1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by barbaraann, Mar 22, 2005.

1. elittleton

elittleton Mouseketeer

Pre this thread they are no longer working:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076156&highlight=phone

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyDoc5

DisneyDoc5 Making memories...

this sounds great, going to get some!

4. mymeme

mymeme Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the app Tripit is best thing ever for a trip. When u get confirmation email for resort, dining, flights, anything u just forward to your Tripit and every thing including confirmation numbers are there in one place listed by date and time. I have the app on my iPhone so I'm not sure what other phones it is available for. Hth

5. pmdcdad

pmdcdad Earning My Ears

Going in May. How bout the weather ? I'm sure it will be warm.... But compared to Sept?

6. jennykay

jennykay Mouseketeer

7. leeford88

leeford88 Earning My Ears

My favorite was the pillow case with embroidery hoop for autographs. It was something different for the characters to sign, so they had fun with it. Every night my daughter gets to think about our trip.

8. tcat160

tcat160 What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do th

This is a great tip!! I love that it would be something used everyday. Which is why were not going to press pennies lol. Theyd never get looked at again in our house. But a signed pillow case? FANTASTIC!! Thanks for sharing. This is one we'll definitely do!!:-D

9. joanzie72

joanzie72 Mouseketeer

Make sure you use Fabric Markers. Regular Sharpies bleed.

10. hardrocker1

hardrocker1 Earning My Ears

Way back on page 115 or so there was a few threads about motion sickness relief. I'm an RN and have a few suggestions:

I am a big Dramamine junkie, but only for in the car where I can sleep, but instead of taking a whole Dramamine pill, try breaking it in half, or even 1/4 to see how your body will respond to it, you can always increase it in increments if you need to.

Another option is the accupuncture type theory sea bands, they look like little wrist watches with magnets that activate a pressure point on the pulse side of your wrist that is related to motion sickness, for those not wanting the side effects of oral meds. I have never used these so don't know how well they work, but I do know a lot of people use them. Since knowing about them, if I feel queasy, I will rub the inside of my wrists sometimes and it has helped.

There used to be an herbal based oil out there in a tiny brown bottle called "Travel-Ease" that you rub some on your wrists or behind your ears, had a bit of an odor to it but not unpleasant, I used it a lot with my kids and they said it helped.

Those mister fans are great for motion sickness and while spraying them on your face, imagine standing by a giant waterfall, guided imagery is a great distraction technique.

Suck on ice chips, or even munch on them. Also mint is a tummy soother, pack some Life Saver Pep-O-Mints with you, I've never tried gingerroot but I know they give it to pregnant women for morning sickness, they also sell lollipops on pregnancy websites that have ginger in them, I think they were called "Preggy Pops" or something like that, also hard candies to help with nausea.

Stay away from super sweet sodas and foods, and greasy rich foods, a recipe for disaster if you are prone to nausea. Stay well hydrated, some queasiness may be due to dehydration/heat sickness. Hard candies, mints, etc, since some queasiness may also be due to low blood sugar. Be sure to pack some PB crackers/granola bar to back the candy up.

Hope these tips help...if you know spinning rides or coasters or whatever has made you sick in the past, don't try to be a hero and just don't ride them!

Blessings, Michelle

11. tcat160

tcat160 What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do th

Will do! Thanks a bunch. :-)

12. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Thanks! Some great tips in here.:thumbsup2

13. Disney_Ohana

Disney_Ohana Mouseketeer

Emergency cellphone charger came in handy this past trip :thumbsup2

14. karenrevis

karenrevis Earning My Ears

So how was it tonight? I am doing the party for the 1st time on the 14th.... Curious what you thought of it?

15. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Bringing a small fan to the parks....it was a GODsend last august!

16. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

I have been looking into a misting fan... I have read they leak. Did you use a regular fan or misting fan?

17. susanktz

susanktz Earning My Ears

Is there a way to export these threads into a Word or Excel file?

18. Disneymama01

Disneymama01 Mouseketeer

I have bought the 5 dollar ones from target in past years and have never had issues with them leaking. I wont go without the misting ones in that heat

19. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

I will check Target! Thanks!

20. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

Thanks!

21. Disneymama01

Disneymama01 Mouseketeer

I havent seen them yet at mine, I know walmart sells them too. Defiantly buy in advance they are $20 at the parks.... whoa