Welcome to cattle encounters of the 4th diMOOnsion!

Maybe he went back to work sooner than expected. I hope he is ok.

Brandi, if we don't hear from you for a few days we know you are enjoying your weekend:thumbsup2

My tree finally arrived today. I can finally feel like it is christmas. I could plant it in the atrium where the water spicket is, tree will always be watered.:rotfl2:

That is awesome.... Have a wonderful day, vacation starts tomorrow?

Yup yup - or today at 5 (4 hours!!). I just finished my lunch - showered and got a bunch of my packing done (all my clothes). Now I just need to gather up random stuff (meds, chargers, jewelry, makeup, books, etc) and shoes and stuff it in the suitcases. I use packing cubes so the suitcase stuffing part is easy! Do you ever use packing cubes?? It makes me life so much easier. If I showed you my 4 cubes packed and told you what all was in there you'd be shocked (think 3 pairs of clothes for each day... workout, day, and evening... plus swimsuits, underwear, and jammies. Whew!)

Matt hasn't contacted me since this morning when he said they went into recess first thing so everyone could agree on the phrasing of the questions for the jury. Then they were to have closing arguments and I was hoping he could call me after that. But it seems like maybe they went straight to deliberations without a break (because closing arguments wouldn't take 3 hours, right?!)

Maybe he went back to work sooner than expected. I hope he is ok.

Brandi, if we don't hear from you for a few days we know you are enjoying your weekend:thumbsup2

My tree finally arrived today. I can finally feel like it is christmas. I could plant it in the atrium where the water spicket is, tree will always be watered.:rotfl2:

Tomorrow night we are going to the lighting of the boats... On the harbour in Annapolis, all the boats light up and hopefully I will have great pictures?

Glad you got your tree. pictures when things are decorated?

Yup yup - or today at 5 (4 hours!!). I just finished my lunch - showered and got a bunch of my packing done (all my clothes). Now I just need to gather up random stuff (meds, chargers, jewelry, makeup, books, etc) and shoes and stuff it in the suitcases. I use packing cubes so the suitcase stuffing part is easy! Do you ever use packing cubes?? It makes me life so much easier. If I showed you my 4 cubes packed and told you what all was in there you'd be shocked (think 3 pairs of clothes for each day... workout, day, and evening... plus swimsuits, underwear, and jammies. Whew!)

Matt hasn't contacted me since this morning when he said they went into recess first thing so everyone could agree on the phrasing of the questions for the jury. Then they were to have closing arguments and I was hoping he could call me after that. But it seems like maybe they went straight to deliberations without a break (because closing arguments wouldn't take 3 hours, right?!)

I have never used those? Do you use them all the time? Can you take pictures? I need to see what all you can get in them?

I have never used those? Do you use them all the time? Can you take pictures? I need to see what all you can get in them?

Yeah I will take some pics of what they look like and tell you what is in them!

I use them ALL the time. I esp like that I can use them as drawer liners (just unzip, fold back lid, and slide in)

OK I took some pics! I tried to include some other objects for sizing purposes. The duffy is one of the smaller ones. And the umbrella is one of the little Totes ones.

This is the large packing cube:

E06D7AEE-D076-4156-8529-38CF3283CDBC-10918-000004DE57A22E13.jpg

In here I have: 6 dresses, 2 pair of slacks, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of capris, 1 pair of shorts, 4 blouses, and 7 t-shirts. I think that's everything. It is stuffed pretty full!

This is the medium sized one:

AED61429-CF80-4667-9161-B5EEC6B9C8E5-10918-000004DE5E88418C.jpg

In here I have: 4 pair of workout pants (cotton ones and not shorts), 4 tank tops, 5 sports bras, and 5 pairs of socks.

This is the small one:

6ACCF3FA-E6FA-421D-9519-63773A821463-10918-000004DE5B2F5532.jpg

In here I have enough underwear and bras for the week, including stick ons. It's not stuffed... was easy to zipper.

Finally, here is a slimline:

7464C678-ED9B-4679-8A77-9C6BE52BEACF-10918-000004DE61E42DF2.jpg

In here I have pajamas (T-shirt and cotton capris), slipper socks, swimsuit cover up, rashguard shirt.

I will say I am not a big fan of the slimlines. When I bought them I got 1 of the multi-size sets (small, med, large) and then the pack of 3 slimlines. If I could do it again I would just get like 1 large, 2 medium, and 2 small. That would be a great set. If I couldn't get it like that I would get 2 of the multi-size sets.

Mine are in pink and my husband's are in green so it's easy to keep out stuff separate. They have SO MANY more colors now - I am jealous that I don't have purple!! Or the paisley ones!

I got these at ebags.com and they are very durable... I'm surprised I haven't popped a zipper with how full I fill them. I've had them several years

ETA: I guess the slimlines are good for fitting into odd areas of the suitcase... but they are a pain to pack clothes in. I bet they'd be better for bathroom stuff, pills, etc.

Also... this makes unpacking on cruises easy as I can just take everything out of the suitcases quickly (in the packing cubes), throw them on the bad, nest the suitcases, and shove them under the bed. Since space is at a premium - it helps not having the big suitcases out!

Ughhhhhhhhh I am in a meeting and am getting totally peeved. There are 5 of us working on a project:

Me and a coworker in Tampa who are on the same page. A coworker in CA who is just helping us out and is great. And then 2 in Cleveland... one who doesn't do anything (which has been confirmed by her manager) and the other who just takes over and acts like a complete jerk. Everything has to be done his way and if we don't agree then whatever we say isn't relevant to the discussion. And I swear he is trying to use filibuster methods the way he runs on and on and on. I am going to scream!! He doesn't work on the same stuff as us so doesn't understand what we need. Jerk.

I may have to try those packing cubes for our trip next June. My only worry is that it will make it too easy to overpack my suitcases. Since we are flying, I have to keep them under 50 pounds.

But we use the put a few changes of clothes for each person in each bag method (in case one bag gets lost) so it would be really cool to color code them :thumbsup2

P.S. I love the Duffy. My DS has two now. Duffy is the original and DJ (Duffy Junior) is his backup since the original Duffy is getting really worn and I told DS we may need to take measures to save him soon (ex. not sleeping with him, etc). He wants to be able to keep him in one piece and put him in his keepsake box some day :goodvibes

Duffy is so well loved that he is even getting his own pair of new pajamas to open on Christmas eve (with the rest of our family) :rotfl:

I may have to try those packing cubes for our trip next June. My only worry is that it will make it too easy to overpack my suitcases. Since we are flying, I have to keep them under 50 pounds.

But we use the put a few changes of clothes for each person in each bag method (in case one bag gets lost) so it would be really cool to color code them :thumbsup2

P.S. I love the Duffy. My DS has two now. Duffy is the original and DJ (Duffy Junior) is his backup since the original Duffy is getting really worn and I told DS we may need to take measures to save him soon (ex. not sleeping with him, etc). He wants to be able to keep him in one piece and put him in his keepsake box some day :goodvibes

Duffy is so well loved that he is even getting his own pair of new pajamas to open on Christmas eve (with the rest of our family) :rotfl:

Weight can be an issue but if you put them with shoes which take up a lot of spaceit helps

Oh we love Duffy too! We have the big one and like 7 smaller ones (2011, Halloween, Christmas, St Pat's Day, Valentine's day, 40th anniversary, maybe another). Addicted! We have a LOT of clothes for the big one too

Woo Hoo!!! I hope you have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

I hope everything is going well with the case and they are wrapping it up right about now :thumbsup2

He just called and the case is over! WOOHOO!!! He is running to the post office for me then coming home. YAYs!

I'm glad you posted pics of packing cubes! I was researching them all day yesterday for my Disney trip in February!

so excited for you guys, you are going to have a wonderful time.

Thank you!! :)

I'm glad you posted pics of packing cubes! I was researching them all day yesterday for my Disney trip in February!

Oh that was lucky then!!

I really love them! I have the 4 I showed above in our large suitcase now along with our (big) caddy of shower stuff, 2 pairs of shoes, and there is still room! :)

TifffanyD said:
Thank you!! :)

Oh that was lucky then!!

I really love them! I have the 4 I showed above in our large suitcase now along with our (big) caddy of shower stuff, 2 pairs of shoes, and there is still room! :)

Oh wow! How big is your suitcase? I have a 28in gin lane style Jessica Simpson bag.

I do have a GINORMOUS suitcase that I actually fit in.....(don't ask.... Went a little crazy while trying to pack for study abroad) but its a pain in my patootie to bring. I have so many suitcases/travel totes, etc its crazy....

OK I took some pics! I tried to include some other objects for sizing purposes. The duffy is one of the smaller ones. And the umbrella is one of the little Totes ones.

This is the large packing cube:

E06D7AEE-D076-4156-8529-38CF3283CDBC-10918-000004DE57A22E13.jpg

In here I have: 6 dresses, 2 pair of slacks, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of capris, 1 pair of shorts, 4 blouses, and 7 t-shirts. I think that's everything. It is stuffed pretty full!

This is the medium sized one:

AED61429-CF80-4667-9161-B5EEC6B9C8E5-10918-000004DE5E88418C.jpg

In here I have: 4 pair of workout pants (cotton ones and not shorts), 4 tank tops, 5 sports bras, and 5 pairs of socks.

This is the small one:

6ACCF3FA-E6FA-421D-9519-63773A821463-10918-000004DE5B2F5532.jpg

In here I have enough underwear and bras for the week, including stick ons. It's not stuffed... was easy to zipper.

Finally, here is a slimline:

7464C678-ED9B-4679-8A77-9C6BE52BEACF-10918-000004DE61E42DF2.jpg

In here I have pajamas (T-shirt and cotton capris), slipper socks, swimsuit cover up, rashguard shirt.

I will say I am not a big fan of the slimlines. When I bought them I got 1 of the multi-size sets (small, med, large) and then the pack of 3 slimlines. If I could do it again I would just get like 1 large, 2 medium, and 2 small. That would be a great set. If I couldn't get it like that I would get 2 of the multi-size sets.

Mine are in pink and my husband's are in green so it's easy to keep out stuff separate. They have SO MANY more colors now - I am jealous that I don't have purple!! Or the paisley ones!

I got these at ebags.com and they are very durable... I'm surprised I haven't popped a zipper with how full I fill them. I've had them several years

ETA: I guess the slimlines are good for fitting into odd areas of the suitcase... but they are a pain to pack clothes in. I bet they'd be better for bathroom stuff, pills, etc.

Also... this makes unpacking on cruises easy as I can just take everything out of the suitcases quickly (in the packing cubes), throw them on the bad, nest the suitcases, and shove them under the bed. Since space is at a premium - it helps not having the big suitcases out!

Looks like you're all packed. Nice packing cubes!

Oh wow! How big is your suitcase? I have a 28in gin lane style Jessica Simpson bag.

I do have a GINORMOUS suitcase that I actually fit in.....(don't ask.... Went a little crazy while trying to pack for study abroad) but its a pain in my patootie to bring. I have so many suitcases/travel totes, etc its crazy....

It's BIG! haah - like if you get a set of several it's the big one!

TifffanyD said:
It's BIG! haah - like if you get a set of several it's the big one!

Haha ok so it's probs the one I fit in that I used for study abroad. That gives me an idea!

Tomorrow night we are going to the lighting of the boats... On the harbour in Annapolis, all the boats light up and hopefully I will have great pictures?

Glad you got your tree. pictures when things are decorated?

I may have a melt down first....Okay I need to get this out and just using emoticons.....:sad1::headache::faint: and all the other good stuff in between it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter