what do i do next??

I think it may also be that some CM take pity on people-specifically we had points that were expiring at the end of March 2015 (which they actually wound up letting us bank anyway) so I was super nice and polite when I called saying I wasn't sure if they could help me but here was my situation and by any chance did I have a member number yet? Having worked in retail for years I know that I am more inclined to go above and beyond to help out truly nice customers (esp when they have unusal circumstances)
But who knows maybe Disney is enforcing not releasing the info over the phone more?

I was able to find the old members contract number so I've had it in front of me with the second and third call but neither asked. Maybe I should offer the info before they ask for my name ? I'm just so ready to be done! The first has to be the worst right?!?! I plan on doing this at least one more time and I'm hoping it's not as stressful since I'll already have access to the website! What's aggitating and most stressful is not know if there is any availability for June 4-7. I just wanna book my stuff!!

For me, having the seller's contract number didn't help. MS told me that since the contract number changes, looking up the old number won't tell them anything about MY account.

For me, having the seller's contract number didn't help. MS told me that since the contract number changes, looking up the old number won't tell them anything about MY account.
Not sure if the guy I talked to at member administration was wrong but he asked me for the contract number to see if that contract number was still listed in their system as an active contract under our seller's name (which he said it was)-I took that to mean it wouldn't still be active in the system under the seller if that contract had been transferred into our names

I am also currently waiting for our member number and the wait is killing me. I have been checking the Orange County comptroller site, but I wanted to make sure I was using the correct site to search for when the deed is recorded. Is http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp what everyone has been using? TIA!
Yes that's the website
Took my contract 2 days to post to website after it was recorded

Yes that's the website
Took my contract 2 days to post to website after it was recorded

Thanks! Just wanted a sanity check. We are currently 6 days out of closing so I might be rushing it.

If your contract closed 6 days ago I would think it should be in there by now-when they do the closing they record the deed then and sent the info to Disney for transfer in the DVC system (which takes Disney a while)

Not sure if the guy I talked to at member administration was wrong but he asked me for the contract number to see if that contract number was still listed in their system as an active contract under our seller's name (which he said it was)-I took that to mean it wouldn't still be active in the system under the seller if that contract had been transferred into our names
Some departments can only pull up account information using limited information. Member Administration seems to require a contract number or SSN, while Member Accounting can find accounts with just your name and address.

If your contract closed 6 days ago I would think it should be in there by now-when they do the closing they record the deed then and sent the info to Disney for transfer in the DVC system (which takes Disney a while)

Thanks...now I'm concerned. I guess if it's not there tomorrow, I'll contact our realtor. I assumed Disney filed the deed...

Thanks...now I'm concerned. I guess if it's not there tomorrow, I'll contact our realtor. I assumed Disney filed the deed...
In our case our contract was supposed to close 2/6 (Friday) but When I called the closing company 2/9 (Monday) to ask a question and they said they it was on the owner's desk and was the first contract for them to finalize/record that day-on 2/11 (Wednesday) we got an email from our closing company that they had closed the sale and forwarded a copy of the recorded deed to DVC. 2/11 is also the day that the OC comptroller's website was updated to reflect the deed transfer (with a recorded date of 2/9)
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems like everything associated with DVC resales is somewhat backed up right now based on all the various threads and posters on this board (ROFR, estoppel, closing companies getting out documents, etc) so perhaps your closing didn't actually happen 6 days ago? Or did your broker/closing company email you to notify you the sale was complete?

Last edited:
In our case our contract was supposed to close 2/6 (Friday) but When I called the closing company 2/9 (Monday) to ask a question and they said they it was on the owner's desk and was the first contract for them to finalize/record that day-on 2/11 (Wednesday) we got an email from our closing company that they had closed the sale and forwarded a copy of the recorded deed to DVC. 2/11 is also the day that the OC comptroller's website was updated to reflect the deed transfer (with a recorded date of 2/9)
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems like everything associated with DVC resales is somewhat backed up right now based on all the various threads and posters on this board (ROFR, estoppel, closing companies getting out documents, etc) so perhaps your closing didn't actually happen 6 days ago? Or did your broker/closing company email you to notify you the sale was complete?

They said it closed 3/5, but I got the official e-mail on 3/6.

YAY! I am official!!! I called again today (5th times the charm!) and was in the system! This was 13 days after I could see the deed on the comptroller site and 10 days since I was notified that the deed was sent to disney! So Excited!!I was also able to book the poly Lake view for the days I wanted !! I am so excited!!! Thank you all for your helpful advice!!!!!!!

YAY! I am official!!! I called again today (5th times the charm!) and was in the system! This was 13 days after I could see the deed on the comptroller site and 10 days since I was notified that the deed was sent to disney! So Excited!!I was also able to book the poly Lake view for the days I wanted !! I am so excited!!! Thank you all for your helpful advice!!!!!!!
Who did you end up getting the info from? Was it administration or accounting?

Oh, I'm so glad you're finally in and that you got your booking sorted! FWIW, we booked our first trip almost two weeks ago, and still haven't received anything from Disney in the mail. Granted, we are in Canada, but still...we would have missed out on both 11-month bookings for popularly timed trips coming up if I hadn't known to call for the numbers. I love these threads, they end up helping out so much :)!

I just called (option 3 whatever that was), I'm 11 days out and nothing! She said it could take a month from the closing :headache: I guess I'll just try calling back every day?? She wasn't the most magical person either. Just gave me a straight Nope, not there whereas on Friday I called optin 1 and got a man that went out of his way to try and find it.

I just called (option 3 whatever that was), I'm 11 days out and nothing! She said it could take a month from the closing :headache: I guess I'll just try calling back every day?? She wasn't the most magical person either. Just gave me a straight Nope, not there whereas on Friday I called optin 1 and got a man that went out of his way to try and find it.
Not sure what you were expecting. If you're not in the system, then you're not in the system. Just call back each day. I recommend starting on day 10 because some people claimed success at that time, but I think 14 days is more reasonable.

I called 1 or twice a day. Mine showed up 10 days after the title company told me they sent the title to Disney but 14 days after I could view the documents on the comptroller site. I had a few magical calls and a few not so magic! I just moved on and called again! 5th time was the charm! I hope you get something soon!

How long does it take after close to show up in the OC comptroller site??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter