• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

So we have an upcoming trip in June, AKL CL 6/13&14, Cruise on the Dream 6/15-6/18, then Poly CL 6/19&20. Any advice from the seasoned travelers out there on what not to miss during our stay and how to best use the IPO service. For example, has anyone done the safari at AKL? Our traveling crew consists of me and DH, as well as DS 12, and DD 8 (will be 9 on 6/30). Last time for us to Disney was when DS was 3 and DD was an infant. Thanks for the help.

Needless to say we are super excited!

Have you made ADRs for any character dinners? For us, this is a big part of the experience:)

I too am interested in the texting. I posted my question on BC thread and no one responded. I'll be CL BC tomorrow. I received a welcome letter when I first booked back in Oct. It had a phone number and fax number, but no info about texting. Can it be used for 4th FP? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks for your help.

We received an email just a week or so prior to our stay..this was at the GF....and it encouraged us to text IPO prior to arrival to just set everything up...any time we texted after that they responded with my name...It was great for booking a 4th FPP and more...also great for changing dining on the fly..a very nice CL perk IMO....:thumbsup2

We are staying BC CL next month for the first time. Can someone explain about the texting? We have not received a welcome letter, only a letter saying they will be doing construction while we are there. TIA! :flower:

Its such a nice way to have IPO help you out while you are out and about..we have changed dining..booked activites..and added FPP through via text...:goodvibes

So we have an upcoming trip in June, AKL CL 6/13&14, Cruise on the Dream 6/15-6/18, then Poly CL 6/19&20. Any advice from the seasoned travelers out there on what not to miss during our stay and how to best use the IPO service. For example, has anyone done the safari at AKL? Our traveling crew consists of me and DH, as well as DS 12, and DD 8 (will be 9 on 6/30). Last time for us to Disney was when DS was 3 and DD was an infant. Thanks for the help.

Needless to say we are super excited!

Pre trip...IPO is great for booking ADRs...and activites...and for checking availability for something that might not have been available at the time of booking...We have gotten BOG dinner ressies this way a few time....:thumbsup2 While you are on property IPO can help with everything mentioned and then some....There is so much to keep busy with in the parks....I would say just don't miss the new Festival of Fantasy parade in the MK..its terrific.... Sounds like you have a fabulous trip booked!! Enjoy!!

Dispro Your furbaby sounds like a hoot!! :goodvibes

We stayed at BC CL at the same time as @TJA and we did not get the info about the 4th FP texting. We didn't need it though - we were magically granted 4th FP's to use at our choice of attractions no scheduling needed. It was something they were testing and it worked pretty nicely for us!

OK I want to do this! :) It sounds amazing and like an awesome perk for CL guests.

For those of you who have asked, in the normal letter received at check-in, rather than just listing a telephone number to call, it also lists a number specifically to text. I knew from here on the DIS that I could use this texting for help with FPs, so I took the plunge and asked for 4th FPs and magically they could get whatever we needed. The first couple of days I went to the park kiosks and couldn't get any 4th FPs at all, but via texting service I could get anything I wanted. It was amazing and I gave 5 star feedback on that service! I am praying it's at the Poly by July. Anyone know....

Last edited:
You should receive it when you check in and yes, it can be used for the 4th fast pass and beyond. My understanding was that only a few CL resorts had the texting feature in operation at this time.

As of Jan, AKL did not have the texting. (I posted a few times about this if anyone looks back.)

According to this thread, it did- or maybe did at one point?

Since texting is just in trial - I wouldn't count on any resort having it. WDW could pull the plug at any time.

It seems like BC, CR, GF have it. Maybe BWK. Not yet at AKL, WL.

Thank you so much for all your replies, they were all really helpful!

My personal feelings are that as long as you're staying on the lagoon side (which you are), you shouldn't be overly affected by construction noise. We are staying on that side (lagoon) in a couple months, and we're not at all worried about the east pool happenings.

That being said, if it does indeed bother you too much, then I don't think it's ever a problem to switch resorts. Especially due to construction noise. I don't think the CL rooms at other resorts would be completely filled at the end of September....it gets a bit more crowded once October hits, though.

Thanks for this, I'll have to come back in a couple of months and see how your experience on the lagoon side was. I hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

You'd be able to move if there were room at the resort you wanted. Your stay coincides with the Gartner Symposium (October 4 through October 8th), so you might find that there is no availability to switch at all. Gartner is a huge conference (10-15K attendees, plus all the Gartner workers), so most of the resorts fill up completely at that time. I went last year and all the Epcot resorts were completely sold out. There were rooms available at the Contemporary Garden wing only during that week. (I had to get a room for a co-worker and that was the only option).

If I were you, I'd change now if I felt that the possibility of being near construction would ruin my trip. If it would be a minor nuisance that I could live with, then I'd stay put at the Poly. It's really more about what you can tolerate risk wise than anything.

I just looked - there is not a lot of availability on club level for your dates as it is now. The Beach Club is already completely sold out for your dates. The Yacht only has Lagoon/Pool Club available, Boardwalk has only Standard Club available. The Contemporary only has Theme Park view available now for Club level. GF has both Sugar Loaf and RPC rooms available. If you are thinking about switching, I'd do it now.

One nice thing is that the Gartner people are not in the parks during the day, so even though the resorts are sold out, it doesn't have a big impact on lines.

Thanks so much! I had no idea about the Gartner Symposium, that's good to know about. And thank you for checking the availability, I appreciate it! It definitely looks like we need to decide upon now. The Contemporary looks quite appealing and we've never stayed there before. I better start researching!

1. Look at what is available. Disney can only give you what is available.
2. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Seems they are filling up more now that the rates are posted beside regular rooms.
3. yes, you would only pay the rate of the room you want. However, if you have a discount code now (or then) only a certain number of rooms are allocated for each discount, and they are only available certain dates. Also, if you have a package deal (room+plus ticket and maybe +dining plan via WDW), then you have to consider that as well. It is possible to book a room only (buy tickets separately), two room only , or a package/room only combo. (If you currently have a package deal, you'll want to keep the package for the first part, and make the second resort room only). Disney makes it cost prohibitive to book two packages, you're far better off doing the second hotel as room only.

When you book a package, you pay $200 now, with the balance due at 45 days, and penalties for cancelling closer than 45 days. If you book room only, you pay one night now, with the hotel balance due at check-in. You can also cancel up to 5 days before you go with full refund. Often that's the better way to go, IMO.

If you simply modify room only, no changes. If you change your reservation from a package to room only- technically Disney has to refund your deposit- then recharge it, but you probably won't notice, unless your cc is about to close for the month.

There are more detailed explanations available on the parent website of the DIS.

We like split stays. It takes a little creative packing, but with CL, splits = new lounge, new resort, new pool, different park proximity. Disney will also transfer bags for free, you just have to use bell services. (and maybe lose half a day of room access)

This is great information, thank you! That's just what I meant by "easier said than done", we got a discounted room so it seems like it might be more difficult. I think I will call Disney and see exactly what our options are and which other resorts would be available to us. Thanks again!

I agree with TJA in that I don't think staying on the lagoon side will be an issue, but I also agree with AliceIn on changing your reservation now if you have any doubt. With Food and Wine starting in October (is it Oct. 1st?) there seem to be a lot of couples who love to stay CL, plus the convention/meeting that AliceIn mentioned. To me, there isn't a significant price difference between Poly CL, CR CL and GF SL. BC CL is less expensive than all the monorail resorts, but I'm sure they would refund you the difference if you changed your reservation to BC. But as Mickeyluvr said, if you are booked with a certain discount, it may or may not be available for another resort during the time you are going. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the construction noise on the lagoon side since the bungalows and lava pool are done at Poly, but you could hop on the Poly thread and see what they think. Maybe there's someone who is there right now:)

Thanks for the info! Food and Wine is starting on September 25th this year, so we are expecting it to get a little busy! I'm hoping the lagoon side of the building will be fine too, I'll have to check out some reports of people who are there now :goodvibes I just want to get it right, if all goes well I think we'll LOVE the Poly, and I don't really want to move resorts if it's not necessary. But I'd be pretty disappointed if the Poly was a mess. The Contemporary looks good and we haven't stayed there yet so maybe I'll look into it :goodvibes

We were just at the Poly CL TPV in February - we were supposed to stay there the whole week and then we decided to leave midweek to go to the BC CL. We were so glad that we did. When we were there - there was construction everywhere. Right outside our window - at 7am you would hear the trucks. We didn't like the walls that are up all over - it made it more confusing to walk anywhere. Especially that my parents were there - and it was harder for them to walk. The theme park view was nice but all you would see was trucks moving back and forth.

We loved the BC CL - our rooms were beautiful. I posted pics earlier. The lounge was huge and had so much more food selections than the Poly. I truly was unimpressed with the Poly with all the construction - the staff seemed scarce and preoccupied. We will try it again someday but not with any construction.

I'm sorry your time at the Poly wasn't enjoyable :sad2: I don't blame you for moving, people spend a fortune on that resort, especially CL TPV so it's such a shame when they can't deliver the magic. But I'm glad you enjoyed the Beach Club! I love the Beach Club, but somebody has mentioned that there is no availability for our stay. I think most of the construction that you encountered in February has finished now, so hopefully we won't be as disrupted as you were. But it's still something you don't really want to see! I agree, I think you should give it another chance once all of the construction is complete, hopefully it will be a completely different experience! :thumbsup2

Loved the AKL Safari we did 3 years ago which also had a dinner after. Thought it was funny that they referred to the animals as not mating but dating...we were all adults on our Safari so we got a good chuckle out of the Disney wording !

We did almost the exact same trip as you... AKL CL, then DCL, then Poly CL. I don't have much advice, but I have to say it was one of the best trips ever. People looked so sad the morning we were leaving the ship (since they had to go home) and we were excited to start our stay at the Poly. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We're here! Love Jambo House and the CMs are wonderful. I do not envy anyone staying at Kidani. That is one hike. I'm 130% of my step goal.

We've decided the Jungle Juice is much improved with coconut rum! Pictures are uploading. I'll get some up after dinner!

Cheers!

Liz

First, I can't seem to resiz pictures in my tablet so sorry if they are too large!

More AKL details: we were not offered texting for FP but we didn't ask either sine we aren't hitting parks while we're here.

Travel to DTD is HORRIBLE especially on Saturday evening. We waited 30 minutes for the bus and it took another 45 minutes to actually get there due to traffic!

The lounge area is beautiful and overlooks the lobby from the 6th floor. It reminds me of WL but a bit brighter.

We missed morning offerings yesterday but midday snacks were nice. They have a spiced nut mix that I loved. Of course Jungle Juice is there all day and the kettle chips. High Tea was scones and Devonshire cream with cookies and a cranberry granola bar.

Evening offerings were a shrimp curry, crispy chick pea bites that were made upstairs by a guy standing there and a lovely sweet potato and chicken stew. They all had a hint of spice to them. For dessert, there was a blueberry flan (I think these weren't labeled) and a key lime tart. There were also peanut butter chocolate brownies I didn't try as well as the delicious cookies.

Wallpaper in the bath and the general room layout

And of course the view!

Liz

Liz Thanks for checking in!! :goodvibes and sharing your wonderful pics!!! Everything looks just beautiful. ...and sounds delicious. ..cause it always about the food. ..lol...I had read about the weekend traffic in the DTD area a while back..guess it hasn't improved..:eek:....

Hope you keep having a great trip...:goodvibes

Liz - wow great pics! No worries about the size! AKL sounds like it has wonderful food offerings -- really makes me want to try a CL stay there. Enjoy!

Morning offerings are incredible. I had a taste of the oatmeal but my favorite was the quinoa. I added fresh blueberries and raspberries and it was great! Tons of fresh fruit bagels muffins and a delicious cinnamon bun.

We strolled into Animal Kingdom about 8:30 with zero line wait for bag check or ticket check. Tried both Dark and Coconut Rum Dole Whips. Coconut is more subtle while the Dark is boldly rum!

Pics of Harambe fruit market that was new to me. Also Lion King show area I thought is very well done.

Weather is magical so far!

Liz

We check in Friday to BC!!

Is BC using he CL text? We got an email on our last GF stay with the number, but I haven't gotten on this time

We check in Friday to BC!!

Is BC using he CL text? We got an email on our last GF stay with the number, but I haven't gotten on this time

Enjoy your stay! Yes, BC CL is using the texting service. The number is listed on the Welcome letter upon check-in and in December we were also given a business card with the phone number for the texting service.

At BC CL now. I wanted to love it more then WL CL but cm's don't seem as knowledgable as WL. Maybe they need training? The breakfast was wonderful. It's only my second day so I'll try to be open minded. Have to say hotel front desk staff were amazing

Enjoy your stay! Yes, BC CL is using the texting service. The number is listed on the Welcome letter upon check-in and in December we were also given a business card with the phone number for the texting service.
Thank you!

Maybe GF just does it before you arrive

Thank you!

Maybe GF just does it before you arrive

When we were at BC last month, the CM said the CL's are experimenting the texting service different ways just to see what works best. But he said it's getting rave reviews and working very well for both the CM's and the guests. Personally, I'd like to touch base via text before we arrive (like at GF) so I can just continue on that same text each day. I will just die if Poly isn't doing it. We were so spoiled by the service at BC.

At BC CL now. I wanted to love it more then WL CL but cm's don't seem as knowledgable as WL. Maybe they need training? The breakfast was wonderful. It's only my second day so I'll try to be open minded. Have to say hotel front desk staff were amazing

Keep trying -- there are some good ones. Look for Neil, Cameron, or I think her name is Jen (straight blonde hair, young, always smiling).

I agree that breakfast is awesome! Loved the combo of the meats, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs.

I hope the texting service is available at GF CL in November! I don't know how much we'll use it but I purposefully didn't make any lunch ADRs and only two breakfast ADRs so we could play our trip by ear and spend more time enjoying CL options. So the texting option could be great if we feel like we do want a sit down breakfast or lunch while we are there and we can just text to see what's available.

And I haven't spent too much time looking at FP yet but could see how getting more FPs could be cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter