We Went to See Mic-key M-o-u-s-e ... Again! - Sept '12 TR [COMPLETE]

Followed you over from my trip report!! I can't believe I didn't see it before. LOL!

DH and I have been married for almost 17 years. Thank goodness we both love Disney. We have passed that love along to our son. LOL!!

You are going to be in Disney on my birthday and doing the KTTK tour! I am soooo jealous! I know that you will have fun!!

We aren't going to be there until the 4th of October. It seems so far away right now. LOL!

We love POFQ. It's our favorite resort to stay at. You are going to have a blast. I love the carriage rides. It's one of our favorite things to do.

I had to laugh at you asking your DH what he thought he would eat at each of the restaurants. I can't get my DH to look at the menus. He flat out refuses. Says that he will always find something. LOL!!

Love the bag that you got from WalMart. I don't shop there much since DH works at Target, but I would if i knew that they had that there. LOL!!

Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Early congrats on 17 years - that's so great! I love hearing stories from other people who are as happily married as we are. :lovestruc

Yes, DH was very co-operative with the restaurant thing ... to a point. Eventually though I started looking like this :duck: every time I would ask. :teeth:

Glad you decided to join in!

I think the only day we'll be in the same park is the 19th, at Epcot, cuz that's our last day! We'll probably be there all day so I'm sure we'll run into you! Matt and I have and ADR at Tokyo Dining and my parents have one at Via Napoli so we'll be around! LOL!

Well crud! We switched our days around and we'll be at DHS on the 19th now. <sob> :sad: Guess we won't get to have a meet-up afterall. :( Who knows though - we're still plenty of time out to make <gasp> changes. :faint:

I finally have a couple of minutes to upload and post the t-shirts we bought to wear on the trip. I definitely learned my lesson last year - NO TANK TOPS FOR ME! It was just a bad idea. My fair skin + Florida sun + lots of open pavement = major sunburn even with tons of sunscreen. :bitelip: Never again.

We're definitely t-shirt & jeans/jean shorts kinda people, so it was pretty obvious what we would be buying to wear this year. Here's what we have for our two (three?) park days:

Showing off our Grumpy side:

0861e6c8.jpg

Our beloved Buckeyes:

0d68e863.jpg

Showing our local team some love:

6dfaab56.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't fantabulous - I still don't have this camera figured out. Everything looks blurry if there isn't enough light ... and there never seems to be enough light! :rolleyes2

More pics later as we continue shopping ...

I love your Grumpy shirt!! I have one that I got from the Disney Store online and I love it!! Of course I got some grumpy flip flops for going through security at the airport. LOL!

:offtopic:
My best friend lives in Ohio. Of course, I have no idea how close she is to you! LOL!! And my parents were both from Michigan. That is before my dad decided that he hated the cold and moved to Florida!! LOL!!

I'm loving everything about your trip report.

WAHOOOOOOOOOO! :woohoo: pixiedust: :hyper:

Okay, let me back up a bit ...

We've been back and forth, back and forth on the whole rental car thing. :drive: Should we or shouldn't we? Who should we go through? DH's company gets a corporate deal but it was pricey. Our AAA agent could set something up for us, too. Would we really use a car enough, though, to make it worth the money? Potentially, a LOT of money? Or should we just borrow a car from the family once we arrive in Orlando like we usually do? :confused:

We knew we'd have to go to the grocery before we hit WDW ... and that we had a possible second beach day in our plans on our last day ... and that we stood on the buses every single time last year. :crazy2: Yes, we had to have transportation of some kind available to us other than WDW's.

We have talked this thing to DEATH. :hyper2: Borrowing a vehicle this time wasn't really going to be the best option. Basically, after we left their place on Monday, we would be stuck driving back there on Saturday to return the car ... then THEY would be stuck driving us alllll the way back to the airport. It just didn't make much sense. Strike one.

DH's company option was great because there was no set pick-up or return time (sweet, huh?). HOWEVER, the price was way more than we wanted to spend ... and a larger car class than we really needed. Strike two. Things ain't lookin' good.

So finally last week, I decided to email our AAA TA to see what she could find out for us price-wise booking through them. We had talked over renting a car previously and had kept it in the back of our minds, but again, all the back and forth ... :confused3

She called this morning with a STELLAR deal! $140 for a compact car ... FOR THE WHOLE WEEK! :woohoo: ::yes:: :teeth: I couldn't believe it! Seems she found some kind of coupon she could apply and took care of everything for us. YAY - one more thing I can check off my (never-ending) list!

Have I mentioned how much I love our travel agent? :littleangel: She's the best! :worship: Seriously. ::yes::

54 days until vacation, 56 days until WDW! :car:

I love your Grumpy shirt!! I have one that I got from the Disney Store online and I love it!! Of course I got some grumpy flip flops for going through security at the airport. LOL!

:offtopic:
My best friend lives in Ohio. Of course, I have no idea how close she is to you! LOL!! And my parents were both from Michigan. That is before my dad decided that he hated the cold and moved to Florida!! LOL!!

I'm loving everything about your trip report.

:laughing: I love the idea of the Grumpy flip-flops! :lmao: Please tell me there's a pic of those coming to your PTR soon!

Want to know something funny? I saw that you're from Huntsville, AL ... I've been there! Many, many moons ago ... back in my younger days before I was married, I went there to visit a (potential) boyfriend. :teeth: We went to some kind of gigantic festival where I got my first taste of deep-fried pickles on a stick. :thumbsup2 Good times!

Whereabouts in OH is your best friend?

:laughing: I love the idea of the Grumpy flip-flops! :lmao: Please tell me there's a pic of those coming to your PTR soon!

Want to know something funny? I saw that you're from Huntsville, AL ... I've been there! Many, many moons ago ... back in my younger days before I was married, I went there to visit a (potential) boyfriend. :teeth: We went to some kind of gigantic festival where I got my first taste of deep-fried pickles on a stick. :thumbsup2 Good times!

Whereabouts in OH is your best friend?

Since you asked I will post one in my next update. LOL! I had no idea that you were a Grumpy fan. LOL!

I'm actually originally from Florida. I was actually born and raised in Florida. I moved here about 5 years ago. I miss going to Disney all the time. It's one of the only great things about living in Florida.

She lives in Berea. It's way up north. I stink at the geography for Ohio. LOL!! Our sons grew up together and they are best friends too. LOL!!

Deep fried pickles are very, very yummy. We always order them when we go to our local restaurant.::yes::

Since you asked I will post one in my next update. LOL! I had no idea that you were a Grumpy fan. LOL!

I'm actually originally from Florida. I was actually born and raised in Florida. I moved here about 5 years ago. I miss going to Disney all the time. It's one of the only great things about living in Florida.

She lives in Berea. It's way up north. I stink at the geography for Ohio. LOL!! Our sons grew up together and they are best friends too. LOL!!

Deep fried pickles are very, very yummy. We always order them when we go to our local restaurant.::yes::

Saw the shoes you posted ... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Too cute!

Yeah, we're nowhere near Berea. I'll bet you do miss being in FL and being able to go to the 'World whenever you want to. That is a definite perk to living there for sure!

Finally got my copy of the Unofficial Guide to WDW for my Kindle from the library this morning! :woohoo: Now I can read up and figure out all the plans I've made wrong and everything I need to change. :headache: :laughing:

We have been discussing our next trip to the 'World as well. We really don't think we'll go back next year. We've decided to try and put our house on the market, so we'll need every available dollar for home improvements and other expenses. Our porch renovation is almost complete, then no more projects until we return from WDW when we'll paint our living room and family room.

Our next trip to WDW will be in 2014 for our 15th anniversary. We're currently discussing whether we want to stay deluxe (WL) or moderate (CSR or FQ). After pricing out WL, I'm just not sure if it is worth the extra money to us ... but there is plenty of time to make those decisions. I'd almost rather stay moderate and have the extra money to spend, to tell the truth.

Meantime, we'll be charging-charging-charging on our Disney Visa to build up those points! We always pay it in full each month to avoid interest fees.

We're expecting more storms today and tomorrow, so I'm busy charging everything and I have a cooler ready this time in case the electric goes out again.

All for now. I'm working on my final need-to-do list today ... and packing list ... and shopping lists. :teeth: I will get it all done - I WILL!

51 days until vacation, 53 days until WDW! :yay:

I can recommend CSR for your 15th! Really nice resort!

Thank you for the recommendation! :flower3: I think what we're most worried about with CSR is that it is soooo huuuuuuge and we'll be a million miles away from everything. I keep hearing to request the Casitas, but if we don't get a room there and get stuck in the Ranchos ... :scared:

The resort does look so beautiful though, and I love the look of the rooms especially. I guess it will depend on how much we like FQ and if we get over to CSR to check it out on this trip. :p

I've been working on our packing list for a few days. Then suddenly, it came to me ... why not check here on the DIS to see if anyone has listed a "master" packing list? :idea: Sure enough, I found a really good one HERE. :teeth: I took that one and modified it to fit our needs. I'll update as needed, but I think this is about as final as it's going to get! ::yes::

DH:
  • 1 pair jeans
  • 6 pair shorts
  • 1 pair dressy pants
  • 1 polo shirt
  • T-shirts
  • Swim trunks x 2
  • Sleep pants
  • Socks / Underclothes
  • Shoes (Dress / Gym / Water)
  • MNSSHP costume

Me:
  • Jean capris
  • 6 pair shorts
  • 1 dressy outfit
  • T-shirts
  • 5 tops
  • Swim suit x 2 / Sarong
  • PJs / gowns
  • Socks / Underclothes
  • Shoes (Dress Sandals / Flip-flops / Gym / Water)
  • MNSSHP costume

Carry-On:
  • Cell Phones / Wall chargers
  • Camera & extra batteries / SD card
  • Antibacterial hand cleaner
  • Kindle / Charger
  • Magazine for DH
  • Medications (including ibuprofen, Tylenol, allergy/sinus, pepto tablets, Zantac, and prescription meds)
  • Diabetes meter x 2 / Testing Strips / Lancets
  • DH CPap Machine
  • Blood pressure monitor
  • Medical ID / Information card / Bracelet
  • Boarding passes / Plane tickets
  • Rental car information
  • 1 credit card (Disney Visa) / Credit card 800# in case lost or stolen
  • Gift cards / Cash
  • Driver’s licenses
  • GPS w/cord & windshield attachment

Miscellaneous:
  • Lanyards
  • Minnie Ears :teeth:
  • Pop-up hamper
  • Window decorations
  • Mousekeeping envelopes
  • Index cards with itinerary / ADRs / Snacks list
  • Small suction cups
  • Disney binder
  • Large & small ziplock-type bags
  • Bathroom spray / Air freshener
  • Small disposable bathroom cups
  • Camel-bak backpacks
  • All-in-one laundry sheets / Shout stain wipes
  • Crystal light singles
  • Antenna ball for rental car
  • Beach towels
  • Quarters for laundry machines
  • Sponge soaked with dish detergent (dry, cut into pieces, store in sandwich bag)
  • Lint roller
  • Eyeglass case / Eyeglass repair kit
  • Manicure kit
  • Nightlight
  • Ponchos
  • Floppy hat / Baseball hat

Personal Items:
  • Chapstick
  • Sunblock
  • Aloe-vera
  • Powder / Lotion / Peppermint foot lotion
  • Sunglasses
  • Hair Dryer
  • Hair scrunchies / Clips / Headband
  • Hair brush
  • Flat Iron & cooling pad
  • Styling clips / Handheld mirror
  • Styling creams / Mousse / Hairspray
  • Toothbrushes / Toothpaste / Dental Floss
  • Deodorant
  • Shave cream / Razors
  • Face wash
  • Feminine products
  • Body Wash / Shampoo / Conditioner
  • Perfume / Cologne
  • Icy-Hot or Ben-Gay
  • Cortisone cream
  • Band-Aids (various sizes) / Neosporin

:scared1: OMG that looks like a crapload of stuff all spelled out like that! :crazy2: Thank goodness most of those are small items or I would need 5 suitcases for 7 days! :lmao: :laughing:

50 days until vacation, 52 days until WDW! :thumbsup2

Where did you find your window decorations? I've been searching all over for them and I'm stressing out over it. LOL!!

Wow... That does look like a crapload of stuff. The funny thing is that I'm probably going to take most of that stuff with us also.

I got stuck in Ranchos, despite requesting Casitas. It was a pretty awful walk, but the resort makes up for it.

I haven't even contemplated a packing list yet! You're so on it! I will take tips from yours :)

We stayed at CSR a while ago. I have to say that the only thing that I can remember is that it was huge and relatively quiet. The buildings were pretty boring. At least for me. then again, I know nothing about architecture.... LOL!!:lmao:

Where did you find your window decorations? I've been searching all over for them and I'm stressing out over it. LOL!!

Wow... That does look like a crapload of stuff. The funny thing is that I'm probably going to take most of that stuff with us also.

I found some great ideas for window decorations on THIS THREAD. It's long, but trust me, it's worth reading it all.

I had my signs for the windows made by Marion (RustManFan) on the Creative DISigns board. Be forewarned ... once you go there, you'll be looking for HOURS! I will be posting pics of the window signs once I get them matted.

I got stuck in Ranchos, despite requesting Casitas. It was a pretty awful walk, but the resort makes up for it.

I haven't even contemplated a packing list yet! You're so on it! I will take tips from yours :)

How long was the walk from the Ranchos, honestly? I've read some of the horror stories of it taking 20+ minutes from the bus drop-off point, but we'll have a rental car ... so :confused3

Feel free to use the packing list as you wish. ;)

We stayed at CSR a while ago. I have to say that the only thing that I can remember is that it was huge and relatively quiet. The buildings were pretty boring. At least for me. then again, I know nothing about architecture.... LOL!!:lmao:

:laughing: "Quiet" is important to us since we'll be there for a big anniversary. :lovestruc I know nothing about architecture either, so don't feel bad! I just thought the rooms were exceptionally pretty ... but I didn't care for the big feature pool. It's definitely on our short list, though. :scratchin

It was a busy, busy weekend. :faint:

I finally got to Hobby Lobby and got the paper to mat my window signs on. DH also had to buy the "Man Cave" sign for the doorway to our basement (it was 50% off). :rolleyes1 Anyway, now I need to get busy doing working on those. I have them printed out, just need to figure how to trim them down, etc. Unfortunately, I can't cut a straight line to save my life, so this should be interesting ... :headache:

I think I've abandoned the idea of doing the hanging fishline decorations. I looked at a million cutouts, punches, premade stuff and I just couldn't find anything I liked well enough to bother ... so the three signs will have to do. Promise I'll post pics once I get them finished.

Went to a mini family reunion yesterday and had a great time. I was discussing WDW with my cousin and she was telling me how great Universal and their hotels are in comparison. :confused3 I dunno - we want to visit IOA for sure when we go back in 2014, but I can't see it replacing WDW in my heart. :lovestruc

Today I plan to work on the lists (to buy, to do) and the window signs. Considering my scissoring skills, that should keep me busy for a while. :thumbsup2

47 days until vacation, 49 days until WDW! :hyper:

"The Lists" hahaha...I haven't started on mine and I leave NEXT Friday! I would bet a lot that Universal will never replace WDW in your heart. Nothing is like Disney.

My lists keep changing every time I turn around. Just when I think I have everything set and perfect I decide on something else to change. LOL!!

Can't wait to see the posters!!

Wow, your trip is approaching real fast! Sorry I've in MIA for awhile, just got caught up on your PTR... Everything looks great. Love your packing list and I'm thinking I need to buy that grumpy shirt for my husband as well. ;)

Your packing list looks teeny tiny compared to mine!!!! When I print mine out from Word, it's 3 pages with 2 columns on each page! I can't even imagine what it will look like when I add my DS's stuff to the list!! :scared1:

I love decorating my window while at Disney. I haven't really thought about it for this trip though. We've stayed at Pop the last two trips and it's fun to look up from the pool and see our awesome window. :thumbsup2 This time we'll be at POFQ and I requested a high floor again (keeps the noise out and I don't like people above us) and I don't know if it will be worth it to decorate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter