good lesson of what you are buying into. You will get different answers from DVC. You will have frustrations with long telephone hold times, and you will probably have to adjust your vacation schedule based on room availability.

DVC has stated that their policy is to mail you your member info but apparently they take some calls. Taking calls might be keeping them from processing more accounts.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter