We Went to See Mic-key M-o-u-s-e ... Again! - Sept '12 TR [COMPLETE]

I got it cut out last night and snapped this pic. Now I need to get it laminated and hole-punched. :teeth:

LGMHsmall.jpg

We will hopefully be getting near our local Disney store this coming weekend. I want to pick up a stuffed Mickey and Minnie to use in our window decorations.

The mousekeeping tip envelopes are done - will post a pic of that soon.

79 days until vacation ... 81 days until WDW! :woohoo:

LOVEEE your LGMH!!! I wanted to just print mine out with the waltograph font but I don't have a printer so I emailed myself about the file and was going to print it at my parents... but, since they didn't have that font installed on their computer it wouldn't work. I didn't want to bother DLing it on their computer so I was like, of screw it!! :rotfl: :love: yours though!! That $1 is AWESOMEEE too! Totally jealous!!!

LOVEEE your LGMH!!! I wanted to just print mine out with the waltograph font but I don't have a printer so I emailed myself about the file and was going to print it at my parents... but, since they didn't have that font installed on their computer it wouldn't work. I didn't want to bother DLing it on their computer so I was like, of screw it!! :rotfl: :love: yours though!! That $1 is AWESOMEEE too! Totally jealous!!!

:teeth:

Just got our internet restored. Those big storms ran right through here on Friday, but we're okay. Took out the tops of our large trees - we're still cleaning up today. We'll have to call a tree service to get to some of the bigger stuff that's caught up high, but at least the house wasn't damaged. Our neighbors a few homes over took the worst of it. We've been running loads of brush into the woods from our yard and for others for days.

We're so lucky, and I'm so thankful that none of my friends, family, or neighbors were hurt.

YIKES! :scared: Has been a few days since I posted and I had to hunt and search for this thread.

We've been working hard on yard clean-up and not much on WDW these past few days. Most of the yard stuff is finished now - we're helping my BIL with some stuff at his house as well.

DH is off this week, so we've been doing our porch reno in preparation to (hopefully) sell next Spring.

I did manage to get to Walmart today and pick up some peppermint foot lotion to throw in the suitcase, as well as a couple of shirts. I need to get some beach towels because I think the old ones are pretty ratty. I've looked everywhere and can't find suitcases that will suit us that we can actually afford, so the old ones may have to make the trip again. :crazy2:

Mousekeeping envelopes are finished and filled - I'll be posting a pic of those soon. I also made up index-card-sized itineraries with our ADRs and snack lists to throw in our backpacks as well.

71 days until vacation, 73 days until WDW! :dance3: Time sure is flying by! :hourglass

Glad time is flying by for you, it sure isn't for me. :sad2: November seems like forever away. Glad you made it through the storms, and glad nothing got badly damaged. I'm actually typing this sitting on my porch watching the glorious rain!!! Obviously I don't need to tell you about our drought and about all of our wildfires here. This is soooo needed and has been missed. It's suppose to rain all weekend and we couldn't be happier. The only negative is that all of the fire areas are now under flash flood warnings. Those people just can't get a break. Luckily the Colorado Springs fire is almost out.:cheer2:

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th! Come check out my PTR if you'd like! I really, really need to update it!

Glad time is flying by for you, it sure isn't for me. :sad2: November seems like forever away. Glad you made it through the storms, and glad nothing got badly damaged. I'm actually typing this sitting on my porch watching the glorious rain!!! Obviously I don't need to tell you about our drought and about all of our wildfires here. This is soooo needed and has been missed. It's suppose to rain all weekend and we couldn't be happier. The only negative is that all of the fire areas are now under flash flood warnings. Those people just can't get a break. Luckily the Colorado Springs fire is almost out.:cheer2:

So glad you got some rain! :yay: I've been thinking of and praying for the people of Colorado for so long now.

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th! Come check out my PTR if you'd like! I really, really need to update it!

:welcome: So glad you decided to read! We will be there at the same time! I'll come check out your PTR after I update here. ;)

I've been promising to post a pic, so HYG:

3adeb399.jpg

I got the people graphics from the Creative DISigns forum - those came from Marion (RustManFan). The font is, of course, Waltograph, which I downloaded from dafont. They're very simple, as you can see ... I did them using Paint. I wanted to leave clean space in the middle to write any requests or whatever. They're all filled and thrown in the pile with all the other WDW stuff. :thumbsup2

Summer feels like it is flying by. I can't believe we're nearly halfway through July already! :hyper: Suddenly, I feel like there's not enough time to get everything done I still need to do before we go. Funny how that happens - first you're wishing for time to hurry-hurry-hurry ... then you want things to slow down because it's going by too fast. Never happy!

68 days until vacation, 70 days until WDW! :beach:

:rolleyes1

DH and I have been discussing our vacation a lot over these past couple of weeks and finally decided to make some changes. Basically, we're just switching two days around. That, of course, meant switching our ADRs around, also. It really worked out okay with those though, so I'm pleased with what we've decided to do.

Here's what our schedule officially looks like now:

Monday, September 17:
Arrive at POFQ
T-Rex @ 5:30

Tuesday, September 18:
MNSSHP
Liberty Tree Tavern @ 4:30

Wednesday, September 19:
Hollywood Studios
50's Prime Time Cafe @ 7:05

Thursday, September 20:
MK w/KTTK tour
The Plaza @ 6:25

Friday, September 21:
EPCOT
Biergarten @ 6:45

All things considered, we decided we'd rather miss going to EPCOT if we're too tired to do a park day on Friday rather than miss DHS ... hence the day switching. We really had wanted to do 50's, too, and I wasn't able to get a ressie for there on Friday, so this all works out fine.

Hopefully this is the last of the changes. :crazy2:

We're going to be inside 60 days pretty soon - that's so hard for me to believe considering I booked this trip back in February! We'll be doing some more shopping this weekend - hopefully we can pick up the rest of the clothes we need. DH *finally* found some shoes for himself, so I checked that off the to-do list. :thumbsup2

I'll get some pics taken of the t-shirts we're going to be wearing. We need one more set and then I think we're good.

We are, however, re-thinking the whole dressing up thing for MNSSHP. It's not that we don't want to wear costumes ... it's more being worried about how hot it is going to be and how much we'll suffer. :crazy2: I dunno - it may end up being shorts and a Halloween-type t-shirt. I'm thinking of buying plain t's and doing them up with glow-in-the-dark paint. :scratchin Who knows - that's still in the "thinking about it" stage. :teeth:

63 days until vacation, 65 days until WDW! pixiedust:

I have been craaaaazy busy these last couple of days. :crazy2: Lots of stuff coming up - DH's work picnic, family events, doctor appointments ... ARGHH! pirate: Not much time to work on WDW-related things, but I'm trying.

I've got pics taken of the T-shirts - just need to upload those so I can post them. I've also been working on what QS restaurants we'll be eating at since nowww I also have to eat low-sodium. :headache: That should be fun considering WDW doesn't provide *any* nutritional information, period. Yay. I'm hoping the QS places will be as willing to work with my dietary needs as the TS places are, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. :upsidedow Those places are usually so packed that I'm not sure how well "individual attention" is going to work out. :rolleyes: I know they have the allergy binders, so hopefully that will help some.

Still need to work on my packing list and I am *still* trying to find a floppy hat to wear to the parks. You'd think a big floppy hat would be easy to find in the Summertime, wouldn't you? But nooo - I've been to 5 different places and nobody has them! Go figure!

Promise, I'll get those pics uploaded soon when I have more than 2 minutes to update!

60 days until vacation, 62 days until WDW! :dance3:

DH and I were sitting in the family room last night when he turned to me and goes, "Know what?" "What?" I said.

"LESS THAN 2 MONTHS UNTIL DISNEY, THAT'S WHAT!" he says.

We both looked like this: :yay: :banana: :woohoo: :cool1:

And then, realizing all I still had to do, I began to look like this: :scared1: :scared: :crazy2: :worried: :faint:

Seriously! We still don't have all the clothing we need, still haven't found luggage, still haven't bought new beach towels, no packing list, no elusive floppy hat, haven't given our FL relatives our schedule, haven't decided what we're doing on our last day, don't have anyone to take us to the airport (or pick us up), don't have anyone to watch our cat ... I could go on and on, but honestly I'm getting scared just reading what I've already typed. :headache:

I need to block out a chunk of time where I can do some serious shopping (and make some phone calls). I need to make an all-inclusive list of everything that still needs to be taken care of and get working on it. And what I really need to do is stop talking about stuff and get busy! ::yes::

57 days until vacation, 59 days until WDW! :faint:

:banana: WOO HOO! EXCITING! I'm sure you'll get everything done in time! It's not like shopping is torture!! ;) We're getting so close! :cool1:

Just caught up. Great report so far. Don't want you to think I am stalking you but our trips have a lot in common...we get in WDW on the 17th also, we are doing the MNSSHP on the 18th and are in DHS on the 19th with adrs at 50s too(but earlier)

Subbing! Sept. is a great time to visit - less crowded, but kinda hot. Super excited to hear about your MNSSHP too! I want to go next year! I got a glimpse of the decorations when I went last Sept. Can't wait to read more.

It seems like I saw some floppy hats at target, recently? Have you tried there?

You have plenty of time to get things done... Don't sweat it. :thumbsup2 Finding someone to watch your cat is probably the most important right now. :confused3 I haven't spoken to anyone about watching our animals yet. I have to figure out who I should suck up too before asking :lmao: Nobody seems to like my doggies, they think Buffy is too hyper. ((Which she is. :rolleyes1)) I think this is the one thing I'm freaking about the most. There is NO way we can afford to have them boarded.

:banana: WOO HOO! EXCITING! I'm sure you'll get everything done in time! It's not like shopping is torture!! ;) We're getting so close! :cool1:

:laughing: True, true ... it's more finding the time to shop more than anything else! Hopefully we'll be at the same park at the same time on at least one day so we can say hello! :wave2:

Just caught up. Great report so far. Don't want you to think I am stalking you but our trips have a lot in common...we get in WDW on the 17th also, we are doing the MNSSHP on the 18th and are in DHS on the 19th with adrs at 50s too(but earlier)

:welcome: You don't happen to be staying at POFQ do you? LOL Do you have a PTR? I will come visit if you do. ;) Be on the lookout for my LGMH and if you see me, come up and say hi!

Subbing! Sept. is a great time to visit - less crowded, but kinda hot. Super excited to hear about your MNSSHP too! I want to go next year! I got a glimpse of the decorations when I went last Sept. Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: September is a *great* time to visit, you are right about that. We generally go at that time of year because it is "value season" as far as resort prices go, school is back in session for the locals, and our anniversary is in October, so it's like an early celebration for us. ;) This will be our first MNSSHP and we can't wait! We too saw the decorations last year and decided we just had to go this year. Hope you get to do the same! Thanks for reading. :teeth:

It seems like I saw some floppy hats at target, recently? Have you tried there?

You have plenty of time to get things done... Don't sweat it. :thumbsup2 Finding someone to watch your cat is probably the most important right now. :confused3 I haven't spoken to anyone about watching our animals yet. I have to figure out who I should suck up too before asking :lmao: Nobody seems to like my doggies, they think Buffy is too hyper. ((Which she is. :rolleyes1)) I think this is the one thing I'm freaking about the most. There is NO way we can afford to have them boarded.

I have not tried Target yet - that will be the next place I check. Thanks for the info!

My neighbor originally said she would watch the cat, but things have been a little cool with her lately so now I'm wondering if she'll stand by what she said. :confused: Maybe I should take some brownies over there ... yeah, yeah! :idea:

Followed you over from my trip report!! I can't believe I didn't see it before. LOL!

DH and I have been married for almost 17 years. Thank goodness we both love Disney. We have passed that love along to our son. LOL!!

You are going to be in Disney on my birthday and doing the KTTK tour! I am soooo jealous! I know that you will have fun!!

We aren't going to be there until the 4th of October. It seems so far away right now. LOL!

We love POFQ. It's our favorite resort to stay at. You are going to have a blast. I love the carriage rides. It's one of our favorite things to do.

I had to laugh at you asking your DH what he thought he would eat at each of the restaurants. I can't get my DH to look at the menus. He flat out refuses. Says that he will always find something. LOL!!

Love the bag that you got from WalMart. I don't shop there much since DH works at Target, but I would if i knew that they had that there. LOL!!

Can't wait to read more!

I think the only day we'll be in the same park is the 19th, at Epcot, cuz that's our last day! We'll probably be there all day so I'm sure we'll run into you! Matt and I have and ADR at Tokyo Dining and my parents have one at Via Napoli so we'll be around! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter