Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

Day 6 and some other things...

Good morning everyone!

Before I start with Day 6 plans, I wanted to tell you about the ticket drama I've been reading about on the Theme Parks and Strategies section of the DIS. :sad2: There is a thread about picking up tickets before your package starts, so naturally, I read it, because since we are arriving on 9/29, one day before our WL package starts, we would have to pick up our tickets early, which I've always been told is not a problem. Now apparently, it might actually be a problem. :scared1:

Some people are saying CM's are telling them that Disney is no longer letting people pick up their tickets before their package begins. :eek: No one really knows if this is true or not, there is an actual CM on the thread who works in ticketing, saying it's not true, but then there is another one on there claiming to be a CM, saying it is. :confused3 Who knows which one is right, now we're all just waiting for someone to go down and come back and tell us if we can still get our tickets early!

I'm hoping we can, I really want to be in the parks on our arrival night. I told Brandon there was a possibility that we might not be able to do that, and he said "well, cancel that first night then"! Haha, yeah right! :rotfl:

IF it's true, and we can't get our tickets early, then we might go to Universal that day. Or we might just hang out and relax. Maybe play some mini golf

DSC01307.jpg

I'm sure we will go over to DTD at some point if we can't be in the parks, so I made us an ADR at Raglan Road, just in case (which I'm already thinking of canceling and changing to Kona Cafe! :rotfl:)

1_Raglan_Road_Exterior.jpg

We might want to go over to the Poly and hang out on the beach, maybe watch Wishes or something.

I don't know. I'm really annoyed about all of this. I wish they wouldn't change policies like this right in the middle of the year, I think that's a little unfair. Wait until next year, and let people know a few months in advance so they can plan around the changes. I booked that extra night because I did my research, read the whole tickets FAQ sticky thread on the DIS and even asked on the Resorts section of the DIS if people can pick up their tickets from a package early, and I guess it's always been that you can pick them up at least 3 days early. Now of course, 8 weeks before my trip, they are trying to change things. :confused3 I'll keep you guys updated when I find out for sure.

Well, now to completely change the subject, I lost another 1.5 pounds! :yay: I was actually kind of nervous I wouldn't lose this week, I forgot that every time you lose 10 pounds, you have to adjust your points with WW, and I forgot to do that, so I've been eating the same amount, but I guess it didn't matter! Yay! Now only 17 more pounds til my goal for Disney! :woohoo:

Day 6 Plans!

This is our day of doing basically nothing! We have a late breakfast ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe

grand-floridian-cafe.jpg

and then the whole day is free, until later that night! Brandon wanted a day to go into Orlando and eat somewhere off Disney property, so it's up to him where we will be having dinner that night! I don't know what we're going to do all day, I'm hoping to go to the outlets at some point, and maybe hang out by the pool a little, but it will be nice to have a day to relax and not have to run around!

Later that night we will go over to

Fort-Wilderness.jpg

for our Haunted Carriage Ride, which I can't wait for! :yay: I think it's going to be so much fun, and I'm excited to see Fort Wilderness!

I'm sure by Tuesday, we are going to need this break, since we're going to be going crazy at the parks for 5 days up until then (unless of course, we can't get in to the parks on our arrival day :mad:)!

54 days! I can't wait!!! :yay:

Day 6 sounds great, hopefully you will be able to sort your ticket problem. Congrats in the weight loss, you're doing really well :)

All caught up! Your plans look fabulous. Like that picture of Simba from FOTLK. He looks different. I think you should definitely keep Raglan Road for dinner. It was quite possibly the best dinner experience I've had yet at Disney. Aside from Le Cellier of course :laughing:

That's interesting about the ticket drama. For what it's worth, when we went in January 2010, we had a package that started after two nights of room-only reservations. I had asked on the DIS way back then about getting the tickets early and the advice I got was to go to guest services AT THE MK. Apparently, they are better at handling these situations. So, that's what we did. We had absolutely no problem getting our tickets early and then upgrading them to APs. So, even if the policies are maybe changing, I would still say plan on the MK guest services as the best place to get the tickets. I hope they still do it!

Congrats on the continued weight loss!

Congrats on the weight loss again!!!

I had no idea you could pick up tickets before your MYW package started haha. That's news to me and I worked there a year and 1/2 lol. I always just assumed you could just check in super early the day you package starts and get the tickets then??!!

Sorry for all the confusion!!! Mini golf is a good back-up and DTD is too..maybe even The Boardwalk..Universal is good too!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the WW info. I did WW back in high school with my mom but I'm sure I threw all the info away when we moved from PA to OH so I'd have no idea how many points I would do now and how to track it on things that aren't marked with WW points. Let me know if you have any advice or tips!

Congratulations on the weight loss! Your goal is just around the corner!

I have no feedback on the ticket situation, because we always have annuals. Maybe you should think about calling Disney and just asking? Might get the answer you want. However, I think going to Universal might be fun. :laughing:

I hope you don't have any issues with your tickets, I hope that it is just a misunderstanding with someone who is confused!

YAY for losing weight again!! I am trying to join weight watchers myself, but I am not sure if I should go to meetings or just do it online :confused3

I can't wait to hear about the carriage ride!! :goodvibes

Oh no on the ticket situation :sad2: Hope you are able to get them early and spend an extra day in the parks. Hanging out at Poly sounds like a good backup option.

:woohoo: on losing another 1.5 pounds!! I'm hoping to have lost some pounds myself this week but we shall see if it happens :rolleyes1

Yay on having a relaxing day - love that you are finishing off with a Haunted Carriage ride!

YAY on the weightloss!!! Way to go :)

Hopefully there won't be any ticket drama problems for you!!!

Great job on your weight loss this week! :thumbsup2

Hope the issue with the park tickets is figured out soon. That would be a bummer if you can't pick them up early, but if not it does sound like you have a few options. Still frustrating, though!

Congrats on more weight loss! :banana:

I hope everything works out with your tickets. I've been hearing conflicting statements about that policy as well.

Great update! Keep 'em coming :)

Congrats on more weight loss.

I guess I'm glad we cancelled our package since no one seems to know if you can/can't get the tickets before package, etc. :confused3

There is so much conflicting information about tickets, its amazing. No wonder tickets get screwed up all the time. I hope you can get your early day, but if you can't there are still other fun things you could do.

Have you seen Cirque? It's excellent.

How about taking a DVC tour and seeing if you can score some FP's or whatever perk they are giving out? (you know - for research purposes and all that).

How about the new bowling alley in DTD (Will that be open?)

Will you have a car? If so - hit the outlets!!!!!

Even if you can't get your tickets I am sure you will find plenty of things to keep you occupied. Not such a bad problems to have.

Congrats on more weight loss! :thumbsup2 Good luck with the tickets... I hope everything goes smoothly.:goodvibes

Day 6 sounds great, hopefully you will be able to sort your ticket problem. Congrats in the weight loss, you're doing really well :)

Thanks! I hope we can get our tix early, but if not, there are lots of fun things we can do...still, I'd rather be in the parks! :thumbsup2

All caught up! Your plans look fabulous. Like that picture of Simba from FOTLK. He looks different. I think you should definitely keep Raglan Road for dinner. It was quite possibly the best dinner experience I've had yet at Disney. Aside from Le Cellier of course :laughing:

Thanks! I keep trying to find a place for Raglan Road, but I can't fit it in! If we can't get into the parks, I'll keep it, but if we are in Epcot, then I'll have to cancel! Someday I'll get there! :rotfl:

That's interesting about the ticket drama. For what it's worth, when we went in January 2010, we had a package that started after two nights of room-only reservations. I had asked on the DIS way back then about getting the tickets early and the advice I got was to go to guest services AT THE MK. Apparently, they are better at handling these situations. So, that's what we did. We had absolutely no problem getting our tickets early and then upgrading them to APs. So, even if the policies are maybe changing, I would still say plan on the MK guest services as the best place to get the tickets. I hope they still do it!

Congrats on the continued weight loss!

Huh, that's weird, I wonder why they said to go to the MK? I was going to try to get them at Epcot, since that's where we would be going first, but maybe I should go to MK! :confused3 I don't care where I have to go to get them, as long as I get them somehow! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :)

Noooo, don't cancel Raglan Road! :lmao:

LOL, I won't, if I can't get into the parks, I'm definitely going to go, but I'm hoping I'll be in Epcot that night! :laughing:

Congrats on the weight loss again!!!

I had no idea you could pick up tickets before your MYW package started haha. That's news to me and I worked there a year and 1/2 lol. I always just assumed you could just check in super early the day you package starts and get the tickets then??!!

Sorry for all the confusion!!! Mini golf is a good back-up and DTD is too..maybe even The Boardwalk..Universal is good too!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Yeah, I guess you can get your MYW tickets up to 3 days before your package starts, but because they just extended free dining, some people are saying they're not going to allow it anymore, so people don't stay somewhere cheaper the first few days or some nonsense. I don't know, I just hope we can get our tickets the first night, I don't like the idea of being so close to the parks and not being able to go in! :rotfl:

Thanks for the WW info. I did WW back in high school with my mom but I'm sure I threw all the info away when we moved from PA to OH so I'd have no idea how many points I would do now and how to track it on things that aren't marked with WW points. Let me know if you have any advice or tips!

Hmmm, I don't really know how to track points without access to a calculator...I know I had the actual equation written down a long time ago, but I have no idea where I put it! :scared1: I suppose you could always go to the meetings for a couple of weeks, and get all the info and then just do it on your own, that's what I used to do! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the weight loss! Your goal is just around the corner!

I have no feedback on the ticket situation, because we always have annuals. Maybe you should think about calling Disney and just asking? Might get the answer you want. However, I think going to Universal might be fun. :laughing:

Thanks! Ugh, 17 pounds still seems like so much! And that's just my Disney goal, I still have a lot more to lose than that all together! :scared1:

I think a few people have called and asked about the ticket situation, and they're not getting straight answers. I trust the actual CM's that are here on the DIS more than the random call center CM's, the ones on here actually work in tickets and guest relations, and they are both saying there is no change to the policy as of now, so we can still get our tickets early! So I'm just going to assume that I'll be able to, until I hear differently, I guess! :banana:

Although, Universal might be a fun change for the first day...still rather be at DIsney, though! :woohoo:

I hope you don't have any issues with your tickets, I hope that it is just a misunderstanding with someone who is confused!

YAY for losing weight again!! I am trying to join weight watchers myself, but I am not sure if I should go to meetings or just do it online :confused3

I can't wait to hear about the carriage ride!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I hope it's just a misunderstanding too, that's what it seems like as of now, but who knows what will happen in a few weeks! :eek:

I personally liked the meetings better for WW than online, I liked hearing people's tips, and weighing myself in front of a person (don't worry, only the WW worker sees your weight, not a whole group of people!). But online is a little cheaper, if that's a concern! Either way is good, I just preferred meetings! :yay:

I can't wait for the carriage ride, I think it's going to be so much fun!

Oh no on the ticket situation :sad2: Hope you are able to get them early and spend an extra day in the parks. Hanging out at Poly sounds like a good backup option.

:woohoo: on losing another 1.5 pounds!! I'm hoping to have lost some pounds myself this week but we shall see if it happens

Yay on having a relaxing day - love that you are finishing off with a Haunted Carriage ride!

I hope so too! Knowing me, I'd get so annoyed by being at Disney but not being able to go in the parks, I'd just buy a one day base ticket and go to Epcot! :rotfl:

Thanks! How did your weigh in go, did you lose anything?

Can't wait for the carriage ride, I love doing different things like this in Disney World! :banana:

YAY on the weightloss!!! Way to go :)

Hopefully there won't be any ticket drama problems for you!!!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

And I hope not...I hope we can just get our tickets and go right into Epcot!

Great job on your weight loss this week!

Hope the issue with the park tickets is figured out soon. That would be a bummer if you can't pick them up early, but if not it does sound like you have a few options. Still frustrating, though!

Thank you!

You're right, even though there are tons of things I could do that day, it's still annoying to think I might not be able to have my tix a day early! I mean, they're already paid for, I don't see what the problem is! :confused3 I just hope it all works out! :banana:

Congrats on more weight loss! :banana:

I hope everything works out with your tickets. I've been hearing conflicting statements about that policy as well.

Great update! Keep 'em coming :)

Thanks! :)

I hope the ticket thing works out too!! I'll be so upset if we try to get them and they tell us no! :sad1: :laughing:

Congrats on more weight loss.

I guess I'm glad we cancelled our package since no one seems to know if you can/can't get the tickets before package, etc. :confused3

Thanks!

It's weird, I just hope a few people that are going soon will come back and report if they picked up the tickets early or not, so we know one way or the other! :scared1: Disney and their policies! :rotfl:

There is so much conflicting information about tickets, its amazing. No wonder tickets get screwed up all the time. I hope you can get your early day, but if you can't there are still other fun things you could do.

Have you seen Cirque? It's excellent.

How about taking a DVC tour and seeing if you can score some FP's or whatever perk they are giving out? (you know - for research purposes and all that).

How about the new bowling alley in DTD (Will that be open?)

Will you have a car? If so - hit the outlets!!!!!

Even if you can't get your tickets I am sure you will find plenty of things to keep you occupied. Not such a bad problems to have.

No, I haven't seen Cirque! Great idea! :thumbsup2

LOL I can't do a DVC tour, I'll want to become a member, then I'll whine our whole vacation about not being able to yet! :laughing:

We will have a car, so the outlets are definitely and option! There are so many things to do in Disney/Orlando that I know we won't be bored, but I'll want to be in a park, I know it! :rotfl:

Good luck with the ticket issues! :hug:

Thanks Kat! :goodvibes Hope it all works out!

Congrats on more weight loss! :thumbsup2 Good luck with the tickets... I hope everything goes smoothly.:goodvibes

Thanks! :cool1: I hope everything is ok with the tickets too, I think we will know for sure in a week or so, when people start coming home from their trips saying if they still can get them early or not! I just have to be patient...something I'm not so good at...:rolleyes1

I hope so too! Knowing me, I'd get so annoyed by being at Disney but not being able to go in the parks, I'd just buy a one day base ticket and go to Epcot! :rotfl:

:laughing: That sounds like a plan!

How did your weigh in go, did you lose anything?

Don't get weighed until Wednesday so still have a day or two to make up for any damage limitation, lol!! Will let you know how I get on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter