Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I was down .1 yesterday. I think I've been eating too much fruit lately because I think I'm doing everything else right and not seeing the results at the scale that I'd like to see. So, this week, I've decided not to buy bananas. I'm really hoping this makes a difference.

Had a tough week eating wise/event wise. Had 3 work lunches, 1 work event/happy hour, 2 dinners with friends, and book club. I honestly didn't event track most of the week. I had expected gain this week, but I had food poisoning (or something) last night, and weighed in this morning down 1.4.

I'll take it, but hope I don't have to lose that way in the future. :crazy2:

Total lost since the end of September 12.2, average per week 1.5. I'd say I'm right on target. I am aiming to lose a total of 20 pounds by January 3, which means I'd need to lose an average of 1.1 pounds until then, which is possible, but could be difficult to do during the holidays.

On the flip side, I have NO plans this week, so I can stay OP and hopefully have a slightly higher than average loss next week to offset Thanksgiving...where I will likely eat my body weight in butter. (Kidding....mostly...:rolleyes1)

Oh, and I dropped to 27 dailies today and was really surprised...I started at 29, so this is my second drop. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

StayCool said:
Ok. Well I'm doing it. At least so far. I'm tracking again. It's been a month since I stopped. It's not too difficult yet but will be worse once I get home for the evening! Hoping that I can stick it out!

That's awesome! You can do it. I track on my phone about half the time.

I was down .1 yesterday. I think I've been eating too much fruit lately because I think I'm doing everything else right and not seeing the results at the scale that I'd like to see. So, this week, I've decided not to buy bananas. I'm really hoping this makes a difference.

Our leader told us about going over someone's tracker when they had plateaued for a while. She said that she saw 7 bananas daily on the tracker and thought it must have been a mistake, that it should have been 1 daily and 7 for the week. Nope, the woman was eating 7 bananas every day because after all they are 0 points. Our leader had to tell her that they might be 0 points but they are not 0 calories and there is a point at which too much of 0 points will sabotage your weight loss. As for me, I cannot imagine eating 7 bananas a day.

Down 0.4 last night! I was very surprised, after a week without power due to Hurricane Sandy and then a week in WDW enjoying every morsel of the F&W Festival. I was able to get right back on track with the tracking when I got home, which I am sure helped, but still have not gotten back into the exercise habit. That is my goal for this week, and I think I am going to plot out my week and my workouts to keep myself accountable.

Down 0.4 last night! I was very surprised, after a week without power due to Hurricane Sandy and then a week in WDW enjoying every morsel of the F&W Festival. I was able to get right back on track with the tracking when I got home, which I am sure helped, but still have not gotten back into the exercise habit. That is my goal for this week, and I think I am going to plot out my week and my workouts to keep myself accountable.

I like your determination. :thumbsup2

Our leader told us about going over someone's tracker when they had plateaued for a while. She said that she saw 7 bananas daily on the tracker and thought it must have been a mistake, that it should have been 1 daily and 7 for the week. Nope, the woman was eating 7 bananas every day because after all they are 0 points. Our leader had to tell her that they might be 0 points but they are not 0 calories and there is a point at which too much of 0 points will sabotage your weight loss. As for me, I cannot imagine eating 7 bananas a day.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

This made me laugh! I love bananas, but I rarely eat them...maybe that's a carry over from when they used to have points associated with them.

Kudos to you!

My WI was today. I made the mistake of weighing in last week when I *knew* I was going to be up, then I beat myself up over my 1.2 gain all day. I would rather know that I gained and own it, but not see the number. It's all a mind game for me. My WI today was much better! I lost 2.2 lbs (the 1.2 gain plus another pound) but that puts me out of reach for my Thanksgiving goal. I need to lose another 1.6 lbs in just 5 days and just don't lose all that fast. Plus, one of those days is the last Badger home football game which is one of my "splurge" days.

My biggest challenge this week is keeping Thanksgiving down to one day and not giving myself permission to go off the wagon the rest of the week because I know I'm eating whatever I want on Thanksgiving. I think that a Wednesday weigh in will help me :thumbsup2.

I'm struggling to track again. I'm halfway successful so far. I always want comfort food when it is cooler out. I haven't used all my weekly points yet but I'm definitely working on it. Idk. Hopefully I can push through and get through the week without going nuts.

Haven't checked in for several days. I'm not a great forum poster!

Anyhoo!

I hit my first 5% today! I'm down just over 13 pounds. :cool1: I started the last weekend in September. I'm a happy lady. I'm feeling better, more energetic. I still have a ways to go but I feel confident I can keep my momentum. I haven't decided on a final goal. I'm just going to take it in 5% increments for awhile.

I'm doing a 5k this Thursday too. I'm toying with doing a half marathon in April so I want to see how I do in smaller events first.

Anyhoo!

I hit my first 5% today! I'm down just over 13 pounds. :cool1: I started the last weekend in September. I'm a happy lady. I'm feeling better, more energetic. I still have a ways to go but I feel confident I can keep my momentum. I haven't decided on a final goal. I'm just going to take it in 5% increments for awhile.

I'm doing a 5k this Thursday too. I'm toying with doing a half marathon in April so I want to see how I do in smaller events first.

Congrats on the 5%! Isn't it great to feel a change in your body?

Ok, I think this is a strange problem. I started WW back in March and for the first time, I saw a big change in my appearance in pictures that were taken at my dgs's birthday party this week. Problem is -- I don't like the change! I think my face looks sickly. I look old. I now understand why someone said I was looking like my mother. My dh said the picture was taken from a bad angle. I don't know. :confused3 I guess we will see what Thanksgiving pictures look like.

WI day today... I maintained. Exactly the same as last week. Apparently since I'm running, my WW leader said I should try eating my activity points. I'm kind of afraid but since I ate whatever I wanted 2 weeks ago and lost 2.6.. maybe I should. I just have to make sure I'm staying active and not slacking ;)

Ok, I think this is a strange problem. I started WW back in March and for the first time, I saw a big change in my appearance in pictures that were taken at my dgs's birthday party this week. Problem is -- I don't like the change! I think my face looks sickly. I look old. I now understand why someone said I was looking like my mother. My dh said the picture was taken from a bad angle. I don't know. :confused3 I guess we will see what Thanksgiving pictures look like.
You are looking at yourself with a very critical eye and you are not used to seeing your skinnier self. Your DH says your look fine, so I'm sure you really do look fine. Plus, weren't you sick this week? Maybe that was why you didn't look 100%.

I think that facial changes can be pretty drastic at first, but as you continue with what you're doing your body sort of gets used to it. If you think about JHudson pictures from awhile back, she wasn't looking AS fabulous as she did before, but now her face seems to have settled in to her new weight. I felt the same way about my face; as I started loosing fat from under the skin I felt a bit droopy, but now my skin *seems* to have tightened up a bit as I've continued to lose more fat, and it looks better.

I've also noticed it in a friend who has had weight gains and losses because of extremely long term use of prednisone. When she finally was off of it, first she looked drawn and tired, but then her face perked up after a bit.

I hope the same thing happens to you.

Plus, weren't you sick this week? Maybe that was why you didn't look 100%.

That's a really good point.

Last week I lost (was sick, too), this week I gained (stupid hormones, but at least I'm not sick anymore), but I got a GREAT new coat. One of the receptionists and I have hit it off, and I had mentioned this white coat I bought last year that is now drastically too big for me. She said that a relative of hers is that size, and that she had a white winter coat that she had undergrown, and we should swap coats. So we did that. :) Her relative really liked my old coat, and I really really like her old coat.

The conversation started because another woman at the meeting had spent a bunch of time and money in getting a swimsuit that fit, then life got in the way of her water aerobics and she didn't wear it for months. Finally got to the pool the other week, and the suit doesn't fit, it's far too big for her now. So now she has a brand new, expensive suit that doesn't fit, and she was saying she wished we could bring in our old clothes and swap. I think it's easier to swap winter coats rather than swim suits, though.

Today DH bought an Active Link. He's psyched to have a new gadget. :dance3: I know he's happy, too, because he lost and I gained this week. Heck, I'm glad for him, too! :goodvibes

Anyhoo!

Yeah! Congrats on reaching your 5% mark. Great for you for doing a 5k, let us know how it goes!

I noticed that my eyes seems to pop out more out of my head. :rotfl2:

But I did notice a difference in my face, probably because I am not use to seeing myself thinner. I am sure you look great!

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I did have a stomach bug a few days before the picture was taken. I do hope things tighten up so there is less droopy skin but I've been told at my age (57) my skin may have lost its elasticity. Wait and see!

Did you all get your postcards this week? I had written on mine, "This Thanksgiving I will not hide from the camera." What timing!

So I started weight watchers about 3 months ago I have lost 18 lbs (not that I intend on finding them again) but I have kinda levelled out and I'm looking for some more motivation and a trip to Disney in April is just that! I've made my 5% and 10% just !

Well I did a crappy job tracking this week, but I didn't quite entirely fall off the wagon this week. At least I'm more aware of what I'm eating even if I shouldn't be eating it! lol But I did WI today and was down .2 so I will take it. If I can just get through the rest of the semester I can focus better on WW. Hope everyone has a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter