EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I wouldn't worry about it! It's hard with emails to know how to read what is written and sometimes tell whether they are being "short" with you or just factual! Hopefully all future communications are obviously friendly and inviting in tone so, like Dispro said, the rest is all MAGICAL :wizard:

And, I love WL. I've never stayed CL there but it is a beautiful hotel. I grew up in FL and so as a kid we always went to the parks. Then after we moved we would still go to the parks when we went back to FL to visit family. When I got married I was living in OH and my DH had never been to WDW. So for his 30th birthday I surprised him with a trip. I asked him to take a few days off because my parents were in town. Then I bought a pair of Mickey ears and had the engraved with his name and I wrapped them. When he opened the box he looked confused and then said, "Are we going to Disney World?" When I told him yes he got so excited! We stayed at WL and we had an amazing time. It was my first time really experiencing the full Disney experience as well - we never stayed onsite growing up in FL or when we were back visiting family and we never ate anything but snacks and QS in the park - so this was a whole new side of WDW for me to love as an adult!

I LOVE that story! My husband had been to Disney once as a child, so he didn't really remember that much...so when we went for the first time with our kids he was hooked! And he loves going just the two of us too! There are so many different things to do there. We have thought about buying a vacation home in Orlando, but after talking to people that live there, we discovered something we didn't like...they don't vacation at Disney! They have AP and go on a random weekend, but like you said, they don't stay in Disney hotels. So we decided we are sticking to what we love...Disney CL!

Just returned last week from our first WLCL stay. We arrived 4/19, we were not meet by anyone at MD drop off. I think a bus had just arrived prior to ours, so I had to find someone to take us upstairs. Our room wasn't ready, so we headed off to the parks after grabbing a quick snack. Upon our return, our MB worked for the elevator but not our room (we received a text with our room number). So, that had to be fixed. We did have a chocolate Mickey totem pole next to the rules of the lounge in our room when we were able to finally get in. I had requested a room close to the lounge and elevator, which was done. We had 7106, which overlooked the WLV. You can't see out the balcony, so the view wasn't really important. The food was great! We've only stayed at the YC CL before this, and it was quite different. First, I like that it's still the old way of being able to pour your own drinks. Second, the portions were huge. One night there was a pulled pork or something that you put on a hamburger bun. I hadn't made a lot of dinner ressies, so that worked out well because we were stuffed! Third, I liked there was actually a place to leave your dirty dishes, so you didn't have to leave them on the table. I also enjoyed that it looked over the lobby, although sometimes, that could be loud with dinner going on downstairs. My daughter was there with the her band and missed out, but hearing how different it was from YCCL, now she's demanding a trip to the WLCL, too. I'm sure she won't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to go back. lol So, do recommend the WLCL to anyone wondering if it's a good choice.

Does anyone know if your IPO will assist you in making ADR's with an extra person that is not on CL? We will have a family friend with us staying at another resort non CL and wanted to know if the IPO would make ADR's for 7 instead of 6?

Does anyone know if your IPO will assist you in making ADR's with an extra person that is not on CL? We will have a family friend with us staying at another resort non CL and wanted to know if the IPO would make ADR's for 7 instead of 6?
Yep.. Not a problem.. They have done it for me several times

Just returned last week from our first WLCL stay. We arrived 4/19, we were not meet by anyone at MD drop off. I think a bus had just arrived prior to ours, so I had to find someone to take us upstairs. Our room wasn't ready, so we headed off to the parks after grabbing a quick snack. Upon our return, our MB worked for the elevator but not our room (we received a text with our room number). So, that had to be fixed. We did have a chocolate Mickey totem pole next to the rules of the lounge in our room when we were able to finally get in. I had requested a room close to the lounge and elevator, which was done. We had 7106, which overlooked the WLV. You can't see out the balcony, so the view wasn't really important. The food was great! We've only stayed at the YC CL before this, and it was quite different. First, I like that it's still the old way of being able to pour your own drinks. Second, the portions were huge. One night there was a pulled pork or something that you put on a hamburger bun. I hadn't made a lot of dinner ressies, so that worked out well because we were stuffed! Third, I liked there was actually a place to leave your dirty dishes, so you didn't have to leave them on the table. I also enjoyed that it looked over the lobby, although sometimes, that could be loud with dinner going on downstairs. My daughter was there with the her band and missed out, but hearing how different it was from YCCL, now she's demanding a trip to the WLCL, too. I'm sure she won't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to go back. lol So, do recommend the WLCL to anyone wondering if it's a good choice.

Agree entirely! Loved all those things about WL CL! Overall, it's my favorite CL right now. :)

I LOVE that story! My husband had been to Disney once as a child, so he didn't really remember that much...so when we went for the first time with our kids he was hooked! And he loves going just the two of us too! There are so many different things to do there. We have thought about buying a vacation home in Orlando, but after talking to people that live there, we discovered something we didn't like...they don't vacation at Disney! They have AP and go on a random weekend, but like you said, they don't stay in Disney hotels. So we decided we are sticking to what we love...Disney CL!

The idea of having a permanent home in Orlando seems awesome but I think you are right that you would miss out on the total experience by planning a trip and getting to stay onsite! Not that it still wouldn't be awesome! And my DH's surprise trip was definitely a good memory for us. My DH got his first time to Disney pin and his birthday pin and wore them the whole trip. My DH is a pretty serious guy so it really was amazing to see him have so much fun. At one point we were holding hands and he was almost running to one of the rides dragging me along - LOL!

It sounds like your DH had a similar amazing experience! Haha - good job on getting him hooked! My DH is getting Disney'd out though - I didn't get him hooked! And I just want to keep going back to recreate that same experience for him that he had on the first trip but I have to realize I can't. Part of the enjoyment was because it was his first time and this was back in 2006 when we literally had no lines. There were no crowds and we could just walk on to everything! Then we went again in 2013 and stayed in AKL and stayed CL and we both loved the hotel but the crowds in the parks were horrible. Both trips were the exact same week at the end of January and it was a crazy different experience. There were several large tour groups there and we couldn't even walk at times because they kept stopping and took up the whole sidewalk in the World Showcase so we finally just left. I went twice with my parents and a child they have custody of between the 2006 and 2013 trips with my DH and one of those times was at Christmas...so 2013 was nowhere near as bad as Christmas but it wasn't 2006 levels that's for sure. So, long story short, this trip in November will be his third trip and I'm trying to do a better job of balancing resort/pool time with parks so that even if there are crowds we won't be battling them constantly. Our past trips were Day 1 arrive, Day 2-4/5 do parks, Day 5/6 leave. Now I'm trying to do something in between each park day and we'll skip AK and try our first party with MVMCP. I'm hoping RPC will be perfect for the slower pace and that the weather is warm enough for swimming. We shall see!

Hi there!

First time to WDW and we are staying at Sugar Loaf in the fall.
Question; what happens if I have submitted booking reservations enquiries to both my TA and IPO? Should I cancel one of them or see who gets the better times and cancel ones we don't need? Not sure of the protocol.

Thank you!

Hi there!

Question; what happens if I have submitted booking reservations enquiries to both my TA and IPO? Should I cancel one of them or see who gets the better times and cancel ones we don't need? Not sure of the protocol.

Thank you!

Definitely cancel the ones you don't want to free them up for other guests.

The idea of having a permanent home in Orlando seems awesome but I think you are right that you would miss out on the total experience by planning a trip and getting to stay onsite! Not that it still wouldn't be awesome! And my DH's surprise trip was definitely a good memory for us. My DH got his first time to Disney pin and his birthday pin and wore them the whole trip. My DH is a pretty serious guy so it really was amazing to see him have so much fun. At one point we were holding hands and he was almost running to one of the rides dragging me along - LOL!

It sounds like your DH had a similar amazing experience! Haha - good job on getting him hooked! My DH is getting Disney'd out though - I didn't get him hooked! And I just want to keep going back to recreate that same experience for him that he had on the first trip but I have to realize I can't. Part of the enjoyment was because it was his first time and this was back in 2006 when we literally had no lines. There were no crowds and we could just walk on to everything! Then we went again in 2013 and stayed in AKL and stayed CL and we both loved the hotel but the crowds in the parks were horrible. Both trips were the exact same week at the end of January and it was a crazy different experience. There were several large tour groups there and we couldn't even walk at times because they kept stopping and took up the whole sidewalk in the World Showcase so we finally just left. I went twice with my parents and a child they have custody of between the 2006 and 2013 trips with my DH and one of those times was at Christmas...so 2013 was nowhere near as bad as Christmas but it wasn't 2006 levels that's for sure. So, long story short, this trip in November will be his third trip and I'm trying to do a better job of balancing resort/pool time with parks so that even if there are crowds we won't be battling them constantly. Our past trips were Day 1 arrive, Day 2-4/5 do parks, Day 5/6 leave. Now I'm trying to do something in between each park day and we'll skip AK and try our first party with MVMCP. I'm hoping RPC will be perfect for the slower pace and that the weather is warm enough for swimming. We shall see!
We have noticed a HUGE difference in the crowd levels too. We only spend about 3 hours in the park unless we go back at night. We do FP rides and any that we like that don't have long wait times and then get out of the crowds. Remember that if you stay RPC, you are paying a lot more for the hotel than parks, so make sure to allow plenty of time to relax, listen to the band, eat and drink:) We enjoy CL every bit as much as the parks!

We were just there in April too and loved it as well. We were greeted at the front and were walked upstairs - maybe it was just busy when you got there. It is one of our new favorite hotels. I loved that we could see the geyser from our balcony. Loved it. :)

Thanks for posting about your trip! I just wanted to say -- I also couldn't believe the food portions when we stayed at WL CL. They were amazing. I expected the little dinner rolls for the pulled pork/sandwiches and was so shocked to see full-sized buns. And then on top of that, all of the sides to go with it! I appreciated the greek yogurt for breakfast too. All in all, the food was outstanding.

Just curious about the WL CL - - did you use online check in?

I'm not sure there are any advantages to online check in when staying CL, any thoughts would be appreciated.

These are probably ridiculous questions, but this is our first time staying CL so bear with me. I was wondering if it's acceptable to get breakfast in the lounge and bring it back to the room to eat or grab a banana to save for a snack later, or are you expected to only serve yourself what you will be eating in the lounge? Also, could you get a QS meal at the resort and eat it in the lounge? We are staying at WL and I've heard the seating at the Roaring Fork is a bit cramped.

Congrats on your first (upcoming) CL stay, WL CL is amazing! As others have said, it is perfectly fine to take food back to your room as well as get food from Roaring Forks and go back up to the lounge to eat :).

The CR pool doesn't thrill me, so I think I would rather try it in colder weather ( like our February trip), but then I would miss spending more time listening to the band because of the colder weather...ugh...decisions, decisions. I think a split stay to try it out will have to be the solution for me:)

It doesn't thrill me either, which is why I'm hesitant to change to the CR for an August trip. I probably wouldn't hesitate to book it in the winter, but like you, I love the GF during colder weather as the lobby and music is very inviting. Definitely makes choosing a resort very hard :sad2:.

I agree. Thank you!

We got the 2 atrium rooms. We can't wait. :yay:

You're welcome :).

Congrats on the 2 atrium CL rooms. I'm sure you'll love it :wizard:.

And, I love WL. I've never stayed CL there but it is a beautiful hotel.

I grew up in FL and so as a kid we always went to the parks. Then after we moved we would still go to the parks when we went back to FL to visit family. When I got married I was living in OH and my DH had never been to WDW. So for his 30th birthday I surprised him with a trip. I asked him to take a few days off because my parents were in town. Then I bought a pair of Mickey ears and had the engraved with his name and I wrapped them. When he opened the box he looked confused and then said, "Are we going to Disney World?" When I told him yes he got so excited! We stayed at WL and we had an amazing time. It was my first time really experiencing the full Disney experience as well - we never stayed onsite growing up in FL or when we were back visiting family and we never ate anything but snacks and QS in the park - so this was a whole new side of WDW for me to love as an adult!

I agree, WL is amazing!! We've had 2 great stays at the WL (one CL) and while we do enjoy trying different resorts, the WL remains one of our favorites.

Love the story about your DH :goodvibes.

Thanks for your review, glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed WL CL :). WL is one of our favorite resorts and we found CL to be amazing!

I never use IPO for any of our CL stays as I like making my own ADRs, but I don't think that would be a problem :).

I'm hoping RPC will be perfect for the slower pace and that the weather is warm enough for swimming. We shall see!

I think RPC is a great choice for a slower pace :thumbsup2. Even if you weren't planning down time at the resort, I think once you got there you would change your mind to experience everything about the GF and RPC, that's how great it is :goodvibes.

Hi there!

Thank you!

You can see who gets what and cancel any duplicates :).

People who have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level lately... Are they still serving Jungle Juice Mimosas?!

I can't help, but hopefully someone who has been there recently will be able to answer your question :flower3:.

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1: I am so sorry I've been MIA the last several days, I've been chained to my computer and phone with the gosh darn discount release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet??????? :faint: I love Disney, I love Disney, I love Disney, but for the love of Pete this week was a nightmare. Worse than a nightmare, a nightmare FANTASMIC!!!! :scared1: I think I can safely say (knock on wood) the worst is over, so I'm back to the DISboards to find my happy place. :disrocks:

I am so sorry if I missed anyone who wanted to be added to our Guest List on page 1. I scrolled back and found one person, but if I missed someone please just send me a PM and I'll get you added asap! :cheer2:

I am so ready for vacation I can't even tell you! Only 86 days til I'm living the Grand life drinkin' my Grand Splash ;) and enjoying a break from work and this insane life. :cloud9: Man after this week I need this trip to come quicker.

Hope everyone is doing well and having great trips and trip planning!!! I just shared this video this morning on my website and thought I'd link here too in case anyone needs a little mid-morning pick me up!

I filmed it with my iPhone so not the greatest quality, but the music makes me happy!!! :earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl:

We just booked WL CL Honeymoon Suite for our 1 night stay before sailing on the Dream. We stayed there last year and with the new discount offer our room is only $16.92 more than we paid last year using a pin code. Looking forward to a relaxing stay.

Sounds great! :)

I bet your DH will really enjoy a WDW vacation that is balanced between park visits and relaxing resort days...Its the best of both worlds IMO...and being at the GF for those down days will make if even better! MVMCP will surely get you into the holiday spirit too!! It will be a memorable trip for sure! :goodvibes

We have noticed a HUGE difference in the crowd levels too. We only spend about 3 hours in the park unless we go back at night. We do FP rides and any that we like that don't have long wait times and then get out of the crowds. Remember that if you stay RPC, you are paying a lot more for the hotel than parks, so make sure to allow plenty of time to relax, listen to the band, eat and drink:) We enjoy CL every bit as much as the parks!

:thumbsup2 We do too....this is one of the reasons that we really enjoy the new FPP system..which I initially wasn't in favor of....

We just booked WL CL Honeymoon Suite for our 1 night stay before sailing on the Dream. We stayed there last year and with the new discount offer our room is only $16.92 more than we paid last year using a pin code. Looking forward to a relaxing stay.

Congratulations!!! :goodvibes and WTG with that nice discount..disney math at its finest! :thumbsup2

Welcome back Ericka ..Thanks for sharing your video!

Okay- dumb question time- What does RPC, I've seen it on the Grand Floridian Board but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it means.

Thanks for posting about your trip! I just wanted to say -- I also couldn't believe the food portions when we stayed at WL CL. They were amazing. I expected the little dinner rolls for the pulled pork/sandwiches and was so shocked to see full-sized buns. And then on top of that, all of the sides to go with it! I appreciated the greek yogurt for breakfast too. All in all, the food was outstanding.
This is very exciting for my next stay. I saw they had like one Gluten free option a night- hopefully if they know someone with a gluten allergy is there they will make a little effort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter