"WE'RE AT MINI DISNEY!" Our First Visit to Disney's Hilton Head Resort UPDATEx2 10/31

I have been so horrible commenting on any trip reports, I'm not sure I have commented on any of your recent ones!! I am reading them all though and I do follow you on Instagram!!:thumbsup2 Lol..I feel like its a TR sneak peek.

Anyway I read on your Christmas TR you are going to Disney in October, I'll be there the 1-5..what day are you arriving?? I think I am just going to miss you!!!

Looks like college is going welL!!! and you and Preston are tooooo cute!! So is the fam!

Don't know why I picked this report to comment on! But I'll be sure to comment more frequently on all of them!

So when you said that you had been stung by a jellyfish, the first thing I thought of was that Friends episode where they're in Montauk and Monica get stung. But I'm glad that your sting wasn't THAT bad!

I was thinking the same thing.

The details may not be "DIS appropriate" but the scene where they reveal the story is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

•That beach looks fantastic.
•Wow, jellyfish and stingrays! Crazy! I'm glad you are alright, though.
•Yay, I have that Minnie tank. Love it.
•The resort looks so pretty.
•The trees are gorgeous!
•Cute family pics.
•Can't wait for more!!!!

I mean the Mickey Mouse white semi cropped tshirt one?
Wait or is it Minnie? I can't tell because of your hair :rotfl:
This one!
dsc0215kh.jpg

Ugghhh stupid money...or lack of. Always trying to ruin potential Disney trips. Boo Hiss!:sad2:

Ahhhh it looks so pretty at the beach there!
A little creepy with all the stingrays and jellyfish but still sooo pretty!!!

It's so cute how your mum is always making friends with everyone!:goodvibes

Gahhh I ALWAYS get shampoo in my eyes. It's ridiculous! They need to make 'no more tears' shampoo for adults because for some reason keeping that stuff out of my eyes is a challenge at the best of times. And it BURNS!!!

You and Preston are so cute! You got some great photos!
I love the hand holding walking away one- dorm room wall collage worthy I would even say... :thumbsup2

Oh yeah, it's Mickey! That one is from Target :goodvibes
Ha yeah, money sucks. :sad2: We want to go to Disney SO bad together... but I guess we will just have to wait it out. We wanted to go over Spring break, but Preston's jobs this summer were kind of a mess so he didn't make as much money as he was hoping to. And on top of college eating away our life savings... it just hinders the fun. :headache:
It was beautiful! Yeah, I couldn't believe I was swimming and those things were in the water!
Bahaha she always does!
I know! I should seriously just go back to the Loreal Kids! That stuff was awesome. :lmao:
Aww thank you! Haha I'm pretty sure I have it hanging in here somewhere!

Aw, you and Preston are adorable, just sayin.

Aww thank you so much! :goodvibes

So when you said that you had been stung by a jellyfish, the first thing I thought of was that Friends episode where they're in Montauk and Monica get stung. But I'm glad that your sting wasn't THAT bad!

At least for me, once I have one clumsy thing happen, that's just how the rest of my day is going to go.

Booooooo for sassy CMs! But at least the food was yummy!

I'm sure they hear this a lot, but your dad and brother look so much alike! They're even making the same face in both of the family pictures!

Can you believe I have never seen that one!? It sounds funny though. :laughing:
Haha it's all part of the frump life. :thumbsup2
Yeah it was good!
Haha they do look a lot alike! I can totally see that. People tell me I look like my Dad all the time, too. They tell me I look like my Mom too, though. :upsidedow

I have been so horrible commenting on any trip reports, I'm not sure I have commented on any of your recent ones!! I am reading them all though and I do follow you on Instagram!!:thumbsup2 Lol..I feel like its a TR sneak peek.

Anyway I read on your Christmas TR you are going to Disney in October, I'll be there the 1-5..what day are you arriving?? I think I am just going to miss you!!!

Looks like college is going welL!!! and you and Preston are tooooo cute!! So is the fam!

Don't know why I picked this report to comment on! But I'll be sure to comment more frequently on all of them!

That's okay! Don't even worry! :) And oh good, I'm glad you're following me! I hope I'm following you back! If not, just comment on one of my pictures and let me know who you are!

Yes I am! I am arriving on the night of the 4th and staying until the 8th. So I won't be out and about until the day you're leaving. Booo :(

It is! Aww thank you so much!

Haha you can comment anywhere you like - I always read them! Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing.

The details may not be "DIS appropriate" but the scene where they reveal the story is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

Haha I need to watch this episode!

•That beach looks fantastic.
•Wow, jellyfish and stingrays! Crazy! I'm glad you are alright, though.
•Yay, I have that Minnie tank. Love it.
•The resort looks so pretty.
•The trees are gorgeous!
•Cute family pics.
•Can't wait for more!!!!

It was lovely!
I know, crazy stuff, right!?
Don't you love it so much!? It's like the cutest shirt ever.
It was beautiful there!
Thank you!

The beach!! Oh man, I love the beach. It is slightly terrifying when you can't even know what the heck is in the water with you. I still love it though. I can't believe you got stung by a jelly! That thought terrifies me! Did the pain subside quickly even without putting anything on it? I have heard that...vinegar? Or something like that helps. IDK though. (Definitely heard what they did on Friends was a myth! :rotfl: Monica's jelly sting was so painful she couldn't even walk back...was it that bad?)

What a pleasant day with Preston and your family! It sounds so dreamy! I love it. Can't wait for more!

Season 4, Episode 1: "The One with the Jellyfish".

But it's a continuation from the Season 3 finale episode.

Ahh thank you! Next time I'm watching my Friends DVD's I'll watch that one!

The beach!! Oh man, I love the beach. It is slightly terrifying when you can't even know what the heck is in the water with you. I still love it though. I can't believe you got stung by a jelly! That thought terrifies me! Did the pain subside quickly even without putting anything on it? I have heard that...vinegar? Or something like that helps. IDK though. (Definitely heard what they did on Friends was a myth! :rotfl: Monica's jelly sting was so painful she couldn't even walk back...was it that bad?)

What a pleasant day with Preston and your family! It sounds so dreamy! I love it. Can't wait for more!

I love it too... but I agree! It's really scary!
I know, I couldn't believe it either! Yeah the pain actually went away really fast. It wasn't a bad sting at all. My leg had some bumps on it and you could see where I got stung... but it faded away by itself. It was not as bad as Monica's! :laughing:

It was really wonderful! Thank you!

We are leaving late night on the 5th so if you stop into MK on the 5th maybe we will run into eachother!! Where are you guys staying??

We are leaving late night on the 5th so if you stop into MK on the 5th maybe we will run into eachother!! Where are you guys staying??

I know I'm going to the Halloween Party on the 5th but I don't know what I'm doing during the day yet. And Caribbean Beach! :goodvibes

Well, what a super stinking cute trip report this is!!!! :goodvibes

I'm very excited to read it, since we are seriously considering DVC and I was anxious to read about some of the "other" Disney resorts. HHI looks like SO MUCH FUN!!

And the rooms are beautiful!

Very fun reviews of the resort, the pin trading (yay!), the food (yum!) and the beach. Well, except for the jelly fish. I've been stung before too, and it's no fun. :scared:

I'm excited to read about the rest of your vacation and I see you're headed to Disneyland soon, too!! I grew up on the east coast, so WDW was "my" Disney park. Then I got married and moved west. The first Disney park my kids went to was Disneyland (a 9 hour drive from my house). When I went through the arches there, and was on Main Street and saw the castle for the first time, I thought, "Are they kidding? This is NOT a castle." Then the park grew on me and now I much prefer the MK in Disneyland over Disney World. It's so weird, I don't know what it is....maybe it's because Walt's fingerprints are all over it, but it is such a sweet place to be. So charming, so lovely, just so darn much fun. And I get a little misty everytime I'm on Main St. in Disneyland and see the light shining brightly in Walt's firehouse apartment window. *sniff*

You will LOVE the Magic Kingdom there...absolutely love it, and I can't wait to see what you and your family think about it. :goodvibes

Diane princess:

I can’t believe you got stung by a jelly fish :( That must have really hurt.

The food looks really good! And I love how it’s in the Disney parks containers! :-)

Wow, the beach is beautiful!

Well, what a super stinking cute trip report this is!!!! :goodvibes

I'm very excited to read it, since we are seriously considering DVC and I was anxious to read about some of the "other" Disney resorts. HHI looks like SO MUCH FUN!!

And the rooms are beautiful!

Very fun reviews of the resort, the pin trading (yay!), the food (yum!) and the beach. Well, except for the jelly fish. I've been stung before too, and it's no fun. :scared:

I'm excited to read about the rest of your vacation and I see you're headed to Disneyland soon, too!! I grew up on the east coast, so WDW was "my" Disney park. Then I got married and moved west. The first Disney park my kids went to was Disneyland (a 9 hour drive from my house). When I went through the arches there, and was on Main Street and saw the castle for the first time, I thought, "Are they kidding? This is NOT a castle." Then the park grew on me and now I much prefer the MK in Disneyland over Disney World. It's so weird, I don't know what it is....maybe it's because Walt's fingerprints are all over it, but it is such a sweet place to be. So charming, so lovely, just so darn much fun. And I get a little misty everytime I'm on Main St. in Disneyland and see the light shining brightly in Walt's firehouse apartment window. *sniff*

You will LOVE the Magic Kingdom there...absolutely love it, and I can't wait to see what you and your family think about it. :goodvibes

Diane princess:

Aww thank you so much!

I would SERIOUSLY recommend DVC. If you are going to be traveling to Disney anyways, it is REALLY worth the investment. It pays for itself in 6 years and you get to keep it for 45!! Like I said in my other trip report, my parents' only regret is that they didn't invest in it sooner!

And HHI was SO wonderful! We loved it there! I just loved all of the Disney touches - they were perfect!

Aww that's such a wonderful story. WDW will always be my home because I am an east coast girl, but I know that I am going to have a very special spot in my heart for DLR. I absolutely adore Walt and knowing that he actually stepped foot in Disneyland just makes me so happy. I can't wait to go! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

I can’t believe you got stung by a jelly fish :( That must have really hurt.

The food looks really good! And I love how it’s in the Disney parks containers! :-)

Wow, the beach is beautiful!

I know! It did hurt. It wasn't as bad as you would think, but it was definitely a pain!

It was! I know - like I said, lots of Disney touches!

Very pretty!

The thing I love about this picture is Preston in the back with a face that says "What the heck is goin' on here?"

Hahaha we're a couple of weirdos.

Do they have the Disney Parks music on the iTunes store or did you get them somewhere else? If you did, where?

No I got it from the WDW Music Collection CD you can buy at the parks.

Lovin the report! I really like all Disney touches at HH to make you feel at "home" :goodvibes
I got stung by a jellyfish before in my....erhmm.....bum. :rotfl2: It did NOT feel good!

Joining in!! You and Preston are so cute!! I am so jealous of your Disney Store shopping spree!!!! Wow, HH is gorgeous! I know I saw some of your pictures on Instagram, but they look so much prettier on my computer screen!!!

Is it out of print or something because I cannot find it online. Besides, I would die to make my own WDW CD.

No, it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001LXSQBK/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Joining in!! You and Preston are so cute!! I am so jealous of your Disney Store shopping spree!!!! Wow, HH is gorgeous! I know I saw some of your pictures on Instagram, but they look so much prettier on my computer screen!!!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes Ahh that was so much fun. I'm glad I worked all summer! :rotfl: HHI was absolutely wonderful! Thanks for following along on instagram! And I'm glad you like my pictures!

Update #6: San Miguel’s
August 18th, 2012

The restaurant was in Shelter Cove, so we had to walk through the harbor to get there. That made for some beautiful photo opportunities!

dsc0134wo.jpg

CLOSE UP!

dsc0135xfi.jpg

Deer faces all around!

dsc0137ix.jpg

dsc0138jz.jpg

"LET'S TAKE A NICE ONE!"

dsc0139ms.jpg

Flowers and Boats:

dsc0141kk.jpg

Me :-)

dsc0144ke.jpg

Preston and me!

dsc0145jz.jpg

dsc0146db.jpg

There was an umbrella at one of the restaurants on the way that said LANDSHARK!!! I pretty much freaked out because Kristen and I are huge Jenna Marbles fans and she has made a video/song called "Landshark."

dsc0148uh.jpg

I'm not going to post the link here because it's not completely dis-appropriate, but if you have never seen the video and you're curious, search "Landshark Jenna Marbles" on youtube and you'll understand what I'm talking about. It's so fart shoes.

Dad and Jonathan went ahead, and then Mom ended up going ahead of us, so Preston and I were lagging behind taking MORE PICTURES!

Here's the Shelter Cove Harbor:

dsc0152dl.jpg

dsc0154s.jpg

Preston clearly had the camera:

dsc0157zr.jpg

This is probably my favorite picture of all time right here.♥

img4184.png

HIBISCUS PHOTO SHOOT!

dsc0158ce.jpg

dsc0159yz.jpg

dsc0160sz.jpg

We got to the restaurant, sat down, and decided on what to order. Picture time:

dsc0164v.jpg

dsc0165bhq.jpg

We got chips as an appetizer and they were YUMMY! Not as good as the ones at Preston's local Mexican restaurant, but I still liked them a lot!

dsc0161qm.jpg

For Preston and I, our meal choice was really easy. Mexican = CHICKEN QUESADILLAS. Nom. They were really good but REALLY big! I usually finish my meals and I couldn’t finish two of the slices.

dsc0169vd.jpg

Jonathan got the 2 Beef Tacos, and he said they were very good!

dsc0167jz.jpg

My Dad got the “Fiesta” which was basically a giant party on a plate. It came with a taco, beans, rice, a chimmy changa, and an enchilada. He really enjoyed it but it was GINORMOUS. The serving sizes at this restaurant were just huge.

dsc0168ph.jpg

Mom got the bean and cheese burrito which was really filling but excellent!

dsc0166jo.jpg

While I was taking food pictures, this guy at the table next to us was like "TAKE MY PICTURE WITH THE SALT!" So I did. Bahaha fart shoes.

dsc0170fc.jpg

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter