Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Thanks everyone. I had a terrible night. Only got 1 ADR made before the pain interrupted and was very severe the rest of the night. I'm fine now. Sounds like they are leaning towards taking the appendix out today, but they are still unsure that's what it is! Oy!

Oh, I do hope they find the problem soon! I agree with Meeko, an appendectomy should be pretty straightforward with a decent recovery time. Hugs!

Thanks everyone. I had a terrible night. Only got 1 ADR made before the pain interrupted and was very severe the rest of the night. I'm fine now. Sounds like they are leaning towards taking the appendix out today, but they are still unsure that's what it is! Oy!

So sorry!! Hope it's resolved quickly!

I hope that does the trick! Hopefully they're taking good care of you there!

Is there anywhere in Disney to do pictures with Santa? I was just thinking it would be cool to do this on our special trip and don't think I've seen it mentioned anywher.
Our photographer is doing Santa pictures both weekends we will be at Disney again this year. :( I heard that there was a traditional sit with Santa at Disney Springs but we didn't venture out there. There is different Santas throughout World Showcase in Epcot but not sure if you can take pictures with them sitting in Santas lap. Last year we did the Minnie's Holiday Dine at H&V in HS. When you first go into restaurant Santa Goofy is in the lobby and there was a photo pass photographer taking pictures. I ended up using one of those pictures for our Christmas card last year. On the back of the card I put different holiday themed pics from the rest of our trip. It worked out quite well.

We watched Wishes from Narcooses on our honeymoon 10 years ago. I remember it being a pleasant experience as they pipe in the audio.
Good to hear. I had California Grill planned for our first night but ended up booking to go a day earlier and can't find CG. I booked at Narcoosee's instead but was worried about not being worth the $$ or aggravation of getting to GF.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! I'll give a quick update because I have a killer migraine right now. But the good news is the migraine is the only pain I have besides the discomforts associated with the surgery. No more appendix! The surgeon noted that he saw fluid that was likely a cyst on my ovary that burst. That very well may have been the culprit if not the appendix. Unfortunately it sounds like those ovarian cysts come back, so I'm sure some follow up will be required with my OBGYN. I just started eating food. If it wasn't for this darn migraine, I'd be doing pretty good.

My husband and my mother just left so now it's just me, my laptop, and my graham crackers.

Sometime earlier today when I was feeling good, I settled on wanting a lunch at SciFi on 11/30 and a breakfast at Tusker House on 12/2. I set up a reservation finder for the Tusker house one and Ill see what we can get. It doesn't have to be PPO or anything. I have a Yak & Yeti ADR now too. So I have made some small progress in between this mess.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! I'll give a quick update because I have a killer migraine right now. But the good news is the migraine is the only pain I have besides the discomforts associated with the surgery. No more appendix! The surgeon noted that he saw fluid that was likely a cyst on my ovary that burst. That very well may have been the culprit if not the appendix. Unfortunately it sounds like those ovarian cysts come back, so I'm sure some follow up will be required with my OBGYN. I just started eating food. If it wasn't for this darn migraine, I'd be doing pretty good.

My husband and my mother just left so now it's just me, my laptop, and my graham crackers.

Sometime earlier today when I was feeling good, I settled on wanting a lunch at SciFi on 11/30 and a breakfast at Tusker House on 12/2. I set up a reservation finder for the Tusker house one and Ill see what we can get. It doesn't have to be PPO or anything. I have a Yak & Yeti ADR now too. So I have made some small progress in between this mess.

Glad to hear you're getting some answers! I suffer from ovarian cysts, and they are extremely painful. I think I'd rather have them take my ovaries out!!

I'm glad you're feeling (somewhat) better! I'm sure something will come up for what you're looking for. I can't remember if you posted about what days and what parks you decided on? This thread can move so fast!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're getting some answers! I suffer from ovarian cysts, and they are extremely painful. I think I'd rather have them take my ovaries out!!

Oh geez. Do they keep coming back? My mother had her ovaries out for pain from ovarian cysts. Actually she just told me today that they took the wrong ovary out the first time! So she had to go back and get the right one out.

Oh geez. Do they keep coming back? My mother had her ovaries out for pain from ovarian cysts. Actually she just told me today that they took the wrong ovary out the first time! So she had to go back and get the right one out.

Last year I left work in so much pain they sent me straight for an ultrasound. The tech said there was lots of fluid so it had just burst causing the pain. I've had them for years.

Oh man ditto the painful ovarian cysts. NOT fun at all. That's miserable and I hope it was the appendix and it's over with now!

That's crazy!

Part of the reason I went on birth control pills was to help control the ovarian cysts I get - well that gave me blood clots so I can't take any hormones ever again. My doctor actually said "have fun with menopause!" LOL.

Being a woman sucks.

(Sorry to the 1 guy on this thread :rotfl:)

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm sure something will come up for what you're looking for. I can't remember if you posted about what days and what parks you decided on? This thread can move so fast!

Nope, I hadn't posted that yet actually. This could take my mind of things...suggestions welcome.

Sunday 11/27
Morning at universal studios and then checking into BWV and dropping luggage off (room probably won't be ready yet)
planning to be at MK around 4pm to enter on our MVMCP tickets. Will just do QS at MK for dinner.

Monday 11/28
Epcot all day, might get a late start after the party night before. I'm thinking Biergarten lunchish?

Tuesday 11/29
Wild Africa Trek at 8am and plan to stay at AK until it closes. 4:00 Yak & Yeti ADR, planning to do a QS lunch/snack for lunch.
Hopping to Epcot if we are up for it. It has EMH until 11:30pm.

Wednesday 11/30
HS in the morning, would like an ADR for SciFi lunchish. Probably won't stay until the park closes, just until we do the rides and stuff we want to. If we want to do SW fireworks or F!, we'll hop over to HS a later day.
Break at the hotel room.
Hopping to MK if we are up for it. It has EMH until midnight.

Thursday 12/1
Magic Kingdom all day. I am hoping for an 8:30 HDDR ADR.

Friday 12/2
Animal Kingdom in the AM. I am hoping for a Tusker House breakfast ADR.
I'm thinking of doing the Monorail Bar Crawl this afternoon/evening.

Saturday 12/3
This is our last park day. I have Epcot as the AM park and where I'll make my FPs for. But likely we will park hop to wherever we feel we missed something.

Sunday 12/4
Departure day! Flight isn't until 8pm, so I'm planning to visit Disney Springs this day.

That's crazy!

Part of the reason I went on birth control pills was to help control the ovarian cysts I get - well that gave me blood clots so I can't take any hormones ever again. My doctor actually said "have fun with menopause!" LOL.

Being a woman sucks.

(Sorry to the 1 guy on this thread :rotfl:)

Birth control gave me such awful migraines. I ended up with blood pressure so low they thought I was going to have a stroke. Evil stuff!!

Nope, I hadn't posted that yet actually. This could take my mind of things...suggestions welcome.

Sunday 11/27
Morning at universal studios and then checking into BWV and dropping luggage off (room probably won't be ready yet)
planning to be at MK around 4pm to enter on our MVMCP tickets. Will just do QS at MK for dinner.

Monday 11/28
Epcot all day, might get a late start after the party night before. I'm thinking Biergarten lunchish?

Tuesday 11/29
Wild Africa Trek at 8am and plan to stay at AK until it closes. 4:00 Yak & Yeti ADR, planning to do a QS lunch/snack for lunch.

Wednesday 11/30
HS in the morning, would like an ADR for SciFi lunchish. Probably won't stay until the park closes, just until we do the rides and stuff we want to. If we want to do SW fireworks or F!, we'll hop over to HS a later day.
Break at the hotel room.

Thursday 12/1

Friday 12/2

Saturday 12/3
This is our last park day. I have Epcot as the AM park and where I'll make my FPs for. But likely we will park hop to wherever we feel we missed something.

Sunday 12/4
Departure day! Flight isn't until 8pm, so I'm planning to visit Disney Springs this day.

Sounds like a great plan!! Fingers crossed you get your ADRs!

Looks like a great plan, @JamieOak! We'll be at the same parks as you on Thu and Fri. We're excited about a lunchish Biergarten too, though ours is on Wed. :) Now just waiting for your ADRs to open up!

Birth control gave me such awful migraines. I ended up with blood pressure so low they thought I was going to have a stroke. Evil stuff!!
That sounds awful! I had the opposite reaction to BCPs, my blood pressure shot up - no pills for me, either.

Last edited:

Sunday 11/27

Monday 11/28

Tuesday 11/29

Wednesday 11/30
Break at the hotel room.

Thursday 12/1

Friday 12/2

Saturday 12/3

Sunday 12/4

Jamie, some of our plans are the same. We'll also be at Epcot on Monday (including Candlelight Processional), MK on Thurs (Keys to the Kingdom tour), and AK on Friday. Leaving Saturday open to park hop.

Jamie, some of our plans are the same. We'll also be at Epcot on Monday (including Candlelight Processional), MK on Thurs (Keys to the Kingdom tour), and AK on Friday. Leaving Saturday open to park hop.

Great! Maybe we'll cross paths haha. I actually remember taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour my last trip (about 2005 I think) and I really enjoyed it! That's one of the few things I remember about that trip, which is strange because I was about 20 and I think I should remember all of it. But I think college really did a number on my memory for things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter