Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

yesterday I transferred all of our credit card points into the savings account to pay down the trip balance - we each use a rewards card for all purchases and pay it off monthly so we accrue quite a bit of rewards points each year. Ended up with $900 in cash back towards the vacation, plus the $200 disney GC DH got for getting the disney visa with my referral link. That was a huge chunk of the cost paid down from free money! Man that felt good.

Awesome!! I'm at about $650 in rewards and $150 in gc. Going to let my rewards go one more month, before cashing out, can't wait to apply it to the trip and see that balance go down!

yesterday I transferred all of our credit card points into the savings account to pay down the trip balance - we each use a rewards card for all purchases and pay it off monthly so we accrue quite a bit of rewards points each year. Ended up with $900 in cash back towards the vacation, plus the $200 disney GC DH got for getting the disney visa with my referral link. That was a huge chunk of the cost paid down from free money! Man that felt good.

Was this the Disney Visa? How did you transfer the points into your savings account (I assume you mean a Disney Vacation Account?)?

Was this the Disney Visa? How did you transfer the points into your savings account (I assume you mean a Disney Vacation Account?)?

No, it was just my chase freedom rewards card - transferred the cash back money into my chase savings. And then will pull it into checking to pay the trip off when the final payment is due. I don't have a DVA because I swore we would only go once every 5 years or so lol. Oops!

Do y'all have a favorite autograph book for the kiddos? I can't decide what I think about the ones with the photo pockets. I'm sooo bad about getting prints made of pics I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to add the pics to the books.

No, it was just my chase freedom rewards card - transferred the cash back money into my chase savings. And then will pull it into checking to pay the trip off when the final payment is due. I don't have a DVA because I swore we would only go once every 5 years or so lol. Oops!

Ah, okay. Thanks! :)

So I didn't think we wanted to see fantasmic, and now I'm thinking we might. Of course I didn't book the f! package at h&v, just the regular. What do you think of a 4:55 holiday dine and chances of seeing fantasmic? Impossible? Strategy? Maybe try for a fp?

Do y'all have a favorite autograph book for the kiddos? I can't decide what I think about the ones with the photo pockets. I'm sooo bad about getting prints made of pics I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to add the pics to the books.

Last time we used med sketch books from and art supply store. We decorates the covers and then put Disney stickers on the signature pages after we got the autographs. Some characters drew little sketches or added a message. The pages are a little bigger than regular autograph books.

So I didn't think we wanted to see fantasmic, and now I'm thinking we might. Of course I didn't book the f! package at h&v, just the regular. What do you think of a 4:55 holiday dine and chances of seeing fantasmic? Impossible? Strategy? Maybe try for a fp?

Assuming F! Is at 7 and you don't wait an hour to be seated at H&V you should be able to see it. And very good chance of getting a 4th FP For it too. Last fall we had the F! Dining package but could have easily gotten it as a 4th.

Last edited:
Assuming F! Is at 7 and you don't wait an hour to be seated at H&V you should be able to see it. And very good chance of getting a 4th FP For it too. Last fall we had the F! Dining package but could have easily gotten it as a 4th.

Oh good, thanks!

For autographs we basically did this:
http://www.allthingstarget.com/diy-disney-autograph-books-using-clearance/

Though I didn't make a fancy cover, I just bought a photo book with a more solid cover at Walmart. It worked really well. I'm usually terrible about printing pictures but when I actually did print some out I moved the autograph cards and the pictures to a larger album with 2 photo sleeves per page but of course you don't have to do that, you could just keep the autographs alone in the photo book. We'll probably do the same thing this time.

Has anyone watched wishes from outside the MK?? I'm tempted to try and find a spot to watch them on a party night but the logistics of getting to one of the MK resorts from a value makes it a pretty big pain. Wondering if the view from Poly beach is even worth all the hassle?

Last trip we didn't see anything at night besides fantasmic, even the night DS and I hopped to MK he made me miss wishes in favor of riding Space. But dangit I WILL see fireworks this time!

Will ROL be up and running? I don't have a night planned at AK but I would like to see this. I keep forgetting the sun will set earlier then so the "night time" show doesn't have to be at 10pm. Hopefully ROL will get better reviews than Jungle.

Has anyone watched wishes from outside the MK?? I'm tempted to try and find a spot to watch them on a party night but the logistics of getting to one of the MK resorts from a value makes it a pretty big pain. Wondering if the view from Poly beach is even worth all the hassle?

Last trip we didn't see anything at night besides fantasmic, even the night DS and I hopped to MK he made me miss wishes in favor of riding Space. But dangit I WILL see fireworks this time!
I've watched it from the Poly beach years ago... it was fun but certainly not the same as being in the park.
It was a relaxing experience and great to have a dolewhip while watching .

Do a YouTube search for Wishes from Pole beach. It will give you an idea of the view.

Will ROL be up and running? I don't have a night planned at AK but I would like to see this. I keep forgetting the sun will set earlier then so the "night time" show doesn't have to be at 10pm. Hopefully ROL will get better reviews than Jungle.

The world may never know haha - after the fiasco of hyping it and not delivering it seems Disney is being tight lipped on the when. Jungle Book ends 9/5 so here's hoping they get ROL up and running before we get there. Not holding my breath though.

I'm currently scoping out where all the FP kiosks are in each park, since we have our magic bands from last trip on a different MDE so I can use those for SDFP. I told DH he will be in charge of bag check with the stroller and little one, and older DS and I will go in no bag line and make a beeline for the FP kiosk in hopes of getting some good ones first thing.

As if keeping track of 3 FP, ADR, and park schedules wasn't tough enough :laughing:

My dh's Disney Visa account just posted the latest statement and he still has not received the $50 rewards bonus from me signing up for and using my new card! I already received the $200 gift card in the mail, so I know I signed up through the offer link and everything. Has anyone else received their $50 rewards yet?

My dh's Disney Visa account just posted the latest statement and he still has not received the $50 rewards bonus from me signing up for and using my new card! I already received the $200 gift card in the mail, so I know I signed up through the offer link and everything. Has anyone else received their $50 rewards yet?

No, but we just used my DH's card a few weeks ago finally. I tried looking back at my statements last year but it shows my reward dollars available right away because it was from purchases to my own card. the email from chase says 6-8 weeks from first use of the card for dream dollars to post on your account - how long has it been?

No, but we just used my DH's card a few weeks ago finally. I tried looking back at my statements last year but it shows my reward dollars available right away because it was from purchases to my own card. the email from chase says 6-8 weeks from first use of the card for dream dollars to post on your account - how long has it been?

We're coming up on 8 weeks. I figured I wouldn't see the dollars post to the account any time other than when a statement is issued, kwim? Do they post at any other time?

We're coming up on 8 weeks. I figured I wouldn't see the dollars post to the account any time other than when a statement is issued, kwim? Do they post at any other time?

I'm not sure - but that's a good question! I'll be interested to hear what happens with yours though so keep us posted! I was surprised how quickly the $200 GC came so was hoping the reward dollars would be quick too. Guess not!

I opened a card based on my husbands referral and my mother did as well. We both received our $200 Gift cards but only one of the $50 reward bonuses showed up in husbands account, so we're waiting to see if it hits next statement. But that was a nice way to chop $500 off the cost of our trip plus all the rewards points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter