What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Practical tips:
zip lock bags in every size for a variety of reasons--I used zip lock bags all over the place. I kept one in the diaper bag for dirty clothes, one in my fanny pack for items that I didn't want to get wet, I used them for groupling things together in luggage to make searches faster

brita fill n go--this saved us a bundle in money. Since they have been discontinued I need to go stock up on filters

fanny pack--yes, they are unattractive, but man, they are handy

buy small fan to use in parks before you go

head back to the resort in the afternoons

Magical tips:

Ride in the conductor's car of the monorail

Make breakfast PS times before MK opens (8:30)

Get a window seat while eating in the castle and an aquarium seat while eating at Coral Reef
who do you ask about riding in the conductor's car on the monorail?

Was this more cost efficient than having groceries delivered from a local store?

I never costed it out, so I don't know. I just liked knowing that I had the stuff the I wanted waiting there for me. I also throw in other things, too, like toothbrush holders from the Dollar Store and our toiletries (I get a better deal on full size products with coupons than on travel sizes).

Here's a tip, I WISH some one had told me our first Disney trip.... Don't pack everything you read! Seriously.

about 2 months before our Disney vacation I would pick up 1 or 2 items at a time every time I was shopping. I had a wicker laundry basket half full,of little things! From flashlights, ponchos, pieces of table clothes ( I cut them in squares and used them to sit on during parades) every type of medicine that you could possibly imagine. You name it, we had it! I packed and brought all the stuff along. Very neatly organized in ziplock bags. The problem? We used about 5 things that I packed. Once we did the trip, I can really imagine needing some of what we brought. If you do, there's always first aid stations and stores!
What you need, and what are staples that I always bring now? Band aids, Neosporin, Tylenol, mole skins, sunscreen, spare zip lock baggies, ponchos, little tiny flashlight, pepto bismol tablets, and Dramamine. I also carried our penny pressing tube every day along with some other personal items too.
Of course, every one is different! But, not only did this stuff take up space on luggage and in my backpack or tote, but it's extra weight too to lug around all day. Just some friendly advice from someone who learned what you REALLY need, and what you DON'T.

For those of you thinking of shipping items to the resort, keep in mind that if the resort has a conference center, you will be charged. I believe Boardwalk, Contemporary, Coronado Springs(maybe others?) has conference centers. Not sure about Swan and Dolphin. This may have changed but I know it was true as of 2 years ago.

We'll be at BCV in August for 10 days. We did a similar trip 3 years ago at BWV but packed with about 9 days worth of clothes. Big mistake. Pack for 5 days and do do laundry. This way we can probably get by with carry-on luggage for each of us.

angbuz said:
I'm wondering this myself. :confused3 Does anyone know what the minimum order amount is for garden grocer or other delivery services? We'd like to have some snacks and a case of water. We won't have a car, so stopping somewhere is not an option.

It's around $40 or so. The prices are high so you will quickly reach your minimum. ;)

mndisneylovinmom said:
Here's a tip, I WISH some one had told me our first Disney trip.... Don't pack everything you read! Seriously.

about 2 months before our Disney vacation I would pick up 1 or 2 items at a time every time I was shopping. I had a wicker laundry basket half full,of little things! From flashlights, ponchos, pieces of table clothes ( I cut them in squares and used them to sit on during parades) every type of medicine that you could possibly imagine. You name it, we had it! I packed and brought all the stuff along. Very neatly organized in ziplock bags. The problem? We used about 5 things that I packed. Once we did the trip, I can really imagine needing some of what we brought. If you do, there's always first aid stations and stores!
What you need, and what are staples that I always bring now? Band aids, Neosporin, Tylenol, mole skins, sunscreen, spare zip lock baggies, ponchos, little tiny flashlight, pepto bismol tablets, and Dramamine. I also carried our penny pressing tube every day along with some other personal items too.
Of course, every one is different! But, not only did this stuff take up space on luggage and in my backpack or tote, but it's extra weight too to lug around all day. Just some friendly advice from someone who learned what you REALLY need, and what you DON'T.

So true!!!!!

For those of you thinking of shipping items to the resort, keep in mind that if the resort has a conference center, you will be charged. I believe Boardwalk, Contemporary, Coronado Springs(maybe others?) has conference centers. Not sure about Swan and Dolphin. This may have changed but I know it was true as of 2 years ago.

More details? Has anyone had this happen to them?

If you are staying at a resort that has a conference center, ask for details on the resort board. I believe it cost around $15 for them to process and handle a heavy item like a case of water. Like I said, that was about two years ago, maybe it has changed since then.

The best thing I ever did was buy a clip on battery operated fan for my little DD princess: in a stroller. It was blowing on her the whole time and she was forever happy and content! We brought extra batteries! They go fast when running 12 hours! But we forgot a screwdriver!!!! All children's items screw on the battery panel! UGH! Looked everywhere on site could not find anything nor did the resort have one. Finally bought an eyeglass repair kit! The screwdriver in that worked perfect! So moral of the story, bring a screwdriver too!

If you are staying at a resort that has a conference center, ask for details on the resort board. I believe it cost around $15 for them to process and handle a heavy item like a case of water. Like I said, that was about two years ago, maybe it has changed since then.

More details? Has anyone had this happen to them?

YES! It happened to me at the Boardwalk this past Fall. When they called my room and told me my package arrived they offered to deliver it for a fee ($5?)... I declined and told them I would be by to pick it up.

When I walked over to the business center (which is at the Conference Center) they STILL wanted to charge me the fee... :confused3 What was funny is that I had 2 packages delivered.... one went to the Front Desk (box delivered by USPS Priority Mail) and there was no charge... they even delivered it to my room. However, my other package which went to the business center was an envelope (UPS 2-Day). Main difference was it was UPS, not the regular mail delivery.

After nighttime entertainment, shop and eat your way out of the park. I did that after Fantasmic and there were two other people at the bus stop when we got there. It saved so much waiting for the bus.

dizzycrazy said:
The best thing I ever did was buy a clip on battery operated fan for my little DD princess: in a stroller. It was blowing on her the whole time and she was forever happy and content! We brought extra batteries! They go fast when running 12 hours! But we forgot a screwdriver!!!! All children's items screw on the battery panel! UGH! Looked everywhere on site could not find anything nor did the resort have one. Finally bought an eyeglass repair kit! The screwdriver in that worked perfect! So moral of the story, bring a screwdriver too!

Great tip!

Yes the fans were a lifesaver. Before our trip last year I had read on here that there were the little hand held fans that mist. I went out, found them and bought one for each of us. They were fantastic!! There were so many times that my (at the time) 5 yr old DS was on the edge of losing it from overheating in line. I'd whip out the fan mister and he was happy camper.(but if you get the misting fans please do teach your kids a little water vapour etiquette, not everyone wants to be misted in line lol)

The moleskin saved my husbands heel at MK one day and I loved the tip to take an extra pair of shoes to the park with you. I slid a pair of my flip flops in a side pouch on my back pack. I would switch to my flip flops mid day and then switch back to my Keen sandals later in the evening. It kept my tired tootsies happy.:cool1:

Oh and I had also read a tip to take things for your kids to do in the long lines. I packed the little bottles of bubbles in my back pack. My older kids loved blowing them and watching the smaller kids in lines chase after them. The other parents were also grateful that we had provided 10 minutes of entertainment for their kids. It was a win win!!:cheer2:

I packed the little bottles of bubbles in my back pack. My older kids loved blowing them and watching the smaller kids in lines chase after them. The other parents were also grateful that we had provided 10 minutes of entertainment for their kids. It was a win win!!:cheer2:

When my kids were little we often went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. One year there was a big bubble machine in an out of the way area. We spent about an hour there. I'm thinking -"I paid X dollars for these tickets, and you're chasing bubbles?" But they were having a ball! :confused3

So I'm probably behind the times on this one but I just discovered the padded waterproof first aid tape. It's awesome! Sometimes the moleskin will roll or move but with a little tape on top I'm blister free!,

maddiebee said:
Does anyone know if you can still call the pay phones in the United Kingdom?

When we went in October (2012) you could. I had my DS12 go in to pose for a picture, then dialed the number. The look on his face was priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter