Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

Whew, I finally caught up...took me all afternoon! :) I want to comment on so much but I just wanted to read it all first. I'll go back and comment later.

I haven't been on here for awhile...things have been crazy here. I fractured my leg August 10th :crutches:and then I started working August 24th. I haven't worked in quite a few years so it has been an adjustment.

Wait....you are having surgery:confused3??? I hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Things I learned after my surgery last summer...take care of you - take all the help you can get, get plenty of rest, take it day to day, don't try to do too much and again (and I can't stress this enough) take care of you. I know how hard it is for the caregiver to have to accept care from others. You got this! I'll be thinking of you.

Beth

Whew, I finally caught up...took me all afternoon! :) I want to comment on so much but I just wanted to read it all first. I'll go back and comment later.

I haven't been on here for awhile...things have been crazy here. I fractured my leg August 10th :crutches:and then I started working August 24th. I haven't worked in quite a few years so it has been an adjustment.

Wait....you are having surgery:confused3??? I hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Things I learned after my surgery last summer...take care of you - take all the help you can get, get plenty of rest, take it day to day, don't try to do too much and again (and I can't stress this enough) take care of you. I know how hard it is for the caregiver to have to accept care from others. You got this! I'll be thinking of you.

Beth

Yay, glad I could fill your day......lol I think I remember you posting about the leg breaking when I was in WDW.....but I forgot!!! How are you doing?? What are you doing for a job?? Congrats on getting back out there!!

Sent you a message on FB in regards to my surgery.

The other thing I learned after my surgeries was to take the meds as recommended as soon as they say to start!! I thought I was fine (as I was still full of good hospital pain killers) but woke up at like 2am thinking I was dying!!

The other thing I learned after my surgeries was to take the meds as recommended as soon as they say to start!! I thought I was fine (as I was still full of good hospital pain killers) but woke up at like 2am thinking I was dying!!

I've had enough surgeries & dental work to remember to keep on top of my pain killers. I always give that same advice!! (great minds think alike.....) ;)

Yay, glad I could fill your day......lol I think I remember you posting about the leg breaking when I was in WDW.....but I forgot!!! How are you doing?? What are you doing for a job?? Congrats on getting back out there!!

Sent you a message on FB in regards to my surgery.

I'm working in a library. It's part time. I love it. Circulation (checking books in and out).

OH BOY! Does that ever get me excited to stay at AoA! Cars didn't really look appealing to me, but your photos sure make me want my trip to HURRY UP!!

You had a really full day at DHS! Sorry about the rain and glitches. Seems like you made the best of things anyway.

Poor Shyann. I hope the down day will help settle her tummy. Hope you are doing okay.

The AoA sounds like fun. I'll have to go next time

It was a fun resort to look around at!

You had a really full day at DHS! Sorry about the rain and glitches. Seems like you made the best of things anyway.

Poor Shyann. I hope the down day will help settle her tummy. Hope you are doing okay.

We did get in lots at DHS even with the rain and shut downs.....lol Shy had a rough time...... :(

Hi Laurie, just checking in, hope you are feeling better xx

Thank You!!

Sorry about the long absence.....I had my surgery on the 25th and really expected to be upright and feeling good within a few days. I was supposed to spend the night after surgery in the hospital but was doing so good, they let me go home that night (10pm). Felt great to be home and in my own bed. Everything was going great until part of my body decided not to play nice and ended up in the Urgent Care for over 2 hours 3 days later. I am getting upright a little more each day but having major issues with sitting. It is very painful sitting and half of my booty is still tingly/numb and it's driving me nuts!! Gonna try and do a post or two today, as long as Photobucket behaves!!

After wandering around Art of Animations Cars area, we came upon the Nemo area. Just a couple pictures from here for now (more to follow later).

We decided to head into Animation Hall (lobby/food court/etc) to look around and also have lunch.

I loved this wall in the lobby!!

We entered the food court, Landscape of Flavor, to decide on our lunch. Here's a look around.

We all did the Build-Your-Own-Burger, which included chicken as well. Here's a small taste of our lunch order.

We sat in the Little Mermaid section.

Wow those burgers look really good. I am really hoping to do a day of resort hoping when we go. IF we go. Everything has been so crazy I am not counting on it till it gets a few months out. We have to make our ADRS in December but until we actually by the airfare and tickets I won't get excited cuz we have had to cancel before. But praying it works out. But anyway I really want to see AOA as it wasn't there last time as well as some others and check out the new Disney Springs.

So sorry to hear you are still having troubles. When I had my colon surgery they sent me home and it was stupid because mine was outpatient but probably should have been IN patient because I was really not doing well and my surgery was in the morning and by the evening my mom was the only one left waiting and I was pretty sick. They said they could admit me but I should have said yes cuz ended up in the ER the very next day. It too me a LONG time to recover from that surgery but I have done pretty well with this one. I hope you get to feeling better but just fyi my stomach is STILL numb 2 months later so just so you know it could take a while!

Love your trip, report so far, I will continue to follow along and catch up. We are going for the in Aug for the first time in that month. We have been in November, May, and June. We love staying at POP century it is our favorite! It will be myself my two daughters 7, and 9 and my little sister 12.

Glad you shared more about AOA, can't wait for my trip in May.
Also happy your feeling a little better now. Rest up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter