• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

My feet actually feel BETTER in my TEVA Mush flops than in sneakers!

I bought a pair of those tevas on clearance last fall and loved them until I got stuck in rain and they got soaked and the straps got all stretched out. Now they feel too loose and I am so sad!

I bought a pair of adidas supercloud flip flops and the bottoms feel like walking on memory foam pillows. heaven. But the straps aren't super comfy and dig in at weird spots.

I have serious feet issues apparently!

Ugh. All along we've been planning that we would go to MVMCP on Tuesday, November 29 if we are able to go at all. Tonight I was looking around to start getting an itinerary put together for a party night and I came across Kenny the Pirate's page about the party. It turns out, he thinks Tuesdays are the worst days to go to a party as far as crowds go (he thinks Sunday parties are the least crowded in general)! Tom Bricker, otoh, thinks Tuesdays are the best! lol

It's so difficult to pick a plan and stick with it. At this point, I think I'll just be anxious to get some reports from the Halloween parties and see what attendance is looking like there. Maybe we'll all get lucky and the lower attendance of the summer will continue into the fall and holiday season. (not holding my breath on that one!)

Ugh. All along we've been planning that we would go to MVMCP on Tuesday, November 29 if we are able to go at all. Tonight I was looking around to start getting an itinerary put together for a party night and I came across Kenny the Pirate's page about the party. It turns out, he thinks Tuesdays are the worst days to go to a party as far as crowds go (he thinks Sunday parties are the least crowded in general)! Tom Bricker, otoh, thinks Tuesdays are the best! lol

It's so difficult to pick a plan and stick with it. At this point, I think I'll just be anxious to get some reports from the Halloween parties and see what attendance is looking like there. Maybe we'll all get lucky and the lower attendance of the summer will continue into the fall and holiday season. (not holding my breath on that one!)

The parties seem like such a tough thing to predict, because for locals it's a "cheaper" one day ticket kinda thing too - Sunday's seem like a good day for locals to go. But I think a lot of people who travel TO Disney arrive Sundays and probably think staying up late their first night (especially with kids) after a long travel day doesn't sound appealing.

Such a crapshoot! If you purchase tickets now for one day, but decide to switch later can you transfer them to another date? I know they are technically non refundable, but maybe they will swap dates no problem?

The parties seem like such a tough thing to predict, because for locals it's a "cheaper" one day ticket kinda thing too - Sunday's seem like a good day for locals to go. But I think a lot of people who travel TO Disney arrive Sundays and probably think staying up late their first night (especially with kids) after a long travel day doesn't sound appealing.

Such a crapshoot! If you purchase tickets now for one day, but decide to switch later can you transfer them to another date? I know they are technically non refundable, but maybe they will swap dates no problem?

No tickets are non-transferable! Once you buy that is your party day.

We have ours in hand for December 1. :santa:

I don't think there will be that much difference between the crowds to matter too much. We are doing Tuesday, thinking that Sunday may have a few Thanksgiving week holdovers. We did a Tuesday last year for MNSSHP and it worked well for the schedule/flow of the week (we did a Sat-Sat trip last year too).

No tickets are non-transferable! Once you buy that is your party day.

We have ours in hand for December 1. :santa:
This is technically true, however, I've heard several people say that Disney has let them switch to a different party night under certain circumstances. I wouldn't count on it, but if someone in our group were to get sick, I would be fairly confident Disney would help us out if they could.

I bought a pair of those tevas on clearance last fall and loved them until I got stuck in rain and they got soaked and the straps got all stretched out. Now they feel too loose and I am so sad!

I bought a pair of adidas supercloud flip flops and the bottoms feel like walking on memory foam pillows. heaven. But the straps aren't super comfy and dig in at weird spots.

I have serious feet issues apparently!
I actually wore my Ugg medium wedge sandals last year and they were the best shoes I brought. I wore my favorite Reef sandals around the world in epcot one day and thought that I would absolutely die. I wore my sneakers as well. I brought my DD (2 at the time) Mini Melissa ballets (she has them in black and pale pink), Toms and she wore her Hunter boots on the plane. DH had a pair of flip flops and sneakers.

It was "cool" 50s when we left Tennessee and upper 78ish our entire trip last year. We wore shorts and tanks every day last year. I brought DD a raincoat but not one for us. I drizzled our first day at Epcot, beautiful Monday and Tuesday, rained Wednesday evening luckily just when we were eating at BoG, cooler on Thursday that DD asked for her sweatshirt on the safari and beautiful again on Friday. We didn't spend too many late nights out since we had a 2 year old. I definitely gets cooler at night. It just depends on your preference. For at night I brought a thin long sleeve to throw on, DD wore jeans long sleeve and had sweatshirt to throw on and DH was fine in shorts and t shirt the entire time.

I was thinking about monorail resort hopping on our check in night to see the GF Christmas decorations and watch Wishes from California Grill. I had initially thought that we would relax at hotel (BC has Stormalong Bay) and do the MVMCP Sunday night. I have reservations about having a relax day so early in our trip. Tuesday and Thursday could also be options I guess. Why is it so difficult?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was thinking about monorail resort hopping on our check in night to see the GF Christmas decorations and watch Wishes from California Grill. I had initially thought that we would relax at hotel (BC has Stormalong Bay) and do the MVMCP Sunday night. I have reservations about having a relax day so early in our trip. Tuesday and Thursday could also be options I guess. Why is it so difficult?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know that was a rhetorical question, but I'm going to answer anyway because I've been asking myself the same thing! It's so difficult because there are so many variables and we're trying to predict how we (and all members of our traveling party) will be feeling 3 months from now. I can imagine we'll be more tired and worn out later in our trip, but will we also be tired and worn out from our travel day? I worry someone will pick up some sort of virus as we park tour over 10 days (one reason I want to do MVMCP early in our trip) but what if someone picks up something at Thanksgiving the Thursday before? In that case, a party on Sunday or Tuesday might be difficult. I've planned a visit to DHS on 2 different days, but what if my littler kids have had enough of that park in just one visit and don't want to go back? What if we go with our quick service plan but then everyone gets really tired of eating "the same thing" all the time and suddenly wants table service instead?

All these questions and more simply can't be answered until we are there and actually DOING things. They are also what can make it so difficult to plan. We can do our best to maintain some flexibility and keep a positive attitude, but it's near impossible to know right now if we'll be up for half of the things I have in mind to do. :confused3

I know that was a rhetorical question, but I'm going to answer anyway because I've been asking myself the same thing! It's so difficult because there are so many variables and we're trying to predict how we (and all members of our traveling party) will be feeling 3 months from now. I can imagine we'll be more tired and worn out later in our trip, but will we also be tired and worn out from our travel day? I worry someone will pick up some sort of virus as we park tour over 10 days (one reason I want to do MVMCP early in our trip) but what if someone picks up something at Thanksgiving the Thursday before? In that case, a party on Sunday or Tuesday might be difficult. I've planned a visit to DHS on 2 different days, but what if my littler kids have had enough of that park in just one visit and don't want to go back? What if we go with our quick service plan but then everyone gets really tired of eating "the same thing" all the time and suddenly wants table service instead?

All these questions and more simply can't be answered until we are there and actually DOING things. They are also what can make it so difficult to plan. We can do our best to maintain some flexibility and keep a positive attitude, but it's near impossible to know right now if we'll be up for half of the things I have in mind to do. :confused3

You have summed up everything rattling through my brain right now!

my7 year old son broke his 1 month old glasses today - the arm snapped in half while he and his brother were horsing around :guilty: Realllllllllllly hoping the eye doctor can order a replacement piece, instead of having to replace the whole thing.

Because more costly crap is exactly what we need after DH's truck issues, and me not working right now with these stupid blood clots. Blargh.

my7 year old son broke his 1 month old glasses today - the arm snapped in half while he and his brother were horsing around :guilty: Realllllllllllly hoping the eye doctor can order a replacement piece, instead of having to replace the whole thing.

Because more costly crap is exactly what we need after DH's truck issues, and me not working right now with these stupid blood clots. Blargh.

Boo!!! Lots of tape? Tape + Star Wars stickers??!

Repair with epoxy?

There are others places I know, but our favorite was meeting with Santa & Mrs. Claus at America in Epcot. They were great characters and really interacted with the kids well. Plus, there wasn't a crowd when we went, so they really took their time.

If you're looking for a "classic Santa" experience, this is about as good as it gets.

Last edited:
I know disney Springs and Epcot usually have one, and Santa goofy used to be at Osborne Lights so not sure if he will be back at HS this year.

I have no idea when they start though, would be cool to have a pic with Disney Santa for sure!

yesterday I transferred all of our credit card points into the savings account to pay down the trip balance - we each use a rewards card for all purchases and pay it off monthly so we accrue quite a bit of rewards points each year. Ended up with $900 in cash back towards the vacation, plus the $200 disney GC DH got for getting the disney visa with my referral link. That was a huge chunk of the cost paid down from free money! Man that felt good.

I just came across a picture of a couple in ugly christmas sweaters in front of the lit up castle and now I must do this with my family! Guess I'll be hitting up goodwill a bunch of times between now and the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter