Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I've lost 1.4 this week, 89.2 overall! I almost fell of the scale! Though I was as careful as I could be for Thanksgiving. I still ate my favorite things, but I modified them and ate much smaller portions. I tracked every day, even on Thanksgiving. The fact that we did all of the cooking helped, because I had control over all of the ingredients. Christmas will be more of a challenge, because it's not at my house!

Congrats on losing weight on a holiday! That's almost 90 pounds lost. :cool1:

Thanks Jessie! We spent our long Thanksgiving weekend in Toronto again this year. It was lots of fun. I always think of you when we're in Canada. We did lots of walking -- and plenty of eating.

What did you do this time, Sandi?

What did you do this time, Sandi?

Went back to the ROM -- have you been yet? There is a new Dinosaur exhibit that your son would probably love. We did the CN Tower on our first night there. We had been up there during the day before, but the night view was pretty cool. Walking on the glass floor was creepy, but fun too. DD enjoys traveling around on the subways and streetcars, so we did lots of exploring of the city -- Chinatown and Little Italy were fun. Didn't get to Kensington this time. We stayed at the Cambridge Suites Toronto hotel -- I highly recommend this hotel. It was very quiet and very conveniently located -- in the Financial District (I think). We were a less than 5 minute walk to the Eaton Centre, so did a little shopping, too. The city was really hopping with the 100th Grey Cup thing going on. We weren't aware of it until we arrived.

I'm hopeful that with all of the walking we did, I don't do too bad on my WI tomorrow. I'm planning to get a run in tonight, so that might help, too.

Aburns8 said:
A "re-commitment ceremony" sounds like a good idea! How are things in MI? We are hoping to move back home next year. I agree, we need to choose more reasonable goals. I should be happy with losing the 1.6 I gained and then maintaining through the holidays.

Can I join in with the "re-commitment" ceremony too? I have so lost my way. The last month has been a mess for me, great days and not so great days. Throw in my parents, sister and niece her for a week for the holiday........my eating hasn't been pretty. To top it off my local meeting closed :(. They opened a new center about15- 20 minutes away and stopped the meeting which was like 1 mile from my house. Really don't want to travel that far but, I'll need to. Still have to go back through the thread and catch up on everyone's progress. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can I join in with the "re-commitment" ceremony too? I have so lost my way. The last month has been a mess for me, great days and not so great days. Throw in my parents, sister and niece her for a week for the holiday........my eating hasn't been pretty. To top it off my local meeting closed :(. They opened a new center about15- 20 minutes away and stopped the meeting which was like 1 mile from my house. Really don't want to travel that far but, I'll need to. Still have to go back through the thread and catch up on everyone's progress. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Sure Stephanie! I was doing so well and then in October I hit the wall. I want to lose 25 pounds before my DS 1st birthday. We want to try for another baby after that since I am getting soooo old. :) I just need to get my booty tracking, and get back on the treadmill. I bought a whole bunch of exercise DVDs, I just have to use them and stop making excuses.

A "re-commitment ceremony" sounds like a good idea! How are things in MI? We are hoping to move back home next year. I agree, we need to choose more reasonable goals. I should be happy with losing the 1.6 I gained and then maintaining through the holidays.

Where is your Michigan "home"? I'm in East Lansing -- Spartan Country. It's been pretty cold lately and I guess we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow -- then rain later in the week. Very weird weather. I would like to do a little better than maintaining over the next month, but I think a 1 pound per week goal is more reasonable than 2.5 pounds.

Hey Stephanie -- I've been MIA for awhile, too. I'm glad we're all getting back on the Dis WW bus before the New Year. I'm so sorry your meeting location closed up. That totally stinks. But, maybe you can commit to driving the 15-20 minutes to get to a meeting once a week. Lord knows I'll drive further than that for a good restaurant, so . . .

Sure Stephanie! I was doing so well and then in October I hit the wall. I want to lose 25 pounds before my DS 1st birthday. We want to try for another baby after that since I am getting soooo old. :) I just need to get my booty tracking, and get back on the treadmill. I bought a whole bunch of exercise DVDs, I just have to use them and stop making excuses.

I don't even want to know how "old" you are. I'm 50 with an 18 year old only child. Having only one wasn't my first plan, but it has worked out fine. She is a senior in high school and is starting to get back her college admissions now. Make sure you enjoy your little guy because the time goes way too fast. Also, he is watching how you eat, exercise, etc. so set a good example!

Where is your Michigan "home"? I'm in East Lansing -- Spartan Country. It's been pretty cold lately and I guess we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow -- then rain later in the week. Very weird weather. I would like to do a little better than maintaining over the next month, but I think a 1 pound per week goal is more reasonable than 2.5 pounds.

Hey Stephanie -- I've been MIA for awhile, too. I'm glad we're all getting back on the Dis WW bus before the New Year. I'm so sorry your meeting location closed up. That totally stinks. But, maybe you can commit to driving the 15-20 minutes to get to a meeting once a week. Lord knows I'll drive further than that for a good restaurant, so . . .

Sandi, you crack me up. Yes I would also drive to the ends of the earth to eat at a good restaurant. I know I have no choice but to attend meetings. So I will be making the drive, but think I may move my weigh in day to Friday. It feels good to be back on the thread again. I didn't want to have the attitude of......I'll wait till January 1 to get back on track :rolleyes1. That would spell nothing but trouble for me.

I don't even want to know how "old" you are. I'm 50 with an 18 year old only child. Having only one wasn't my first plan, but it has worked out fine. She is a senior in high school and is starting to get back her college admissions now. Make sure you enjoy your little guy because the time goes way too fast. Also, he is watching how you eat, exercise, etc. so set a good example!

I am enjoying my little guy! This time of year is so much fun. He has no idea what is going on, but it is fun for me. I thought if I started getting into shape now, by the time he is walking I can chase after him :rotfl:

I am enjoying my little guy! This time of year is so much fun. He has no idea what is going on, but it is fun for me. I thought if I started getting into shape now, by the time he is walking I can chase after him :rotfl:

That is good motivation. You're doing the WDW half marathon, right? How is your training coming?

That is good motivation. You're doing the WDW half marathon, right? How is your training coming?

I need to take that out of my signature. I am signed up, but because of logistics I can't go now. I do have a bucket list goal of doing all of the WDW and DL runs. By nature I am not a runner, but a great walk/runner.

Down 1.4 at my WI today. Very happy -- but it was work to get there. Tracking and exercising are keys for me. Tonight I'm doing a Cardio Tennis class. Haven't done one in about a month due to work schedule and traveling. I'll be a sweaty mess after the class!

Down 1.4 at my WI today. Very happy -- but it was work to get there. Tracking and exercising are keys for me. Tonight I'm doing a Cardio Tennis class. Haven't done one in about a month due to work schedule and traveling. I'll be a sweaty mess after the class!

Awesome job Sandi! I need to get moving myself. Tonight I am back on the treadmill. That Cardio Tennis class sounds awesome.

I had a great WI last night -- Down 3 lbs this week! Total off is 66. I really think I can make my goal of 70 lbs off by Christmas. Our leader talked to a group of us about providing her with a "before" picture in March for something that will be happening then. I already looked through my old pics when I entered the WW sweepstakes last summer and didn't find any "good" ones (man, that is a relative word in this case, 'cause they are all bad!). My dd suggested looking at Facebook pictures that I was tagged in and BINGO there were some excellent "before" pictures to pick from. How is it that I didn't realize what I looked like back then? Just looking at them is an encouragement to keep going.

This sounds like a really great week for losses. I'm down 1.9! :cheer2: I haven't seen a loss like that in quite a while.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to weigh in this week! :wizard:

Sandi said:

pwdebbie said:
I had a great WI last night -- Down 3 lbs this week! Total off is 66. I really think I can make my goal of 70 lbs off by Christmas. Our leader talked to a group of us about providing her with a "before" picture in March for something that will be happening then. I already looked through my old pics when I entered the WW sweepstakes last summer and didn't find any "good" ones (man, that is a relative word in this case, 'cause they are all bad!). My dd suggested looking at Facebook pictures that I was tagged in and BINGO there were some excellent "before" pictures to pick from. How is it that I didn't realize what I looked like back then? Just looking at them is an encouragement to keep going.

CdnBuzzFan said:
This sounds like a really great week for losses. I'm down 1.9! :cheer2: I haven't seen a loss like that in quite a while.

GREAT JOB GIRLS!

Finally got back on my elliptical after a month of not doing it. Although I really do not like exercise it felt great to do it. However, this afternoon I am feeling it in my legs.

That's awesome. Wow!

This is going to sound weird, but I really think you need to change your Mrs. Potts avatar (or whatever that is called). You are no longer Mrs. Potts -- you are a princess! princess:

Good for you! We need amazing weeks every once in awhile to keep us motivated. Yea you! :woohoo:

I've had a tough time this week, I have been SOOOO hungry. I ate dinner last night (pasta with chicken) and I was still hungry so I had a salad and I was still hungry when my DD sat next to me with sunflower seeds and then I was *still* hungry. Ugh. The good news is the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone with a fridge purge and the last of my turkey mushroom barley soup for lunch.

Just a quick update. I did lose weight this week! I lost 1.2 lbs, I don't know how because I pigged out for Thanksgiving. I did run 4 days last week with one day I ran for 4.5 miles.

On August 29th I reached 46 lbs lost; since then I have been up and down. I'm back to a 45.4 lbs total lost. I hope some how I can break this up and down scale.

I go Monday for a GI appointment, I hope they can help me with my other issues.

Hope everyone has a good week...just stay active!

-Stephanie

Just a quick update. I did lose weight this week! I lost 1.2 lbs, I don't know how because I pigged out for Thanksgiving. I did run 4 days last week with one day I ran for 4.5 miles.

On August 29th I reached 46 lbs lost; since then I have been up and down. I'm back to a 45.4 lbs total lost. I hope some how I can break this up and down scale.

I go Monday for a GI appointment, I hope they can help me with my other issues.

Hope everyone has a good week...just stay active!

-Stephanie

Awesome job! I am getting on the treadmill today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter