What attraction was better/worse than you expected?

Better: Mine Train. I was not expecting much after reading so many comments that it was just so-so. I liked it a lot.

Worse: Stitch. I hated it. I cannot express how much I hated it. I knew it was a terrible attraction so I figured I had set very low expectations. Did I say I absolutely hated it?

Better: Peter Pan. I knew it was a much beloved ride, yadda yadda, but I didn't really see why before I rode it. Now it's one of my favorites.

Worse: Don't really have a worse. I research to death any ride that sounds even remotely iffy, so I usually know what I'm getting, and I probably set my expectations low instead of high. I've got a long list of "did not rise above expectations," and then a short list of, "better than expected."

Better: Flights of Wonder. This is so frequently skipped and it's such a good little show. I was not expecting to like it as much as I did.

Worse: Kali. It's only purpose is a roulette to see who gets soaked and has to walk around the park in squishy clothes. No theming.

Better: Living With the Land. Always skipped this or never even knew it existed until the past 2 trips. Informative, but not boring. Very relaxing ride.

Worse: Test Track. Loved the original crash test dummy theming, now its just Tron and futuristic. Doesn't make any sense. before it used to be educational and show the "true" way they test car safety.

Better: Living With the Land.... we had no idea what it was when we first went on it and I thought it would be boring and slow. It was so informative and enjoyable! It turned out to be a pleasant surprise!

Worse: Kali.... it is super short and pretty boring. We were so hot that day and we were hoping to cool off and get wet. We got nothing! I would never wait in line for that one!

Better - I really enjoyed Dinosaur. It is a little rocky, but I quite enjoyed this attraction.

Worse - Seven Dwarves and Kali River Rapids. If only because of how short they are. Especially Kali, you can barely get the full story before they are dumping you down the waterfall and then the ride is over. I had ridden it before, and thought I remembered it being alot longer than it actually was.

Better: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. I don't know why but I adore this show. Maybe it's because it's a little different every time? I look forward to it sooooo much!
Pixar Short Flim Festival...I was expecting MEH and I got WOWED. So good!

Worse: Stitch (I will never forgive this ride for replacing my beloved Alien Encounter).
7DMT....cute but boring and not worth the hype or the wait.
Mission Space Orange...I thought I was dying. Gave me a massive panic attack.

Better: Living with the Land. I actually get excited about hitting it on an Epcot day. And I...like Figment. I know. I know. But my kids enjoyed it so much!

Worse: Universe of Energy. I have very fond memories of it back in the 80s, and love Ellen, but I was underwhelmed when I finally got back to check it out. I still tell people to give it a shot if they've never seen it, but I will happily skip it now.

Better: Pooh. I had remembered it as a kiddie ride but no it was very entertaining

Worse: Peter Pan. Nostalgia must be all that drives those long lines. I can't imagine standing in line for 70 mins for that! I rode it as an adult and thought it was showing its age and not at all worthy of such a ridiculous wait.

Worse: Peter Pan. Nostalgia must be all that drives those long lines. I can't imagine standing in line for 70 mins for that! I rode it as an adult and thought it was showing its age and not at all worthy of such a ridiculous wait.

My husband feels the same way. He feels so strongly about it he insists that we skip it on our upcoming trip (the rest of us wont budge lol).

Better: Living with the Land which has now become an every trip ride for us

Worse: either Mission Space Orange or Kali River - MS made me uber sick and Kali was super short and underwhelming

Better - 7DMT after all the bad reviews I was expecting something horrible.
Better - Astro Orbiter - Wow this was so much better than Dumbo or TriceraTop Spin.

Worse - Kali River Rapids is so lame and too short.

Magic Kingdom
Best: Mickey's PhilharMagic - Did this on a whim on the last day. Pleasantly surprised.
Worst: Stitch - Did not enjoy it one bit, kids wanted to leave to leave half way through.

Animal Kingdom
Best: Conservation Station - Kids REALLY enjoyed this.
Worst: It's tough to be a bug - Found this boring, plus bad seating didn't help

Hollywood Studios
Best: Frozen Sing-Along - Pretty much knew this was going to be a hit with the kids. Had a nice balance of adult/kid humor
Worst: Voyage of the Little mermaid - Not worth the wait.

Epcot
Best: Sea Base Aquarium - Kids liked this, so much they wanted to go back before leaving.
Worst: Turtle Talk with Crush - Way too crowded and kids couldn't get engaged enough to enjoy it

Best: flights of wonder! thought this would be boring, but very entertaining and fun!

worst: Peter Pan. Never rode it before last year, and tried it just because it always had huge lines. Must be something good? But was disappointed and wondered why I rode it. one and done
Ariels ride in MK. Felt it wasjust a repeat of the one in Epcot, no new inovations, very disappointed. However, the queue was cute.

Better
I'll never forget seeing Impressions de France for the first time. We needed to kill some time before a Fastpass, and it turned into my favorite attraction at Epcot (yes, I like it more than Soarin'). It's truly spectacular, and far superior to the movies in Canada and China IMHO.

Worse
American Adventure. There are a couple bloggers that list it as one of their favorite things in the whole WDWorld. I enjoyed it, but I didn't blow me away. However, the Voice of Liberty pre-show was basically worth the price of admission. They are sublime.

The new Test Track. I was very disappointed by the new theming. It all seemed kind of cheap.

Last edited:
Better ISAW I thought that was delightful!

Worse The Tiki room. What on earth lol.. Maybe it's lost in translation I am from the UK..

You're right. I've stopped making it a priority. Not worth the wait.

Better: I knew I would like Haunted Mansion but I ended up loving it! 7DMT was a lot of fun, and a lot of attractions in Tomorrowland that didn't seem like they'd be much like Peoplemover, CoP, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor turned out to be some of my favorites. I love One Man's Dream too and we found the queue for The Great Movie Ride (and the ride itself) very entertaining. I also enjoyed Journey Into the Imagination (but I've never seen previous versions).

Worse: Stitch's Great Escape, ToT (I don't like heights but I've ridden drop rides before but this was awful. I cried the whole time). Didn't think TSMM or Peter Pan's Flight were worth long waits but would do both again. (We had Fps though).

Worse - The new Soarin' was a disappointment for me. I was so excited to ride it and maybe that's why I wasn't happy with it.
Better - The new Frozen ride - loved it and I'm not even a huge Frozen fan

PS: not saying why I didn't like Soarin' because I don't want to spoil it for anyone nor do I want to start a debate. :)

Worse
American Adventure. There are a couple bloggers that list it as one of their favorite things in the whole WDWorld. I enjoyed it, but I didn't blow me away.

OHHHH, I forgot about this one. We walked out afterward and were just like, "well, that was certainly...twenty minutes in the air conditioning."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter