"WE'RE AT MINI DISNEY!" Our First Visit to Disney's Hilton Head Resort UPDATEx2 10/31

Discussion in 'DVC Trip Reports' started by Disneyfreak508, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Disneydude97

Disneydude97 Reaching New Horizons

Wow! I never knew that! Well, I guess it's true--you learn something new every day!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyshakeygirl

disneyshakeygirl DIS Veteran

I am so glad someone loves Mickey waffles as much as I do! Nobody who goes with me understands or appreciates the waffles as much as the waffle lovers do :).

4. Disneyfreak508

Disneyfreak508 Frumpy Princess ♥ <br><a href="http://www.disboard

I do too! They're incredible.
    Thank you!
    I know, I love them!
    Definitely!

Hahaha I know, I was so impressed.
    Thank you! I loved it there.
    Aww that's awesome! I see those sometimes too and I get all excited!

Hahaha no ones mad :) Thanks for reading so much! And aww I'm so glad they're your favorite! :goodvibes
    Hahaha aww thank you! What a compliment! My hair is naturally curly and it's really thick. But I use Curls Rock by Cat Walk and that has been working well for many years! :thumbsup2

It's the perfect pin!
    I do the same thing!

BAHAHA I need to see that episode! It sounds hilarious!
    I know! I literally need to explain myself every time I write a new trip report because my life is so frumpy! I would be so confused if I stumbled across one of these things!
    HAHAHA you kill me :lmao: We're really attractive, I know.
    I know. That was HILARIOUS! What a frumpy restaurant.
    Oh yeah.. that face. TOO MUCH FOOD BUT I WANT TO EAT IT ALL ANYWAY.
    It really is! And ahh catch phrase has been a family favorite for YEARS! We are twins.
    You're absolutely ADORABLE. Thank you so much princess :) I showed that to preston and he thought it was like the cutest thing ever. I'm glad we found each other! :goodvibes It's funny how things work out like that!

Thank you!

True true!

Hahaha oh trust me, I understand you, girl!

5. Disneyfreak508

Update #9: Photo Shoot on the Pier
    August 19th, 2012

We went back outside and I took a picture of Shadow's dog house! (you will learn more about her soon!)

[​IMG]

We took some more pictures on the way back to the room!

[​IMG]

Ahh yes, just walking along...

[​IMG]

JK we got a little lost and realized we were at a dead end.

[​IMG]

FART SHOES!

[​IMG]

Ah, there's the path.

[​IMG]

Preston is just like Kristen in the fact that he likes to have frump photo shoots whenever he gets that camera in his hands!

[​IMG]

LOOK AT THIS COOL GUY WE FOUND! I have to admit, this is one thing that was better than actual Disney World - the lizards were awesome colors!

[​IMG]

This is what some of the villa buildings looked like:

[​IMG]

We went back to the room and decided to look at the pins we collected so far:

[​IMG]

It's a Small World compass, Lady Tremaine and Lucifer, (traded) Peter Pan Platinum DVD Pin, Sneezy, Figment, Minnie Mouse head, Cinderella and Prince Charming, (traded) the Black Cauldron, (traded) and a World Showcase Compass.

Here are Preston's pins:

[​IMG]

Stitch, South America, Chip lollipop, and Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too 1991 pin.

We chilled out for a little bit and then we took Mom to go see the pool, recreation center, and gift shop. She was blown away by it - she hadn't checked out this area yet!

This is where the bonfires take place. Sadly, we never made it to one of those. Also, you can play shuffle board right near there!

[​IMG]

We took a little walk on the pier and had a little photo shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOVE LOVE LOVE. &#9829;

[​IMG]

Notice those EXTREMELY dark clouds above us. Thankfully we had enough time to take our pictures and I think the sky really added to the backdrop!

[​IMG]

:-)

[​IMG]

Walking down the pier...

[​IMG]

There were lots of birds, crabs, and fish in the water! We had so much fun looking at everything - there was so much nature in such a small area!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE this picture!

[​IMG]

Mother and me!

[​IMG]

Thanks Preston.

[​IMG]

Now our turn!

[​IMG]

Looking off into the distance....

[​IMG]

Continued in Next Post

6. Disneyfreak508

Update #10: Out to Lunch!
    August 19th, 2012

Matching glasses, aww yeah.

[​IMG]

The storm was getting closer and closer!

[​IMG]

We felt some raindrops so we ran to the gift shop. We hid out in there while we waited for the storm to pass. They were playing IllumiNations and Tapestry of Nations in there. AHHH SO BEAUTIFUL. I sang all of the songs. I’m sure the CM thought I was a frump. Typical.

[​IMG]

Once the rain subsided, we headed back outside.

[​IMG]

Some more pictures of the beautiful pier:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We walked down the stairs and we found Shadow's little dog door near the recreation/rental place!

[​IMG]

They closed the pool because of the rain, so I decided to take some nice pictures while no one was in it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is one FUN slide!!

[​IMG]

The hot tub!

[​IMG]

You go through this door if you want to go to the recreation/rental area on the first floor, or if you take the stairs to the second floor you can go to Tide Me Over, (Quick Service Restaurant) Broad Creek Mercantile, (gift shop) or the fitness center!

[​IMG]

These flowers were on the trees were near the door when you exit the pool area!

[​IMG]

Once the storm passed we went back to the room and Dad said that he wanted to go out to lunch. I wasn’t gonna argue with that one! So we went to Shelter Cove and ate at Bistro 17. It was a cute little French Bistro and there was no one there. However the food was SO GOOD!

[​IMG]

I loved the salt and pepper containers:

[​IMG]

I got the Soup Di Jour, which was Shrimp Bisque, and a Caesar Salad. It was so perfect. I didn't want a huge meal and this hit the spot!

[​IMG]

Mom got the Salmon dish which was EXTREMELY good. She let me have some. It had fantastic seasoning. One of the ladies in there said it was easily one of the best things on their menu.

[​IMG]

Then Dad, Jonathan, and Preston all got the Patty Melts. Those were REALLY great too. I had a few bites of the leftovers. Mmmm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Preston got the fries on the side and those were good but they were very crispy. I don’t know if they were supposed to be like that but they seemed a little overdone to me.

[​IMG]

Then we decided to get some dessert. Dad got a Crème Brulee which was so small and cute. It was a great size after a big meal. He said it was really good!

[​IMG]

Then we all shared the Triple Chocolate Cake. SO YUMMY. It was very rich and very chocolately and I loved it. It was the perfect size for a bunch of us to share even though we weren’t super hungry anymore.

[​IMG]

Continued in Next Post

7. heathsf

heathsf DIS Veteran

Yum... it may only be 7:30 am but those pictures got me in the mood for a good lunch!

8. __disneygirl

__disneygirl well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Kristen & Preston need to start a photography business together, let's be honest here.

WHOA the colors on that lizard! Amazing! And overall this is just one of the most beautiful resorts ever. I hope I get to stay there someday!

I love little French bistros. Those food pics just made me HUNNNNGRAY. Thank God my mom is coming home with Chipotle. Bless that woman, hahaha.

OH HEY YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN A WEEK NOT A BIG DEAL JUST THOUGHT I'D BRING IT UP. And I'm going in 24 days. lalalaalalallalalalaa

9. missnarwhale

missnarwhale Earning My Ears

Well, now I know what I'm buying this weekend. Curls Rock and an immersion blender. For fall soups. Obviously. Ha. I have thick curly hair, too. I hope it works for me!

It seems like you are all really enjoying Hilton Head. It's one of my favorite places to stay, besides Disney World of course. My family is DVC, too. We really took advantage of Hilton Head for spring break trips when I was in high school. I love the beach at low tide. The tide pools are amazing. We found the sand dollars, too. But they stained our hands and feet green?

I need Mickey waffles pronto.

10. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

I love that Winnie the Pooh pin so much!!! It's adorable!

You have beautiful hair!! Just thought I'd let you know! LOL! :rotfl: But seriously, I wish I could grow mine long! But it's too fine, so it doesn't look very good!

You guys are so cute! :goodvibes Beautiful pictures!

And that lunch looked delicious!

11. Disneyfreak508

Hahaha yummy!

But really. They have great frump-tography skills. :lmao:

I know! He was so cool! It really was gorgeous in every aspect. I hope you get to, too!

Me too! YUM YUM that food was delicious. Hahaha seriously, BLESS HER. I want Chipotle so bad now.

OH MY GOD IN 5 DAYS I AM GOING TO FREAKING DISNEY WORLD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banana::banana::banana: OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!!!! And you're going so soon after! EEP!

Hahaha perfect! It should work for you too, then! Let me know!

We really did! I loved it a lot. It's such a nice little spot to go. What great memories you must have! And ahh yes the sand dollars were dying our hands colors too!

ME TOO.

I know! It's adorable.

Aww thank you so much! :) I'm sure you're hair is pretty too no matter what length it is! :goodvibes

Why thank you! I'm glad you liked them!

It was!

12. Disneyfreak508

Update #11: Meeting Shadow and Giuseppe's for Dinner!
    August 19th, 2012

We were back!

[​IMG]

We went up to the Live Oak Lodge because Shadow was out!

[​IMG]

Shadow is Disneys only living mascot and shes the dog that lives at Disneys Hilton Head Resort. Shes absolutely BEAUTIFUL, so calm and so cute! She was just laying there like a precious little angel.

The guy who takes care of her is Bloo and he was telling us all about her! He was such a great cast member. We took some pictures with Shadow and got to pet her.

[​IMG]

There are a lot of stories about Shadow's background and such, but I didn't catch them because I was distracted by how adorable she was. That is exactly the kind of dog I want when I'm older! Only I want a boy dog. And I want to name him Pluto. Yes, I decided that when I was 12 AND THE DREAM HAS NOT YET DIED!!

[​IMG]

Then we went inside and looked around. Dad and Jonathan were playing checkers and pool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went to go look at the pins again and I got a Daisy pin, a teapot, and a United Kingdom pin!

[​IMG]

Then I went back into couch/TV room and Preston and I played checkers. He creamed me. Merp.

[​IMG]

Then we went back out to see shadow again because shes that cute.

[​IMG]

Bloo signed my little Shadow postcard for me! They're available right in the lobby.

[​IMG]

We loved Shadow! SUCH A CUTE PUPPY!

[​IMG]

Then it started pouring again but we walked back to the room. Preston and Mom played some game called Pick Two which is a little scrabble-esque. I typed up some more trip notes.

Then Mom, Jonathan, and Dad went down to play horseshoes. Preston and I decided that we wanted to go swimming!

The pool was such a great temperature! It was on the warmer side but it was still cool enough to be refreshing. We went down the slide about 4 or 5 times. It is so fast! I loved it!

[​IMG]

We swam around and went in the hot tub and such. It was awesome and we really enjoyed our time there. It started raining a little bit but we kept swimming for a while.

We got out eventually and we went upstairs to the gift shop. THERE WAS A NEW CAST MEMBER IN THERE AND SHE HAD NEW PINS!!! She had a JASMINE pin, a SNOW WHITE pin, a 5 LEGGED GOAT PIN, and A RAPUNZEL PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. I wanted them all, and even though I traded for a few more than youre technically supposed to trade for, she let me get away with it because I was so excited. AHH it was such a good find! I was so happy.

[​IMG]

Then we went back to the room, I showered, and we got ready for dinner. Preston and I went back up to the gift shop to get some DVDs to rent. We got Mulan and the Three Caballeros, (which I never got to watch) and I also bought us some Mickey Rice Krispies and I got a Partners Statue/Donald/Goofy pin. EEP. So happy.

[​IMG]

We met back up with everyone at the car and drove to Giuseppe's for a late dinner. I heard about this place the most when looking at reviews for Hilton Head and it did not disappoint! I was looking forward to it the most and it ended up being my favorite restaurant!

[​IMG]

We had about a 20-25 minute wait because it was crowded, but we really werent mad. In the mean time we took some pictures:

[​IMG]

Family photo!

[​IMG]

We didn't eat until around 9 o'clock, but once we were seated we were well taken care of! We placed our orders and took a few pictures while we waited:

[​IMG]

Me and the guys :-)

[​IMG]

My precious parents. They look so happy!

[​IMG]

We got garlic bread first which tasted AWESOME. We got half cheese and half regular. Very good idea, boys. I love when we get extra food. YUMMAY.

[​IMG]

Dad got a salad to start. Ahh, the healthy appetizer.

[​IMG]

Then Mom got eggplant parm:

[​IMG]

Dad got spaghetti:

[​IMG]

They were both very enjoyable. Great carb filled meals of deliciousness.

Then Jonathan, Preston, and I split a Pepperoni Pizza. We are from a town that is VERY picky about good pizza and I have to say, this pizza was extremely delicious! I absolutely loved it! I ate a little more than two pieces. It was just so good& I am still sad that its gone. I didnt even have room for dessert because I was so full, but gahh that was good. It definitely lived up to my expectations!

[​IMG]

We went back to the resort and everyone besides me played Scrabble while I caught up on trip reporting notes again. Preston won scrabble because hes ridiculously good at that game.

Then everyone wen to bed and Preston and I watched Mulan! Except I watched up to the part where she first arrives at the training camp and I was out. The next thing I knew, the movie was over! I woke up and I was shocked that it was over already! I was really overheated because I was wearing a sweatshirt and I was so full from eating dinner so late at night. So it was a bad combination.

So I finally went to sleep at about two oclock.. and I had a really hard time falling asleep on this night. Probably because I was sad Preston was leaving the next day and because I hit such a big food wall and it wouldnt go away. Mehh. Ah well.

Continued in Next Post

13. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin the princess pins you got.

14. ProudMommyof2

ProudMommyof2 DIS Veteran

Loving the relaxing feel to your trip! We just booked our 1st trip to HHI for next summer and I have showed my family all your pictures to get excited!

I just hope that 1 week at the beach will keep us entertained when we are used to park touring at WDW.

15. LifeIsDis

LifeIsDis "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

SHADOW IS ADORABLE ABJKVAKVHLFQIBJKSBJDBJWHUYUTE OMG.

You got so many amazing pins! The five legged goat one is AWESOME!

Your dinner looks so good! I could go for some garlic bread…at 8:30 in the morning.

16. AvasMommy526

AvasMommy526 Mouseketeer

I love Shadow!!! :dog2: That is all! ;)
    Oh wait and the 5 legged goat pin :thumbsup2

17. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Ahhh, Shadow is so cute!!!!! She's so beautiful! :lovestruc

Wow, those pins are amazing! You sure hit your jackpot! ;) I'm glad she let you trade more... it's the little things that make CMs so amazing!!

That pizza looked wonderful!!

18. flyergrad09

flyergrad09 Future Monorail Driver

Awww! Shadow's so cute! I found a Disney Parks blog entry about her and apparently she showed up when the resort was being built, so they let her stay! So sweet!

I love the Partners statue pin! You've traded for a lot of good pins on this trip!

19. aras4007

aras4007 Mouseketeer

LOVE that partner's statue with Pluto and Goofy...soooo cute! That pizza looks awesome!

20. elleinad16

elleinad16 Have you ever looked beyond today into the future?

•Shadow is so cute! It's so cute she gets a CM nametag. :)
    •Love that 5 legged goat pin.
    •Mmm, I've heard great things about Giuseppi's! That eggplant parm looks fab.
    •Yay, my favorite movie is Mulan!

21. bdoleary

bdoleary Mouseketeer

Great trip report and great pictures - Hilton Head looks great - sounds like you had a great trip!