Welcome To The Caribbean, Love ~ Updated 5-27 P52

Your day 1 plans sound great! How funny your DH gave you the LOOK when you suggested another park on day 1. :lmao:

Thanks!

I haven't tried the hot dogs at Casey's. I am not a hot dog lover. :sad2:

What's your favorite counter service in the Magic Kingdom?

We missed the MSEP because we were trying to fit in a few more rides before Wishes... and you KNOW we weren't missing that! ;)

Good point! :goodvibes

Ah, shucks! :flower3:

The feeling is definitely mutual! :goodvibes

:goodvibes

You know, I just asked this question of Tim, but I thought I'd pose it to all of you since it's highly possible I may need to explore other options.

What do you usually order, what's your favorite thing they have?

I'd love to hear your feedback! :goodvibes

You know, I just asked this question of Tim, but I thought I'd pose it to all of you since it's highly possible I may need to explore other options.

Casey's. Golden Nuggets of Joy with ketchup.

Otherwise, CHH, the tuna sandwich. Yummmmmm!

I had the taco salad at Pecos Bills this last trip, it was quite tasty as well!

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I didn't know which post to quote! :lmao::lmao:

We always seem to eat at Cosmic Rays. They have a decent selection and the turkey club wrap is big enough for two ppl. They also have a chicken meal that is a 1/2 rotisserie chicken (i think it is a 1/2) with mashed potatoes and veggies. It is really good. Oh course you can get burgers and dogs here too.

I had a chicken wrap from Pecos Bills before and after 3 bites I threw it in the garbage. It sucked. Sorry but it was nasty. We did stop there this past trip and I didn't eat. LOL I forgot what Melody ordered though. :confused3

Pecos Bill's (love their burgers and fixings bar) and Columbia Harbor House (although last time it made Connor dry retch) -- I had the fish and chips there, but would love to try the tuna sandwich.

When your spouse / significant other looks at you with raised eyebrows and withering stare which means, have you lost your mind? Not go to the Magic Kingdom on the first day, woman? Let's not get TOO relaxed, savvy?

:rotfl2:

MK on the first day is a must!

I hope you get to meet up with CP as planned!

Fun update!

Casey's. Golden Nuggets of Joy with ketchup.

Otherwise, CHH, the tuna sandwich. Yummmmmm!

I had the taco salad at Pecos Bills this last trip, it was quite tasty as well!

Golden Nuggets of Joy! :lmao: You know, I've actually never tried those. I'm pretty much banking on there being some kind of milk product in that breading. It's a shame. :sad2:

Mmm, now taco salad sounds really good, and like a real possibility, as long as they leave out cheese! Yum. :thumbsup2

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I didn't know which post to quote! :lmao::lmao:

It's okay, it'll all be okay! :lmao:

We always seem to eat at Cosmic Rays. They have a decent selection and the turkey club wrap is big enough for two ppl. They also have a chicken meal that is a 1/2 rotisserie chicken (i think it is a 1/2) with mashed potatoes and veggies. It is really good. Oh course you can get burgers and dogs here too.

A turkey club warp sounds really good. :goodvibes

I had a chicken wrap from Pecos Bills before and after 3 bites I threw it in the garbage. It sucked. Sorry but it was nasty. We did stop there this past trip and I didn't eat. LOL I forgot what Melody ordered though. :confused3

Yikes! I know it's bad if you threw it away! :scared1:

Pecos Bill's (love their burgers and fixings bar) and Columbia Harbor House (although last time it made Connor dry retch) -- I had the fish and chips there, but would love to try the tuna sandwich.

You know, I can't remember the last time I ate at Pecos Bill's! And I have to tell you, I've always wanted to try Columbia Harbor House, but, no joke, every time we've tried, it's been closed. :lmao:

Mmm, now taco salad sounds really good, and like a real possibility, as long as they leave out cheese! Yum. :thumbsup2

They do leave the cheese out (at least at Tortuga Tavern). You get just the shell and the meat and then you fix it yourself at the toppings bar. Jon had the taco salad there and was excited he could make it the way he wanted. :rotfl:

I've always wanted to try Columbia Harbor House, but, no joke, every time we've tried, it's been closed. :lmao:

I know what you mean about Columbia Harbor House being open. We went there 3 times on our trip until it was finally open. Jon had the tuna and he loved it. I had there salad which was awesome.

Hey TK! I'm just so, so sorry I've been out of the loop here! I so often forget to cross over to the PTR side now! :headache: I think the conversation is MK CS. I adore CHH! I love sitting upstairs and people watching and noshing on that tuna sandwich! Mmmm!

Pecos was really only so-so. The taco salad was very mediocre with your average taco beef inside a semi-stale shell. but I did like loading it with what I like. Nevertheless, it was only so-so, like I said. If I had to go again, I'd likely try the pulled pork sandwich, which I assume they still have,b ut havent' confirmed online.

Of course, Caseys is a must, but that's snacks, not a full meal. At least for me. And you have to (obviously) like hot dogs to like Caseys. And they've completely DESTROYED the dogs anyways, so I stick with golden nuggets of delishousness. :laughing: And fries with fake cheese sauce.

Golden Nuggets of Joy! :lmao: You know, I've actually never tried those. I'm pretty much banking on there being some kind of milk product in that breading. It's a shame. :sad2:

They do leave the cheese out (at least at Tortuga Tavern). You get just the shell and the meat and then you fix it yourself at the toppings bar. Jon had the taco salad there and was excited he could make it the way he wanted. :rotfl:

I bet you are right about the nuggets. That stinks! :sad2:

However, it's the same over at Peco's Bills on the taco salad - you just fix it however you want. I'm weird with cheese (cheeseburgers, yes. cheese on my salad, no), and this was perfect for me. You get exactly what you want on it and however much of what you like. :thumbsup2

That sounds really appealing right now.

I know what you mean about Columbia Harbor House being open. We went there 3 times on our trip until it was finally open. Jon had the tuna and he loved it. I had there salad which was awesome.

:rotfl2: Apparently, you have my luck.

Hey TK! I'm just so, so sorry I've been out of the loop here! I so often forget to cross over to the PTR side now! :headache: I think the conversation is MK CS. I adore CHH! I love sitting upstairs and people watching and noshing on that tuna sandwich! Mmmm!

I love people watching! One of my favorite times was with Nana, I think you've given my inspiration for a series of posts!

Pecos was really only so-so. The taco salad was very mediocre with your average taco beef inside a semi-stale shell. but I did like loading it with what I like. Nevertheless, it was only so-so, like I said. If I had to go again, I'd likely try the pulled pork sandwich, which I assume they still have,b ut havent' confirmed online.

Pulled pork sounds good, I just have to be careful with what kind of bread they put it on.

Of course, Caseys is a must, but that's snacks, not a full meal. At least for me. And you have to (obviously) like hot dogs to like Caseys. And they've completely DESTROYED the dogs anyways, so I stick with golden nuggets of delishousness. :laughing: And fries with fake cheese sauce.

:rotfl2:

I bet you are right about the nuggets. That stinks! :sad2:

Although, you know what I learned this week? Burger King's onion rings are free of milk allergens!

My hips didn't need that awareness, but my tastebuds were ever so glad. What a treat. :lmao:

However, it's the same over at Peco's Bills on the taco salad - you just fix it however you want. I'm weird with cheese (cheeseburgers, yes. cheese on my salad, no), and this was perfect for me. You get exactly what you want on it and however much of what you like. :thumbsup2

Nice. :thumbsup2

Before we get to the main point of the post here, let me just start by saying that I am super behind on the DIS, and for the first time in my life, I actually don't feel guilty about it.

No offense to all my lovely DIS friends, however! :hug: I would love to be able to read all your trip / pre-trip reports right now, but there just is. no. time.

Last week we got our mortgage approval, and after a few pieces of paperwork were faxed to our broker, we are official on moving forward with the house. The attorney needs to complete the title search, etc, and then we'll be on more than on target (actually ahead of schedule really) for our closing date on March 25.

Our apartment complex requires sixty days notice, which I already gave them, officially starting March 1st. This means we'll have to be moved out by the last day of April, basically. We're actually hoping to move well before that, provided MJS can get all the work done that he wants to on the house beforehand. Which he'll have about three to four weeks to do, depending on which weekend we move / when we close.

Which he also insists on doing completely alone.

Yeah.

We'll see how that pans out. :rolleyes1

And let me tell you, it has nothing to do with faith in his ability, whatsoever. The man is a guru of reno, handyman extradordinaire. Why, TK, is there anything he can't do?

Honestly?

No.

I just got this really weird image of him dressed as Jack Sparrow for MNSSHP but with a hammer and toolbelt instead of sword. :rotfl2: And this is where my mind goes.

Anyway! In between packing, and house stuff, and general normal stuff like taking care of a household with two kids, one of whom is a baby, it's a little busy around here, but in a good way. There are lots of positive changes going on, and I'm ever so grateful, truly.

So if I'm not around, I apologize in advance. Just know that good things are happening, and posts will be coming whenever I can squeeze them in.

Before we get on to day two of the trip, I want to share with you a little dilemma I had going on in the past few weeks. For those of you who may not remember, Tink and LegoMom are in Disney this weekend, and yesterday, they ran the 5K associated with the Princess 1/2. Tink decided to do this quite a while ago, running in honor of my mom, and I am so touched.

For those of you who have been with this ptr from the beginning, you know that originally, my family trip was planned around this event. And then I switched to May, as I didn't feel quite ready for Disney without Mom yet. But as we got closer, I had a huge debate about whether or not to join them. I debated taking the baby and leaving Nemo and MJS, not taking the baby and just going myself, I debated, I debated, I debated. Obviously, I decided not to go. I can't really tell you why exactly, eventually it just felt like the right choice was not to go. It didn't really matter about money, or the house, or anything like that it just didn't feel right. Even though I really would love to be there, even getting texts from Tink now about what they're doing and how much fun they're having, I'm in a place where I'm excited for them, and although I'd love to be having that girlie fun, I realize it's not yet my time, and I'm very happy for them, not sad about not being there.

But I did decide that even if I wasn't physically there, I could "participate" in the 5K. Everyone remember my Couch to 5K training? In all reality, I'm just heading into week seven (because I've stopped and started a few times), which is when we start to be less interval and more solid running, but I just had a feeling from how I felt during training that I could do it.

As in attempt the 5K. So on Saturday, I woke up at 630, and got to the gym by 700 so I could run the 5K with Tink and LegoMom. I don't want to get all woo woo on you all, but I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking, karma, good vibes, whatever you want to call it. And while I was running, I thought of Tink, and thought of LM, and wished them well, and hoped they were healthy, and enjoying their run, and enjoying the experience.

And I proceeded to complete my first 5K. It may not have been official, but it was official enough for me. I ran 2 miles solid, and then did some power walking with some intermittent running to complete the 5K in about 48-50 minutes. I was really pleased with my time, and hope eventually, to be able to run the whole thing.

And let me tell you.

It was the first time I got runner's high, and it was awesome. If there's such a thing as an endorphin junkie, that'd be me. Wow. ::yes::

And just as I was getting ready to leave the gym, swigging water from my sports bottle, I got the happy phone call from Tink that she and LegoMom had completed the race. We had a great chat about my doing it as well, and basically ended our call really proud of ourselves.

And Tink may have thrown into that chat somewhere that she found the experience to be addictive.

At which point I launched into my, can't you come with my in October to do the Halloween Family Fun 5K because oh it'll be so much fun and gosh I'd love to have you there.

Which really wasn't quite the hard sell I make it out to be, more of an enabling tactic, but that's a discussion for another pre trip report should such things come to fruition.

I have to say that now that I know that I can complete a 5K, I am so proud of myself. I feel healthy. I feel thin. I feel good. It doesn't even matter if certain pants don't fit quite right and others do, it doesn't matter that I'm still over my target weight, I just feel incredibly good. I set out to do something, I who am NOT a runner, discovered that as a matter of fact...I am.

It's amazing what you can do. Like that quote you see floating around therapist's offices sometimes, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

That's how I feel.

And on that happy note, let's segue to day two.

Our plans are to head to DHS and take advantage of Star Wars weekends. This totally goes against the grain for me as I'm so not into big crowds and doing what everyone else is doing, but I can't resist. Nemo is so into Star Wars, never mind me and MJS, so it'll be such a treat to be part of this, even if we don't do a ton of things, just to bathe in that atmosphere, you know?

It makes me wonder...when the new Star Tours opens, which queue wait will be longer, TSM or Star Tours? That's a whole I give you a topic, discuss, a la Saturday Night Live.

Anyway, we'll do whatever the boys want to do in DHS because really that's what it's all about, and we're planning on a lovely lunch at The Hollywood Brown Derby.

Let me tell you right now, flat out, that's going to be hard. It'll be easier because Nana will be there, but very, very hard, because I know I'll think about the countless times I ate there with Mom and the various other people who were with us. Sometimes just us. Sometimes Mom, Nana, and I, and I think what will probably strike the hardest is remembering the first time Mom, Nana, MJS, and I took Nemo to Disney. That very first trip. I can tell you what table we sat at, what a well behaved baby he was, how he looked wearing his bibster and eating his apples or sweet potatoes or whatever baby food I had for him.

This is something that I work on a lot in therapy. Both sentiments can be true: I can miss my mother, be sad that she's not there and also be happy to have a new experience, and happy that it's Squirt's first time. That he'll be wearing the bibster and eating the sweet potatoes. Both of those statements can be true, and I can hold both in my heart at the same time and not have an emotional melt down.

And barring what anyone says about value of 2TS restaurants on the dining plan, because quite frankly (don't ban me from the DIS) I just don't care, I love the Brown Derby! It's my favorite place to eat in DHS. It really is. I don't go there every time we're there, but I really do love it every time I eat there. Give me a Cobb Salad and a glass of champagne and I'm a happy girl (even if it's not the best value for my "free" dining ;)).

After lunch, I figure we'll do whatever we couldn't beforehand, and if we're feeling done with DHS we always have the option of heading over to Epcot and doing the World Showcase, or as I like to call it, the back of the park. Borrowing, of course, Christine's private entrance. :thumbsup2

And now the baby is melting down, as it's nap time, so I'll have to cut this a bit short and continue the Epcot discussion later.

Real world intrudes, savvy?

Sweet Disney thoughts in the mean time, folks. :thumbsup2

I picked an excellent time to visit the PTR page since several people have just updated.

Lovely update. Congrats on running the Princess 5K in your gym. Sort of like a virtual 5K, but you did all the work. That's awesome.

One thing I noticed about running. I had just turned 30 when I started to do it on a regular basis. It took me several months before I got that runner's high for the first time. So congrats on that.

Now take yourself outside to run when weather permits. It is so much more glorious than running inside and I think it makes the high that much better.

When my children were the ages of yours, I bought one of those two seater joggers. I swear I was strapping my youngest in there by the time he was 9 months old. I loved it. I took them on runs as much as I could because I was home during the day.

I have no idea what your neighborhood is like or if this is even a possibility, but I highly recommend. My kids loved it. They would just sit there and watch the world go back. It was great because they got their outing and I got my exercise. I put them in that stroller until they got so big they broke it. Everybody got to know us because they would see us out so frequently. That jogging stroller was worth every cent I paid and then some.

Congrats on your new house! I can't recommend that stroller enough if you new home is in a neighborhood where you can run. You will not regret it!

I'm so woefully behind in all things Disboards, but a very belated congratulations on the house! That's just wonderful to hear. Your going to have a blast decorating your house for your pirate clan!

I'm flattered I have inspired you for a "series of installments" and am intrigues as to how you are going to unpack that. Hmmm....

I love that you are working on knowing that IT'S OK to have mixed feelings on your trip, both good and sad. They are what makes us who we are!

Yeah, I"m not sure BD is worth 2 credits- esp. if you're getting a salad and champagne. But oh! that salad- YES MA'AM!! :cloud9:

Hurray for having a closing date on your house and all the plans that go along with that! Best of luck as you begin packing and getting the house ready to move into! :goodvibes

Your Day Two plans sound brilliant! Of course, I may think that since they closely mirror our own for that day! Just trade that lunch for a dinner at Brown Derby and there are our plans. LOL! You are going to love Star Wars Weekends. It is so fun to see guests all dressed up, and the energy and fun is contagious. Not to mention, there is something to be said for walking around a park and suddenly seeing a bunch of Stormtroopers marching around. :laughing:

YAY for completing your first of I hope many 5Ks!! I'm sure its a great feeling!! I'm really thinking I'm going to have to look into this program because the idea of running a Disney 5K is getting more and more appealing to me!!!!

YAY for moving forward on the house!! That must feel fantastic and a bit scary at the same time LOL!!!!!

Hope you are having a great week!

I picked an excellent time to visit the PTR page since several people have just updated.

Lovely update. Congrats on running the Princess 5K in your gym. Sort of like a virtual 5K, but you did all the work. That's awesome.

One thing I noticed about running. I had just turned 30 when I started to do it on a regular basis. It took me several months before I got that runner's high for the first time. So congrats on that.

Now take yourself outside to run when weather permits. It is so much more glorious than running inside and I think it makes the high that much better.

When my children were the ages of yours, I bought one of those two seater joggers. I swear I was strapping my youngest in there by the time he was 9 months old. I loved it. I took them on runs as much as I could because I was home during the day.

I have no idea what your neighborhood is like or if this is even a possibility, but I highly recommend. My kids loved it. They would just sit there and watch the world go back. It was great because they got their outing and I got my exercise. I put them in that stroller until they got so big they broke it. Everybody got to know us because they would see us out so frequently. That jogging stroller was worth every cent I paid and then some.

Congrats on your new house! I can't recommend that stroller enough if you new home is in a neighborhood where you can run. You will not regret it!

I don't know why, but it never occurred to me to get a jogging stroller! :lmao:

Thank you for the tip. I couldn't really use it where we are now, but we are moving into a lovely neighborhood, and I bet the baby would just love it. I'll definitely have to do a little research and see what I can find.

Okay, I was going to respond to everyone else as well, but the baby just woke up from his nap. :rotfl2:

Curses, DIS time foiled again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter