"WE'RE AT MINI DISNEY!" Our First Visit to Disney's Hilton Head Resort UPDATEx2 10/31

JessicaFaye508

DIS Veteran
:sunny::mickeybar THE PERFECT WAY TO END OUR SUMMER VACATION... :mickeybar:sunny:

Why hello there, everyone! :wave: Thank you for stopping by my trip report!

My name is Jess! Some of you may know me from the Walt Disney World trip report board. I'm one of those frumps, I'm a hopelessly obsessed Walt Disney World fanatic, and I am here to share yet another story with you all!

For this vacation, my family went to a completely new destination. Being DVC members, we didn't want to travel too far off the path, so we still stuck with the Disney name. However, we were not going to any of the Disney theme parks.

We went to DISNEY'S HILTON HEAD RESORT!

dsc0223gc.jpg

After a hectic summer, we needed a little vacation so we could unwind and get ready for the upcoming school year. Let me tell you, Disney's Hilton Head Resort was the absolute perfect choice for a vacation like that! We feel completely recharged now and our time there was extremely enjoyable!

You don't hear about this place too often, and while planning for my own trip, I could not find ANY full out trip reports on people's stays at HHI. Since writing trip reports has become my favorite hobby, I decided to write one about my experiences for others to reference and enjoy!

Let me properly introduce myself:

Jess

dsc0215kh.jpg

Like I said, my name is Jess. I'm 19 years old and I'm about to start my second year of college. I am a very motivated theater and communications dual major and my goal in life is to work for the Walt Disney Company. I actually hope to do the Disney College Program within the next couple of years. I LOVE Disney food and Disney pin trading. My favorite Disney movies are Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. I have been to WDW over 20 times and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon!

Here is a picture of my family:

Jonathan, Dad, Mom, and Me

dsc0107jy.jpg

From left to right, you have Jonathan, (my 16 year old brother) my Dad, my Mom, and me! We are a very close family and we were so happy we got the chance to take this trip to finish off our summer. We love traveling and swear by DVC - my parents wish they bought it sooner! My Dad works in the insurance business, my Mom is a stay-at-home Mom, and my brother is just a pretty chill guy who is a big sports fan!

We had another guest join us on our trip:

Preston

dsc0272ta.jpg

Preston is my boyfriend and we have been dating since February of this year. He goes to college with me but he actually lives in Georgia, which is about 16 hours away! (driving distance) We hadn't seen eachother for 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT prior to this trip/my visit in Georgia. (which I am going to do a brief post on at the beginning of this trip report.)

Preston has a fantastic sense of humor and is such a sweetheart. He treats me like a princess and he is very supportive of my Disney obsession! He has only been to WDW once when he consciously remembers it, but thankfully he understands pin trading! (That's the important part, right?) I got to teach him a lot of Disney-isms on this trip, so he's learning more and more by the day! He only got to stay on this trip for 2 nights/3 days before he had to go back to work, but it was so fun having him there!

Alright so that's a little about us!

We stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Resort in a wonderful two bedroom villa. We were there for a total of seven nights and our dates were August 17th-24th, 2012.

Whether you're reading this for entertainment or if you're actually planning to visit Hilton Head Island, I have lots of great recommendations and stories coming your way!

Disney's Hilton Head Resort is very different from Walt Disney World, however, it has enough Disney touches to make you feel right at home. The service is top notch, the amenities are BEAUTIFUL, the cast members are friendly, and you can definitely tell that this place is run by Disney!

Stay tuned for the next installment of the trip report! It is a pleasure to have you here! Welcome aboard! :wizard:

Continued in Next Post

You know how horrible I have been about commenting lately, but I do read along and am incredibly excited for this TR!

Obviously, I am here for this. :yay: I can't wait to hear all the details! And you look great, Jess!

WOOP WOOP!
So excited to hear all about this!! It sounded like it was an amazing vacation! :D

Now I need to go and catch up on your other TRs :D

You know how horrible I have been about commenting lately, but I do read along and am incredibly excited for this TR!

Aww don't worry girl! As long as you are here, that's all that matters. :goodvibes I'm glad you're excited! I'm looking forward to writing this!

I'll be reading along:cool1: That's awesome that Preston got to go with you guys

Hooray! I'm so glad! And yes, that was wonderful :goodvibes We had an amazing time!

Obviously, I am here for this. :yay: I can't wait to hear all the details! And you look great, Jess!

YAY I'm so glad! This will be a fun trip report! And aww thanks, Lia! :goodvibes

WOOP WOOP!
So excited to hear all about this!! It sounded like it was an amazing vacation! :D

Now I need to go and catch up on your other TRs :D

It really was! Thanks for being here!
Haha have fun reading! :thumbsup2

HHI is a wonderful little disney gem. I got a semi-live TR when we were there this summer but having a hard time going back to put pics with it. Can't wait to read more of your TR. :thumbsup2

I'm here Jess!!! I'm so excited to hear more about it! The picture of you and 'Cory' is so precious. :) SO YAY!

Yay!! A TR!! I am looking forward to this because I haven't been to the beach this summer and I am desperately missing it! I will live through you!!:goodvibes

Hey Jess! Thanks so much for creating this trip report. I've always been curious about Hilton Head and now I'll get to experience it vicariously! I love all your TRs and I know this one will be just as great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts