• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished "Cry, the Beloved Country", and it was an incredible read! Very thought provoking, and I enjoyed that a lot!

Next up, "Their Eyes Were Watching God," by Zora Neale Hurston. This one is for book club next week. I hope it's good.

After that is "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" by James Patterson.

I'm reading The Ladies of Missalonghi, by Colleen McCullough. I'm enjoying it.

92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber. Its the 9th book in her Cedar Cove Series.

Someone mentioned SARA'S KEY, I really enjoyed that book. I read another book about the same subject right after, and that one was equally good. If anyone's interested I can go dig that title up.

Christine

Started Echo in the Bone last night.

I didn't go and re-read the previous book and I think I'm going to have to. I feel lost.

Decade of the Wolf, about the reintroduction of wolves to yellowstone which I picked up while visiting there two weeks ago. It's pretty good so far.

I didn't go and re-read the previous book and I think I'm going to have to. I feel lost.

I'm really enjoying it! I was caught off guard by the past/future but I'm with it now- when Bree and William were talking I was thinking "What????!" but remembered that incident before Bree and family (Roger and children) went through the stones.

Decade of the Wolf, about the reintroduction of wolves to yellowstone which I picked up while visiting there two weeks ago. It's pretty good so far.

That sounds really interesting. Another good one I just finished is called "Death in Yellowstone" by Lee Whittlesey about all the different deaths, both natural and intentional, in the park.

It's out????? How did I miss that?????? I was right by Costco Tuesday evening but didn't run in because DD11 was with me and we were clothes shopping for her. I'd have detoured in to buy this book. Buy it at Target and pay a bit more??? or wait until the next trip out to Costco (35 min away)??? I know I can't wait a week for Amazon to deliver.

I buy very few books, and even fewer in hardback - but I will be owning this one!

It's out????? How did I miss that?????? I was right by Costco Tuesday evening but didn't run in because DD11 was with me and we were clothes shopping for her. I'd have detoured in to buy this book. Buy it at Target and pay a bit more??? or wait until the next trip out to Costco (35 min away)??? I know I can't wait a week for Amazon to deliver.

I buy very few books, and even fewer in hardback - but I will be owning this one!

If anyone is interested you can get a signed book by ordering it from a bookstore near the author's home (The Poison Pen I think); she goes out there once a week and will sign a copy for you (even write something). Gabaldon's website has the phone number. I plan to do it to complete my series even though I have it on my Kindle!

Sadly I was pretty disappointed in The Lost Symbol.

National Treasure 3 meets The Secret .... and then it gets even sillier.

Yeah. After I finished it I was pretty nonplussed. There were some amazing parts that had me hooked, but then things got out of hand. I had some bits figured out very quickly, then everytime it came up I already knew the kicker. And one of the bigger 'surprises' was more along the lines of 'who cares!'

Not sorry I read it. Just sorry I paid for hardback.

I finished Echo in the Bone on Friday. We really need a discussion thread for it - what a bunch of cliffhangers! And if you didn't read the Lord John books, you'd be lost....

I finished Echo in the Bone on Friday. We really need a discussion thread for it - what a bunch of cliffhangers! And if you didn't read the Lord John books, you'd be lost....

Picked Echo up Saturday afternoon and finished it up last night. I agree - lots of cliffhangers... and I haven't read all of the Lord John books - so will have to go back and check those out.

Her other books all felt more "complete" by the end of the book - you know there is a continuation, but just about everything is neatly wrapped up. This book, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter