We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

My mom ordered me a cake for my 21st birthday when we were staying at the Paradise Pier. Actually, back then it was still the Disneyland Pacific Hotel.

It was one of those small 6" things, but there was really nothing special about it. It wasn't even particularly fun or attractive like any of the pics seen here. Just a boring old cake with one of those $5 ceramic figurines of Mickey plopped on top that you can buy inside the park. Of course this was seven years ago. Guess a lot has changed since then. I'm looking at that cake on page 1 of this thread and omg! :eek: I feel cheated! I think it's about time I arrange another birthday at Disneyland just so I can get one of those cakes!

Sorry I can't post a picture of the cake, this was way before I had a digital camera and unfortunately I don't have a scanner.

This is the cake I ended up with for my daughter's 16th birthday

100_1953.jpg

It was awesome!!

These look so good I am seriously thinking of ordering on for my b-day in Nov and acting surprised :rotfl:

AWWW i'm gonna be there for my b-day but i'm not gonna be staying on site :sad1:............. i'll have to find a way between now and then to get one....

You don't have to stay at one of the hotels to arrange a cake. If you are having lunch or dinner at one of the hotel restaurants you can arrange to have a cake through Disney dining.

I called today to have a 6" anniversary cake made for our trip in a couple weeks. I asked that it be delivered to our room on checkin. They said they could do that. The total cost was $25.65, which included the delievery fee.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works out and post pics of the cake!

Thanks for all the wonderful info -- and especially the photos! I'd love to get a special cake for my twin daughters' 16th birthday -- These look lovely!!!

Ds8 will have his b-day party at a baseball game so we won't have a cake. I am going to order a cake for him & surprise him with it at storytellers! I spoke to disneydining and will order it soon, they only need 48 hours notice.

shyboy72's fiance here for another hack on his account :) these cakes i am
going to show you we had bought while in the park. the first is the Flying
Dutchman at the Blue Bayou. The second is a Jack Skellington cake from a
place in New Orleans. The last cake is from goofy's kitchen from the princess
package we got for my cousin for her 20th birthday:) mmmmmmm !

disney6.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

thanks for looking !

Is that a tinkerbell figurine on the side? if so is it plastic or white chocolate??

Yes it is tinkerbell and it was made of sugar and she was gorgeous. We wanted to take her home but we flew so we couldn't get her home without breaking her!

Ohhhhh I can't wait to see what they make for DS9! I will take lots of detail pictures!

Here was my cake from Goofy's Kitchen:

DLH-GoofyKitchen-06.jpg

DLH-GoofyKitchen-07.jpg

It was white cake with white chocolate mousse and buttercream icing. It was good, but VERY sweet. We could only eat a little bit at a time.

When we were checking in for our reservation we explained that we had ordered a cake. She didn't charge my sister for the edible Mickey, which we didn't realize until after we got back to the hotel. She put on the receipt that we had ordered a cake, but our waiter thought it meant that we were celebrating a birthday. After he brought out a little cupcake, he went back and found the cake. When he brought the cake out, Dale was at our table. It was funny. So just make sure you remind your waiter/waitress that you have a cake ordered.

Ohhhhh I can't wait to see what they make for DS9! I will take lots of detail pictures!

Jemilah, what did you order? A special theme, etc? Looks like we'll be there at the same time but I haven't ordered my DS' cake yet. I want it to be special but the DL Dining CM I talked to was very much, like, "Oh you'll just have to let them do their magic!" No no no, this control freak wants a hand in the magic!!! ;)

Here is what I ordered
6" cake
white cake, strawberry filling, chcolate ganache on top
I told them DS likes Mickey and Goofy , so the lady at DD added on choc figures of each
I will check to see if I still have a copy of the form they use, my friend at DD e-mailed me one , but he was off when I ordered the cake.

Can't do it PM me if you want me to e-mail it to you!

Here's some of our anniversay cake from our trip in April. It was white cake with choc mousse filling, butter cream icing. It was the 6" one. It was just DH and I and I had it delivered to the room for a surprise for him. It lasted us all weekend and then some, but keeping it in the refrig made the outter icing a little hard. It was still good, but not as good as when it was fresh. The icing next to the filling was still the right consistency and still pretty tasty :) Next time I'll get the choc ganche instead :) Everything on the cake was edible, except the ribbon and wire for the flowers. The flowers were postiage (spelling?) and edible, but I wouldn't eat them, not very tasty. The Mickey's were chocolate.

100_3062.jpg

100_3063.jpg

100_3081.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter