We've Been Here Two Hours...Let's Figure Out When We Can Come Back! (updated 10/2)

Barbados and Our Room

Before I forget – I did take some pictures of Caribbean Cay, the island in the lake at CBR, but I don’t have access to them right now. We went for a walk on the island one morning but never went back to it – there wasn’t enough time to do everything! It was lovely and had some quiet nooks that would have been great for reading, napping, or spending quiet time together. We just never had the chance to do that.

As you may recall, I was disappointed not to get either of the villages I had requested, but we ended up really liking Barbados and were very happy with it. In fact, when we stay at CBR again we’ll request Barbados. :) The walk to OPR was short and Barbados seemed to have fewer guests staying there than some of the other villages. In fact, there were a lot of empty rooms in our building while we were there. The beach had a volleyball net and children’s play structure, a few hammocks, and plenty of chairs.

Our beach (which we never did have the opportunity to use)
IMG_3627.jpg

The quiet pool was a great place for Minnie to work on summer homework/reading assignments (and take periodic breaks to jump in the pool to cool off!). There were always tables, chairs, umbrellas, and lounge chairs available at the quiet pools. We used the quiet pool more than we used the main pool.

Our village quiet pool:
IMG_3627.jpg

When we got to our rooms that first night, I was very happy that we had a corner room and Grandma and Papa’s room was right next to ours. :banana: We really liked the extra light we got during the day…but on the flip side, it seemed like a lot of light “leaked” in to the room through those two windows at night. The blinds and curtains did a fairly good job of blocking the light at night, but we still had light “leakage” around the edges of the blinds and curtains. It wasn’t enough to keep us awake or wake us up in the morning, but it was noticeable to me (10 years of living in Alaska with massive amounts of sunlight in the summer sensitizes a person to that kind of thing, LOL). We had a parking lot view which didn’t bother us at all because there were so many trees and shrubs around the building that they provided nice screening (although not complete) of the parking lot. In fact, our room was around the corner from the stairs down to the parking lot and we were able to park our car right at the bottom of the stairs for most of the trip (all but the first night). That was really convenient for my morning jaunts to OPR to refill my mug and grab a chocolate croissant, and for the days we ended up driving ourselves to the parks instead of taking the bus.

The view from our corner:
IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

We were happy with the room itself, too. We didn’t think the size difference would be very noticeable compared to our room at POP on our last trip, but it really was a noticeable difference! :love: Even though we were in that room for eight days, it didn’t feel cramped or crowded (other than when Minnie and Tinkerbell complained at night about having to share a bed) and there was plenty of storage room. The table and chairs in the corner were nice – particularly since we had a corner room with two windows so we had extra light during the day. We used the corner table as a “staging area” for getting our park bag ready each day and the girls used it to “dump” whatever they happened to have in their hands at any given moment. :idea: The night table between the beds had a deep open space under the drawer and it easily held our extra case of water until we needed to put it in the fridge. The TV cabinet had four drawers that were fairly good sized. Minnie used two, Tinkerbell used one, and DH used one plus the shelf above the closet rod in the bathroom area. The fridge is also in the TV cabinet and we never had problems with the temperature of the fridge (that’s been a complaint of some guests at CBR but the solution is to open the cabinet door, pull the fridge out from the back of the cabinet a bit, and leave the cabinet door open during the day). The fridge was definitely big enough -- we had fruit, milk, cream cheese, bagels, bottled water, and soda in there and there was definitely enough space for everything. The TV was a good size.

There was a padded bench with a wide, deep drawer underneath and that’s where I kept my clothes. It was a good sized drawer and I was able to fit everything in without any trouble at all. We kept our box of groceries on the bench. Above the bench was a shelf with some pegs where we hung our beach towels to dry and DH kept his baseball caps on the shelf.
A favorite feature was the double vanity in the bathroom area and the curtained off changing area. That made a huge difference when all four of us were trying to get ready to go!! :cutie: The closet rod held lots of clothes and DH used the shelf above it for some of his things. I also used that shelf for storage. I liked the open storage areas under the sinks – having that extra storage space helped keep the vanity area relatively tidy. The bathroom itself wasn’t any bigger than the bathroom at POP (at least I didn’t think so), but I liked that the shower curtain rod was bent away so that it didn’t feel like the shower curtain was going to attack me in the shower. LOL I also liked the retractable clothesline for hanging things to dry. I wish the rooms had under-bed storage for suitcases, but we were able to put the suitcases in a couple of corners so they were out of the way.
We had no problems at all with keeping the room at a comfortable temperature and also liked the ceiling fan.

When we checked in we had a towel animal (a bunny) waiting for us on the night stand (can’t find the picture right now). We received towel animals two other mornings (although we weren’t exactly sure what animals they were – one was a bird…not sure what the other was!). We didn’t have any problems at all with Mousekeeping.

The theming was nice, with subtle Disney touches (Nemo, Dory, Crush).
The bedding:
IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

The wallpaper border:
IMG_3641.jpg

The room (sorry, I didn’t take many pictures of the room!)
IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

The bus stop was a hop, step and a jump from our building (Barbados 14) – it took just a minute or two to walk there. We loved that the bus stops were covered and had seating, unlike POP. The overhead fans were a nice touch and the framed posters with information about that particular island/village were fun to read. Most of the time we waited less than 10 minutes for a bus (both leaving CBR to go to the parks, and returning to CBR from the parks), and often the buses were pulling up just as we got to the bus stop or a few minutes after. We never had to stand on the buses -- in fact, I can only think of two bus rides where people had to stand. Once we waited 20 minutes for a bus and a CM called to find out where the bus was and then kept us posted on when it would arrive. There were also a couple of times when we were the only family on the bus coming back from the parks and so the driver asked which village we were in and went directly there, not stopping in the others. We appreciated that! None of the bus rides were long.

A couple of pictures from the bus stop (I know I took a couple other pictures at the bus stop but I’ll have to find them):
IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

All in all, we really liked CBR and I was happy that my spur-of-the-moment, unresearched decision to stay at CBR turned out so well! :woohoo: In fact, my parents liked CBR so much that they aren’t interested in trying any of the other resorts (although we’re staying at ASMo for our weekend trip in October – that’s just because there weren’t any rooms with double beds available at CBR when we’re going to be there – bummer!).

Up Next: Day 1 in the Parks – Epcot and MK, and Dinner at ‘Ohana

Great pics!:thumbsup2 The pool is part of the reason we chose CBR for Labor Day weekend. I plan on a nice relaxing weekend with lots of pool usage. DH and I will be on the lookout for that hot tub. That will be nice. Thanks for telling us about it.

Thanks for the pics of CBR! We stayed there once and LOVED it! We are staying again in Oct. and you made me want to request Barbados!

Also, it is super easy to order from Disney Merchandise! I've done it a few times. That's how I got my wedding ears, too! I was afraid they wouldn't have them anymore by the time I got there.

Thanks for the pics of CBR! We stayed there once and LOVED it! We are staying again in Oct. and you made me want to request Barbados!

Also, it is super easy to order from Disney Merchandise! I've done it a few times. That's how I got my wedding ears, too! I was afraid they wouldn't have them anymore by the time I got there.

Do you have the phone number for Disney Merchandise? I can't find it! Thanks!

Do you have the phone number for Disney Merchandise? I can't find it! Thanks!

I actually DO happen to have it! I have a pile of receipts that I still haven't figured out what to do with yet, and it has the wdw merch number on it. 407-636-6200. You can also e-mail, which is how I prefer to do it. You just tell them exactly what you were looking for (color, graphics, etc.) and where you found it and they'll write you back with the sku number and price and you just tell him what size you want and stuff. You e-mail them at wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

:thumbsup2

The main pool at SSR had much warmer water then the quiet pools we noticed as well! Wonder why? I really like the look of CBR!

Great descriptions of CBR!

I have a suggestion/ request. I have seen others TR (never posted one myself) where the poster edits his/her title on the first post to tell the update. For example: 8/10 Update page 3

It looks like you might have DG loving Disney...they don't want to try another resort? Sounds like they want to return! :yay:

Great descriptions of CBR!

I have a suggestion/ request. I have seen others TR (never posted one myself) where the poster edits his/her title on the first post to tell the update. For example: 8/10 Update page 3

It looks like you might have DG loving Disney...they don't want to try another resort? Sounds like they want to return! :yay:

Thanks for the suggestion -- I actually tried to do that yesterday but it wouldn't let me. I'll try again with the next update.

Yes, I think Grandma and Papa are hooked. I made their ADRs yesterday for our upcoming weekend trip in October and they were very excited. Unlike our last trip, this time they've already told me which two parks they want to do on their one day in the parks and have already asked me to put together a touring plan for them to make sure they get to do Soarin' and most of the shows at DHS, then back to Epcot for dinner and IllumiNations. I think they're hooked!

You really did get a pretty "parking lot view". I am glad you ended up liking your resort. Do we get to see a picture of the trip report writer? I am ready to hear about your trip.

Barbados and Our Room

When we got to our rooms that first night, I was very happy that we had a corner room and Grandma and Papa’s room was right next to ours. :banana: We really liked the extra light we got during the day…but on the flip side, it seemed like a lot of light “leaked” in to the room through those two windows at night. The blinds and curtains did a fairly good job of blocking the light at night, but we still had light “leakage” around the edges of the blinds and curtains. It wasn’t enough to keep us awake or wake us up in the morning, but it was noticeable to me (10 years of living in Alaska with massive amounts of sunlight in the summer sensitizes a person to that kind of thing, LOL). We had a parking lot view which didn’t bother us at all because there were so many trees and shrubs around the building that they provided nice screening (although not complete) of the parking lot. In fact, our room was around the corner from the stairs down to the parking lot and we were able to park our car right at the bottom of the stairs for most of the trip (all but the first night). That was really convenient for my morning jaunts to OPR to refill my mug and grab a chocolate croissant, and for the days we ended up driving ourselves to the parks instead of taking the bus.

We did not have a corner room and we still had a lot of light leaking in too at CBR. Even though I had brought clothespins to clip the curtains together, I could not do anything about the sides. We were in a Pirate room and the rods/rings look nice but do not slide easily and were already showing signs of wear.

The view from our corner:
IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

We were happy with the room itself, too. We didn’t think the size difference would be very noticeable compared to our room at POP on our last trip, but it really was a noticeable difference! :love: Even though we were in that room for eight days, it didn’t feel cramped or crowded (other than when Minnie and Tinkerbell complained at night about having to share a bed) and there was plenty of storage room. The table and chairs in the corner were nice – particularly since we had a corner room with two windows so we had extra light during the day. We used the corner table as a “staging area” for getting our park bag ready each day and the girls used it to “dump” whatever they happened to have in their hands at any given moment. :idea: The night table between the beds had a deep open space under the drawer and it easily held our extra case of water until we needed to put it in the fridge. The TV cabinet had four drawers that were fairly good sized. Minnie used two, Tinkerbell used one, and DH used one plus the shelf above the closet rod in the bathroom area. The fridge is also in the TV cabinet and we never had problems with the temperature of the fridge (that’s been a complaint of some guests at CBR but the solution is to open the cabinet door, pull the fridge out from the back of the cabinet a bit, and leave the cabinet door open during the day). The fridge was definitely big enough -- we had fruit, milk, cream cheese, bagels, bottled water, and soda in there and there was definitely enough space for everything. The TV was a good size.

There was a padded bench with a wide, deep drawer underneath and that’s where I kept my clothes. It was a good sized drawer and I was able to fit everything in without any trouble at all. We kept our box of groceries on the bench. Above the bench was a shelf with some pegs where we hung our beach towels to dry and DH kept his baseball caps on the shelf.
A favorite feature was the double vanity in the bathroom area and the curtained off changing area. That made a huge difference when all four of us were trying to get ready to go!! :cutie: The closet rod held lots of clothes and DH used the shelf above it for some of his things. I also used that shelf for storage. I liked the open storage areas under the sinks – having that extra storage space helped keep the vanity area relatively tidy. The bathroom itself wasn’t any bigger than the bathroom at POP (at least I didn’t think so), but I liked that the shower curtain rod was bent away so that it didn’t feel like the shower curtain was going to attack me in the shower. LOL I also liked the retractable clothesline for hanging things to dry. I wish the rooms had under-bed storage for suitcases, but we were able to put the suitcases in a couple of corners so they were out of the way.
We had no problems at all with keeping the room at a comfortable temperature and also liked the ceiling fan.

We thought the storage was awesome too!!!

The theming was nice, with subtle Disney touches (Nemo, Dory, Crush).
The bedding:
IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

The wallpaper border:
IMG_3641.jpg

The room (sorry, I didn’t take many pictures of the room!)
IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

The bus stop was a hop, step and a jump from our building (Barbados 14) – it took just a minute or two to walk there. We loved that the bus stops were covered and had seating, unlike POP. The overhead fans were a nice touch and the framed posters with information about that particular island/village were fun to read. Most of the time we waited less than 10 minutes for a bus (both leaving CBR to go to the parks, and returning to CBR from the parks), and often the buses were pulling up just as we got to the bus stop or a few minutes after. We never had to stand on the buses -- in fact, I can only think of two bus rides where people had to stand. Once we waited 20 minutes for a bus and a CM called to find out where the bus was and then kept us posted on when it would arrive. There were also a couple of times when we were the only family on the bus coming back from the parks and so the driver asked which village we were in and went directly there, not stopping in the others. We appreciated that! None of the bus rides were long.

A couple of pictures from the bus stop (I know I took a couple other pictures at the bus stop but I’ll have to find them):
IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

All in all, we really liked CBR and I was happy that my spur-of-the-moment, unresearched decision to stay at CBR turned out so well! :woohoo: In fact, my parents liked CBR so much that they aren’t interested in trying any of the other resorts (although we’re staying at ASMo for our weekend trip in October – that’s just because there weren’t any rooms with double beds available at CBR when we’re going to be there – bummer!).

Up Next: Day 1 in the Parks – Epcot and MK, and Dinner at ‘Ohana

Other than the distance from the food court we really liked CBR too !!

Sorry -- I just realized that my installments tend to be a bit long and wordy! :rolleyes1
Don't apologize. It's perfect. Don't change a thing.

But what about the walking distance for someone who doesn't have a car? I hear it's bad.

My fave so far (well I loved the CR but can't afford to stay there for a long time lol) is POR, but I might consider trying another resort.

First of all, I apologize that I haven't updated yet. Our desktop computer at home died and I can't upload pictures from work...so at home I'm using our ancient laptop and it's just way too slow to try to load a bunch of pictures. Our desktop computer should be fixed later this week so I'll have more pictures for you and a nice, lengthy (detailed) update!

You really did get a pretty "parking lot view". I am glad you ended up liking your resort. Do we get to see a picture of the trip report writer? I am ready to hear about your trip.

I tend to be the person behind the camera, but I promise there will be some pictures with me in them. :)

Other than the distance from the food court we really liked CBR too !!

Honestly, we didn't mind the distance from the food court. It was not a bad walk at all from Barbados -- only a couple of minutes at the most. It might be worse from other villages, though.

Don't apologize. It's perfect. Don't change a thing.

But what about the walking distance for someone who doesn't have a car? I hear it's bad.

My fave so far (well I loved the CR but can't afford to stay there for a long time lol) is POR, but I might consider trying another resort.

You're so sweet! Really, the walking distance was fine for us, and in the evenings it was a really lovely walk. I took the car to the food court in the mornings because I was carrying so many refillable mugs and it just hurt my hands to carry 3-4 of those, full, at the same time. Otherwise, I would have walked. I could walk just as quickly to the food court as I could drive there -- because of the speed limit, stop signs, buses, and parking. The only reason I drove was the mugs. It looks like a much, much longer walk than it really is. There is also an internal shuttle that runs around the resort but we never used it.

I really want to try the Grand Floridian sometime...will have to save up for that!

Day 1 in the Parks, Part 1 – Epcot, a/k/a “How Bad Could Beverly Be?”

So to recap, we had finally arrived…didn’t get to see the Epcot fireworks from the beach or from OPR, but we had already done some shopping and swimming and we were pleased with our rooms. Next up, per The Plan, sleep and then get up early to be at Epcot for RD! The Plan was very happy that we were all nestled all snug in our beds by 11 pm or so. The alarm was set to go off bright and early so we could be at the bus stop at 7:45 am since we had to activate our tickets and I wasn’t sure how much of a line there would be for that.

We all woke up bright and early (no oversleeping this morning!), got showered and dressed (love the curtain in the vanity area – it was great to have a curtained off changing area in addition to the bathroom), ate breakfast in the room, packed up the park bag (have I mentioned that I’m an overpacker? The bag got heavier and heavier as the week went on) :rotfl:, and were at the bus stop at 7:50 am…only 5 minutes late. Not bad! :) And, to our great happiness, the bus to Epcot pulled up to the stop just as we arrived so there was no wait at all. Yea! :banana:

We got to Epcot quickly and found that there was also no line act the window to activate our tickets. Double yea! :banana: :banana: It was just a little past 8 am and I thought it would take us until at least 8:30, so I was happy (so was The Plan). There weren’t many people there yet at all and so we decided to find a bench in the shade by the turnstiles. We ended up at the bench/turnstile almost the farthest down to the right since it was in the shade and we were the only people down at that end of the bank of turnstiles – everyone else stayed to the left and formed lines…and we were down there all by ourselves…which turned out to not be a bad thing, as you will see.....

Grandma sat in the shade and the rest of us just chatted near her and had fun. I ran into the little camera shop right there and bought a new pen since I had managed to leave our new character pens in the hotel room and we would need a pen for character autographs. Tinkerbell was wearing her new Tink t-shirt and Minnie was wearing her new Minnie t-shirt (appropriate, don’t you think? LOL) and both girls had their pin lanyards around their necks, hats on (Tink for Tinkerbell and the castle for Minnie), and their water bottle straps with the characters on them. They were decked out! (Sorry, I don't have a picture with me.) Grandma and Papa were wearing their first visit pins and the girls and I were wearing our “I’m celebrating” pins (I don’t think DH was wearing his). We were just chatting and enjoying being there, reviewing The Plan and going over the park maps…and Papa is a fun kind of person who loves playing with his grandchildren and so they were all just laughing and smiling and having fun. :cloud9:

While we were chatting and just enjoying the fact that we were there, a lovely CM approached us and started talking with all of us, but Tinkerbell in particular. She asked where we were from, if it was our first day in the parks, what we were looking forward to the most, and things like that. And then she smiled and asked if we would like to be the family of the day and open the park. Yes! Of course! :cool1: Grandma and Papa weren’t exactly sure why I was so excited so I had to quickly explain it to them, and then they were really excited, too. (On our last trip we had several “dream” opportunities, including being the family onscreen at LMA!) I thought it was really neat that my parents got to have such a “magical” :wizard: thing happen on their first morning ever in WDW. So we went through the turnstile and had some Photopass pictures taken (I’m still waiting on my Photopass CD – then I’ll be able to post some of those pix) and had the chance to talk with the CM and a few others. TInkerbell asked her to sign her autograph book and the CM thought that was so sweet. She gave us a form that served as a FP to any one ride that we wanted to use it on, so we were excited about that. It felt a little strange to have everyone outside the turnstiles watching us and wondering why we were inside and they were not. LOL When it was time, the CM introduced us to the waiting crowd and we helped with the countdown…and then we quickly made our way to the roped off areas for the rides. Unfortunately, being the family of the day didn’t get us behind the rope any sooner. Oh well!

And now The Plan split us up temporarily – The Plan had Grandma and me heading to Soarin’ to get FPs while Papa, DH, Tinkerbell, and Minnie rode TT and then we were going to meet up in the middle. So Grandma and I went toward Soarin’ and were at the front of the group at that rope. Minnie and Goofy came out to say hi and I got pictures of them (sorry, they’re not in this post). DH, Papa, Minnie, and Tinkerbell went toward TT and waited there. I had warned everyone about the insane rush (walking, not running) to get to the main attractions so they were prepared. When they dropped the rope, I grabbed Grandma’s hand and tried to keep her with me (she doesn’t move as quickly as I do – but not many people do when I’m on a mission at WDW!) and we quickly made our way to Soarin’. I think Grandma was amazed by the crowds. :rotfl: There was no line to get FPs (we would have ridden right then but she was nervous and wanted Papa with her when she rode it the first time) and our return time was for 9:42. Not bad! Since we had time to spare before we figured the rest of the gang would be done with TT, we went over and rode Nemo and were the first riders of the day. It was cute.

Meanwhile…the rest of our gang followed The Plan and headed directly to TT, only to find that it was not open at RD (it was opening at 9:30 that morning -- why didn't I know that???) :confused3 and so they decided to ride MS instead. Good thing The Plan was with me – it doesn’t like deviations! Since Grandma and I weren’t going to ride MS (she doesn’t like rides much and I’m claustrophic), I’m glad they went ahead and rode it. The posted wait time was 10 minutes but they walked right on. They rode the green side and they all liked it but said they wouldn’t stand in a long line for it and it wasn't a "must do" for them. We met them right outside TT at 9:30 just as it was opening, where we were able to talk Grandma into riding with us (I forgot about the jerky and bumpy parts…sorry Grandma :guilty:!). The posted wait time was 10 minutes but we walked right on. I kept telling Grandma that it wasn’t a jerky, bumpy ride…and then when the ride started I quickly remembered how wrong I was and I spent most of the ride turned around in my seat (she was in the back seat with Papa), apologizing for forgetting how jerky and bumpy the ride was! LOL Everyone but Grandma loved the ride. :scared1: Grandma swore she would never ride it again and we were all a bit worried that we wouldn’t be able to get her on another ride the rest of the day. Did she ride anything else? You’ll have to wait and see!

By now it was 9:45 so we grabbed FPs for later in the day (return time 10:25) and decided to head to Character Connection on our way to use our Soarin’ FPs. While we were en route to Character Connection, we passed Club Cool and decided to stop in for a quick sampling. Now, we live in Georgia and just this summer went to World of Coca Cola in Atlanta and tasted many of the available varieties. Somehow, Grandpa hadn’t tasted Beverly, although TInkerbell, Minnie, and DH had so they knew what to expect. Even though I hadn’t, I knew what to expect. :rolleyes1 Tinkerbell and Minnie got a nice, full cup of Beverly for Papa – aren’t they sweet, thoughtful granddaughters? :angel: Not knowing what to expect – and since it was hot outside -- he drank it down in one gulp!

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

It was so funny! I’m so glad I had the camera out and ready to go. Fortunately, he is a very good sport so he laughed right along with the rest of us (and then drank a bunch of other things to get rid of the taste).

Now that we were nicely refreshed, we headed into Character Connection and had a wait time of about 10 minutes before meeting Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Mickey, and Minnie. I’ll post pictures when my Photopass CD gets here. DH would only get in the picture with Mickey, but we got cute pictures of Minnie and Tinkerbell with all of the characters. This was Grandma and Papa’s first character interaction and they were impressed by how the characters were totally in character and interacted with the guests – particularly the small children. They were also surprised by how short Mickey and Minnie are.

And now The Plan directed us to Soarin’ to use our FPs. There was no wait at all with our FPs – we went straight down to the area where they put you in the three lines. :woohoo: We asked to be seated in the lowest area since Grandma was quite nervous about the ride. She held on to the handles for dear life, but she loved the ride! :cool1: In fact, when we got off she asked if we were going to be able to ride again that day. Yea!!! We grabbed FPs to ride again later in the day (got them at 11:15, return time was 12:51 – I was surprised it was such a quick return time!). We decided to ride Living with the Land while we were there – the posted wait time was 10 minutes but, again, we walked right on. We enjoyed this ride a lot. DH and Papa enjoy gardening and I wish we had signed up for the Behind the Seeds tour but it just didn’t fit in The Plan. (I was hoping to sign Grandma and Papa up for the tour when we go back in October but since Living with the Land is closed for refurb right now, I’m not sure if they’re doing the tours.) We took lots of pictures of the huge fruits and vegetables.

By this time we were ready for some lunch so we decided to eat at Sunshine Seasons. We found seats with no trouble at all. Minnie had the sweet and sour chicken kids’ meal and she said it was good. DH, Grandma and Papa had sandwiches and they said those were good. Tinkerbell and I shared rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, and carrots. We didn’t like the carrots, but everything else was yummy. We also had a fruit tart but we ended up not liking that (the crust was gooey).

After lunch, we all headed over to Nemo to ride that together. The posted wait time was 5 minutes and I don’t even think we waited that long. A picture in front of Nemo:

IMG_3061.jpg

After Nemo, we decided to split up…and “splitting up” seems like a good point to end this installment of the TR. Wow, I guess it got a little long!

Next up: Day 1 in the Parks, Part 2: Epcot continued, ‘Ohana, and MK

:cool1: about being the Family of the Day. I was just at Epcot this past weekend and no one was using the turnstile all the way to right. The CM was bored enough she was wiping the turnstile down making it shine.

Glad Grandma liked Soarin'. I did the same thing with TT. My MIL kept asking if it was like a rollercoaster, well to me, it's not a rollercoaster. So same result, she won't be riding again.

Love the Beverly pic!:rotfl:

Love your TR so far. What day were you at Epcot? We noticed that the parks were not too crowded on the weekends.

Really enjoying your TR! Love the description of CBR - have always wanted to stay there and am contemplating splitting our stay next year between a couple resorts (CBR and CSR are two contenders, and have to stay at BWV by renting points and AKL. We've only stayed at BWV and can't seem to get the family interested in staying somewhere else.)

Your rooms seemed to be in a perfect location - Barbados section is beautiful so that might be what we will request if we stay there. Did you have any noise from rooms next door or above you? The bus stop seems super convenient.

Your family seems to really get along great which makes for an even more enjoyable vacation. I thought it was so cute that your Mom enjoyed Soarin' and wanted to go back on. It is my fav ride at Epcot!

:cool1: about being the Family of the Day. I was just at Epcot this past weekend and no one was using the turnstile all the way to right. The CM was bored enough she was wiping the turnstile down making it shine.

Glad Grandma liked Soarin'. I did the same thing with TT. My MIL kept asking if it was like a rollercoaster, well to me, it's not a rollercoaster. So same result, she won't be riding again.

Love the Beverly pic!:rotfl:

I was so excited that he had such a great facial reaction to Beverly! It was great. I was surprised while we were there at how many turnstiles were open and available at all of the parks -- people seemed to only want to go through the ones to the left, so almost every time we were able to move to an empty turnstile to the right and get through much more quickly.

Love your TR so far. What day were you at Epcot? We noticed that the parks were not too crowded on the weekends.

This first day was Saturday, 18 Jul. We were AMAZED at how uncrowded it was...and Epcot wasn't the UOG recommended park that day, either! I had prepped everyone for huge crowds and they just didn't materialize at Epcot that day. That evening at MK it was fairly crowded (especially Main Street and Fantasyland), but still not too bad.

Really enjoying your TR! Love the description of CBR - have always wanted to stay there and am contemplating splitting our stay next year between a couple resorts (CBR and CSR are two contenders, and have to stay at BWV by renting points and AKL. We've only stayed at BWV and can't seem to get the family interested in staying somewhere else.)

Your rooms seemed to be in a perfect location - Barbados section is beautiful so that might be what we will request if we stay there. Did you have any noise from rooms next door or above you? The bus stop seems super convenient.

Your family seems to really get along great which makes for an even more enjoyable vacation. I thought it was so cute that your Mom enjoyed Soarin' and wanted to go back on. It is my fav ride at Epcot!

Thanks! We were on the second floor (top floor) at CBR and in a corner room. We didn't have any problems at all with noise from the room next to us. My parents were in the room next door at first, but the day they left another family came in with at least one son who looked about 16-18 years old (and they may have had two sons -- I can't remember). If we hadn't seen them coming and going, we never would have known there was anyone in the room. It was very quiet. We also saw groundskeeping crews all over the place but never heard any noise from lawnmowers, edgers, trimmers, etc. We loved how quiet it was!

As for getting along, the girls generally do fairly well but they definitely had their share of arguing and picking at each other during the trip. They don't really "fight" much but they definitely pick at each other and know how to push each other's buttons. :headache: But they're usually good girls and can get along pretty well. For a few nights during our trip, though, Minnie and I shared a bed and DH and Tinkerbell shared a bed because the girls were picking at each other so much and complaining about having to share a bed. It was easier to split them up than continue to listen to it! :sad2: But in general, they get along really well.

It sounds like you all had a perfect Epcot morning. I can't believe you only had to wait 10 minutes to meet the characters. I hope your good luck continues the rest of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter