Wet as a frog, sick as a dog, bumps on a log! ~Spring Break 2012 TR ~UPDATE 3/14

LOVE your title and I've enjoyed reading your TR so far. You have a really cool Algebra teacher to give you those bonus questions!!!

Your poor grandpa - I hope he isn't sick but your TR title makes me think that he is. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your MK day!

LOVE your title and I've enjoyed reading your TR so far. You have a really cool Algebra teacher to give you those bonus questions!!!

Your poor grandpa - I hope he isn't sick but your TR title makes me think that he is. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your MK day!

Thank you so much! I got really lucky having a cool teacher with a not-so cool subject. It makes it that much more bearable. :rotfl:

As we ventured forth over into Fantasyland, we got to see the expansion. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

It is really looking great, but I didn't get any good pictures. You could really see the Beast's castle and Ariel's castle. Can I just say WOW?!

We were getting hungry at this point and we wanted to try something different, so we went somewhere we hadn't been in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Pinnochio's Village Haus.

In Magic, we normally eat at Pecos Bill's, but we wanted to try something a bit different, so we went here. We weren't really that impressed, mainly because of a lady working there who rudely told us we couldn't go through without food.

The food was good, but not exceptional.

My grandma, my mom, my grandpa, and I all got the parmesan chicken. However, my grandpa thought it had a bit too much sauce, (and it did), so he didn't really eat.

IMG_6172.jpg

My dad got the meatball sub. He said it was really good.

IMG_6173.jpg

And my little brother got the chicken nuggets.

IMG_6175.jpg

Overall we were satisfied, but it isn't going to be on our priority list next trip.

Well, I know you are all wondering what happens with my grandpa. Well, he was not feeling good at ALL...so he decided to go to the hotel.

Normally, my grandpa is a trooper, so we were really worried,but he ended up being okay. And, HE was the first one to see our POFQ rooms!!

After we ate, we decided to stay in the area and we rode SMALL WORLD!! ::yes::

IMG_6177.jpg

(Wow. I look really weird.)

Then, we headed over to the most amazing 4D experience in all of Disney World: Philharmagic!!

When Flounder swam up on the screen, some lady in front of us screams, "NEMO!!!!!!" Then, at the end...she tells her daughter, "Oh honey. Don't you just love Disney? You got to see AriEL and JasMEEN."

And she wasn't even foreign! Seriously, woman- learn your Disney.

Hall of Presidents was next and can we just stop to admire Elizabeth Monroe? I LOVE HER! And, seriously...if I would have gotten to wear amazing dresses like this one...I would have married a president in a heartbeat, too!

IMG_6181.jpg

After that, we headed over to Sleepy Hollow to get some DELICIOUS FUNNEL CAKE!!!

AHHHHHH!

This is by far, one of the most amazing foods ever. Are you starting to notice a trend with me and powdered sugar? You could put powdered sugar on DIRT, and I might eat it. :rotfl:

IMG_6183.jpg

I would also like you to take note of my bag. I am going to call this my SMART bag for this TR. An explanation will follow pretty soon, but don't worry about that now. Just remember the bag.

Continued in next post

She didn't know the difference between Flounder and Nemo??
Shameful!!!:sad2:

Seriously, who spends THAT kind of money on a vacation without knowing Disney??!

Great update!! I'm glad Grandpa was OK! And the meatball sub is making me hungry!!!!

Wooohooo!!! You have returned!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Grandpa will be o.k.

When we are in MK, we usually eat at Cosmic Rays. My family doesn't care for much Italian food like the parmesan chicken or meatball sub (great for me, yuck to them).

Philharmagic :3dglasses is my FAVORITE!!! Nemo??? Jasmeen?? :lmao:

Can't wait to read more!! popcorn::

I'm loving your trip report so far! I can't believe that you're only in 8th grade. You are very well spoken and mature for your age!

Great reports so far and I can't wait to hear the story behind the SMART bag. LOL!!

:thumbsup2

She didn't know the difference between Flounder and Nemo??
Shameful!!!:sad2:

Seriously, who spends THAT kind of money on a vacation without knowing Disney??!

Great update!! I'm glad Grandpa was OK! And the meatball sub is making me hungry!!!!

Oh, I know right? It's a shame, really.

Thanks so much!

Wooohooo!!! You have returned!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Grandpa will be o.k.

When we are in MK, we usually eat at Cosmic Rays. My family doesn't care for much Italian food like the parmesan chicken or meatball sub (great for me, yuck to them).

Philharmagic :3dglasses is my FAVORITE!!! Nemo??? Jasmeen?? :lmao:

Can't wait to read more!! popcorn::

Aw! Italian is the BEST. Cosmic Rays used to be our traditional MK quick meal. But, the past couple trips we have fell in love with Pecos Bill's. But, we REALLY wanted to be different.
I'm loving your trip report so far! I can't believe that you're only in 8th grade. You are very well spoken and mature for your age!

Great reports so far and I can't wait to hear the story behind the SMART bag. LOL!!

:thumbsup2

Thank you!! I'm not sure if you would say the same thing if you actually met me, though. :rotfl2: I tend to be a bit loud and not necessarily well spoken, but um....OUTspoken. :rolleyes1

Thanks for joining in!!

Enjoying your TR!

Thank you!!

I am back! I am so so so so sorry! My life has been very exciting recently because I am OUT OF SCHOOL!

And you know what that means! I am officially a freshman now. I do not know whether to be excited or scared...:confused3

Anyways, though, I plan on hanging around for a while until I go vacation, but no worries. I have not abandoned you guys!!
---------------------------------------

After we finished our amazing funnel cake, we decided to hit two more attractions and then call it a day. After all, we had some crab with our name on it that night.

First, we had to use our Peter Pan fastpasses!

IMG_6198.jpg

Then, we were off to our last attraction of the day!

What, you ask, was this special attraction?

Why, none other than the home of me in my past life!!

IMG_6191.jpg

See?! Told you so!

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6188_edited-1.jpg

The new cue is ADORABLE! I definitely recommend going through it at LEAST once. Once you get to the point where you have to choose between "graveyard" or not, choose graveyard. I promise that it will not be much longer than the other one. By the time you get to the decision point, the line is moving quickly anyways.

As much as I LOVE this ride, it is the ride that seems to me that stops the most, whether it is for handicaps or break downs. We stopped 4 times!

We said our goodbyes to the castle and caught a bus to the Yacht Club!!

Can I please just stop to have a moment of silence as we all think about the wonder and amazement that is: The Yacht and Beach Club.

My dream resort! I am really pressing for us to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts our next trip.

IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6214_edited-1.jpg

Hello World...;)

IMG_6218.jpg

We met up with my grandpa (who was feeling a lot better), checked in at Captain's Grille and got seated immediately.

IMG_6230.jpg

We had an amazing waitress named Michelle, however her name tag said Pat, because she had left hers at home.:rotfl: She was SO on top of things and energetic. She offered us great advice about a number of things concerning Disney and even told us kind of what it is like to work at Disney.

My Papaw and Blake both got the Snow Crab Legs. They were A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!
IMG_6227_edited-1.jpg

My mom, dad, and Mamaw all got the Rib Eye. It was delicious, too.
IMG_6224.jpg

And I got the New York Strip steak. It was so delicious!! Seriously...they must be feeding these cattle candy or something. It was so tender and sweet and juicy. It was just so- UNDESCRIBABLE!
IMG_6226.jpg

And now, for the best part. DESSERT!!!! Oh my Mickey Mouse. By far my favorite food in ALL of Disney World...maybe even the universe.

IMG_6233.jpg

I was so full after my meal, that I got my dessert to go and had it for breakfast the next morning. It is all so filling there!!!!!

After we finished up and said our goodbyes, we all headed out to the lighthouse and hopped on a boat! We were going to finally see our room (except for my grandpa who had been napping).

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6247.jpg

However, when we got to our room, we were met with a surprise. Stay tuned!!

Continued in next post

Glad to see you back. Thanks for the great report on Captains Grille. We leave for Beach Club next week and plan on a dinner there so it was good to see the pictures of the yummy food! BC/YC is our favorite resort. This will be our 4th summer in a row there! :) Glad your grandpa is on the mend!

Subbing :banana:
I cannot wait to see what the surprise is, it looks like you guys had a great time. We are staying at POFQ I am looking forward to hearing about your rooms.

Just read your last post. I know you must have been busy with end-of-school-year activities. Glad you are back. Captain's Grille looks yummy! I'm putting that on my must-do list for the next trip.

Glad to see you back. Thanks for the great report on Captains Grille. We leave for Beach Club next week and plan on a dinner there so it was good to see the pictures of the yummy food! BC/YC is our favorite resort. This will be our 4th summer in a row there! :) Glad your grandpa is on the mend!

I totally recommend it! It was our first time to eat there, but it is definitely in my top 3 favorite Disney restaurants of all time. Have a Disney-tastic trip!!:)

Subbing :banana:
I cannot wait to see what the surprise is, it looks like you guys had a great time. We are staying at POFQ I am looking forward to hearing about your rooms.

Woohoo!

Well, as you will see soon, our surprise was not exactly a good one, but I do not mean to scare you off. We have stayed at POFQ MANY times, and LOVE it. Disney just had an off moment with us and they totally made it all up to us. It was just shocking. Have an amazing trip!!

Just read your last post. I know you must have been busy with end-of-school-year activities. Glad you are back. Captain's Grille looks yummy! I'm putting that on my must-do list for the next trip.

Definitely check out CG. It was an experience I was iffy about...until I got there. Oh my Mickey Mouse- I will never miss it again. It is a good change. It is formal and nice, but you can still show up in your park day attire and not feel out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter