Wet as a frog, sick as a dog, bumps on a log! ~Spring Break 2012 TR ~UPDATE 3/14

Thank you!

To me, Spring Break is the PERFECT time! We are actually doing Disneyland this year at Spring Break!

We are just south of Houston and I must admit-the drive is SO long! But, I just fill the ride with Disney movies and Disney music...oh, and of course...naps. I have cousins that age and I can not IMAGINE driving all the way to Orlando with them. But, I am sure that it will all be worth it at the end of the trip. My first trip was at age 3. I of course do not remember it, but the pictures are SO fun!! :goodvibes

Luckily, my little Army brats are used to long trips lol. We're driving from North Kansas to South East Texas...staying for a week...then heading to WDW.

Luckily, my little Army brats are used to long trips lol. We're driving from North Kansas to South East Texas...staying for a week...then heading to WDW.

Well that is definitely a plus! No matter how many cross country road trips I have taken, I never get use to them. I care a lot more about the destination than the journey lol. I hope you have a great trip!

The next morning, we woke up bright and early to head over to the Main Street Bakery...

...FOR THE LAST TIME. WAH!

Although, I must admit, I am excited for the Starbucks. But, still, Main Street just has so many memories and GOOD food!

Blake and my mom had a couple blueberry muffins, my dad had a coffee cake, and I had the Apple turnover. It was SO good!

IMG_6521_edited-1_zps3b88b594.jpg

IMG_6522_zps671dbb2e.jpg

GOOD MORNING MAIN STREET!

IMG_6523_zpsb57adbcf.jpg

IMG_6523_edited-1_zps83c1ff4f.jpg

IMG_6525_zps0e877479.jpg

We wanted to go catch an early ride on Jungle Cruise so we went left at the castle and journeyed over to Adventureland!

First, though, Blake had to get a picture with Casey!

IMG_6526_zpse13c21c2.jpg

We saw Ariel and Eric and my mom really wanted to get a picture with them. I really did, too, but the line was REALLY long and we were on a mission to JC! We waited for about 10 minutes before deciding we needed to keep moving. SO we cheated instead and got some photos anyways.

IMG_6527_zps556aa24c.jpg

IMG_6531_zps18ca7204.jpg

:hyper: I WANT TO BE HER SO BAD! :hyper:

We ran into a family from our church, actually, on our way haha.

jk It's a small world after all! kj

We then got a call from my grandparents. They had just arrived at the park and were headed to the barbershop. My grandpa wanted to get a Disney haircut. :lmao:

We FINALLY made it to the Irrawaddy Irma.

IMG_6535_zpscafdcd35.jpg

IMG_6532_zps8848e157.jpg

I absolutely love the Jungle Cruise! I never stop laughing no matter how many times I have ridden it. :goodvibes

When I get accepted into the DCP (there are no ifs...I WILL get accepted, no matter how many times I have to apply hahaha), my top choice will be entertainment. I REALLY want to work as a face character/fur character, but if that does not work out for me attractions is right up on top of the list. Even though I know that I will not be able to pick my location, my DREAM is to be a JC skipper or a Kilimanjaro driver.

We had a good skipper. She was really funny, but you could tell it was just a job for her. Oh well, I guess Disney is just not a lifestyle for majority of the world. :rotfl2:

I felt like gettin' my tiki on, so off to the Enchanted Tiki Room we went! The attractions attendant left the room during our show, so there was basically no supervision. This one little got off his bench and ran to the center of the floor and started dancing. It was adorable until about ten of his friends decided to join him and they started singing AKA screeching with rhythm. It was terrifying. Also, during the part when the wall tikis start singing and chanting, most of the tiki's mouths were not opening, and the ones who were opening were making this loud mechanical sound.

So, get this visual: about ten or so little kids creaming and dancing in the middle of the theater while these things on the walls are making this loud click sound. It was arguably the scariest moment I have ever experienced at Disney.

Continued in next post

Alright everybody (or nobody...depending how many people have stuck with me this long hahaha), so I wanted to deviate a little bit from our current path. Just hang with me. This will be short, I promise.

I have some very very VERY big news! Within the past few months, we have booked not one...but TWO Disney trips!!

This year marks the 11th year since our Disneyland trip and we really wanted to go back (oh who am I kidding? we NEEDED to go back!). So, we have a trip booked for Spring Break which is in approximately, oh I do not know...

25 DAYS!

I am not even lying. 25 days! Eeeeppp!! But, it is not ONLY Disneyland.

We are going to fly to Cali and do 3 days at Disneyland/Cali Adv. We will also do 2 days at Universal Studios. Then, we will rent a car and drive down to San Diego. We will do two days at the SD Zoo and maybe spend a day at the beach or maybe just doing some sightseeing. After that, we will fly home!

I am really excited for this trip and I just can not even believe we are actually going back to DISNEYLAND!

Secondly, I am taking a semi-solo trip! I am going with my choir for 4 days in April. So, not completely alone...but solo from my family, which is something I have never done before.

We are flying down there and we have four days to basically do whatever we want. We can go to any park and eat where ever we want which is really exciting especially for me who absolutely LOVES adventure and independence.

I know a few people going, but not very well, so that will be a journey! But, I am sure that it will work out.

My parents also decided to take a trip at the same time, however they are staying at a separate resort and are actually staying for a few extra days. I am going to try to meet up with them at some point and eat or meal together or something, but I guess we will see how it goes.

Overall, I am just really excited. This is all so surreal and I can not believe that at the moment, I have TWO Disney trips coming up!!

No one pinch me, please!

Enjoyed your update. I too will miss Main Street Bakery....I wish they would have had the disney program when I was in college. maybe they did but they didn't have the internet back then so I never knew about it!:rotfl2: That is great on your two trips coming up! I hope you do a TR on disneyland. That is one place I wouuld consider for 2014 spring break....I NEED my WDW fix in June of each year but DL could have some potential over spring break! Lucky you!

Enjoyed your update. I too will miss Main Street Bakery....I wish they would have had the disney program when I was in college. maybe they did but they didn't have the internet back then so I never knew about it!:rotfl2: That is great on your two trips coming up! I hope you do a TR on disneyland. That is one place I wouuld consider for 2014 spring break....I NEED my WDW fix in June of each year but DL could have some potential over spring break! Lucky you!

I am SO excited to apply in...4 years. Bleh. I wish there was high school program haha. I plan n doing a TR for both trips. Probably a joint TR, but I have to finish this one first! This has been the longest TR in the history of the DIS. But I WILL finish!

Hi everyone! I have a few things to inform you guys about.

1) I am in Disneyland right now!! Yeah, I know-pretty big deal. I am actually sitting out on my balcony watching Wishes as I type this short update. My life is so magical right now. We only visited Disney itself for 3 days, and then we have pent a couple days at Universal, a day at Long Beach, and we head to the San Diego Zoo tomorrow. This eads me up to number two!

2) I will be starting a new trip report VERY soon. Hopefully this weekend or coming week. SO keep your eyes peeled. I will be posting a link on here as soon as I get it posted. It is going to be a short report (since we were only there for 3 days) but it will be VERY action packed. I hope all of you guys can join me! I am in the process of editing all of my pictures from Disney right now, and I get si excited about the report just THINKING about it!!

3) SINCE I will be starting a new one soon, I am going to VERY quickly wrap this one up. I was actually almost done with this one, but instead of going into a lot of detail...I am just going to pick a few highlights from the remainder of the trip. I will throw them together in a few last updates and that will be it! Our long long long long loooooooooong-did I mention it was long?- trip report will be over! I will be so sad, but also SO relived. I think we all will be- I mean come on. This is the trip report that never ends!!

4) Lastly, I have a Disney WORLD trip ocmiong up in 41 days, AND I plan on doing a report for that one. So, that gives me a little more than a month to get this report AND my Disneyland report all done and out the door. I may not have the best track record with being a fast writer, but I promise-I will give my all!

Also, I want to thank everyone who is still reading along for sticking with me. I know it's been bumpy, but we are almost there!! LIGHT IS AT THE END OF THE TUNNELL!!!

So-LET'S DO THIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter