EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

That's the problem...there are too many inconsistencies for me to trust them! I only let them book the less popular ones. When we were trying to get a reservation to CG after the renovation, the IPO actually told me that my chances were better doing it myself! Our trip was just days after it reopened, so people were dying to see the refurb. The IPO told me that he had a list of 200+ people that wanted ressies and that wasn't including all the other IPO offices. I realize that is an extreme example, but the rule still applies... If you fall way down on the list of their reservations to book, by the time they book yours, the ADR you want may not be available! Years ago, we were able to get a last minute reservation to 1900 Park Fare because the manager called the CL concierge when there was a cancellation, but this was before they started the online dining system, so I don't know if they can even do that anymore. Even then, I was told they only had "pull" at the restaurants that were in my resort.

Hmmmm....So what happens if I send it to the IPO and then look myself as well and find something and book it but they've already booked it for me that same morning as I found it? I didn't think the system would allow the same person to hold two reservations? Although I guess that would be unlikely we'd be looking at the same time.

Do you think I should start looking at the 180 day mark or see what IPO gets and then start looking myself for anything they weren't able to book?

Thanks for noticing me!

:rotfl2:
(and I didn't make that connection till you pointed it out)

I sent a reply to IPO about our Wilderness Lodge CL stay

Is the email IPO sends out from a "central" location, or is it Resort Specific? Does everyone sign it "Mark"?
Everyone does not sign it Mark. I believe there are central locations and not at the resort but there are IPO's to support each resort. I personally like to call IPO but they are pretty quick with email most of the time.

I booked WL CL with the room only discount that was released yesterday.

I was under the impression the discounts were only for FD yesterday. Our dates are in mid october outside the FD discount range. Were your RO dates within the FD time frame?

I was under the impression the discounts were only for FD yesterday. Our dates are in mid october outside the FD discount range. Were your RO dates within the FD time frame?
RO discounts are out for mid August through the beginning of October.

Does anyone know if club level is typically included in the fall room only discounts? specifically contemporary or wilderness lodge.

As others have said, CL is usually offered; however, as with all discounts, it does vary by resort as not all resorts (or room types) are always included. With that said, I have often found WL CL to be included at the higher discount (30%), while CR CL is usually lower (20%) (this is just my experience).
We checked out of AKL this afternoon and switched to SoG for the remainder of our stay. I LOVED the food offerings and CM Sam hands down made our stay magical. (Chocolate Covered Strawberries!)

Liz

Glad you had a nice stay. Thanks for your reviews and also for sharing your pics.

I do know that Blueskies said CR was one of the ones offering a low RO discount this time, however.

I find this more times than not with the CR. In my experience, GW and tower rooms are easier to get at the higher discount than CL. This is not to say that CR CL is never offered at the higher discount, but anytime I price it out with a discount, it's always been the lower.

Hmmmm....So what happens if I send it to the IPO and then look myself as well and find something and book it but they've already booked it for me that same morning as I found it? I didn't think the system would allow the same person to hold two reservations? Although I guess that would be unlikely we'd be looking at the same time.

Do you think I should start looking at the 180 day mark or see what IPO gets and then start looking myself for anything they weren't able to book?

I have asked them to book for me before and I would still look myself at the 180 day mark. Sometimes, I would get a reservation and they wouldn't, but it can work the other way around too. The IPO can book multiple reservations on the same night for you, which is nice because then you can cancel the ones you don't want when you get a bit closer to your trip and have your plans figured out. A lot of people use the IPO for everything and don't have any problems, but I guess I'm too afraid of that small chance that they might not get what I want to trust them on the big ones. I guess it's just personal preference. There is something rewarding about snagging that elusive ADR, however! You can always look yourself if they are unable to get one for you, but then it's just a crapshoot as to whether or not you'll be able to find it...although someone mentioned a DIS dining reservation thread where DISers try to match up their reservations that they want to cancel with other people's wish list. This sounds pretty neat, but I haven't looked for the thread yet. Let me know what happens...and FYI, Narcoossee's is popular, but not too hard to get. IPO could get that one without a problem.

Help please? I am not familiar with the Contemporary:
We are adding 2 days to our summer trip and we want to stay at the Contemporary. We have a choice of the Garden Wing Hospitality Suite or two Standard CL rooms Atrium Club. I haven't stayed at the Contemporary in about 20 years and not sure how where the Garden Wing is located. It says that the Garden Wing is club level - is there a separate club level or do you have to go to the 12th floor. The Suite looks beautiful but we really wanted to stay in the main building. The price is the same for either choice. Thanks for your help.

We are adding 2 days to our summer trip and we want to stay at the Contemporary. We have a choice of the Garden Wing Hospitality Suite or two Standard CL rooms Atrium Club. I haven't stayed at the Contemporary in about 20 years and not sure how where the Garden Wing is located. It says that the Garden Wing is club level - is there a separate club level or do you have to go to the 12th floor. The Suite looks beautiful but we really wanted to stay in the main building. The price is the same for either choice. Thanks for your help.
I have to run but I have stayed in both. The hospitality suite is in garden wing and you have to go to 12 th floor of main building for lounge. Page 1 has my pics of that suite. Pm me with questions and I will try to answer when I can.

As trisha posted, you would have to go to lounge on the 12th floor in the main tower if you stay in the GW hospitality suite as the GW doesn't have a lounge. If it were me, I'd opt for 2 standard CL rooms as I'd want to stay in the main tower. Good luck.

I agree with Mickeynut! The appeal of CR to me is the convenience to the monorail, and with GW you lose that. Plus, that's way too far from the lounge IMO. I hope you can still get the two rooms in Atrium. That's something I want to try sometime too...I just have trouble straying from my favorite -GF:)

I agree with mickeynut1 also as if one of the perks is enjoying the food and beverage, GW is a long way away !

And mickeynut1 I sure hope your Chicago Bulls are playing better than my San Antonio Spurs ! :sad2:

I hope you can still get the two rooms in Atrium. That's something I want to try sometime too...I just have trouble straying from my favorite -GF:)

I am the same way! We are (tentatively) booked at the GF in August under the summer discount, but CR CL is also available. I have thought many times about changing as I very much want to try CR CL, but I am having a hard time making the change as I'm not sure I'd be as happy there in the summer as I would be at the GF :rolleyes2.

And mickeynut1 I sure hope your Chicago Bulls are playing better than my San Antonio Spurs ! :sad2:

We're not doing too good over here, either :sad2:. I can feel my blood pressure going up with every game :headache:. This series should have been over at the very least last night, but has turned into a 3-2 series (Bulls lead), with game 6 in Milwaukee on Thursday. I just hope they kick it into gear soon as their time is running out....and I don't know how much more I can take :rotfl::rotfl:.

I agree with Mickeynut! The appeal of CR to me is the convenience to the monorail, and with GW you lose that. Plus, that's way too far from the lounge IMO. I hope you can still get the two rooms in Atrium. That's something I want to try sometime too...I just have trouble straying from my favorite -GF:)

My original choice for this November was CR Atrium CL and then at the last minute I switched to GF...I'm happy with that decision but CR Atrium CL is on my wish list!

We have a deluxe CL res at WL. We are traveling with our 2 year old and would like it to be convenient to get to the lounge and the lobby. Which room or area would you recommend? I'm excited this is our first experience with club level :) thanks.

I sometimes stop to get some sweet and sour mix so I can make my own Amaretto Sour with the Disaronno that they put out for evening cordials:)

I was planning on getting some sweet and sour mix too, but pictures I have seen recently of the evening cordials have not included diSaronno...I am worried they don't have it any more! Does anyone know? Seriously, worried. Not like end-of-civilization worried, but...

I was planning on getting some sweet and sour mix too, but pictures I have seen recently of the evening cordials have not included diSaronno...I am worried they don't have it any more! Does anyone know? Seriously, worried. Not like end-of-civilization worried, but...
Uh oh...I hope they still have it! I want to know the answer to this too???? I would be upset too. It's not like I have to have it, but it's nice to have it down there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter