Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

Dinner eventually made it to us.......a slow go with having to wait on the chef to speak with us about the allergies at our table, took some time to get our drinks and then after ordering.....took a while to actually get our food. Dinner entrees were the NY Strip Steak, Build Your Own Burger, BBQ Pork Ribs, Sci-Fi Specialty Burger, Smoked Turkey Sandwich and kid Cheeseburger.

More pictures of inside the restaurant.

Our desserts: Glazed Doughnut with Cinnamon Apples & Ice Cream, Brownie with Ice Cream & Hot Fudge (regular & allergy), Vanilla Ice Cream & Sci-Fi Candy Bar.

Dinner was yummy but the wait is killer. This again was over a 2 hour dinner. So as soon as we were done, we hightailed it to the entrance to hopefully avoid getting stuck by the fireworks crowd. Derek took us a back route, thinking it would be best to avoid crowds....unfortunately, we hit a dead end because they close the area down for the fireworks so we had to backtrack. We did make it to one last Photopass photographer at the entrance/exit before the fireworks show.

We headed out to the bus stop and were back to the Pop Century before 10pm.

Last edited:
Yea I would be concerned about the kiddos. I am sure too with Michayla it's not like she understands to be careful. I hope you have plenty of help while you are healing. I'm sure you will do great!!

As for Sci Fi your food looked really tasty! We have eaten there twice I think. We only ever had lunch so I wasn't that impressed with it but that steak looked really good. If I remember correctly I think I heard that they are slow there. That is too bad but glad you were able to get out before the crowds.

Looks like the kiddos had fun so that's the important thing. :)

So many nice smiles; everyone looked thrilled to be there! We did it years ago, and we loved it too; the food was ok, but the theming was out of this world. Super fun place!

Yea I would be concerned about the kiddos. I am sure too with Michayla it's not like she understands to be careful. I hope you have plenty of help while you are healing. I'm sure you will do great!!

As for Sci Fi your food looked really tasty! We have eaten there twice I think. We only ever had lunch so I wasn't that impressed with it but that steak looked really good. If I remember correctly I think I heard that they are slow there. That is too bad but glad you were able to get out before the crowds.

Looks like the kiddos had fun so that's the important thing. :)

The food was very good but slow....... At least with the theme of the place, we had something to do to keep entertained.

So many nice smiles; everyone looked thrilled to be there! We did it years ago, and we loved it too; the food was ok, but the theming was out of this world. Super fun place!

......theming was out of this world........lol a little Sci-Fi humor!! :rotfl2:

August 12~~

We had a 4am wake-up call from Shyann throwing up again. Since she decided to do this a few times, I was up and went on to the Disney My Experience to make changes to our plans for the day. We were going to Animal Kingdom today with a "off/down" day tomorrow........we are going to flip flop the days and take it easier today and do Animal Kingdom on Thursday the 13th. I made the changes to our Fastpass+ choices and tried to catch a little more sleep. Shy rested a bit and then threw up one more time around 7am.....so at this point I was up. The rest of the group started waking up and we decided to just do breakfast in the room. Shy took a bath and perked up. I sorted laundry and once I had it started at the laundry room, we took the kids to the pool. Shy seemed to be doing great & was smiling and playing & even doing some swimming. I switched laundry and when I had it all back to the room & folded, we brought everyone in from the pool.

Since we had time, we'd walk over to check out the Art of Animation Resort. These are from Pop Century as we headed towards the bridge.

The bridge that connects the two resorts.

A little of the Nemo section as we headed to the Cars area.

Last edited:
We continued to the Cars section.....this was a neat area and reminded me a bit of the CarsLand at Disneyland. The big difference is when you step onto Route 66 in CarsLand.....you feel like you've stepped into Radiator Springs and are in the movie. The resort had a lot of the things that make up Radiator Springs, but it's just not the same feeling.

Nice update. I know I already knew this but that stinks about poor Shyann. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be esp when you didn't know what was making her sick at that point. So I must ask how hard is it to change fp the day of and did you get everything you wanted again?? That is my big fear. I know I probably won't get all the dinning I want like BOG but I figure I will just keep trying but esp the fp. Staying offsite we can't make ours till 30 days out and since we are going in June I am anticipating it being super crowded. Just wondering how easy it is to get stuff last minute. I don't even plan to try to get SDMT but just to go straight to it and wait in line. Love all the pics of the resorts. I am hoping we have time to go to several esp this one as it wasn't there last time we were there and I like to look around!

Nice update. I know I already knew this but that stinks about poor Shyann. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be esp when you didn't know what was making her sick at that point. So I must ask how hard is it to change fp the day of and did you get everything you wanted again?? That is my big fear. I know I probably won't get all the dinning I want like BOG but I figure I will just keep trying but esp the fp. Staying offsite we can't make ours till 30 days out and since we are going in June I am anticipating it being super crowded. Just wondering how easy it is to get stuff last minute. I don't even plan to try to get SDMT but just to go straight to it and wait in line. Love all the pics of the resorts. I am hoping we have time to go to several esp this one as it wasn't there last time we were there and I like to look around!

We were able to get the same FP+ selections but the times weren't near as good as I originally had set. We had Expedition Everest set first thing, followed by the safari and Kali River for the afternoon. Getting an early safari time last minute doesn't work....we did at least get one before noon....someone else must have made some changes. EE ended up being mid-late afternoon instead.......Kali always seemed to be afternoon times. So I think it will depend on the park and what you are wanting.

I would still try to get the 7 dwarfs.........you will probably be able to secure a time (could be later in the day but I'd take it)

I absolutely loved the Art of Animation Carsland section! I have never seen any pictures from any of that resort and I'd be hard pressed to want to stay in any other section....of course, I haven't seen the others. I am an Ariel fan, oh, and Nemo too....so I guess I'd have a hard time choosing. If my sister ends up going to WDW next year with her crew, I think they will stay at AoA.

I absolutely loved the Art of Animation Carsland section! I have never seen any pictures from any of that resort and I'd be hard pressed to want to stay in any other section....of course, I haven't seen the others. I am an Ariel fan, oh, and Nemo too....so I guess I'd have a hard time choosing. If my sister ends up going to WDW next year with her crew, I think they will stay at AoA.

I still have a few more pictures of this area to share. If I stayed there, I'd probably chose the Cars area.....but I also like the Lion King section. I'd love the Ariel section if it was like the rest of the resort but it's more like Pop Century (we didn't even get over to it, as we were told this info ahead of time). The Nemo area is very colorful & cheery.

Yum Sci Fi looks great, we enjoyed it also. Good for you for rolling with the punches and changing days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter