What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading

61B9S8EAP4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I must be on a "first novel made into movie" kick.

Before this one I read "The Secret Life of Bees" and before that, I read "The Kite Runner".

I think I'll go to something nonfiction next . . . any suggestions?

I read this in a survival themes class this semester and just loved it!

I'm reading Brideshead Revisited. One of my professors suggested reading some fiction from the Random House Top 100 and I picked this one to start. It's an interesting list, I hope to get to several of them this summer. Brideshead is slow going but I hope it picks up soon! :)

This week, I've finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult, 8th Confession by James Patterson, and I'm halfway through Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris. It's been a big reading week for me.

I've decided to make this the summer of The Tudors. Does anyone have any suggestions for books on this topic? I have The Boleyn Inheritance already in my queue at the library.

I'm reading The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters. It's the second in the Amelia Peabody mysteries. I've read a few before, but never in order, so I've started over.

It seems to be taking me awhile to finish, but it's because I haven't had much time for reading lately. I have a stack of books just waiting for me, but I have to finish this one first...

I am reading the O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. I'm on book 4 right now. They are Christian suspense/romance novels.

Just finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer, and really enjoyed it. Before that I read School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, Book 2). Will look for book #3 next and try to finish up this series before I move on to something else. After that I may try some more of Jodi Picoult's books since I enjoyed The Pact recently.

This week, I've finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult, 8th Confession by James Patterson, and I'm halfway through Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris. It's been a big reading week for me.

I've decided to make this the summer of The Tudors. Does anyone have any suggestions for books on this topic? I have The Boleyn Inheritance already in my queue at the library.

Did you read the "Wideache" Trilogy from Phillipa Gregory? wonderful, wonderful books. "The Queen's Fool" is also very good.

If you interested in these kind of books a great site is www.phillipagregory.com I have read many books recommended on this site.....

I just finished Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris. It was really action-packed. No one can accuse her of not moving the plot along! Big revelations and life changes for Sookie.

I've recently finished reading:

Those Who Saved us, by Jenna Blum. Very good book.

The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz. Another I liked.

Still Alice, by Lisa Genova. Very good, but sad.

Miracle At St. Anna, by James McBride. Loved it.

Look Me In The Eye, by James Elder Robison. This book I just can't get into. I stopped reading it.

The Portable Promised Land, by Toure. A book of short stories, most of which I like.

I just started reading The Book of Air and Shadows, by Michael Gruber.

Just read "The Boleyn Inheritance"

Reading and just about finished with "Repossessed" by AJ Jenkins

Then will be reading "Black and Blue"

A friend of mine has recommended Girl With a Pearl Earring...
Has anyone read it and can say what you thought of it?

My favorite so far this year has been "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo." Really good. I also liked "The Lace Reader." Still pondering what to read next!

Finished the series...let me know what you think when your done! Enjoy!

Now the tough part what to read next:confused3
---------------------

I'm on the last book now - and I don't want the series to end!! :goodvibes

I'm lost as to what to read next.. I have plenty to choose from, but it's kind of hard to "switch gears" from Beverly Lewis' Amish series to something else - you know?

I'll probably either go with Jodi Piccout (have quite a few of her books here); a mystery; or maybe something non-fiction..

Just finished 'Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan. It is about Frank Lloyd Wright's mistress. Quite interesting, especially for the time period.

---------------------

I'm on the last book now - and I don't want the series to end!! :goodvibes

I'm lost as to what to read next.. I have plenty to choose from, but it's kind of hard to "switch gears" from Beverly Lewis' Amish series to something else - you know?

I'll probably either go with Jodi Piccout (have quite a few of her books here); a mystery; or maybe something non-fiction..

I was sad to see that series end~

Last night I started "Bliss" by O.Z. Livaneli, I know it was an international bestseller but after 2 chapters I gave up...moving on

I wrapped up "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare two weeks ago and started in "City of Ashes" just yesterday. I was not happy with where the first book went, but at the behest of my students (whom I lent my copy of CoB to) I plunged on (with their copy of CoA).

I wrapped up "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare two weeks ago and started in "City of Ashes" just yesterday. I was not happy with where the first book went, but at the behest of my students (whom I lent my copy of CoB to) I plunged on (with their copy of CoA).

Follow the series all the way through the three books it is worth it. I wasn't happy with the end of City of Bones either. But both my husband and my 14 year old daughter convinced me to keep going, I was glad that I had.

I also listen to books on CD in my car. Right now I am finishing Fabric of the cosmos by Brian Greene and Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban when the kids are in the car. We've listened to all seven several times. I reccomend it to anyone with kids. Jim Dale reads the US version (someone else reads the British version). Several of the books earnrd him Grammy's. He is amazing. There is real value in listening to books with children.

Have you read "The Autobiography of Henry VIII"? I think the author is Margaret George. It's wonderful!!! I read it several years ago and loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter