Welcome To The Caribbean, Love ~ Updated 5-27 P52

Somehow I have missed the whole buying of a house thing! Congrats!!!!

Thanks! I think the majority happened while you were in Disney. :goodvibes

OOOH...hope Nemo had fun skiing today!!! Sounds like a lot of fun, except for the snow part!!! LOL!!!!

He had a great time! :thumbsup2

OY packing, don't even get me started! I still have a few boxes that I have just stuffed into an unused room LOL!!!

Oh, let me tell you. Our fourth bedroom, which eventually will be a guest bedroom / craft room, is initially going to be what I fondly call "the place where all the boxes go until we figure out where we're going to put everything." :lmao:

I'm excited for Nemo to ski today! I can not wait until we can teach Claire to ski. I should say I can't wait for an instructor to teach her to ski!

My sister set up a private lesson for them (and her husband) so that worked really well. She knows how to ski, bu tlike you, definitely wanted some professional help! :goodvibes

I hope all of your important requests are honored by the sellers and that you can keep this process moving!

When we accepted their counter offer, they stated they would do any reasonable requests. We pretty much know what we think is reasonable, but instead of picking and choosing, we're just asking for everything the inspector said needs to be fixed / replaced.

Do we expect them to do it all?

Nope.

Could it hurt to ask?

Nope!

We ended up tearing all the carpet out of our house when we moved in. We thought we could get by with a cleaning, but it was not so. We tore everything out and put pergo in the basement area and wood on all the other floors. With Claire and 2 dogs, the wood and pergo are so EASY to keep clean!

Ugh, you make a good point, and one my husband has made to me! We're obviously going to rip the shag carpet out of the top floor, and use the beautiful hardwood underneath, but the bottom floor, I said I wanted carpet because it's warmer. He said, would I consider pergo because it's easier to clean! :lmao:

Enjoy Squirt's baptism tomorrow. What a very special day.

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it, even though I have a hard time going to church.

This is the church I received my sacraments in, I was married in it, and my mother's funeral was there as well. On the positive side, it will be nice to have a new happy memory there.

All this time living in New England and I've never even tried skiing. I think I just know I'll be too much of a klutz! Can't wait to hear what Nemo thinks!

I'm with you on the klutz thing. :thumbsup2

Please share what Disney paint colors you are considering for the house! Packing is BY FAR the worst part. Followed closely by unpacking. :rolleyes: But it will all be worth it!!

For sure! MJS and I were discussing colors today, so we should be making final selections pretty soon. We're solid on the kids rooms, but I'm waffling on the living / dining combo, kitchen, upper bath, and the master. Honestly, I'm between two very similar colors for almost every room. With a BFA in Painting, I'm like a kid in a candy store with these sample chips!

See packing is why I hope to never move again.

Ever.

I know! A lot of people have said to us, oh, you could fix this up, sell it, move.

Um, no.

This is it people! This is THE house. Done. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Tomorrow will bring happy memories, I'm certain! Even if you have to hold off on the reception until later. I think joint birthday party/baptism celebration is a great idea. And in a new house!!! :banana:

Wanna come and help me pick out paint colors too?? ;)

I'm also up for comiserating about packing and moving too. Call if you want to rant! :lmao: I get it.

That's pretty much how we did it also when we offered on our house. We asked for the world after the inspection and took what we got. It definitely can't hurt to ask.

Your DH is a smart man. That pergo is so easy to clean. And if you buy an inexpensive area rug and it gets juice/food/whatever spilled all over it, you can just toss it and get a new one. Not so easy with carpet!

It sounds like tomorrow will be a challenge for you. I'll be thinking of you. :hug:

Oh my gosh, what exciting things all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney paint :thumbsup2 I recall painting Evan's room atiigger orange once. And using some Buzz blue in Eric's.

A serious :dancer: on the inspection and honestly, on the water heater. Had it not gone when it did, it would have one you and then you'd have a claim from the get go which is not fun. Nor is the clean up from a water heater. I'm shocked that they won't replace all the carpet though, that's unusual. Giving a cheap quote on it, sure but just to say no? Odd. Will you get to pick what the seller puts in? I might see if they can just take the cash from the insurance and give it to you to apply against what you want to do so it's exactly what you want. If you can, you might be able to stretch the funds a bit further that way.

I hope Nemo had a blast yesterday and Squirts baptism was full of the love and joy that such an occasion should be.

So how did Nemo do skiing?:confused3

I'm so glad that the inspection went well and there wasn't anything too major! Plus I heard a rumor you were paying your movers in pizza & beer.... mmmmmmmmmm!!!! :lmao:

Congrats to Squirt on his baptism! Good idea having a party in the summer... it is a little warmer then. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope you have a warm and precipitation free week. :rolleyes:

I hope Nemo had a great time skiing and that Squirt's baptism went wonderfully and was full of love and joy!!

Exciting news about moving on with the house process! I don't enjoy packing/moving, but I do like to unpack and re-settle, it's kinda fun to me to find a "home" for all the stuff and get creative in the new space. Though...with every wall to paint, carpet to re-do, etc. by the time you are un-packing you might be spent in the creativity department! :laughing: No, it will be great, I'm sure! It will all be worth it!!!

I hope Nemo had a great first ski lesson. That pizza wedge that kids do is so darn cute. I am sure Squirt's baptism was lovely. Did he get baptized during a regular Sunday mass. I love when they do baptisms like that at my church. I love welcoming the "newest" member of the church. Great sense of community!

Hey, folks! Hoping to pop in here later and do individual replies.

We've been doing a little back and forth with the seller on the home inspection results, and are hoping to have that all sewed up today so we can move forward on our mortgage application.

We've had umpteen snow days, and yesterday I decided to take advantage of the kids being out of school and threw a very impromptu birthday party for Nemo, which I planned in less than a day. It went off great, and the kids had a good time, and Nemo got his first kids party which he really wanted.

Everyone in my house is feeling some degree of under the weather. MJS and I have sinus headaches, and the kiddos are sniffly and coughing, Nemo's has turned into that asthma cough for which we have to use his inhaler. I'm not too concerned yet, because he's got a well visit next week, so we can always have the doctor check it out then.

The baptism was beautiful and went very well. There was a moment when Father poured the water over Squirt's head and he looked all the way back at him as if to say, hey, watcha doing back there? Is it bath time? It was so cute.

Anyway, things are a little hectic which for me, translates to little to no computer time. I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that we're still here and still pirate-y. When we're not hibernating from all this snow, of course. ;)

Hope it all works out well with the seller today and you can have everything wrapped up!!!!! Congrats again!!

YAY for impromptu bday parties!! Sounds like a blast was had by all!!

So glad the baptism went well!!!!! I'm sure it was beautiful and a wonderful event!!!!

I am glad to hear that Squirt's baptism went well and that Nemo had a wonderful birthday party.

Tomorrow will bring happy memories, I'm certain! Even if you have to hold off on the reception until later. I think joint birthday party/baptism celebration is a great idea. And in a new house!!! :banana:

It's so exciting to think of the gatherings we'll be able to have there.

Wanna come and help me pick out paint colors too?? ;)

Actually, yes. I love color. And paint. And anything creative. :thumbsup2

I'm also up for comiserating about packing and moving too. Call if you want to rant! :lmao: I get it.

Ugh.

Again, ugh.

That's pretty much how we did it also when we offered on our house. We asked for the world after the inspection and took what we got. It definitely can't hurt to ask.

Our sellers got a wee bit offended. :lmao: Again, we felt, couldn't hurt to ask. We had to duke it out over some reasonable stuff, and two things we really wanted done are getting taken care of. I think if we hadn't negotiatied price so well, we'd have more wiggle room, but I'd rather pay less, that's for sure!

Your DH is a smart man. That pergo is so easy to clean. And if you buy an inexpensive area rug and it gets juice/food/whatever spilled all over it, you can just toss it and get a new one. Not so easy with carpet!

We're going to check the carpet in the family room and see if the water seeped underneath it. If it did, then we could get mold, so we'll absolutely have to replace it. If not, we'll live with it for a while, just to save some money.

Oh my gosh, what exciting things all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney paint :thumbsup2 I recall painting Evan's room atiigger orange once. And using some Buzz blue in Eric's.

OMG!

Buzz Blaster Blue

That is the exact color we're using for Nemo's room! :lmao:

A serious :dancer: on the inspection and honestly, on the water heater. Had it not gone when it did, it would have one you and then you'd have a claim from the get go which is not fun. Nor is the clean up from a water heater. I'm shocked that they won't replace all the carpet though, that's unusual. Giving a cheap quote on it, sure but just to say no? Odd. Will you get to pick what the seller puts in? I might see if they can just take the cash from the insurance and give it to you to apply against what you want to do so it's exactly what you want. If you can, you might be able to stretch the funds a bit further that way.

Actually, the seller contacted us via their agent, and asked what color we wanted in the fourth bedroom, which is the only room the insurance is covering for replacement. It was nice of them.

I hope Nemo had a blast yesterday and Squirts baptism was full of the love and joy that such an occasion should be.

Thanks!

So how did Nemo do skiing?:confused3

Awesome! Apparently, he had no fear.

In this particular case, he therefore is, MJS' son. :rotfl2: I did not have good skiing experiences.

I'm so glad that the inspection went well and there wasn't anything too major! Plus I heard a rumor you were paying your movers in pizza & beer.... mmmmmmmmmm!!!! :lmao:

Oh, yes. Well, given that my movers are either college age or just slightly above that, I thought pizza and beer was the best motivator. :lmao:

Congrats to Squirt on his baptism! Good idea having a party in the summer... it is a little warmer then. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope you have a warm and precipitation free week. :rolleyes:

I thought of you this week and wondered if Juliana got to go to school at all. It's a long story, what's happening in our town, but suffice it to say Nemo had school one day this week.

I hope Nemo had a great time skiing and that Squirt's baptism went wonderfully and was full of love and joy!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Exciting news about moving on with the house process! I don't enjoy packing/moving, but I do like to unpack and re-settle, it's kinda fun to me to find a "home" for all the stuff and get creative in the new space. Though...with every wall to paint, carpet to re-do, etc. by the time you are un-packing you might be spent in the creativity department! :laughing: No, it will be great, I'm sure! It will all be worth it!!!

You know, I do enjoy the newness of being able to find new places for things, sort of re-organize and prioritize, but I just hate packing. And cleaning out. Which we will so have to do. Because even though our house is significantly bigger than our apartment, if I haven't used it in the last couple of years, it's not coming with us!

I hope Nemo had a great first ski lesson. That pizza wedge that kids do is so darn cute. I am sure Squirt's baptism was lovely. Did he get baptized during a regular Sunday mass. I love when they do baptisms like that at my church. I love welcoming the "newest" member of the church. Great sense of community!

I remember the pizza wedge thing, it is cute!

Our baptisms are immediately following mass. It was really nice, Father had married us and the other couple, so it was a beautiful full circle kind of event.

Hope it all works out well with the seller today and you can have everything wrapped up!!!!! Congrats again!!

YAY for impromptu bday parties!! Sounds like a blast was had by all!!

So glad the baptism went well!!!!! I'm sure it was beautiful and a wonderful event!!!!

Thanks, Jen!

I am glad to hear that Squirt's baptism went well and that Nemo had a wonderful birthday party.

Thank you, Kathy!

nemo.jpg

Happy Birthday to the boy who makes me laugh when I don't always want to, smile when my heart is breaking, and remind me that even though I may be sad, I have so much to be grateful for. He's a blessing, a wonder, and I'm so lucky he's my son. I love you, Nemo.

Nemo: Hey dad! Maybe when I'm at school, I'll see a shark.
Marlin: I highly doubt it.
Nemo: Have how ever met a shark?
Marlin: No, and I don't plan to.
Nemo: How old are sea turtles?
Marlin: Sea turtles? I don't know.
Nemo: Sandy Plankton from next door, he says they live to be a hundred years old.
Marlin: Well, if I ever meet a sea turtle I'll ask him, right after I'm done talking to the shark.

Happy Birthday Nemo! I hope your day is filled with many adventures! :fish::fish:

nemo.jpg

Happy Birthday to the boy who makes me laugh when I don't always want to, smile when my heart is breaking, and remind me that even though I may be sad, I have so much to be grateful for. He's a blessing, a wonder, and I'm so lucky he's my son. I love you, Nemo.

Happy Birthday, birthday buddy!

TK- for you I have to just say:

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... It's all going to be ok.

Happy Birthday, Little Nemo Dude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter