What attraction was better/worse than you expected?

Overall I'm happy enough doing whatever attraction @ Disney, even small world:)

Buzz Lightyear puzzles me tho. Every trip it seems shabbier and the floor of line is positively disgusting with trash. I realize that is fault of guest but how hard could it be to send in a CM to sweep it up a few times a day? We try to catch it twice each day we're there and have seen the same pile of yuck still there from late am to evening.

The ride had mechanical issues last week. First go thru a gun wasn't operating. The send time the ride quit running. Security gates popped up quickly between the cars and the targets, good thing as it was at least a ten minute wait. Kids could get antsy.

Did TSM twice too, it had issues with final screen not working properly.

Another vote for Soarin' not moving me with the new film

Re new frozen ride in Epcot, we all agreed that unless we had a FP to escape the standby line would not be happy campers after riding. Thumbs up for our Olaf fix tho!

Best - Enchanted tales with Bell. I was so surprised by this. The Disney magic was very real to my daughter when that mirror changed!

Worse - Peter Pan. I thought I'd be alone on this one. It just never did it for me.

Better: living with the land. I didn't even know this existed until this past March. And my line of work is agriculture, so I SHOULD have seen this the other 5 times I've been there. I even fussed at my more veteran friends for never taking me.

Worse: I'm underwhelmed with Test Track. It just isn't interesting to me.

Better: EE. My DD, then 5, is a coaster nut, DH had back issues, and I'm lukewarm on coasters, but I had to take one for the team and ride with DD. I screamed like a fool, but it was a lot of fun. We rode several times in one day.

Soarin' - I knew I'd like it, but DH and I were blown away by it. That stomach dropping butterfly feeling of flying - how do they do that? We loved it so much.

Worse: Kali. We expected to get wet. We didn't expect to look like we just got out of a pool fully dressed. Never again.

Better overall though, was the fact that DH reluctantly accepted that a Disney trip was inevitable for his princess, and in the end loved it so much more than he ever imagined. He was firmly in the "once in a lifetime" camp, and was planning our next trip before we got back home.

Better: I like many rides and attractions at Disney World, did not expect to be impressed with the Lion King. Loved it so much the first time we saw it we went back 2 days later

Worse: Frozen Sing along was a disappointment, even my DGDs 3 & 5 did not care for it. (and they love Frozen). The very worst: Stitch. It replaced one of the most awesome attractions (IMO) ever.

TSMM was much better than my entire family expected.
We are not super into Toy Story but its now one of our favorite attractions.

7DMT was worse than expected. (Not long enough and not enough of a detailed storyline)

Better: 7DMT. We had a trip right after it opened but skipped it because we had no interest, thought it was a kiddie ride and saw not so great reviews. We decided to FP it the following trip and really liked it. We do it a few times each trip now.

Worse: TSMM. After waiting a long time, we all thought "this is it?" So disappointing. We all like Buzz much better.

Better: Livin' with the Land, the American Adventure (I cry each time... I know it's lame but 'Golden Dream' ALWAYS gets me)
Worse: Stitch (went on it when it was new and I had no idea what was coming), Soarin'

Better: Spaceship Earth. I always view it as a real snoozer, but once you get on it has this real nostalgic feel. From the voice to the smells.

Worse: Soarin' never did it for me.

better: festival of the lion king

I like rides, not shows, but DD5 loves ballet, gymnastics, etc so I took her. The show was so good we saw it twice more.

Worse: Kali

It's short and boring. If you're not going down the drop you are just sitting there with very little to look at, besides the woman in white who got soaked on the drop and now has see-through clothes. The ride should be 3 times longer with 3 drops and then it would be a great ride.

My worse has to be 7DMT. I had high expectations & while it's cute, it's way to short of ride. It was a little bit of a let down.

Better I have 2: 1st the laugh factory... I thought it would be awful. Besides the no line and A/C (bonus!) we found it funny in a cheesy kind of way. Maybe we were just in the right mood for it but we have young kids who loved it and that makes the day better any how :).

2. Livin' with the Land boat ride. We went right after going to Garden Grill. We always do a garden so it was neat. Eating what you grow moves the needle for our family and with no line it was quick.

Worse. Small World to me just is boring. I went for the old school Disney factor and it just didn't happen. When the 5 year old is board then the ride is lacking.

Stich was not near as bad as I expected. It's not good, but I expected worse LOL!

But the 'ride' that was the most disappointing to me was the Belle thing in Fantasyland. Unless you have a cute kid in the show that's a waste!

Better: Frozen Sing Along, they knocked it out of the park with this one!

Worse: Stitch, this needs to be replaced

Better: Nemo Musical. We had some time to kill and we wanted AC so we tried it and loved it. I always tell people to give it a try now.

Also Enchanted Tales with Bell, I have gone twice without any kids in my group and just love watching the other cute kids with Belle. The Disney magic is strong with that attraction I think and it shows on all their faces. Can't wait to bring my daughter on this in September.

Worse: Mission Space. Makes me feel ill and is really not that exciting to me. I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Kali River Rapids. Short and I don't love being drenched after a ride.

Space Mountain. I don't love how jerky the ride is and the theming just doesn't do it for me.

I love seeing a couple people mention the Frozen Sing Along. I am hoping to give this a try. I think my husband will not be excited but it seems like he might be pleasantly surprised.

Better- I was expecting to hate the PeopleMover but I ended up loving it. And I thought that Disney couldn't top the original Soarin' but they improved on it in every way in Soarin' Around The World

Worse- I remember loving Space Mountain and everyone who I knew who has been to disney called it "The best coaster in all of Disney World" but after I rode it last vacation to my disappointment, it wasn't even the best coaster in Magic Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter