Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Yoga capris are the best!
Ok so it's sounding like the red backpack for DH to carry and maybe something for me to.

@TiggerManiac I was just admiring that Vera Bradley hipster in that exact print!!

I got mine on eBay for only $40 with shipping. I looked through all the listings for listings that showed photos of the actual bag, so I could make sure I liked the character placement.

I also love the Disney Dreaming blue print, which was DH's favorite, the ones with character placement I liked were a much higher price. I could have been happy with either, but I'm very happy I ended up with Plums Up.

Have we discussed battery packs yet? I need to get one, which one do you guys have?

@kellyjeanie, we haven't bought a battery pack yet. I can actually use one for my business at vendor booths, so I want to get one strong enough to charge my iPad fully twice, if I can, that also has dual ports so we can charge both iPhones and I can charge my iPad and iPhone if necessary when I have a booth.

I've looked at some on Amazon, and I'll probably have go pay around $40-$60 to get what I want.

If you just need one at Disney, they're introducing recharger sticks that you can buy for $15-$20, then just trade in for a freshly charged on as needed at no additional cost. Yeah, you could buy them on your own cheaper, but you can't beat the convenience of not having to remember to charge the battery pack.

Let's talk Mickey ears...do you think they're a necessity for kids, especially for a first trip?

I'm leaning towards not getting them for my boys, as I don't think they'll really wear them aside from indulging me for some pics. Is it worth the cost to basically buy them as a photo prop knowing they'll never be worn again? Will I be sad looking back that we don't have a Mickey ears pic of them on their first trip?

Let's talk Mickey ears...do you think they're a necessity for kids, especially for a first trip?

I'm leaning towards not getting them for my boys, as I don't think they'll really wear them aside from indulging me for some pics. Is it worth the cost to basically buy them as a photo prop knowing they'll never be worn again? Will I be sad looking back that we don't have a Mickey ears pic of them on their first trip?

We didn't do them. I didn't want to deal with keeping track of them, getting smooshed,etc. if they had shown an interest in them, I probably would've indulged, but we didn't miss them!

I bought a pair for my DD but only nostalgia for the ones that I had as a child. I bought them when she was 1.5 yrs on a business trip (we just went to Downtown Disney). I took them last year for her first trip. She only wore them for a couple of pics. It's a personal choice. Every now and then she takes them out and wants to play with them but she could have completely lived without them. Like I said, it was totally nostalgia for remembering getting my pair of ears as a child.

Ok I'm feeling like I could probably get away with skipping them. I guess if I change my mind at the last minute I can always just get them in the park.

My son will pee on the potty all day long. Wakes up dry, keep his undies Dry undies allll day. But will NOT poop anywhere but a diaper. I tried hiding the diapers and he held his poop for 2 days and I had to use a suppository to get him back on track. Never again!

Mine (turned 2 in May) is the exact opposite! Would poop in the toilet but wouldn't tell me when he needs to pee! :rolleyes:

Ok I'm feeling like I could probably get away with skipping them. I guess if I change my mind at the last minute I can always just get them in the park.

We hit downtown Disney first day, then rode the monorail around and had dinner at Ohana that night. Both boys got a pair of ears in DTD and wore them that day but never wore them into the parks. Too hot and sweaty! I definitely don't regret getting them because it was their first trip and those ears commemorate that - they are displayed in their bedrooms now and occasionally worn around the house. I'm solidly on team buy them for the first trip even though it was sort of a pain making sure they didn't get smoothed and broken on the plane home :)

That said if you really only want the pics you can have fun trying them on in stores and taking pictures. We have pics of the boys in all sorts of fun Mickey hats over the course of the week! Just glad we brought only ears home and not lice LOL

That said if you really only want the pics you can have fun trying them on in stores and taking pictures. We have pics of the boys in all sorts of fun Mickey hats over the course of the week! Just glad we brought only ears home and not lice LOL

Oh my goodness. I read the first sentence of this paragraph and thought "GREAT idea!." And then I read the last sentence...yikes!! I hadn't thought about trying on hats and lice. Eek! Lol:teeth:

Mine (turned 2 in May) is the exact opposite! Would poop in the toilet but wouldn't tell me when he needs to pee! :rolleyes:
My DD was such a breeze. Would tell us around 15 months that she had to poop. Pee took a little bit longer. That being said she was in underwear by 19 months. We had to do pull ups at night for a bit though. I could handle that and didn't push the issue since she would sleep solid for 10-12 hours.

My DD was such a breeze. Would tell us around 15 months that she had to poop. Pee took a little bit longer. That being said she was in underwear by 19 months. We had to do pull ups at night for a bit though. I could handle that and didn't push the issue since she would sleep solid for 10-12 hours.
Oh wow! I wish mine were so easy...

Finally committed to 2 resorts - one night room only at Beach Club and free dining package 4 nights at Caribbean Beach. Couldn't justify the extra $1400 for the Poly, especially with potential monorail refurb issues. The pools at BC look fab and we can walk to HS. If they end up having the SW fireworks at HS on Fri 11/25 we will plan on that. Then we can walk/boat to HS on Sat and keep our Fantasmic dining package. We enjoyed CB last year. Didn't get to use the pool then, so hoping we get a chance this time. I canceled the Poly reservation so I couldn't change my mind again!

I'm not very satisfied with our plans for our MVMCP day. We're currently planning to RD MK on Tuesday, November 29 and then stick around for the Christmas party that night (no tickets purchased yet). I'm actually not too concerned about our stamina for that long day, but I am concerned that we'll get bored. I do like the idea of hitting MK that day because I think it could possibly be the lowest crowds we could see at MK for our entire trip. Then again, it'll be busy either way so I'm not sure it would make a discernible difference. :confused3

Options:

1. Still do MK that day, but arrive later (like around 11 or so).
2. Still hit rope drop (or close to it) but find something to do at a nearby resort for awhile in the early afternoon.
3. Hit a different park that day (either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios) and then head to MK after lunch.
4. Hit rope drop at MK and pick a different night for the party. We would probably hop to DHS after lunch for the rest of the evening.
5. Find something else to do during the day and don't even go to MK until 4:00 for the party.
6. Other?

I'm leaning toward option 2 or 3 right now. My biggest hesitation about option 2 is that if they're doing parade taping that day, it might not be worth fighting the main street crowds to get out of the park.

I'm not very satisfied with our plans for our MVMCP day. We're currently planning to RD MK on Tuesday, November 29 and then stick around for the Christmas party that night (no tickets purchased yet). I'm actually not too concerned about our stamina for that long day, but I am concerned that we'll get bored. I do like the idea of hitting MK that day because I think it could possibly be the lowest crowds we could see at MK for our entire trip. Then again, it'll be busy either way so I'm not sure it would make a discernible difference. :confused3

Options:

1. Still do MK that day, but arrive later (like around 11 or so).
2. Still hit rope drop (or close to it) but find something to do at a nearby resort for awhile in the early afternoon.
3. Hit a different park that day (either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios) and then head to MK after lunch.
4. Hit rope drop at MK and pick a different night for the party. We would probably hop to DHS after lunch for the rest of the evening.
5. Find something else to do during the day and don't even go to MK until 4:00 for the party.
6. Other?

I'm leaning toward option 2 or 3 right now. My biggest hesitation about option 2 is that if they're doing parade taping that day, it might not be worth fighting the main street crowds to get out of the park.

Hmm that's tough - the parade taping was on a weekend last year right? I'll hope they do it the weekend we leave so it won't mess with our plans :santa:

I think RD to the end of a party day is a LONG day in any one park - MK has lots to do, but I too would worry about being in the same place allllll day. I think if I were you I would start at a different park for the morning then head to MK later. You'll still have lots of time in MK but not enough to burn out before the party ends. Then you can do the first park early withgout FP and save your FP for 4pm-6pm at MK right?

So since I've decided against the SW Dessert party, I guess we will have to scope out a spot early. Hopefully with enough snacks and the stroller to sit in the kids will not revolt against a wait. I know they will LOVE the show so I don't want to miss it. I'm hoping I can score a spot right in front of the projection towers so we can throw the kids up on shoulders without blocking people's views. Actually at 5'2" *I* need shoulders to sit on too haha!

We've also never seen Illuminations, but with 9:30 pm closings at Epcot that one will be harder to make it to with the little one...We have an AK day after one of our Epcot nights, so we can make that a later morning if we do get to stay for Illuminations. That might help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter