We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

I love all these cakes! We are going in July for a very short trip. My sister and I usually order some flowers to be in the room when we get there but, perhaps I should order a cake for us to eat up in the room. We wouldn't really be celebrating anything though.

The cakes are totally worth it...so yummy. We had the white cake with strawberry filling with the ganache frosting pictured a few threads back...it was so good.
Indybride, You can have a welcome to disneyland cake :)
or Have a Magical vacation cake :)

Woo-hoo!!! I found you guys! I've gotten cakes at WDW and am so excited that I can get them at DL too! :cool1:

Let me give it a try.

dlcake2.jpg

This is the cake we got the first week of June. Didn't get a pic of the inside, sorry.

As I mentioned in another thread, I requested a Mickey theme. I guess it is in a vague way, lol, but not sure how the ribbon and butterfly fit in on a cake for two boys.

It tasted good. I ordered strawberry filling but it was totally missing, just had chocolate mousse between layers. I didn't bother complaining, just not worth it to me.

i love the jack skellington cake! was it edible?

and if you're staying off-site, are they willing to work with you on the birthday buckets?

We did the Birthday Bucket at Ariel's Grotto for our oldest Birthday. You can order a Birthday Bucket from any service resteraunt. When you call to make priority seating you just add on the birthday bucket. I want to say it was around $20. It had the little cake on top, a comb, a pin, some stickers.
DSC01053.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

We are planning a trip for Sept 5-9 to celebrate DS's 1st birthday at DLR. I have already ordered a special shirt for him to wear on his actual b-day from disney.shopping. Since we are having breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, I designed a shirt with them on it that says that it's his birthday.

But, I also wanted to add a cake for one night. However, when I requested cake information yesterday, I was a little disappointed to see that there was no listing for raspberry filling or white chocolate mousse. Also, the only decorations listed were the Mickey and Minnie figurines for 6 inch cakes.

Cake Information:
Here are the choices for ordering a cake: Requires 72 hours notice
Size: 6" - 10" - 1/4 sheet or 1/2 sheet
Kind of Sponge: Vanilla or Chocolate
Kind of Filling: Whipped Cream - Vanilla Custard - Chocolate Custard - Chocolate Mousse or Strawberries
Kind of Frosting: Whipped Cream - Chocolate Ganache or Butter Cream
Chocolate Figurines: Mickey Mouse - Minnie Mouse (Price for Choc. Figurines $4.50 each)
Edible Images: Mickey Mouse (B-day) - Minnie Mouse (B-day) - Pooh (B-day) - Cinderella - Snow White - Sleeping Beauty's Castle *Note - Edible images are only available on 10" cakes or larger - Price: $10.00 additional for images
Price for 6" - approx. $25.00 (# of Servings = 6-8 people
Price for 10" - approx. $32.00 (# of Servings = 12 people
Price for 1/4 Sheet - approx. $52.00 (# of Servings = 16-18 people)
Price for 1/2 Sheet - approx. $68.00 (# of Servings = 30-35 people)

For those of you who got chocolate Mickey heads and other fun decorations, was this something you special requested?

It will only be his dad and me on the trip with him, so we definitely don't need a bigger cake, but I want it to be fun and memorable!

I would appreciate any ideas that you have to make his 1st birthday one to remember!

we are thinking of getting one for my Sons bday
we have to order 10inch one to get melifcent on it but i wanted to know do those little mickys or minnies come on them all, are they edibuel?
is that micky figuerine on the top of this page one the purple blue cake. the choclate figuerines that they were talkign about? (where you pay 4.50 for one)

The castle was chocolate and yes its the play set, and they came on the cake.
I can't remember if we had the 1/2 or 3/4 sheet size, but the total price after room service charges was around $120.

very cool my son wanted that play set last time we got it for him but seeing it on the cake is cool

now i have to ask
Chocolate Figurines: Mickey Mouse - Minnie Mouse (Price for Choc. Figurines $4.50 each)
Edible Images: Mickey Mouse (B-day) - Minnie Mouse (B-day) - Pooh (B-day) - Cinderella - Snow White - Sleeping Beauty's Castle *Note - Edible images are only available on 10" cakes or larger - Price: $10.00 additional for images
Edible Images(so is that what comes on the cake? like a pic)
And the choc. figurines (are they the figuerines on the side?) so we could get one of each?

i posted these pics in another thread but i remembered this thread and how good it can make you feel while your waiting on your next trip to DL...
we were given these as a random magical moments at the DL hotel.
DSC02029.jpg

^^^Mmmm, reminds me of the cupcakes they passed out on the 50th birthday! Tons of frosting!!!!

hmm... I do notice that all of the CM's in VP do not give all of the info to people that inquire. I ordered a birthday cake for DBF thru VP today, It is a 6" cake chocolate with Choc. ganache and white choc. mousse filling with a sugar mickey. Also, ordered rice crisy treats for one night ( they are $2.50 each) and a gift basket for the family. I wanted the cooler but could not bring myself to pay $47.00 for a cooler and a couple waters and a few snacks. I ended up ordering the chocolate lovers basket ( me, a chocoholic? why,,,,,no....):confused3 . I asked them to put a minnie plush in the basket for my little one. I wanted something customized but they said they no longer do that. Bummer!
Anywhoo. I will be sure to take pics of these on vacation and will post them . I am crossing my fingers that our cake looks as yummy as the ones posted. :cake: :jumping1:

Just giving this thread a little bump. :donald:
Anyone else have any cakes pictures they'd like to share?? :surfweb:

do you have to be staying at one of the hotels to be able to get a cake?
what about just eating at one of the restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter