Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

Congrats on getting your trip paid off!

Congrats on your continued weight loss! I'm so happy for you! I'm counting my points but not really losing yet...of course I keep falling off the bandwagon every other week so it's no wonder...:rolleyes1 I'm just having so much trouble staying motivated!

I also recommend Cirque if you guys can't get into the parks your first night. Dinner at RR and then the show afterwards? Sounds like a great night to me!

We booked our rooms yesterday for our July family trip! I can't wait to start my PTR!!

Just booked an Illuminations "Specialty" cruise for OCTOBER 8!! Have room for more! There is a max of 10 on the cruise and we only have 4!!

From what I had heard it was almost impossible to book these... Well here we are less than 60 days out and I just booked for October 8th!!! :yay:

We are supposed to meet at the Yacht Club Bay Side Marina 1 hour prior to Illuminations that evening - due to Food & Wine they are saying that Illuminations will be at 10PM. so probably a little before 9 then we will all meet.

There are 4 of us and the maximum is 10 so we can take up to 6 more. I'd like to split the cost equally. The cost for the boat is $346.13 with the tax and such. So if we get 10 people it will be less than $35 each (before suggested gratuity) pixiedust:

So if you would like to join with our little band of Disney fans!! Me & DH (extremely young fifties) :hippie: ... DD17 & DD11 - send me a post!!

Don't get weighed until Wednesday so still have a day or two to make up for any damage limitation, lol!! Will let you know how I get on.

LOL, I'm trying to make up for the horrible day I had eating yesterday, I mean, it was awful! :eek: Not expecting good news on the scale on Saturday! :sad2:

Congrats on getting your trip paid off!

Congrats on your continued weight loss! I'm so happy for you! I'm counting my points but not really losing yet...of course I keep falling off the bandwagon every other week so it's no wonder...:rolleyes1 I'm just having so much trouble staying motivated!

I also recommend Cirque if you guys can't get into the parks your first night. Dinner at RR and then the show afterwards? Sounds like a great night to me!

We booked our rooms yesterday for our July family trip! I can't wait to start my PTR!!

Thanks!

Ugh, I know, it's hard staying motivated when you aren't losing any weight. I'm having a hard time staying motivated right now, because even though I'm losing, I don't look any different, and that's frustrating. I've lost almost 15 pounds, and you can't even tell yet. :confused3 I just have so far to go still...

Cirque is a great idea if we can't get into the parks! :banana: I'm not going to worry about it now, but if it ends up that we can't get our tickets early, I'll definitely keep Cirque in mind, although, I don't think Brandon has any interest in Cirque! :eek:

Yay for booking your rooms! Where are you staying?

Just booked an Illuminations "Specialty" cruise for OCTOBER 8!! Have room for more! There is a max of 10 on the cruise and we only have 4!!

From what I had heard it was almost impossible to book these... Well here we are less than 60 days out and I just booked for October 8th!!! :yay:

We are supposed to meet at the Yacht Club Bay Side Marina 1 hour prior to Illuminations that evening - due to Food & Wine they are saying that Illuminations will be at 10PM. so probably a little before 9 then we will all meet.

There are 4 of us and the maximum is 10 so we can take up to 6 more. I'd like to split the cost equally. The cost for the boat is $346.13 with the tax and such. So if we get 10 people it will be less than $35 each (before suggested gratuity) pixiedust:

So if you would like to join with our little band of Disney fans!! Me & DH (extremely young fifties) :hippie: ... DD17 & DD11 - send me a post!!

Thank you for thinking of us for your cruise, it sounds like a lot of fun! :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, we will be flying home on October 8th! :sad1:

Ugh - I'm sorry to hear about the ticket confusion. I really hope it works out in your favor! As far as the CMs go, I have run across so many that aren't aware of the policies, that sometimes I think it's just up to luck as far as which one you get and what they will and won't let you do. :confused3 If you can't get your tickets, I think DTD is a great way to start off a trip. And we loved kicking things off with Wishes at the Poly beach, too! I'm sure you'll have a great time, no matter what you end up doing. :goodvibes

I hope you all are able to pick up your tickets when you want to. Going to the MK to get them seems like a good idea.

Day 6 sounds very relaxing. The Haunted Hayride should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear all about that.

Ugh - I'm sorry to hear about the ticket confusion. I really hope it works out in your favor! As far as the CMs go, I have run across so many that aren't aware of the policies, that sometimes I think it's just up to luck as far as which one you get and what they will and won't let you do. :confused3 If you can't get your tickets, I think DTD is a great way to start off a trip. And we loved kicking things off with Wishes at the Poly beach, too! I'm sure you'll have a great time, no matter what you end up doing. :goodvibes

I'm hoping the CM's that are telling people the policy has changed don't know what they are talking about! It won't be the end of the world if we can't get in the parks our first day, but it would be nice, considering that's why I added the extra day! :)

I really do want to watch Wishes from the Poly beach someday though, it sounds like fun! :banana:

I hope you all are able to pick up your tickets when you want to. Going to the MK to get them seems like a good idea.

Day 6 sounds very relaxing. The Haunted Hayride should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear all about that.

I hope so too! As soon as we check in to Pop, I'll probably make Brandon drive over to MK to see about our tickets, even though I know he'll be ready for a nap, I won't be able to rest until I know for sure! :laughing:

I can't wait for the Haunted Hayride, it's going to be fun to do something different! :cool1:

Day 7 Plans!

Hi everyone! I guess I should get this out of the way first, I gained weight this week. :sad1: I gained .5 pounds. It's not bad, but it's my first week since I've started WW that I've gained, so it's upsetting. However, I knew I had a bad week. I felt like I was starving the whole week and I just made bad choices. And I had a migraine on Thursday, so I drank a whole bottle of Gatorade and Coke (which always helps when I have a migraine) so that's a lot of empty calories right there. I'm hoping this week will be better! :thumbsup2

I think next week I might combine Days 8 and 9 of our trip for that update, and then I will do departure day the week after so I can start doing more fun things on this PTR, like countdown lists! :dance3: I'm getting bored doing the day by day plans! :rotfl:

Day 7 Plans!

I'm actually really excited about this day...it's an ENTIRE day of Epcot! :woohoo:

So we don't have to be there at any certain time, but once we do get there, I'd like to try to get in a quick ride on

epcot-land-disney-picture-001.jpg

if the line isn't too bad, and if it is, grab an FP for later!

Brandon will be happy that we are finally eating at his favorite place in the World today...

Le-Cellier-Steakhouse-DSC07620-300x225.jpg

He's probably not going to be happy that we have to wait til Wednesday to eat here, but I couldn't really fit it in anywhere else! :laughing:

Once we are stuffed, we will probably spend a lot of time in World Showcase!

Maybe we will stop in France to see if this lovely girl is around and maybe I'll be brave enough to finally meet her!

5315978777_709f77ef5c.jpg

Hopefully I'll be hungry again soon so I can stop in Germany and get something caramel-y and yummy!

thumbphp.png

And maybe visit another Princess who I've always been to nervous to meet

SnowWhite.jpg

We will have to go on

p610607164-3.jpg

sometime during the day, and also visit Mexico

granfiesta_pouty_jose.jpg

I'm guessing we will need a break and go back to WL for a while, because it's EMH night at Epcot, and I plan to be there til the very end! We don't have a dinner ADR for this night (although I'm wondering now if I should make one, just in case...) because I was planning to sample all of the wonderful Food and Wine goodies again

planter-1-500x280.jpg

but I might need a back up dinner ADR, just in case...hmmm...or maybe we can just pick something up at WL before we head back! What do you think would be better? :confused3

Like I said, I can't wait for this day! Epcot is my favorite place in all of WDW, so I'm excited for an entire day to be in this park!

I'm getting SO anxious for our trip to get here now! 7 more weeks!!! 47 more days!!! 29 more work days!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

I'd probably make an ADR or get CS at WL. Snacking is fun, but I like to actually eat a meal-- I guess it depends how many things you want to try, though!

Personally, I think you should skip the ADR. I think LeCellier is one of the most filling lunches. I would just snack around the world that night or do CS at WL.

I really wish I didnt have to wait until NEXT YEAR to snack around the world. Bummer for me!!! Take lots of pictures of the snacks, please! :laughing:

I love Epcot days! I hope the princesses are out and you decide to meet them! They are all really sweet and so easy to talk to. :goodvibes I love having an ADR to look forward to, especially for dinner, so I would make one. Since it's an EMH night, I think you would have plenty of time to stop and eat and then get back to the attractions. :thumbsup2

I'm back and I'm all caught up! I'm so sorry for my long absence! I can't believe how close your trip is! :hug:

OMG...those Food and Wine menus, Jen....I was literally drooling over here. That is SO the best time of the year to go! :cloud9:

Congratulations on your weight loss! It sounds like you have been doing really great! Don't worry about the .5 pound! You have still done a wonderful job!

Breakfast at Boma is heaven. Absolute heaven. If I could have those goat cheese eggs for breakfast every day I would eat them for the rest of my life. They are glorious! :lovestruc

WOO HOO for being PIF! Congratulations! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

Ugh, that stinks about the apparent drama with picking up tickets. I hate it when they change the policies like that! Hopefully you won't have to deal with it. Fingers crossed!

Oh yay! I am so excited for your haunted carriage ride! Please text me afterward and let me know what you think of it!

I totally understand what you mean about being nervous to meet the princesses! I've always been like that!

Yay for a full day at Epcot!!:yay:

I can't wait for our Epcot day as well. As fun as MK is, my kids can't wait to ride Soarin and Test Track again and I can't wait to visit World Showcase and try all the fun foods!!!!

Yay on spending a full day at Epcot!! :banana: Your plans sound great. Lol at having Le Cellier so late into your trip!

I get what you mean about meeting the Princesses - Zaheer will not be interested so it'll be just me standing in the line and am not sure how I feel about that :confused3

I think you should be fine with the F&W goodies and having no ADR but don't blame you for getting a back up just in case...

I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain - hope you manage to get back on track this week. Sometimes you just need a blow out week to get it out of the system!

Wow at there only being 7 weeks to go!!! :banana:

LOL, getting bored doing the day to day plans. Maybe that just means you're going to too long. ;) If only I were going for 9 days.

I remember you saying how you were really looking forward to the F&WF. So I'd have to say skip the ADR for that night and just sample the food. Plus, the restaurants are always there...the F&WF is not!

A full day at Epcot sounds like a great day to me!! :thumbsup2

It's funny, I feel like I generally tour Epcot the opposite way (Mexico to Canada), so it's different to see a plan with Norway before Mexico :laughing:. I hadn't realized how set in my Epcot ways I had been! Maybe I'll mix it up this time around and go counter-clockwise...so daring!! :rotfl:

EPCOT is really becoming one of my favorite parks the more and more I visit...especially during F&W :goodvibes

I have met Belle in MK when she was in the tent area with two other princesses, but I really want to meet her out in the blue dress like the picture you put up...especially if Beast is out with her :thumbsup2

I'd probably make an ADR or get CS at WL. Snacking is fun, but I like to actually eat a meal-- I guess it depends how many things you want to try, though!

I definitely want to try a lot of things at F&W, so I might just skip the ADR that night and go for the booths! Maybe we'll eat something at Roaring Forks before we go back, but I don't think I want to do 2 ADR's that day...but I don't know! I might feel totally different when I'm there! :rotfl:

Personally, I think you should skip the ADR. I think LeCellier is one of the most filling lunches. I would just snack around the world that night or do CS at WL.

I really wish I didnt have to wait until NEXT YEAR to snack around the world. Bummer for me!!! Take lots of pictures of the snacks, please! :laughing:

I think we should skip the ADR too, Le Cellier is really filling! And I want to take advantage of the F&W festival, so I should probably just go to the booths!

I will definitely take lots of F&W pics! I can't wait!!! :woohoo:

I love Epcot days! I hope the princesses are out and you decide to meet them! They are all really sweet and so easy to talk to. :goodvibes I love having an ADR to look forward to, especially for dinner, so I would make one. Since it's an EMH night, I think you would have plenty of time to stop and eat and then get back to the attractions. :thumbsup2

Every year, I say I'm going to meet the princesses, and every year, I skip them! I just feel like there will be this awkward silence because they won't know what to say to me, because I don't have a kid with me! :rotfl: That's why I'm hoping to start with Belle, she's my favorite, so she seems the least intimidating to me! :rotfl:

I like having an ADR to look forward to also, but since we're doing Le Cellier earlier in the day, I don't know if I'd want to do 2 sit down meals, especially with all the Food and Wine goodies available! I really want to try at least one thing at every booth! :banana:

Yay for a full day at Epcot!!:yay:

I can't wait for our Epcot day as well. As fun as MK is, my kids can't wait to ride Soarin and Test Track again and I can't wait to visit World Showcase and try all the fun foods!!!!

I love Epcot, I could spend my whole vacation there! :banana: I could spend a whole day there just walking around and be fine with not doing any of the attractions, I just love it there so much! :cool1:

LOL, getting bored doing the day to day plans. Maybe that just means you're going to too long. ;) If only I were going for 9 days.

I remember you saying how you were really looking forward to the F&WF. So I'd have to say skip the ADR for that night and just sample the food. Plus, the restaurants are always there...the F&WF is not!

HAHAHAHA!!! Going to Disney for too long, no such thing! :rotfl: :rotfl2: I'm just getting bored doing the day by day plans for the PTR! I want to do fun things, like all the countdowns I did last year, and random freak out updates about my trip being so close! :rotfl:

I totally agree with you about the F&W Festival, I think we will most likely skip having an ADR that night and just do more sampling! :cool1: I don't know when I'll be back during this time of year, so I have to take advantage of it!

A full day at Epcot sounds like a great day to me!! :thumbsup2

It's funny, I feel like I generally tour Epcot the opposite way (Mexico to Canada), so it's different to see a plan with Norway before Mexico :laughing:. I hadn't realized how set in my Epcot ways I had been! Maybe I'll mix it up this time around and go counter-clockwise...so daring!! :rotfl:

I can't wait to spend a whole day at Epcot! :goodvibes I would seriously live there if I could!

LOL, I normally do the same thing, Mexico to Canada! If you ever do decide to start with Canada, it's strange going that way! :eek: I just think we will probably start on that side since we're eating at LC. Normally I start with Mexico, it just makes more sense that way! Gran Fiesta Tour first, get a margarita, and then go on Maelstrom!:cool1:

OMG I want to be there right now!!!! :dance3:

EPCOT is really becoming one of my favorite parks the more and more I visit...especially during F&W :goodvibes

I have met Belle in MK when she was in the tent area with two other princesses, but I really want to meet her out in the blue dress like the picture you put up...especially if Beast is out with her :thumbsup2

I love Epcot, it's so much fun! Don't get me wrong, I love the other parks, but there is just something about Epcot! :)

I would love to meet Belle if the Beast is with her! Do they still do that in Epcot? That might make it a little easier for me to be brave and meet her, if the Beast was there! :laughing: At least we can talk about him! I'm just so worried about not knowing what to say to the Princesses, I'm afraid I'll forget how to talk or something! :rotfl:

I'm back and I'm all caught up! I'm so sorry for my long absence! I can't believe how close your trip is! :hug:

Yay I'm so happy you're back! I can't believe my trip is next month!! Sooo excited!

OMG...those Food and Wine menus, Jen....I was literally drooling over here. That is SO the best time of the year to go! :cloud9:

I know, the F&W menus look so amazing...I can't wait to get there and try everything! I'm wondering if I'm going to like going in October more than November!

Congratulations on your weight loss! It sounds like you have been doing really great! Don't worry about the .5 pound! You have still done a wonderful job!

Thanks! :goodvibes I'm trying really hard! I had a feeling I'd gain this week, I just didn't put the effort in that I should have last week, but it's ok. I have 7 weeks til Disney, I can hopefully still lose a decent amount by then!

Breakfast at Boma is heaven. Absolute heaven. If I could have those goat cheese eggs for breakfast every day I would eat them for the rest of my life. They are glorious! :lovestruc

I LOVE Boma for breakfast! I love the goat cheese scrambled eggs too, and the omelets there are soooo good! :thumbsup2 I'd really like to go there for dinner sometime, I'm sure it's wonderful!

WOO HOO for being PIF! Congratulations! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

:banana: :yay: :woohoo:

Ugh, that stinks about the apparent drama with picking up tickets. I hate it when they change the policies like that! Hopefully you won't have to deal with it. Fingers crossed!

All of the ticketing CM's that are on the DIS are saying it's not true, the policy hasn't changed, so as of now, I'm thinking we can still get our tickets early. :confused3 If we can't, I'm sure we can find something to do, but I'm gonna go crazy being IN Disney World and not being allowed to go in a park! :eek:

Oh yay! I am so excited for your haunted carriage ride! Please text me afterward and let me know what you think of it!

I can't wait for the Haunted Carriage Ride! I will definitely be texting you throughout my trip, don't worry! :rotfl:

I totally understand what you mean about being nervous to meet the princesses! I've always been like that!

LOL, I'm glad someone else gets it! I tell people I'm nervous to meet them, and no one understands! :rotfl: But I'm going to try to get over it this year, I mean, they seem really friendly and lovely!

Yay on spending a full day at Epcot!! :banana: Your plans sound great. Lol at having Le Cellier so late into your trip!

I get what you mean about meeting the Princesses - Zaheer will not be interested so it'll be just me standing in the line and am not sure how I feel about that :confused3

I think you should be fine with the F&W goodies and having no ADR but don't blame you for getting a back up just in case...

I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain - hope you manage to get back on track this week. Sometimes you just need a blow out week to get it out of the system!

Wow at there only being 7 weeks to go!!! :banana:

I can't wait to spend an entire day at Epcot! :thumbsup2 And actually, I have a LC ADR earlier in my trip, I have one for lunch on Saturday, but I'm going to cancel it :sad1: since we will be eating at Artist Point later that night. I can't bring myself to cancel it though...I feel like Brandon will want to eat there anyway and THEN go to Artist Point 4 hours later, so I've kept it...we'll see what happens that day! :rotfl:

LOL, Brandon won't meet the princesses with me either, that's part of the problem! I know I'll be all nervous and quiet around them, but I'm sure he would have a conversation and joke around with them if he met them, but he just won't do it! :rotfl:

I hope I can get back on track this week too! Actually, I have to, no questions! Only 7 weeks left!!! If I lose 2 pounds each week, that's only 14 more pounds that I will lose, and I won't make my goal weight for Disney! :sad1: So I have to work really, really hard for the next 7 weeks! :yay:

Day 7 looks great :thumbsup2 I would stick with the original plan of eating dinner at the F&W booths. Otherwise the option to eat at WL is a good idea, or you could try one of the CS places in WS. Morocco and China are supposed to be v good, as well as Mexico. Or there is Fish & Chips from the UK :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!