We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Last September my DS turned 8 at Disneyland. I will look for a picture of the cake I ordered and post it ASAP. I ordered a Pirates cake and it was in the shape of a ship. It was GREAT. So many people stopped to look at it! I ordered it from a local bakery and had it delivered to the hotel....I will work on getting the pic and the name of the bakery!

My sister just ordered a cake for my birthday in April for our dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. It should be vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse and white buttercream frosting. I think she said she got a chocolate Mickey since they didn't have an edible image of Mulan. :( I can't wait! :)

BTW, if you want to order a cake for one of the restaurants for the DL hotels and aren't a guest it has to be done through Disney Dinning, not vacation planning.

I'll definitely post a picture once we get back. :)

Last September my DS turned 8 at Disneyland. I will look for a picture of the cake I ordered and post it ASAP. I ordered a Pirates cake and it was in the shape of a ship. It was GREAT. So many people stopped to look at it! I ordered it from a local bakery and had it delivered to the hotel....I will work on getting the pic and the name of the bakery!

Would love the pic and the name of the bakery.....

Wow, these are some awesome cakes and creations! :thumbsup2 The talent is amazing.

These weren't from the Disney park but were some Mickey cupcakes I made recently for my daughters birthday.

cupcakes1.png

cupcakesmickey1.png

cupcakesmickey2.png

I am seeking pics of the birthday cakes served at the Plaza birthday party. Photos of the activities would be great too.

I am seeking pics of the birthday cakes served at the Plaza birthday party. Photos of the activities would be great too.

Info here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/birthday.htm It's called the Happiest Birthdays on Earth, or something like that. Check out the very bottom of the page for a pic of what I've seen pictures as the cake you get to decorate there. Not quite on the same scope as the cakes on the rest of this thread! :upsidedow

When we went last December they gave us a small round cake in the center(face part) of the black Mickey Mouse plate. They gave everyone small cups of different frosting and sprinkles to decorate your cake. (FYI....bring extra wipes--It gets messy :) )
100_6195.jpg

Does anyone know if you have to be staying at one of the three hotels to order the cake or can you just dine at one of the restaurants and order?

I was told about this thread a few weeks ago and decided I didn't want to share my story in such an old thread. But since it's back to the top I will.

We surprised my DD and her DH to a special 10th anniversary dinner at Hook's Pointe. I placed an order for a cake to be sent to the table at the end of the meal...

I ordered:

white cake and white buttercream frosting and choc mousse filling
2 shades of dark rose (maroon) flowers and of course greenery
4" Mickey and Minnie choc figurines
"Happy Anniversary Doug & Dee Dee"

What you can't see is that it is whipped cream frosting...this is the rest of the story...

ddscake-1.jpg
:eek:

My money was refunded after several attempts to let them know I wasn't happy. All is well now, but I won't order another cake.

My first experience was too disappointing.

Last December my husband ordered me a cake for my birthday. We had it delivered to our room. It was the yummiest cake ever. It had a hard choc. frosting. It was the white cake with strawberries and whipped cream in the middle. It was so yummy. It was very sweet though and we couldn't eat it all :) I will have to see if I can find a pic of it.

Does anyone know if you have to be staying at one of the three hotels to order the cake or can you just dine at one of the restaurants and order?

Audra, from what I've gleaned (silly word), if you're staying on-site then Vacation Planning can take care of it, but if not and you want it delivered to a restaurant, then you contact Disney Dining about it.

That's not gospel, it's just what I remember, but at least it might point you in a direction. :)

When we went in 06 for daughters 2 bday we stayed at DLH. when I called about her cake for goofy's kitchen I ordered from Grand Cali. They first said it would be delivered, but ended up them saying we had to pick up. You can order from there, but when I ordered I was told I would need to speak to the chef to see if she could do what I wanted. It was WAY more grand and ton more cake than I had thought she was going to do it was awesome. You could try calling them. I will be ordering 1 again for our mommy and princess trip we will be celebrating my 30th ugh ugh lol

Audra, from what I've gleaned (silly word), if you're staying on-site then Vacation Planning can take care of it, but if not and you want it delivered to a restaurant, then you contact Disney Dining about it.

That's not gospel, it's just what I remember, but at least it might point you in a direction. :)
Yep. That was what my sister was told last week when she ordered the cake for my birthday. We're not staying on-site so it arranged through Disney Dining.

100_6300.jpg

100_6299.jpg

Here is a picture of the yummy cake we had delivered to our room last December. It was a white cake with strawberries and cream in the middle. It was sooooo good :)

I feel really cheated on the cake we got at the DLH for my daughters 10th wedding anniversary after seeing some of these. Hers was awful looking!

I had forgotten about this thread! Thanks for bringing it back to "life" :goodvibes I am going to see about ordering one for our Anniversary in a couple weeks!

AWWW i'm gonna be there for my b-day but i'm not gonna be staying on site :sad1:............. i'll have to find a way between now and then to get one....

WOW Caseydilla those cup cakes look great! Did you actually make them??? if so i think you should start selling them they lookes awsome!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter