• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wet as a frog, sick as a dog, bumps on a log! ~Spring Break 2012 TR ~UPDATE 3/14

Your Grandpa sounds FUN!!! I feel for your little brother, he probably felt really bad after that, and like you said, he was probably just tired from 2 days of driving. I get like that too, and I'm the MOM! Moms aren't supposed to lose it! ;)

Great update!!

P.S. Does little brother get a volcano later in the trip???:sad1: And does Grandpa forgive little brother???:flower3:

Oh, believe me. He IS fun. My brother was just at his wits end...as were the rest of us haha. But, it worked out. My brother talked to him later and it was all good.

I think MY mom would agree with you. But, it's alright. If you got through what my mom has to go through daily...then you deserve a moment to blow off steam. :goodvibes

Sadly, my brother never got his volcano...but he's really not much of a dessert person anyways. The Volcano was mainly just for the rest of us so we could feel good about giving my brother something special...while still getting to enjoy it ourselves.

We are a very selfish family. :rolleyes1

Hi LKDQ (sorry I'm a lazy typer since I do it all day long)

This is a great beginning to a trip report and you are a fantastic story teller. I'm looking forward to the next installment. :cool2:

No worries. My fault for chosing such a long name. :confused3 But you can just call me Abby or Queenie. :goodvibes

Thank you! I'M glad that you are joining us!! :)

Howdy from a fellow Texan! I'm enjoying your trip report. Your school curriculum sounds pretty cool with a criminal justice class and mock trials in 8th grade! My son is in 7th, and I'm sure he would enjoy a class like that. We've never been brave enough to make the drive from Texas...that's a looong drive!! Looking forward to following along with your spring break trip!

Yeehaw! :thumbsup2 We have another Texan in the house!!! ;) I'm actually at a GT (Gifted and Talented) Academy. It is a new addition to our district as of this year and I am LOVING it. :love: We just added a big portable building to one of our junior high campuses and threw all the GT kids (if they wanted to come) in the building. We just have a little more fast-paced and advanced curriculum and we combined our Reading and English classes so we all have an "off-period." We can choose one out of 6 courses each six weeks and they all change each six weeks. I actually just started my new "mini-course" today- THEATER!!! Woohoo! They cut theater out of our junior highs and middle schools the year before I got here, so I am psyched that I am going to have the opportunity for a little more exposure before high school next year.

I am going to admit- the drive is painful and long, but if you just keep in mind where you will be when it isover...you'll survive. I promise. :goodvibes

Count me in!!! Cant wait to hear more!!!

Yay! Glad you're on board. Hold on tight because you're in for a wild ride! :goodvibes

Hey, Wings! I have not talked to you in FOREVER either. Oh my goodness. This is like a big huge DIS TB family reunion!! :grouphug:

Thanks for joining in! And how is life in Wings' world?;)

Hey!!!!!! I hsave't talked to you in forever either!

Life is good. Getting so close to the end of the school year! :hyper: And then hopefully the DIS will be active! :thumbsup2

And I'm going to Cali the week after the school year ends, and two days of it I'm going to Disneyland for the first time! :woohoo: Should be fun!

Can't wait for an update!

I'm enjoying your great TR! I'm a displaced Texan and miss it almost as much as I miss Disney!! Can't wait for the next day of your trip.

COUNT ME IN! I am 13 too!:)

I loved how your teacher did the Disney extra credit thing. Your so lucky to have an awesome teacher!

Can`t wait for your next update!:goodvibes

Erin!! Haven't talked to you in FOREVER! How are you?!

Hey! I know...haven't been on the DIS much. Hopefully I'll be on more when school lets out! And I expect you here too, missy! :P I'm great! Busy with school, but that's normal. And how are you?

That's too bad about your brother being upset. When I read that about your grandpa I started laughing really hard! It sounds like something my dad would do :laughing:

Hey!!!!!! I hsave't talked to you in forever either!

Life is good. Getting so close to the end of the school year! :hyper: And then hopefully the DIS will be active! :thumbsup2

And I'm going to Cali the week after the school year ends, and two days of it I'm going to Disneyland for the first time! :woohoo: Should be fun!

Can't wait for an update!

Glad to hear! I KNOW!!! ACTIVE DIS=ACTIVE TB! And ACTIVE TB= I GO BACK TO HAVING NO LIFE AND SPENDING ALL MY TIME ON TB...which is NOT a bad thing!!!:yay:

Woohoo! Have fun in Cali...ESPECIALLY DL. Do I see a trip report in your future for you summer trip? ;)

I'm enjoying your great TR! I'm a displaced Texan and miss it almost as much as I miss Disney!! Can't wait for the next day of your trip.

I'm pretty sure that it is a crime to miss something as much as Disney...but I guess I won't report you because you did use the word, "almost." ;)

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

COUNT ME IN! I am 13 too!:)

I loved how your teacher did the Disney extra credit thing. Your so lucky to have an awesome teacher!

Can`t wait for your next update!:goodvibes

Woohoo! Another youngsta'. Not that many of us except over on the Teen Boards. I haven't seen you over there. You should go check it out...unless I've just missed you. Which is likely haha. :lmao:

Thanks so much!

Hey! I know...haven't been on the DIS much. Hopefully I'll be on more when school lets out! And I expect you here too, missy! :P I'm great! Busy with school, but that's normal. And how are you?

That's too bad about your brother being upset. When I read that about your grandpa I started laughing really hard! It sounds like something my dad would do :laughing:

Same here. School has eaten my life!! Ugh! I plan on being here!! I made a vow that I will be super active on the next Post Waster Thread.

I'm practically perfect in every way! :goodvibes And I'm glad to hear that you are doing good, as well. ;)

Yeah. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my grandpa? :love:

Glad to hear! I KNOW!!! ACTIVE DIS=ACTIVE TB! And ACTIVE TB= I GO BACK TO HAVING NO LIFE AND SPENDING ALL MY TIME ON TB...which is NOT a bad thing!!!:yay:

Woohoo! Have fun in Cali...ESPECIALLY DL. Do I see a trip report in your future for you summer trip? ;)

I'm pretty sure that it is a crime to miss something as much as Disney...but I guess I won't report you because you did use the word, "almost." ;)

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Woohoo! Another youngsta'. Not that many of us except over on the Teen Boards. I haven't seen you over there. You should go check it out...unless I've just missed you. Which is likely haha. :lmao:

Thanks so much!

Same here. School has eaten my life!! Ugh! I plan on being here!! I made a vow that I will be super active on the next Post Waster Thread.

I'm practically perfect in every way! :goodvibes And I'm glad to hear that you are doing good, as well. ;)

Yeah. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my grandpa? :love:

Hmm.........maybe I do see one in that crystal ball.........

The next morning, we woke up fairly early, packed our few belongings, and headed out.

We were headed home!!

That's right. We were going to go check into POFQ!!

*cue crowd cheering*

In a few minutes, we arrived HOME!! :littleangel:

We headed to go check in and were informer that our rooms weren't quite ready. But, we expected that, so we left them our numbers so they could text us (Disney is so tech-savvy) and we went to go grab a bite at, well...only one of the most amazing places ever:

SASSAGOULA FLOATWORKS!!

This trip, we sadly never got to eat dinner here, but we had ample breakfasts. And considering I never eat breakfast at home, and I actually LIKE food there...it's an accomplishment.

Beignets. All day, every day.

Yeah. I know...I'm hardcore.;)

So, my grandpa and my brother each used their first snack credit on biscuits and gravy, my mom and dad each got a cinnamon roll, and my Mamaw and I SPLIT 6 BEIGNETS!!!

After, stuffing ourselves, we headed out to catch a MK bus.

On the way out, I saw a mom who had just checked in scream at her 3 or 4 year old daughter, "I told you to get the suitcase, you little piece of poop!! And where is it right now?! It's still in the freaking car, because SOMEONE was too busy asking about what we were gonna do today. You are gonna be sorry. Are you listening to me?!?!?!?! SORRY, poop, sorry." Then, right in the lobby...she slapped her daughter.

Did I mention the girl was 3 or 4?

I mean, oh my goodness. I understand a little scolding for that, but even then...wait til you're in private. And can you blame the girl for being curious? I mean c'mon! They were at Disney! IT was probably the girl's first visit.

Well,what is her welcome gift? A slap in the face. Oh, and the regal title of...poop.

WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD- WHERE WISHES AND DREAMS COME TRUE!

Ha. Poor kid.

ANYWAYS, though... on our way to the bus, my grandpa remembered that he still needed to cash a check he had forgotten to cash before we left, so my grandma and him took the car and went go find a Chase bank.

So, the other 4 of us got on our first bus of the week. :hyper:

A very important moment, if you ask me.

Pretty soon...we were in MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

IMG_6153_edited-1.jpg

We walked right in and headed our usual route over to Tomorrowland.

IMG_6161.jpg

And guess what?!

THE TOMORROWLAND TERRACE NOODLE STATION WAS OPEN!!!

I legit think that is the first time EVER it has been open while I've been there.

No joke.

Well, my dad went to grab us some Buzz Lightyear fastpasses as my mom, my brother, and I got in lie for Space Mountain. The wait said 30 minutes, but it ended up being 80. :eek:

Yeah. We weren't too thrilled about that...but hey. You gotta live hardcore to be hardcore. :goodvibes #LH2BH

We luckily got the good track. I've heard rumor that it is a little rougher and has 10 extra feet of track. It certainly feels like it. Can anyone verify this?

Then, we used our Buzz Lightyear fastpasses and my dad totally whooped our butts.

I am too embarrassed to make the scores public.

Then, my grandparents met up with us and we headed over to the Laugh Floor.

My joke gut used! Haha. I sent in a different joke one every body's phone in our family. And for some reason, a joke that has never got used before (I've been sending it in the past few years), is the one that got used.

"Why does a cow wear a bell?" "Because his HORNS don't work!!" HONK HONK!

Yeah. Well, whatever...

Then we moved around like peoples on, you guessed it...the People Mover.

IMG_6166.jpg

It was about that time that my grandpa started to feel a little funny. SO, he made a very important decision.

What was that decision, you ask?

Well, THAT is what you will find out next! I know this was a short update and I'm sorry, but I'm tired. I've had standardized test all week. :sad2:

Continued in next post

There is no next post yet, skip over me and see if it is next:rotfl:

You are an excellent writer.

There is no next post yet, skip over me and see if it is next:rotfl:

You are an excellent writer.

:goodvibes

Thanks so much! I used to always write little books and all these imaginary stories, then I got to where I am (8th grade) and am hit with a bunch of informational and persuasive papers, and my little creative self kind of shrunk to the back. I am trying to draw it back out. :goodvibes Thanks for joining!

I would love to eat beignets every day!!!

I read the part about living hard core, and then it makes me sing that song from School of Rock!:music:

I can't wait to read about grandpa (hope he's ok)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter