What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by barbaraann, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Ashley0408

Ashley0408 Earning My Ears

This makes me happy since I was disappointed because there were no tables available. I'll have to keep checking for this.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ashley0408

Ashley0408 Earning My Ears

It's there on the website.. Maybe view all and look for Tomorrowland Wishes Dessert Bar. When I get on the computer later, I'll see if I can post the link to it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

5. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

Yes. Check back with the link I provided. I tried and doesn't look like May is open yet. I was able to get times for April, but no dates in May yet. Check everyday and often each day. Good luck.

6. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

There is a thread in the dining section just for Wishes dessert party reservation watching. Disney is very random with their timing on opening those reservations and the best thing is to follow that thread so you're not checking for ADRs every day, twice a day! I can't look for it now on my phone but it's there somewhere. Usually pretty current. (First or second page)

7. Dweaver8

Dweaver8 Earning My Ears

thank you!

8. Fab

Fab Earning My Ears

I had quite a few such as:
    -if you are on the dinning plan use all the left over snack credits to take home as gifts for friends!
    -Pack as less as possible on the way don't over pack as on the way back you will need a lot more space especially if you buy a lot of stuff (Like me!)
    -Using my phone to check queue times so for instance if a ride that usually had a big queue is temporally unavailable I can check it every so often and get over there when it opens to avoid long queues
    -If there is a firework display or a parade going on usually the queues are all pretty small so get on all the rides you usually can't go on and see the parade another day

Hope they helped but they are the tips I always seem to use!

9. Dweaver8

Dweaver8 Earning My Ears

Just booked our ADR for the Tomorrowland Wishes Dessert Party for
    April2nd !! :cool1:

Just an FYI the online reservations were taking a long time to load to I called. The person on the phone stated that you cannot book this online and can only do it by calling.

Thanks everyone for the awesome tip! My family will be so excited!
    :)

10. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

Glad you got your reservation!!! :thumbsup2

You can actually book this online and by calling. For more info and to find out when the dates are opening you can follow this thread: ~Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - April 2013 OPEN!!!~ Sorry don't know how to link it here.

11. lindap1

lindap1 DIS Veteran

Long thread...so my question is....where is the best place in Epcot to view the fireworks?

12. mecllap

mecllap <font color=limegreen>"Skamps"<br><font color=mage

That depends. There are lots of good spots. It depends on how long you want to sit (on the ground) or stand and wait. How long you are willing to walk to leave after they're over? Which gate you want to leave from? Are you just interested in the actual fireworks, or do you want a really good view of the full effect with the (slightly boring) lull with the story and the globe in the middle? Do you want to have a meal as part of your wait for a possibly good view?

(I like over by the Rose and Crown, or to the right of the accessible area close to the Int'l gateway walk).

13. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

I wondered why they changed this? DW and I went in December and I was able to book online.

At least you got through. Have fun.

14. Dweaver8

Dweaver8 Earning My Ears

hmm that is weird, I checked and you can book online. Not sure why she said that. I was having problems that night with reservations so had to call anyway. She apparently was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. :confused3

15. lindap1

lindap1 DIS Veteran

Nice view of it all and quick exit from the park afterwards :)

16. StillWorldlyWise

StillWorldlyWise Earning My Ears

This is great. Check out those first pages - "use a towncar from airport" remember to use fastpass" "remember to use PS for dining" Great stuff!

17. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

What is PS for dining? It hard reading in code. Thanks!

18. Disbug

Disbug DIS Veteran

Priority Seating... code speak for Disney's version of "Reservations". Once you check in you should be the next group seated for your size table. ;)

19. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

Thx!

20. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

:worship:The best tip I received was
    To go early, be at rope drop.
    We went early to Animal Kingdom & was at the area where the Lion King was ( Camp Mickey & Minnie ) before it opened, & my DD was chosen to open Camp Mickey & Minnie with Chip & Dale.
    We went to Magic Kingdom to see the rope drop, now we went on the first bus at 7:00 Am, they did not open until 9:00 AM, so we knew we would have a long wait (DH wanted to be on a less crowed bus), we were the only family standing at the turnstiles & a CM chose us as the opening family.

The other tip that was really good was Have a plan for each Park-the things that you want to do the most. We got most of them done, but the New FL was a bust except the Dumbo Ride. I did not want to waste our time, so we just moved on to the other things.

I can't wait to go back, get vacation!:yay::dance3:

21. CantWaitToGoAgain

CantWaitToGoAgain Earning My Ears

To Google Dis boards :-) Been hooked ever since.